Start by marking “Star Wars, Vol. 6: Out Among the Stars” as Want to Read:
Star Wars, Vol. 6: Out Among the Stars

Star Wars, Vol. 6: Out Among the Stars

(Star Wars (2015) #6)

Marvel's epic and thrilling exploration of the Star Wars galaxy continues! COLLECTING: STAR WARS #33-37 and Annual #3
Published December 5th 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars, Vol. 6

Start your review of Star Wars, Vol. 6: Out Among the Stars
Alejandro
As varied as good!

I bought this in its single comic book issues, but I chosen this TPB edition to be able of making a better overall review.

This TPB edition collects “Star Wars” #33-37.

This comic book run is set after the events of “Star Wars IV: A New Hope” but before the events of “Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back”.

Creative Team:

Writers: Jason Aaron & Dash Aaron

Illustrators: Salvador Larroca & Andrea Sorrentino

STAR WARS SPOTLIGHTS

It’s not unusual en long comic book series that
Sam Quixote
Jason Aaron closes out his mediocre Star Wars run with Volume 6: Out Among the Stars, a meh collection of short stories.

Sana (basically Han without a willy or a giant crossbow-gun-wielding dog) with Lando in tow, double-crosses one group of villains after another in a cleverly-plotted episode. The other interesting stories feature Han outwitting Grakkus the Hutt to find out where his weapons/supplies cache is hidden while R2 rescues C-3PO from Vader’s grip in a pretty fun tale.

The stories
Ben Brown
And with that, Jason Aaron’s storied run on Marvel’s flagship “Star Wars” title comes to an end. Volume 6 – “Out Among the Stars” collects issues #33-37, the majority of which are one-shot issues featuring individual adventures with the usual gang of heroes, as well as Sana Starros and Lando Calrissian. While these issues may not represent the pinnacle of either Aaron or artist Salvador Larroca’s talents, this final volume still stands as a decent enough farewell for Aaron, before Kieron Gillen ...more
Kemper
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is a set of pretty good Star Wars stories that was completely ruined for me by the art. It’s not even all the art, it’s just one particular aspect of it. So more’s the pity.

Apparently Salvador Larocca used photorealistic style on the major character’s faces so he did some kind of tracing off actual pictures of the actors and then these were colored in tones to make them look more like photographs, not drawings. The results at times look like a child scissored out the faces of the actors
Chad
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Jason Aaron finishes up his Star Wars run by breaking up the characters into little two people solo issue adventures. The best of the bunch is the Sana and Lando issue that shows just how formidable Sana is. Salvador Larroca's art in the book has grown uglier and uglier over the last couple of volumes. His tracing of faces of photos from the movies looks odd and doesn't fit with the rest of his art in each panel. The coloring of the faces looks like a badly retouched black and white photo that ...more
Gianfranco Mancini

Almost a 4 stars mixed bag of stories about well-matched pairs of characters, my most favourite ones were the Han/Chewie, the droids and the group Scar stormtroopers one.

Now I like much more Sana, but her team up with Lando make seem all other characters like poor idiots.

And the movie frames with iconic characters faces were just too many and weird this time... just look at Han Solo.

Larroca??? WTF??? Oh good grief...
Scott
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Mixed bag collection of seven short stories -- there are a few that are pretty entertaining ('Revenge of the Astromech' - a spry R2D2 on solo mission to rescue C-3PO; 'The Hutt Run' - Han and Chewie smuggle a Huttese prisoner through Imperial airspace; and the untitled action-heavy finale - Han and Leia trapped on a frozen remote planet, and trying to avoid an acquaintance harboring a deadly grudge) while the rest were okay if forgettable, or just pointless ('The Sand Will Provide').
Lance Shadow
Another day, another review, another on going series. This one is for the sixth volume of Jason Aaron's "Star Wars", the flagship title for Marvel's comic book canon.

