Start by marking “Clive Barker's Hellraiser Omnibus Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Clive Barker's Hellraiser Omnibus Vol. 1

Clive Barker's Hellraiser Omnibus Vol. 1

(Clive Barker's Hellraiser (2011) #1-5)

The Horror Master returns to his greatest creation.

Clive Barker has “touched” Hellraiser only twice before: once to write “The Hellbound Heart,” and once more to write and direct the original Hellraiser film. With the Hellraiser Omnibus, witness Barker’s long-awaited return to tell a new chapter in the official continuity—a trajectory that will forever change the Cenobites…and Pinhead!
Published November 14th 2017 by BOOM! Studios (first published October 25th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Clive Barker's Hellraiser Omnibus Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clive Barker's Hellraiser Omnibus Vol. 1

Start your review of Clive Barker's Hellraiser Omnibus Vol. 1
Quentin Wallace
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good continuation of the Hellraiser franchise, but I have to admit I did get a little lost at times. This story ties into continuity but I wasn't sure exactly where it picked up. It stars the Harrowers who appeared in the Marvel comics series, and there's also hints of the story picking up after the film Hellraiser 2 which I think is where Clive Barker's storyline stopped. Overall the art is good and really fits the story, and the story does a good job of expanding on the universe. If ...more
Cameron (skipbassman) Skip
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Picking up an indefinite amount of time after the second Hellraiser movie, we are thrust into the terror that made the original movies so amazing.
The series then takes a step further into the macabre and insanity that I can only compare to the upped ante we received every new season of Supernatural.
Eventually, the series reaches End of Evangelion levels of wtfkery that brings you a bonkers fantasy Hellraiser story.
It’s not perfect, but it’s a Hell of an entertaining ride.
4/5
Amanja
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Clive Barker's Hellraiser is 500 pages of some of the best art I've seen all year, it really brings the feel of the movies to a book. Unfortunately, I remembered that I don't actually like the movies all that much. I really like the idea of them. That hell opens up when you unlock a puzzle box and demons are actually a bunch of weirdly sexy BDSM extremists who spend eternity inflicting an exquisite pain on the damned. I love puzzles! But the movies, and this book, are kind of slow, kind of bogge ...more
Michael
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, kindle
The world of Hellraiser (the real one, featuring the original fiction and the first two films) is one of my favorite places to visit, so I have no idea why it took me so long to dive into the comics. While the stories are entertaining and the artwork is brilliant, some of the choices left me a little flat. I did, however, love the Kirsty as Cenobite storyline.
Zack! Empire
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: boom-studios
Starts off strong, but has a steep decline about half way through. Seems to only have the first two Hellraiser movies, and some other Clive Barker writings, in continuity. It's a personal story in the beginning with everyone trying to get revenge on He'll itself, but it ends up with a giant blue electric Pinhead fighting battleships... wish I was making that up.
Not too sure I'll b picking up the second omnibus of this.
Michael
Travel back with me, my friends, to those distant, hazy days of the mid-1980s. Your humble narrator, aged 16, discovers Clive Barker, and specifically Books of Blood: Volume One. This was a life-changing event for our hero: sex and gore and twisted, dark imaginings the likes of which our young reader had never encountered before. I. Was. In. Love. I read all three volumes, and sought out as much of the young Barker's work as I could.

In 1987, while I was a freshman in college, I went to see the film
Ellison
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The first half was amazing. I loved seeing these Characters again and the story felt true to the films, the art style fits very well, that's what I want a continuation of the original movies to be. The second half went so far off the rails I honestly don't know what to make of it. It becomes a globe-spanning, metaphysical dark fantasy epic that's hard to follow, with the tone shifting like crazy - from horror to pulp to military thriller to superhero comic... Most of it feels nothing like Hellra ...more
Clint
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent

I enjoyed this, but the story makes no sense whatsoever. But the movies don't make much sense either, so that's forgivable. The art is fantastic, especially the Tim Bradstreet covers. Gruesome, grotesque, imaginative, and awesome. I wish volume two was out, because this ends on a cliffhanger.
Jacob Frank
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
The plotline is often hard to follow, and I'm curious if this narrative is or will be compatible with the events described in the Scarlet Gospels. The additional back story on Elliott Spencer (Pinhead) is interesting, as is the introduction of Leviathan as a speaking character.
Kyle Burley
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Solid horror comics that expand the "Hellraiser" mythos far more satisfactorily than any of the sequels. Not the highest praise, I know.
Zach
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Top notch graphic novel from Clive Barker. I like how it goes way deeper into the mythology and the history of both Pinhead and the Cenobites. Will definitely check out Vol. 2 soon.
dogunderwater
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, comics
ehhhhh i guess. it's not bad but you have to be VERY invested already. http://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2017...
Eric T
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like the story and art style of the book but I do not like the direction it is going. The later bit of the story and the ending is not as captivating and lost its charm.
Hugo Hernandez

• Harrow County, Vol. 5: Abandoned
  • Black River
  • Harrow County, Vol. 4: Family Tree
  • Harrow County, Vol. 3: Snake Doctor
Clive Barker was born in Liverpool, England, the son of Joan Rubie (née Revill), a painter and school welfare officer, and Leonard Barker, a personnel director for an industrial relations firm. Educated at Dovedale Primary School and Quarry Bank High School, he studied English and Philosophy at Liverpool University and his picture now hangs in the entrance hallway to the Philosophy Department. It ...more

Clive Barker's Hellraiser (2011) (5 books)
  • Clive Barker's Hellraiser Vol. 1