Start by marking “The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1

The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1

(約束のネバーランド #1)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  31,825 ratings  ·  1,606 reviews
Life at Grace Field House has been good for Emma and her fellow orphans. While the daily studying and exams they have to take are tough, their loving caretaker provides them with delicious foods and plenty of playtime. But perhaps not everything is as it seems…

Published December 5th 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1, please sign up.
PekeDevil Creo que llegues muchos meses tarde, pero te respondo. Antes que nada, decirte de forma resumida que sí hay escenas que ponen los pelos de punta. Si q…moreCreo que llegues muchos meses tarde, pero te respondo. Antes que nada, decirte de forma resumida que sí hay escenas que ponen los pelos de punta. Si quieres una respuesta más extensa, aunque con spoilers, yo sí que le pondría los siguientes trigger warnings:
<spoiler>
- Muerte de niños pequeños (no se ve el acto, pero sí el resultado).
- Se ve al menos 1 cadáver
- En si la trama sí es siniestra así que aunque no pase nada de forma visual tú lo sabes (hay gente que es sensible a esas cosas)</spoiler>
(less)

·  31,825 ratings  ·  1,606 reviews

Start your review of The Promised Neverland, Vol. 1
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
This is not what I was expecting.. AT ALL. I didn't realize that this was considered a horror manga, albeit it's not a scary story necessarily, but the situation is scary for the characters. I went in thinking this was going to be some happy go lucky story about kids at an orphanage.. BOY WAS I WRONG. I think this was a good introduction to the story, because it's got me curious as to what's going to happen next and I've already come up with all sorts of different theories that are more than lik ...more
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
I just finished watching the first two episodes of the anime and I AM SCREAMING I NEED IT NOW. Bought the first three volumes. Fingers crossed y'all. Shit went from 100-1,000,000 REAL QUICK .

If you spoil anything me, I will literally explode and be so sad so please....no
fucking
s p o i l e r s.

Bookishrealm
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What the hell did I just read??

Okay, so I was recommend The Promise Neverland by someone either on Twitter or on my Youtube community board when I asked for manga recommendations. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS GETTING INTO. I thought that this manga was going to be about a group kids that were living in this orphanage that maybe went on some adventures because they lived in a post apocalyptic world. I was wrong. The first twist/revelation in this book had me blown. I mean so blown away. I couldn't be
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfection!!

I watched the anime and now I'm starting to read the manga - both are spectacular!
Anime is atmospheric and beautifully done, with amazing production value and great soundtrack (that's been stuck in my head for days now).
Manga is detailed, beautiful and fast paced.
Also - the whole thing is pretty Dark. In the best of ways.

You can do either one, but honestly, for something this good I have no regrets for spending my time doing both. I cannot wait to read the next volumes!

My WEBSITE
The Artisan Geek
22/8/20
This one was quite alright, though I'm not much of a fan of the art style and also the images of those demons are cursed.

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website | The Storygraph
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A Peter Pan retelling like you've NEVER seen before!! Emma, Norman and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as “Mom,” all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect environment to learn—what more could an orphan ask for? One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing.

The Pro
Mir
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a solid, creepy sci-fi horror that I think is suitable for children as well as adults.
(Er, at least as far as graphic content goes; maybe not if you think your kids will have nightmares after reading about orphans whose surrogate mother is actually (view spoiler))
Maria
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woooooow what a PROMISING start! So far this manga has already surpassed my expectations. The prison escape mystery horror kind of story is definitely what I need in my life right now! The dynamic between Emma, Norman and Ray is my favorite thing about this series. The art is quite simplistic yet expressive and aesthetically pleasing, the plot is captivating, the pacing is just right. I’m hooked fam!
Victoria ♡
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-manga
If I’m not careful this could be another series i just completely binge read. Such a strong first volume!
Stephy Simon
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
" A single fact can overturn your entire conception of reality"
Loved it
Gonna read the entire series soon😍
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
Kids, demons, a dystopian world. Sure sounded like an interesting premise, but... Maybe it's just not for me. The storytelling is incredibly repetitive, survival is presented like some Hercule Poirot mystery, and it's all just a bit drab. I might have liked this as a child - but it didn't keep me interested enough now. I felt like DNFing quite a few times, and even while being manga, what with a page taking me no longer than 10 seconds, if even that, I still couldn't read fast enough. Not going ...more
Shannon
Apr 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2017, shounen, fantasy
Yeessss I was hoping this would take a turn for the worse after they showed how the kids had numbers tattooed on their necks. Very dark, just how I've been liking my fantasy lately. ...more
Chaity
May 27, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021
This went from a beautiful dream to a nightmare real soon.
Rusty Grey

It finally ends. I'd been following this manga since the beginning so it felt good following it till the end. I loved the characters and the storyline. My only complain is how the story became convoluted after the Goldy pond Arc. The mangakas started pulling off things willy nilly. Imo the story could've ended 20-25 chapters short. Overall a great psychological thriller shounen manga.
Reem Ghabbany
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was more enjoyable than I thought it would be
Katie
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is not at all what I was expecting. I am SO INTRIGUED by the direction this story will go. Can’t wait to read more!
Mehsi
A lovely house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a wall with a gate, happy kids playing around... but are they really happy? And why can't they leave?

