Start by marking “Indecent Exposure (The Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Indecent Exposure (The Academy, #2)

Indecent Exposure

(The Academy #2)

Is there a problem, Officer?

Jack Garrett isnt a police officer yet, but theres already an emergency. His new firearms instructorthe one who just dropped every jaw in the academy gymis the same sexy Irish stranger Jack locked lips with last night. The Olympic gold medalist and expert markswoman is now officially off-limits, but Jacks never cared much for rules . . .

Katie
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published January 30th 2018 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Indecent Exposure, please sign up.

Start your review of Indecent Exposure (The Academy, #2)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Jack Garrett. Superhero. Protecting New York Citys women from two-pump chumps one night at a time.

Love, love, LOVED this!!! I thought I was head over heels for this series after the first book, but that doesn't even compare to the warm and fuzzies that I have after finishing this one. Full of quirky humor, incredibly endearing characters, an addicting story line and a sizzling romance, Indecent Exposure was one unputdownable read. I simply adored it and I simply adored Jack.

If you
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 Soothe, fix, heal, love Stars

Sweet. Baby. Jesus Not just five starts, but ALL THE STARS!!!

Indecent Exposure, this Tessa Baileys masterpiece, managed to shred my heart to pieces and put it back together, making it whole and glow with Jack and Katies story!

Everyone that follows me, knows that manwhores even if reformed are one of my least favorite tropes, so I have to confess I was a bit wary going into this one. I know, I know, I should have know that our Queen of Dirty Talkers would never
Luzie
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain SPOILERS!
OMG, how cute is this story? How cute is Jack Garrett? How cute is Katie McCoy? After the unfortunate bad start I wasn't expecting this ball of sweetness, and honestly ... Jack Garrett was the absolute best! I didn't pay much attention to him in the previous novel due to him always seeming boozy and intoxicated, but this novel just gave me a 360 on him. Also, Katie and her quirky, genuine and open attitude made my day! I loved how open and honest she talked, even
Bubu
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cr, na, 2-stars, read-2018
Seems to be the day of the 2-star ratings. Sadly.

I think I prefer her non-NA-style romances. It's one thing to read Tessa Bailey's OTT dirty-talking heroes and their shenanigans in bed, but quite another to read it in first PoV. I'm a sucker for chocolate fudge cake, but add chocolate sauce on top of it with vanilla ice cream and I feel as if I'll be falling into a sugar shock any moment. That's what this NA-style writing is like from Tessa Bailey.

But hey, I'm sure there'll be plenty of people
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

DNF at 22%

I'm sure this book is great, and I actually enjoyed the male narrator, but I couldn't stand listening to the female narrator's fake Irish accent. Completely distracting for me.

goodreads|instagram|twitter|blog
Fatimama
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This was ok, I just did not enjoy this as much as I expected from a Tessa Bailey book. Certainly, this was not as fun for me as book 1 in the series.

Theres some serious undertones as Jack (H) was a male rape victim and he drank himself to oblivion to forget and to punish himself for that event. His alcoholism is basically fucking up his life and he doesnt even acknowledge that until he met the heroine.

I didnt like that he gained clarity and tried to be sober coz he met Katie and didnt want to
Susan (susayq ~)
Wow. This was not at all what I expected. Yes, it was well written, hot as all get out, and made me chuckle in some places. But what I didn't expect was the sadness and pain lurking in Jack. I don't want to say too much and give anything away, but just k ow that behind the charm is a man I just wanted to hold. I loved this!
Hannah
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this - explicit talk about consent really is my favourite thing.
Shayna
She sees me. Shes inside me, under me, around me. And its still not enough. I want inside of her, too. So deep she cant dig me out.

There isnt one word, one page, one chapter, one book by Tessa Bailey that I didnt FALL IN LOVE with at first glance. She has this AMAZING TALENT that hypnotizes me with every turn of the page. From the moment I discovered her work, there was no going back. Im in LOVE! I will always be IN LOVE with everything she puts out into the world. Ms. Bailey IS and WILL
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Somehow I missed the first book in Tessa Baileys The Academy series, but after reading Indecent Exposure I will be rectifying that soon. I felt like this book almost had two sides, a light-hearted, fun side and an overwhelming emotional side, both equally important and making it a strong and satisfying romance.

I wasnt really sure how I felt about Jack Garrett for a good part of this book, while he seemed like a nice enough guy; he seemingly had no ambition and flitted through life in a haze of
Dísir
Tessa Baileys The Academy series is shaping out to be quite a gem of all her books. Indecent exposure is engaging, fun, appropriately angsty when the occasion calls for it and more emotionally resonant than the first book in the series.

A deadbeat loser was what Id thought of Jack Garrett and I was nothing but sceptical when Bailey insisted on writing his HEA. But Baileys rather insightful articulation of Jacks issues, emotions and personal demons deserve some applause here, as she makes him a
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I adore this series so much!! It's sweet, hilarious, and SO hot. Jack and Katie's heartfelt story had just the right amount of angst to balance out the light-heartedness. Review to come!!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free copy of [title] from [publisher] via Edelweiss. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review, which is honest and unbiased *Indecent Exposure is a whirlwind romance between a broken Jack and a strong Katie. I loved how they both helped each other heal, and deal with life's difficulties in a healthy way.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Indecent Exposure follows Jack, whom I met in Disorderly Conduct, and Katie. Their hot romance is
Ambriehl Khalil
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐ [4.25/5 Stars] ⭐

My favourite thing about Tessa Baileys characters is the fact that theyre all so devoted to whoever the love interest is, especially when it comes to this series. Im reading them backwards and I dont know why but regardless, the chemistry between the characters rolls off them in waves. I really liked Jack. I think there needed to be some more attention on his alcoholism and his recovery. Alcoholism is no joke and an addict wouldnt necessarily be able to handle their sober days
Nicole P
I'm a broken record when it comes to Tessa Bailey. I am completely biased when it comes to anything she writes. I devour everything she writes. Her characters pack a punch and it was no different with Jack and Katie. My god. Jack. Just everything. Gah! And then Katie. So very rare for this to happen but she's a member of my Leading Ladies Club. Everything about her was endearing and powerful. I fell in love with her myself. As usual I was sucked into their world and greedy for every bit of ...more
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is fantastic and the book summary does not do it justice. The depth to this blindsided me. I was expecting a light fluffy read with Jack as the hero but what we get is so much more. This is one emotional, heartbreaking, sexy, funny read. There are many layers to Jack, and until he meets Katie we have no idea. Katie is awesome. She is perfect for Jack and I love them two together. I trusted her to give Jack exactly what he needed while at the same time staying true to herself. She did ...more
MaggieReadsRom
4,5 stars

Wow, this book turned out so very different than I expected and I say that in the most positive way.

Of all the Tessa Bailey books Ive read over the last year it brought me closest to the feel amd vibe of her early books (the Line of Duty books but without the suspense plots). But it was also much more than that.

INDECENT EXPOSURE is such a great mix of sugary sweet romance, sexy heat that included some of the finest dirty talk and emotional heartbreak through topics that were not for
Stacee
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the cast of characters from the first book in this series, so I was pretty eager to get to Jacks story.

Love love loved Katie. Shes smart and sassy and I love how she handles Jack. Jack is a great guy. Hes charming and loyal and doesnt realize how fantastic he is. Together they have a whole lot of chemistry and a bunch of sweetness too.

Plot wise, it was a bit more drama-y and slightly darker than I was expecting, but it was easy to overlook because there was so much communication
Alex
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Tessa Bailey's couples.
They're always so intense. So hot!

This one is not an exception. This one was also really sweet.

Katie and Jack's chemistry was OFF THE CHARTS.
The sex was HAWT! and the dirty talking... aaaah the dirty talking.
Mrs Bailey's men are the kind of Alpha men that don't even try... They're just so charismatic.

So yeah. I LOVED this one. The story was very good. The MCs were very endearing and the love story was intense and beautiful.

I can't wait for Danika and Greer....

description
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author and Publisher via Edelweiss***

At some point or another, I think I've read everything Tessa Bailey has written.

If this isn't the case, I'm close.

But what I can say for certain is this is not only one of the best books I've ever read, but it's also quite possibly the best book Ms. Bailey has ever written.

I'm picky. And, yes, it's that good.

Jack. Where do I even start with how broken he is from events in his past? And, who wouldn't be? He had a rough childhood, yet
Mandy
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about soulmates. This book is about personal growth. It's about finding that one person on the entire planet that understands you on such a fundamental level that it's impossible to ignore. The connection changes you the second you come into contact with that person. This book is powerful. It handles issues that are hard and uncomfortable at times, but wow how the journey is rewarding. The heart and emotion Tessa Bailey put into this story gave me tingles.

Jack Garrett. Playboy
Chitra *CJ*
"Indecent Exposure" is the story of Katie and Jack.
Jack is the happy and charming pretty boy of the Academy, who lives his life surrounded by women and booze. Not at all interested in suceeding at the Academy, he is pushed by his best friend Danika and works just enough so that his mother does not have to return to the brothel.
Things take a turn when one night, on the way to a bar he encounters a pretty redhead sightseeing a mob murder locale, and is instantly turned on by her- only to realize
TheEuphoricZat
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is just so cute but yet has a lot of heavy underlining topics

So this book centres on an Ireland Olympic shooting range gold medalist who has come to New York for two weeks
She meets messed up Jack who is a recruit at the police academy.
Anyways their meeting is accidental and electric and they end up kissing on their first day.
When he goes to the academy half drunk the next day that were he finds out that she is the new instructor!!!!

This book talks about alcoholic addiction, childhood
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
DNF @ 22%

I'm better off sticking to her erotic-romances.
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.75/5

Review to come!
« Court (Take the Read) »

First person, Dual-POV, HAE. Can be read as standalone.

Yet again, Tessa Bailey has blown me out of the water. I laughed, I fanned myself, I cried, I cried some more. This book is EVERYTHING.

I'm such a sucker for persistent love stories - battling personal demons for the hope of spending just a little more time with someone else. And if Jack's story doesn't crush your will to live, then I'm not sure what will. So sad, but I mentioned a HAE, and trust me, you certainly get it.

Jack and Katie meet
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤I'm so excited for this one!! I loved the first book so much!! ❤

Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emma
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
Indecent Exposure was completely unexpected in the way of the character development. Having met Jack in Disorderly Conduct it would be easy to dismiss his as an irresponsible party boy/player. However, it is quickly apparent that there are many layers to Jack and his complete disregard for his actions and their consequences are a result of the demons which torment him. Jack uses alcohol and sex as his coping mechanisms which create a vicious cycle of self-loathing and inadequacy.

The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Indecent Exposure is the quintessential story of the good girl and the bad boy. Katie is a gold medal Olympian, expert marksman, and virgin. Jack is a day drinker who grew up in a brothel and is only in the police academy so he can help keep his mom from having to go back to the brothel. He doesn't care about being good at his job. Really, he doesn't care about anything except sex.

You see the utter sadness in Jack's life pretty quick. I mean, growing up in the brothel is tragic, but even as an
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Feeling Close to You (Was auch immer geschieht, #2)
  • Kingsfall (PRESTIGE 1)
  • Cursed Kiss (Gods of Ivy Hall, #1)
  • Was auch immer geschieht (Was auch immer geschieht #1)
  • Find me in the Storm (Leuchtturm-Trilogie, #3)
  • Under Pressure (Redwood Ridge #5)
  • Someone Else (Someone #2)
  • LOVERS & HATERS: Liebesroman
  • Wie der Klang deines Herzens (Arts and Love Reihe 1)
  • Spiel um dein Schicksal (Night of Crowns, #1)
  • Residual Burn (Redwood Ridge, #4)
  • Liebe Mich. Für Immer. (Finde-mich-Reihe, #3)
  • Feel My Soul (New York Dreams 1)
  • BIG little LOVE
  • Dirty Neighbor
  • The Right Kind Of Wrong
  • Das Licht von tausend Sternen
  • Too good to be true (Woodland Academy, #1)

The Academy (3 books)
  • Disorderly Conduct (The Academy, #1)
  • Disturbing His Peace (The Academy, #3)