Start by marking “Funny Kid for President (Funny Kid, #1)” as Want to Read:
Funny Kid for President (Funny Kid, #1)

Funny Kid for President

(Funny Kid #1)

Big Nate meets Timmy Failure in Funny Kid for President, the first book in an uproarious new middle grade series by Matt Stanton, Australia’s bestselling children’s book author.

When Max gets blamed for pooping in the storeroom (which he did NOT do), tensions hit an all-time high between him and his terrifyingly large teacher, Mr. Armstrong. But then, the most unexpected
Published January 2nd 2018 by HarperCollins (first published June 19th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Funny Kid for President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Funny Kid for President

Start your review of Funny Kid for President (Funny Kid, #1)
Pooja Banga
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely worth reading

You will find all elements of children's book in it ..

I had a good time reading it ..

Moreover you will be able to finish it in really very short span of time
Katy Noyes
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious school-set story that primary readers will love

First chapter- there's a poo in the classroom. Right. Yes, this is how it starts. Readers will be hooked. Max is blamed for the sneaky cupboard Number Two, which he rigorously denies, and ends up running for Class President to try and prove his innocence and stop the class teacher putting anyone else in the role.

This reminded me of Timmy Failure, which I've always preferred to Wimpy Kid as a smarter diary-style narrative. Big cartoon
Kelly Veatch
Mar 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s-books
I know my kids would love this book, but I do not! I have similar books like this one with similar type of humor, but I just don't like this type of book. Here are the things that I do not like about it: The entire story centers around some poop that was found in the floor of a storeroom at the school. The topic of poop is introduced in the very first chapter and continues throughout. Phrases/words like the following are used in the book: suck, stupid, idiot, butt, snot, fart, vomit, etc. There ...more
Fiona
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny kid for president by Matt Stanton is worthy of a big 5 star rating. Funny kid begins with Mr Armstrong (Max’s teacher) discovering a poop in the store room cupboard and blaming it on Max. Max finds himself in impossible situations however with a bit of support from those around him he learns that he can finger things out.
I love how Matt Stanton shows that when a bit of play and humour is added to a situation, things can work out far better than what you imagined.
And I thought Max’s
Elizabeth
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book really is as funny as it sounds. Here's my review for the CBCA. http://readingtime.com.au/funny-kid-p...
Mindy
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: third graders
Shelves: third-grader
Julie Garner
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
It begins with a poo in the cupboard...the kids are going to love it!!! There is an attack duck, a loveable but dorky best friend, an arch enemy and a drill sergant for a teacher.
Stanton is one of the co-creators of There's a Monster Under My Bed who Farts so kids will already by familiar with his work.
Max decides to run for Class President and is at a loss for what his platform should be...right up until the attack duck makes an appearance and his response has his classmates in fits of
Pauline
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Matt Stanton is the co-creator of seven bestselling picture books, including Did You Take the B from my Book?, There is a Monster Under my Bed Who Farts, This is a Ball and The Pirate Who Had to Pee. His distinctive form of humour, beware there is lots of poop, vomit and wee humour, is found in his first junior novel. Children will laugh out loud at some of Max’s misadventures as he copes with his sports-loving teacher Mr Armstrong, “a hairless gorilla who eats puppies for breakfast”, and his ...more
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
I won a copy of Funny Kid for President by Matt Stanton from Goodreads.

Young readers will cheer on Max Walburt as he takes on his mean teacher and navigates classroom politics in Matt Stanton's funny middle school book, Funny Kid for President.
What's the worst thing that can happen to Max when his teacher discovers poop in the storage closet? Will Max get revenge on his teacher? How will Max's classmates react?
Readers will find plenty to laugh about and may even learn a few things along the way.
Rhonda Clark
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this kids book with my son, at first -- how can a book starting out about poop not be funny? -- but then I needed to do some other stuff, and he finished it first. Then he was too excited to not blurt out that there was a plot twist...but I made him stop there and not share what it was, so I could read it. (Love the chapter title with Star Wars and Harry Potter reference to another student.) Unfortunately, it looks like this book just was published and the next book won't be out for ...more
Gene Macy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luci
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in the giveaway and passed it on to my nine year old. He read the entire book in one night, which is highly unusual for my kid who would rather do anything but read. That night, I heard what I thought were sobs coming from his room after lights out. I went down the hallway to see what was wrong, and he was laughing hysterically beneath the covers. I'll let him update with a review in his own words later to point out his favorite parts of the book.
Maria
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max isn't the fastest, tallest, best looking, or smartest kid in the class. He has a duck that follows him around and his teacher is out to get him. How can he run for class president? This book is FUNNY. The age range listed is 8-12, I would recommend it for the younger kids. Poop jokes included.
I received a copy through GoodReads FirstReads.
Amy
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, nky-clear, chapter
After being unjustly accused of pooping in storeroom by his despotic teacher, class-clown Max Walburt decides to run for class president. A surprising principal, a cast of typical classmates (the jock, the nerd, the teacher’s pet etc , a psychotic duck and a simple but silly plot add up to a heavily illustrated chapter book that is perfect for fans of the Wimpy Kid series.
Ms. Yingling
E ARC from Edleweiss Above the Treeline