Jason Aaron started off really strong with this series. Skywalker Strikes and Rebel Jail were both solid, and Vader Down and Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon were both fantastic. However, the more recent volumes have felt like filler, and it is becoming increasingly clear that Aaron has run out of ideas. Last Flight of the Harbinger
Tiago
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I get that the main Star Wars title is just a vehicle to give all the original characters some background, but this episodic style is boring as hell, the only reason I keep reading these series is because sometimes you get a cool short story that makes the ride worthwhile, like the single issue starring Artoo and Threepio, which was my favorite until now, hilarious.

I'm also digging this new Stormtrooper. One of the reasons I loved the Clone Wars was the military side of the story, I loved those
Chris Lemmerman
When I heard that Jason Aaron's final arc of Star Wars was all one and done stories, I was a little disappointed. He'd built up a good ongoing plot, and to see him cast it all aside felt a bit cheap.

Then I read the volume, and it honestly reads like the best of his run. Each issue focuses on different characters and offers a different flavour of story, really getting into the heads of each of them in order to show where their minds are at at this point in the story.

We open with Luke & Leia,
Benji Glaab
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 's

The overall product was 3 star quality, but I rather enjoyed the character interactions/exchanges throughout so have decided to round up this time. Once again it seems frustrating that the volume spanning story arc is so weak. This could be because this series is constrained by being sandwiched between episode IV and V doesn't leave much wiggle room for plotting. That is my major complaint with this ongoing series. That and there are so many mini stories and one shots thrown in that it
Anthony
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Jason Aaron wraps up his tenor on the main Star Wars title with an arc of rotating one-shot stories that all tie together a little bit. Scar Squadron returns! Han does some smuggling! R2-D2 takes down a bunch of Stormtroppers!

I don't mean to sound salty, because it's not a bad volume and far from the worst. And the Star Wars brand is bigger than the writer so there wasn't going to be any big send off. And hopefully the book will benefit from a new writer with some fresh ideas and stories, and
Sesana
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, comics
Despite (or maybe because?) it's a bunch of one-off stories, this is one of the most enjoyable volumes of the Aaron's run. Didn't love the annual, but every other issue is solid.
Dan
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it
some parts were really good and others just okay. Hate how the art is not consistent.
Scott Rhee
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re keeping track at home, Marvel Comics’ Star Wars compendium, “Out Among the Stars” is actually Volume 8 in the series (despite what Goodreads tells you). The stand-alone series "Vader Down"was, technically, volume 3 in the series. “The Screaming Citadel” is actually Volume 7. I read both of these out of order, which explains why they didn’t make a lot of sense at the time. Glad I could help clear that up.

Anyway, in Volume 8: Luke and Leia crash-land on a planet of vast oceans, which
Travis Duke
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
First to note: these are a bunch of individual stories. Secondly they are O.K. at best.

The Luke and Leia story is pretty weak.
The Sana and Lando story is one of the better ones.
The Chewy and Han story is also one of the better ones.
The droid story is O.K. but not good.
The SCAR squadron story is not good at all.
Tusken Raider story is just bad.
The annual issue number 3 I skipped I was done.