I will try to skirt around most of the details as possible. :P

From the start of the manga I just knew something was up, but what? Well, we don't find out until Conny leaves. After that, and the shocking revelation that came with it (and gruesomeness), our MC and her friends are going to do everything they can to get the hell out of this place
Jaine
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Chapter 1 THE GRACE FIELD HOUSE
I have seen this anime and it is just great. Now I decided to read the manga because I want to have another experience of this story. I just love this. The first chapter is just scary and sad that Norman and Emma finally knew the truth.

Chapter 2. THE WAY OUT
It still irritates me seeing their “Mom’s” fake happy face. My gosh. It’s just fucked up knowing they are only kids and they have to deal with this huge decision and situation. Though they are extremely smart bu
James DeSantis
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just watched Made In Abyss and really enjoyed it. The Promised Neverland gives the same vibe. Kids in a anime being in danger is nothing new, but the sharp turn from happy and go lucky to darkness is jarring but both Made in Abyss and Promised Neverland feel earned.

So a bunch of kids at a orphanage are trying to enjoy their young childhood lives. One day Conny, one of the kids gets chosen to be adopted. YAY! Except when two of her fellow friends follow her out to say goodbye and find that kid
Tomoe Hotaru
This is a rating and review of the entire series.

Story: ☆☆☆☆☆
Art: ☆☆☆☆

Don't come @ me with details from the anime because I didn't watch the show, and this is a review of the manga--and I mean from volumes 1 to 20--so yeah, since the show (as of this moment) isn't finished yet, you might want to skip this review unless you're all right with minor spoilers (or major, ymmv).

It might not be a fair comparison, but The Promised Neverland is what I had hoped Made in Abyss would be, had it not cata
Jessica
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2019, favorites
Loved this! So dark and intense.
theresa
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i need volume 2 asap!!
Michael Sorbello
This is a review of the entire series.

Note: As the very first chapter contains a rather huge twist in itself, it's damn near impossible to write a review without minor spoilers that reveal what that initial twist is. If you want to go in completely blind, don't read this!

Grace Field House is an orphanage closed off from the rest of the world by huge walls that serve as a barrier. What goes on outside is a complete mystery. No one knows what lies beyond the walls or how the world came to be the w
Aleksandra
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The Promised Neverland is widely popular ongoing manga and its anime adaptation is airing this winter season, I got so invested into the story after watching the first episode so I decided to read the manga alongside the anime run so when s1 ends I can seamlessly keep on following the story via manga format.
Why am I providing all of the personal info when I could talk about vol.1 itself? I really don't to give anything away. I believe it's best going into the story completely blind.
If you do wan
Aleksandra
So good. Totally didn’t expected this to be so dark, but I love it.

The world is so interesting and the art is stunning.

I like Emma so far, but her character feels a bit flat. (Side note: I don’t know if it’s just me, but it’s so hard to find an interesting and complex female protagonist in manga/anime. It’s my mission to find a favourite female character.)

Ray is my favourite type of character in manga/anime; quiet, calculating, clever and so on.

And Norman... he gives me creeps. He reminds me
Amber
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Definitely not what I expected at all! Interested in seeing what will happen next.
Nelson
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great set up! Let's see where this goes ...more
Melody (theliteraryowl)
wow, what can i say? this was so so so good, definitely the best story i’ve read in a while, it makes everything pale in comparison.
i’ll write a full review once i recover from this.
Julie
Interesting I did not expect demons. I have no clue how this story will go, but I'm already invested. This should be good. ...more
Nərmin
Wonderful start and exciting journey!
manga group~addic...: The Promised Neverland (spoilers) 9 7 Apr 10, 2021 08:04PM
SCPL Teens: The Promised Neverland Vol 1. Book Review 2 9 Jun 30, 2020 09:44AM
Manga Monday Book...: CHAPTER #1: GRACE FIELD HOUSE 10 89 Apr 05, 2020 07:57AM
Manga Monday Book...: CHAPTER #7: COUNTING ON YOU 7 66 Mar 20, 2020 06:30PM
Manga Monday Book...: CHAPTER #3: THE IRON WOMAN 7 43 Mar 18, 2020 10:43PM
Manga Monday Book...: CHAPTER #6: CAROL AND KRONE 4 31 Mar 12, 2020 07:17AM
Manga Monday Book...: CHAPTER #5: SHE GOT US! 4 25 Mar 12, 2020 06:58AM

• Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1]
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 01 (Hunter x Hunter, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 1 [Haikyū!! 1]
  • 暗殺教室 1 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 1] (Assassination Classroom, #1)
  • My Hero Academia, Vol. 1 (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto, #1)
  • SPY×FAMILY 1 (Spy x Family, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 1 (Black Butler, #1)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • 地縛少年 花子くん 0 [Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun 0] (Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, #0)
  • A Silent Voice, Vol. 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三
See top shelves…
Pseudonym of the Manga writer creator of Promised Neverland.

約束のネバーランド (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • 約束のネバーランド 2 [Yakusoku no Neverland 2]