Max frequently runs afoul of his burly teacher, Mr. Armstrong, but is appalled when he is accused of pooping in the storeroom! Everyone thinks that Max did it, and when he is hauled before the principal, Mrs. Sniggles, instead of getting into trouble, he is encouraged to run for class president so that Mrs. Sniggles can meet regularly with Mr. Armstrong and a student to hash out problems. There hasn't been a president before, and Mr. Armstrong hopes to get
George Papuchis
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I received and ARC in a Goodreads giveaway.

I didn't actually read this, but I gave it to my 8 year old nephew who absolutely loved it. He couldn't wait to tell me how funny it was and how much he enjoyed it. He is a big fan of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and this was right up his alley. I had to promise him I would get him the next one in the series when it comes out.
Chloe Kim
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best opening for a "boy book" -- "Someone pooped in the storeroom. Actually pooped. In the middle of the floor. It's lying there in the dark, like a lonely, sleeping baby mole." Who couldn't sell that to a third-grade boy?
Amy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Definitely a winner for kids who like potty humor and unfair teacher humor. I personally don’t love those things, but kids will eat it up. Pretty solid plot hidden behind all the laughs too. For fans of Weird School, Captain Underpants, and Wimpy Kid.
Chris
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, light, illustrated, j, life
This is a lot of fun and should be very popular. More Captain Underpants than Wimpy Kid, despite its similarities with the latter.
WKPL Children's/YA Books
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miss Lori read and laughed throughout this middle grade read! There are many versions of this fun character and laughs await the reader!
The Brothers
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dexter (10yo) read. "I love this book! It's really funny. I liked how it started and how it ended."(view spoiler)
Amanda Workman
For Big Nate and Diary of Wimpy kid fans!
Carole
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of potty humor, which I don't normally enjoy, but it is quite humorous!
It has excellent descriptive details about the middle school characters.
Sharon Kalman
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fast and hilarious read.
Rochelle
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My son and I read this one together. My son loved this one. He found it very funny. I enjoyed it too. I have read a few of Matt Stanton's books now and he is a great writer who appeals to children.
Leo
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So funny. He really does think he's going to be president! DUCK! Here comes a funny book.
Krissy Neddo
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Kids will like it better than I do. Not as funny to me as Big Nate and DOWK, but kids will like and ask for sequel.
Jennifer Knechtmann
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny book. Has some wit, I just wish it could stay away from potty humor. To me that gets really old.
Sharlene Evans
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great for a toilet humour, middle school laugh ... share with any Jeff Kinney fans ;)

• WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • Max and the Midknights
  • The Ember Stone (The Last Firehawk, #1)
  • The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
  • How to Bee
  • Saving Winslow
  • Under Suspicion (Friday Barnes #2)
  • Click
  • The Elephant
  • The World’s Worst Teachers
  • Mega Weird! (WeirDo #7)
  • Marsh and Me
  • Hot Dog!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • Archie's Even Funnier Kids' Joke Book
  • Cloud Boy
  • Dragonbreath (Dragonbreath, #1)
Matt Stanton is a bestselling children's author and illustrator, with over a quarter of a million books in print. He is the co-creator of seven bestselling picture books, including the mega-hits, There is a Monster Under My Bed Who Farts and This is a Ball. He is launching his much-anticipated middle-grade series, Funny Kid around the world in July 2017.

Email: matt.stanton@gmail.com

Funny Kid (6 books)
  • Funny Kid Stand Up (Funny Kid, #2)
  • Funny Kid Prank Wars (Funny Kid, #3)
  • Funny Kid Get Licked! (Funny Kid, Book 4)
  • Funny Kid Slapstick (Funny Kid, #5)
  • Funny Kid Kicks Butt (Funny Kid, #6)