The art is pretty creepy I gotta say Larroca is getting odd. The facial photo realism is so creepy and just
Jerry
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
The fun adventures and fabulous artwork continue, this time featuring characters ranging from Lando to R2D2. However, a higher-than-usual profanity quotient, especially in the "annual" at the end, muddled things a bit for me.
Cale
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an improvement over the previous volume, but not a significant one. It's a series of loosely related one-off stories focusing on different characters, which means Aaron's skill for Star Wars dialog doesn't get as much chance to shine. And none of the stories have a whole lot of depth; either. We get a desert island story with Luke and Leia; an issue of Sana (with Lando!) with her being a smuggler, which was my favorite of the volume; Han trying to get info out of a Hutt, which has some ...more
Geoffrey Payne
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't expecting this volume to be made up of stand alone stories so that kind of threw me off at the start but I ended up really enjoying it. I think this might be my favorite volume of the series so far. The stand alone stories offered a good variety of characters and planets and although the stories didn't have an extensive amount of development they still felt important (at least most of them). I really loved issues #35-37 and the annual #3. The stories felt fresh and exciting. Also the ...more
Oron
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It's more 3.5 actually.
This collection collects 7 stand alone stories. Some of them are better (Sana and Lando, and the comic 3po story) and some are quite forgettable.
This is the last story of Jadon Aaron's run on the series. I actaully have the next volume in my backlog so I'll keep on reading. The glory which was to first couple of volumes is kinda gone, but visiting the Star Wars universe is still fun.
I guess this is a series for SW fans only, but not to those who tend to take things to
Alex Sarll
The not terribly conclusive conclusion of the Aaron run, told relay-style through a series of character spotlights - and as the cover suggests, R2 on the motherfucking rampage is the clear highlight.
Robert
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collection of one-shots that doesn't follow an ongoing storyline but rather focuses each issue on a different fan favorite from the series cast, including R2, Lando, Han and Ben. Individually entertaining, but unexpected from a title that up till now has had multi-issue arcs as the mainstay.
Clara
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not 5 stars because the first issue was incredibly boring. But the R2 issue was one of the best things I've ever read. Somehow the mini-series rarely work out for me because they're paced too fast, and yet these one-issue stories were (mostly) great!
Teresa
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth collected volume of the new Marvel line of Star Wars comics collecting Star Wars issues 33-37 and annual #3. Something unique about this collection is that each issue is focused on one or two of the characters, rather than the whole group, as the characters are all spit off for the majority of this part of the story line. Issue 33 portrays Luke and Leia as they wait to be rescued from a presumably deserted planet. When they find that there is life underwater being affected by ...more
Craig
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Episodic stories that don't really tie together all that much. This was all right, though not up to usual high standard set for this series in previous volumes.
Ellie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A mixed bag, my personal favourite being Artoo rescuing his anxious boyfriend and fucking with the Empire
John H
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one a lot more than the last couple of SW books.
Neville Ridley-smith
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, starwars
Interesting bunch of stories. Fun enough for me to give it 4 stars - would read again.

But that art - yeesh - copying/tracing from film stills always looks kind of cheesy and feels like a cop-out.

So, the stories:
- Luke and Leia go wild! See Leia take down an AT-AT with a bow and arrow! Yeah - this one was a bit out there
- Lando and Sana - the 13 crates - this was a fun one - very clever
- The Hutt Run - another fun, clever story
- R2D2 rescuing 3PO - this felt a bit too much like an Infinities or
Eric Mikols
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: star-wars
Sometimes, this series has new and interesting adventures. Most times, it's like Jason Aaron wants me to be thinking, "Gee, I wonder if Han and Leia will ever kiss?".
J.M. Giovine
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not as bad as many people claimed, however, there's a clear downfall of quality on Aaron script compared to previous volumes, particularly the first three, which I consider some of the best Star Wars in paper I've read. The new Canon is all about establishing these new connections between the whole saga, and I do appreciate, having in mind how inconsistent the Expanded Universe used to be. Nevertheless, and after 4 years of continuously new-storytelling, we've come to the point in which ideas ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Vol. 5: Worst Among Equals
  • Star Wars: Lando - Double or Nothing
  • Star Wars: Poe Dameron, Vol. 2: The Gathering Storm
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith, Vol. 4: Fortress Vader
Jason Aaron grew up in a small town in Alabama. His cousin, Gustav Hasford, who wrote the semi-autobiographical novel The Short-Timers, on which the feature film Full Metal Jacket was based, was a large influence on Aaron. Aaron decided he wanted to write comics as a child, and though his father was skeptical when Aaron informed him of this aspiration, his mother took Aaron to drug stores, where ...more

Star Wars (2015) (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Star Wars, Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes