Start by marking “Astra Lost in Space, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Astra Lost in Space, Vol. 1

Astra Lost in Space, Vol. 1

(Astra Lost in Space #1)

What starts as a pleasant class trip to a planet five light-years away becomes a nightmare survival trip to get back home.

In the year 2063, interstellar space travel has become the norm. What sort of adventure awaits on the new frontier?

It's the first day of Planet Camp, and Aries Spring couldn't be more excited! She, along with eight other strangers, leave for Planet McP
Published December 5th 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published July 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Astra Lost in Space, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astra Lost in Space, Vol. 1

[Shai] Bibliophage
I didn't expect that I will like the story of this graphic novel because I found the first several pages a little bit childish for my taste. Nonetheless, the story became enjoyable to read once Kanata Hoshijima was introduced. I can't wait for the second volume because I already want to know who the culprit is among them.
Astra Lost in Space
Astra Lost in Space
Thanks to VIZ Media LLC and Simon & Schuster for the reading copy provided.
Rod Brown
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
More like 2.5 stars, especially since the book couldn't be bothered to name most of the nine main characters until halfway through, much less assign them any personalities. But after a slow start, a core four jelled and a little bit of heroic action gave the last stretch some kick.

The artist is pretty obsessed with boobs and the Brokeback Pose, but the book manages to pass the Bechdel Test despite the fan service.

I have the complete five volume series from the library right now, so I'm planning
Becki
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 I mean the beginning was just terrible and I wish I could just ignore it but unfortunately it introduces our characters so I can’t. But damn that was bad.
Now the second half. It was like reading to separate books. I mean what happened to our insufferable and ditsy characters. So let’s hope book two keeps up the latters momentum.
julia ♥
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun! 4/5.
Kia
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5
Shiralee
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved every single thing. The character development and the story itself was great. I can't even pick a favorite character since they're all so... lovable in their own quirky way! I laughed a lot and I've even held back some tears. Cannot wait to start vol. 2.
Laurie Brumbaugh
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I bought this series for my library, not only because it looked interesting, but also because it is well suited for this year's space-themed summer reading program. I'm also always interested in short manga series, and this one has only five volumes. Even though I don't typically read much shonen manga, I like sci-fi and really enjoyed this story. There's a good mix of action, danger, comedy, and heartfelt moments. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Mr. manga   man 1405
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has a great story line that intrigued me. I will definetly be reading the rest of the Astra lost in space this is a series I would highly recommed reading if your into space survival manga. I'm hope that this manga series is put into an anime. That is why I rate this book 4 stars.
Kristin
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
What starts out as a cringey, tropey manga about teens lost in space quickly turns into something with more depth and character development then you'd expect..
Laura D
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Has potential to be an interesting sci-fi series.
Jessie H.
This review was originally posted on the Goldilox and the Three Weres blog.

I picked up this manga because I was looking for a good sci-fi manga and this one was getting quite a bit of hype a few months ago when the English translation came out. I'm so glad I picked it up! It's a solid start to a new manga series. The first part of this volume was slow and a bit weird. It was mainly setup to introduce the characters.

The second half was a total shift in the narrative and I am all here for it! It's
Chloe
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew going into this manga that I'd love it, and I did! But I definitely had some problems with it.
I mean, the beginning was pretty awful (as I've heard some other reviewers say). The way he introduced the main characters, especially Aries, was just ridiculous. I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be satire or if we were actually supposed to take that introduction seriously. She would say how 'ditzy' she is and then everyone ELSE would also point out how 'ditzy' and 'helpless' she is; isn't t
Schnekk
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thought this was gonna be really lame from the cover and a glance at the inside, but it ended up making me laugh out loud a lot. Kudos to the translator and editor both for making this book so fun to read in English!
Terrence
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Decent little story. It's nothing that'll probably stick with me down the line, but it's solid, and fun for all ages.

This is a story of a group of highschool age kids assigned to go to a planet in space for a Space Camp. Basically, they need to live in a facility on the planet for 7 days, while also protecting and teaching the little sister of one of their group (Quittiere the elder and Funicia the younger). Our hero is Kanata who is a self-proclaimed captain and survival expert, much to the cha
Andrew Kyle Bacon
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comicbooks
Light and frothy, able to be read in just a couple of hours, ASTRA is everything I expected: childish, silly, stylish, and quick. I definitely enjoyed it, but feel no need to read it again. To be fair though, this is clearly written for a teenage audience and in that regard I think it's fairly solid. The main plot hook is introduced in a pretty ridiculous way, and absolutely out of nowhere, so I'll be curious to see how it's developed (if it is at all). The cast is solid, if very by-the-numbers. ...more
Teresa
My first ever Manga!
I grew up reading Archie Comics and these are right up there! A real throwback to my childhood.

Astra - Lost in Space was everything I expected. And it was good enough to entice me to want to read Volume Two.

I think I may just pick up another Manga series or two just to see if there are better storylines out there. This one was a little light.

#IndigoEmployee
ARC for review
Vicki Andrews
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I literally picked this up simply because it was a manga outside of my usual genres. And I actually enjoyed it a lot ^_^
I’m actually really glad there’s more of a focus on Kanata than on Aries like the synopsis suggests. So far, I think Quitterie is a pain, but I’m loving Kanata, Charce and Zack - plus, I love a good “obvious feelings, oblivious childhood friend” scenario.
Meera
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brittanie
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
4.5/5 stars

There were a few things that were too convenient, and the beginning was very childish, but wow... The backstories of these characters are great so far and I can’t wait to get to know them better. The mystery seems a little basic, but I’m still interested in finding out who did what. I’m glad that I purchased the whole series, so I can binge it.
Sesana
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
The first few pages are awful. The story is shallow, the dialog is trite, and the two main characters in particular are painfully childish. Fortunately, there's more to the book than just that. By the end of the book, I could see this was a series with some actual potential.
Kureiji
This is a must read for all manga - sci fi genre lovers out there.
Vi
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
looks like fun!
Jennette
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg I loved this so much I want more of the series!!
Keely P
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I enjoyed my first manga!
Cristina
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5/5. I’ll probably do a full review once I’m finished with all of the volumes
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
*3'25/5*
Fran J
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Aries is such a cinnamon bun. So cute.
So is Kanata.
Can't wait to read more :)
Gaby
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5/5
Shala
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I totally get why everyone is enjoying this series. Lots of heart, a good plot, and some fun thrown in to break up how heavy the story can be. I am excited to keep going!
ambyreads
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my new fav manga, I’m dead I’m buying the rest tomorrow I’m sksjdjd
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • ゴールデンカムイ 2
  • きぐるみ防衛隊1 [Kigurumi Boueitai 1]
  • World Trigger, Vol. 1
  • マギ 5 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #5)
  • Highschool of the Dead Color Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • That Blue Sky Feeling, Vol. 1
  • Goblin Slayer, Vol. 2 (Goblin Slayer Manga, #2)
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: THE ORIGIN, Volume 8: Operation Odessa
  • Private Dicks: Undercovers
  • Furari
  • アゲイン!! 1 (Again!!, #1)
  • X (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 2
  • Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Vol. 1
  • Cross Game 5 (Cross Game, #10-11)
  • プラチナエンド 5 [Platina End 5] (Platinum End, #5)
  • Giant Spider & Me: A Post-Apocalyptic Tale Vol. 1
  • Gunsmith Cats: Volume 1

Astra Lost in Space (5 books)
  • Astra Lost in Space, Vol. 2
  • 彼方のアストラ 3 [Kanata no Astra 3] (Astra Lost in Space, #3)
  • 彼方のアストラ 4 [Kanata no Astra 4] (Astra Lost in Space, #4)
  • 彼方のアストラ 5 [Kanata no Astra 5] (Astra Lost in Space, #5)