Start by marking “Hate to Love You” as Want to Read:
Hate to Love You

Hate to Love You

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  11,520 Ratings  ·  1,114 Reviews
Rule #1: No hot guys.
It might sound ridiculous. I get it. It kind of is, but college was supposed to be my sanctuary. It was my place to start over. The rumors, the whispers, and the jealousy I endured through high school would all be gone.
No one would know me at college.

Rule #2: No drama.
I’d major in pre-law. I’d make a few loyal friends. Everything would be easy breezy.
ebook
Published August 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hate to Love You, please sign up.
Lisa Reviews It is a standalone, so no cliff hangers, but it does not have an epilogue. Hope this helps you :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Hate to Love You (stand-alone). College romance with lust, secrets, gossip, lies, jealousy & danger as girl falls hate over love for star athlete!

“Shay Coleman tanked my dream of going pre-law.”

Hate to Love You (stand-alone) opens up to college freshman Kennedy Clarke, Kenz first political science class meeting and taking an instate dislike to her classmate, football star quarterback Shay Coleman. Kenz has plans and rules which do not allow for a cocky heartthrob.

Shay’s reputatio
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"I dragged his mouth to mine. It didn’t need to be so far away."

description

description

Thus far, there are a total of 1462 five star GR ratings on this book. I can happily admit, that none of them are ever going to be me. Just like Kennedy Clarke, our main character - I'm not going to sugarcoat this, neither am I going to 'be nice'.

________________

The College Experience
I am going to get the first order of business out of the way. This was the only aspect of the book I enjoyed. It gave us a wholistic portrayal of
Karen Mc
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

You know you've read a book that rocked your world when you don't want it to end. Tijan Meyer writes such raw and riveting stories that FEEL SO REAL, and I am always left wanting...NEEDING MORE. Hate to Love You is a HEADY HIGH, an edge-of-your-seat, emotionally-entwined, delicious drama-infused love story! This tale HITS DEEP with a few punches—touchy situations you may not see coming but ones that will TOUCH YOU and ones you will FEEL! Heartfelt and hypnotizing, Hate to Love You is a romance y
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Untitled

page_divider
4_STARS

HATE TO LOVE YOU: is a standone, college romance novel by Tijan. In this we meet
Kennedy Clarke, a feisty heroine who abide by three rules. And Shay Coleman
star football captain and quarterback

1: No hot guys
2: No drama
3: New year, new place, new me

Kennedy is starting over at Dulane University, a blank slate, she's reserved and guarded which is understandable given her history. She doesn’t want her past to repeat itself. Back in highschool girls used her for one sole purpose and that was t
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm honestly surprised I made it through this one tbh. The h grated my nerves, and I wouldn't want to be around her because it seemed like she was on a hair trigger to jump to some psycho or bit€hy behavior! Other than the sex I don't understand why they "loved" each other, and I never connected with the H. I keep on getting sucked in to this author's books because she has good ideas, and her blurbs are always interesting -- but sadly they never seem to work for me. I mi
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
4.5 STARS

Books like this are why I love to read! Hate To Love You tackles some pretty tough issues, yet remains sexy and entertaining! It's sheer New Adult brilliance! The storyline is phenomenal and expertly written. This is my new favorite from Tijan.

It's rare that I feel anything for a heroine before the hero. Typically, it's all about the man. I'm shallow, but that's okay. However, Kennedy (the heroine) is so much like me, that I couldn't help but notice her immediately. Narcissistic, right
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Hate to Love You
Series: Standalone
Author: Tijan
Release date: August 28, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Hate to Love You was my first read by Tijan, and while I would be willing to give another one a shot, I think this one just wasn't the best choice for me. My main grievance was the heroine. I tried to like her, I really did. But I struggled with her for pretty much the entire book. Her actions were so over the top and aggressive and she rubbed me the wrong way f
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
We LOVED this book so much - we are giving away ONE ebook copy

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

Don't do what I did!!!

I started this book when I knew very well that I couldn't finish it in one sitting and regretted it immediately. I LOVED this book!!! I was pulled in from the very first page, and had trouble putting it down.

Tijan's books are usually always high on my priority list, but her college books eclipse even that st
Snow
4.75 "I don't even know why I hated you" stars

Kennedy Clarke had a plan. Stay away from everyone, stay focus and steer clear from the drama, from the false pretenses from false friends. In order to do that, she hides the fact her "popular celebrity" of a brother is attending the same college, she acts as a loner, she's harsh and sarcastic and she never lets anyone in. And because of the heart-breaking experience in high school, she's more than adamant to follow through the set of three rules:

#1
Sophia Triad
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not falling in love. No drama. New improved me.

I used to have similar rules to the ones Kennedy in this book has set, when I started university.
Many many years ago.

Well, rules are made to be broken :)

Facts:
This is a book
1. ...where hate turns to love - although there is not a reason for hating in the first place.

We hate each other. Fine. But not right now... I don't hate you right now at all.
2. ...about college kids full of hormones.
Don't mistake a few heavy moans for a newfound liking of you
Jan
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ku, young-adult
** 2 Stars **

I think me and Tijan are done for good.
I’ve read 10 of her books. I use to love her! However, since Carter Reed, every book I start I can’t seem to finish. I’m not even marking them here.
For some reason, I thought this one would be good but it’s a story I’ve read over and over again.
A girl who doesn’t want to mesh with the others.
Bitchs who completely ignore or mistreat her.
Boys all over her.
Bitchs who then start to notice her when they see who she is with.
Don't take me wrong, if
Katie
Aug 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Yeah this is gonna be a no for me. Immature main character who hates the guy before he even speaks one word to her just because he's good looking. She also acts like she doesn't know her brother because apparently then guys wouldn't want to talk to her??? I don't know. If you want to write characters with this level of maturity, please don't try to pass them off as adults.
DW
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So.... I have decided that I am taking a break from chicks with a "chip on their shoulder". Man, does that get old!!!

Kennedy Clark is a smart mouth college freshman that had a bad experience in high school. She has decided that college was going to be different. She will keep to herself and talk to no one and I do mean no one. She only has like one friend because she prefers it that way.

Shay Coleman is the star quarterback. He's sexy and cocky and has thing for little miss bad attitude. Not sur
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I haven't read much from Tijan but so far I haven't had a bad experience with her books. I enjoy her writing style and it never fails to grab my attention, no matter the subject she's writing about. In Hate to Love You we're introduced to two college students, Shay and Kennedy. Kenz doesn't want to be attracted to Shay but the more they come in contact the more he starts to wear her down.

Shay and Kenz had a really intriguing relationship that I thought was fun to
TS
Oct 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
OK. So this was so bad.

Like I don't even think it warrants even a one star rating because this is quite possibly the worst book I've ever read and I'm pretty proud of myself for possessing the stubborn dedication to have finished reading this. That takes a lot of willpower. I deserve all the free books in the world for having gone though this shit fest.

I tend to give low ratings to books that are either super-boring-to-me or 99-problems(atic). This book not only bulls-eyed on both, but also wo
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, college, ku
YES! 4.5 Stars

Hate to Love You is what I’m talking about! Remember the Fallen Crest series? Remember the angst, the banter and the witty dialogue? Yes, it’s back and it’s called Hate to Love You. This is the Tijan kind of book I’m talking about. Don’t get me wrong, I love her mafia / dark books, but I really enjoyed this one.

I love the premise of this one and although I’m not fond of an overly guarded Heroine, Tijan writes the perfect balance of tension and steam to keep me entertained and happy
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!! Wow! l loved it. And actually the more I think about it, the more I wanna give this book 5 stars. It was just all out fantastic. Super addicting. I really hope we get books for other characters we meet in Hate to Love You.
mich
I'm always irrationally optimistic about Tijan books. I dunno why. Whenever I see one, I always think it might be good and will want to read it.

It's weird, cuz I've only ever read one of her books before - Fallen Crest High and I rated that 2 stars. Despite that low rating though, I have overall positive memories of it - I remember it being super entertaining. Ridiculous story, but entertaining ;)

But this book? There's not even a story. None.

Lame.

There's nothing to review here for me. DNF at a
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
3.5
Gah! This book had such promise. The title, the blurb, the cover, the author but it just fell short. I kept waiting for the connection to the story and or characters to happen but it just never did.

The writing was confusing at times, mostly toward the beginning. The transition into dialogue and who was speaking and or the point of the thought/conversation were muddled. All things I could overlook with a great story. The characters were going through the motions , but to what? What was the po
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

93a52399e3634f4c919ca4f27a2bcf

I have heard many great things of Tijan and yet haven’t read any of her books till now. With so many of her readers praising her books, I knew that I had to give one of her books a shot.

Hate to Love You is a light, playful college enemies to lovers kinds of romance that kept me entertained. The jock and the girl that doesn’t want anything to do with him. Yeah, you can say this storyline sounds very familiar but Tijan does add her own flair t
A_Ryan
Nope. Can't do it. It's a good idea but... The heroine is ruining every single page.

DNF @ 15%
Maria...
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I DIDN'T finish it!!!

Sorry, I'm not sorry...

I was bored, bored, so damn bored!

Not my cup of tea obviously!

There were a lot of things bothering me and I don't know where to start!

So I won't....

It's your choice it you want to give it a try!

The only thing I love about this book is the hot cover!
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
A quick review for once :-)

When I buy a Tijan book, I do it because:

-I want high school or college romance -> got it here;

-I want female characters that have been hurt one way or another in the past and used to or wanting to "stay on the outskirts" as opposed to "be in the light" -> Kennedy has been hurt the past year. She's been used for her brother's fame and does not want to get noticed anymore;

-I want some plot and conspiracy in the background. Usually a "rival" jealous of the heroine
Claire Scott
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I'm really torn about this book. On one hand, I loved the beginning and I thought that Shay and Kennedy were amazing. But maybe a third of the way through, I just lost interest. I nearly stopped reading it altogether. And then, suddenly, it picked up again.

I also never figured out why Kennedy's brothers were such a big deal. Why did everyone seem to know them? Were they famous? Did they have a certain reputation? I have no idea. Kennedy didn't want anyone to know that she was related
Bev
41% I'm out. I can't stand Kennedy, at all. I don't get the hate part in the non-relationship, I get she hates everyone and their brother but that's got nothing to do with Shay!?! I wish he would walk away and keep on walking instead of fighting for this whack job. 😱

It's not going to get any better so I'm giving up before I throw my Kindle. 😤
Wendy
3-5-stars.png (629×121)

I have been binge reading the "Fallen Crest"  series and when I was done....I didn't want it to be done ;). So I figured, why stop here, why not continue on my "Tijan" streak :P

nothing-stops-this-train.gif (360×203)

Now I have to say... I really enjoyed reading "Hate to love you", but I am gonna be honest here and also say that, even though Kennedy and Shay were great, they were no Sam and Mason.

This is probably because Sam and Mason have like 7 books centered around them, so I got to know them really well and I came to see them as f
Karen
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh, it was alright. Tijan has written much better. I've read a lot of stud quarterback with strong willed girls before so nothing really new. I didn't feel much about Shay as he did not reveal much about himself until long into the book.

A point made is that when you go right to sex with a guy then that's all your focus and getting to know one another is secondary.

There was a time or two when I didn't like Kennedy...when she grabbed that guy's dick and made an ugly scene...wasn't funny but over
Shayna
An epic whirlwind of college drama that had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. When it comes to New Adult Romance, TIJAN is definitely my GO TO AUTHOR of choice!

HATE TO LOVE YOU by Tijan kind of snuck up on me in such a good way. If you are familiar with my reviews, you would know that I don't read a lot of New Adult Romances. But when TIJAN writes a book, you read it dammit! And that's exactly what I did, and I FELL IN LOVE with her work all over again. The main reason I don't rea
Pick a Book
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
English / Português

“That isn’t playing fair.” His grin widened. His lips met mine, and he whispered against them, “I don’t play fair. Ever. You should know that about me.”

4 stars

HATE TO LOVE YOU is another delightful book by Tijan. A story that is about college students, Shay and Kennedy, with the ingredients I like: all that drama, the parties, the "I hate you, but I actually love you". The book has a good romance with a bit of drama and a deeper theme in the background.

Shay is a sweetheart. I
Fallen Into Tijan...: This topic has been closed to new comments. August/September Group Read: Hate to Love You by Tijan 11 67 Sep 27, 2017 09:15AM
“When I see you’re hurting, I want to wipe it away. When I see you doubting yourself, I want to give you the best damned pep talk in history. When you cry, I want to make you smile. When you laugh, I want to make you laugh harder. When you moan in my arms, I want to make you dissolve into a puddle. When you’re insecure about how I feel about you, I want to replace that with a proclamation that I love you so hard that I never want you to question us again.” 6 likes
“Fuck the haters.” 6 likes