Start by marking “Toric's Dagger (The Weapon Takers Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Toric's Dagger (The Weapon Takers Saga, #1)

Toric's Dagger

(The Weapon Takers Saga #1)

Toric's Dagger is just another religious relic, until it's stolen. Belwynn and her twin brother, Soren, volunteer to lead a team tasked with its retrieval. Drawn into a world of danger and treachery, they must rely on Soren's magical abilities, and on the telepathic bond they share.

ebook, 1, 324 pages
Published May 27th 2017 by Rarn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Toric's Dagger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toric's Dagger

Start your review of Toric's Dagger (The Weapon Takers Saga, #1)
Tam
I listened to Toric’s Dagger as an audiobook. It has two narrators for each of the main characters, one male and one female, which provided a unique listening experience.

Toric’s Dagger was an interesting book, and I really loved the worldbuilding throughout the book. There are some very cool pieces of history around the dagger and the religious and historical importance of it. There are also introductions to very different cultures and how they work.

The two main characters, Belwynn and Soren, ha
Esme
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has been cut from Ventureadlaxre’s grouping, but before that it had been put aside for further consideration for the final, so it was a near miss. I liked this one, overall it was fun and quick at 314 pages on ebook – but being shorter it still had depth and nice world building.

Here’s Venture’s review if you’re interested https://ventureadlaxre.com/2017/09/17...

Plot:

The book starts out with a heist scene and I thought I was in store for a Gentleman Bastards type book – but after that s
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
3.5 Stars

Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has not influenced my review.*

I've read some high fantasy, enough to have gotten used to the concept of entirely different lands and countries and all that, but those were mostly about romance or focused tightly on one or two characters. This was the first book I've read that I would call epic fantasy, one with a quest (or maybe a journey?), a lot of characters, and a more all-encompassing story. But when you want to branch
C.T. Phipps
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
TORICS DAGGER is an amusing heist story about a brother and sister pair of thieves who, after a disastous attempt to rob a slaver, end up being dragooned into a quest to recover a holy relic that is just part of one larger quest to find the ones necessary to save the world.

While the main quest was certainly interesting, I felt the opening robbery at the beginning was the story at its best with poor Belwyn and Soren's attempts to get away with their loot going diastrously wrong in an Ocean's 11 s
Luke Hindmarsh
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
7/10 therefore 3.5 stars.

This is a fantasy story that I would have enjoyed more when I was younger. Not because it is in any way immature but simply because I hadn’t read as many fantasy novels then as I have now. I quite enjoyed Toric’s Dagger but the problem I have with it is that it is a ‘Quest’ plot line. I’ve read my fill of quest plot lines and there would have to be something truly exceptional about a story that followed that well-trodden path for me to get excited about it. On to the ana
Melissa (missy)
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a action packed story.
The friendships and betrayal keeps you wanting more.
Can't wait to see what happens next.
Happy Booker
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Toric’s Dagger is book one of the Weapon Takers Saga, which is a fantasy series. The story is written about this religious relic being stolen. Soren and Belwynn are twin brother and sister. They are the ones seeking the dagger. The twins have telepathic ways of communicating between each other. Soren has magic abilities that assist them in dealing with all the danger and threat they face while being on their mission.

Once they find the dagger, it appears that the problem is still not resolved. Th
Mark Boyd
I found this book a little difficult to read. The plot moved along slowly, and never really seemed to jell. Although the title is Toric's Dagger and you realize the dagger was stolen, Edmundson never let's on what the Dagger's power is other than toward the end of the book you find out it is one of seven weapons needed to destroy the horde getting ready to take over their world. There were a number of grammatical errors that should have been caught and a few typos. I did finish it so it gets at ...more
Deborah Hawley
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was provided with the opportunity to listen and review this title and was very pleased.

Narrations were great and story line was fantastic. Lots of history and cultures and Magic’s

I am looking forward to the remaining books!
Alexia Cambaling
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, indie
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Toric's Dagger starts off with a bang. Or rather, a heist. It introduces us to Belwynn and Soren, two twins who have the ability to communicate telepathically, and the group of people they work with. The opening chapters also serve to familiarize the reader with the group's dynamics and their roles.

Be warned though: the first chapters are nothing like the rest of the book. By the time the heist arc is finished,
Tammy
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First time reading from the author.
The book was well written. I have always liked stories like this.
Full of action, fantasy with sorcery, adventure or journey, and a touch of mystery to it. Never a dull moment, with the twist, turns, and info coming our way, as things unfold. The author made a great kingdom or world for their characters. Who is the enemy and who is the ally? We get introduced to so many different characters, who can be trusted and who can not be trusted on their journey?
The sto
Al Burke
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I've got to admit, I didn't give this book a fair crack of the whip. I've had other stuff going on that was somewhat distracting, and I was also reading Chasing Graves and We Ride the Storm in the same period.

On to Toric's Dagger. The story tells of twins Belwynn and Soren, who take on the job of retrieving an ancient religious relic,that doesn't seem to have any real value. They were wrong. Their road leads the twins and their merry band down a twisting path that leads to a war that coul
Coco.V
Apr 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
It takes a gang of thieves to catch a gang of thieves

Now, as kingdoms and empires start to fall, the twins confront the dark forces that threaten them. They must not let the
C.F. Welburn
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This quest to retrieve a stolen religious relic ticked so many of the boxes that got me into fantasy in the first place: an epic quest, a cast of diverse characters, swords and sorcery, otherworldly landscapes, strange creatures. Couple all this with a world which has a detailed history replete with political rifts, feuds and machinations, there is a lot going on. I especially liked the mix of characters, each bring their own skills and personalities to the party and the banter between them. Loo ...more
Kaylen Deal
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action-packed, fast-paced fantasy. I have never read anything by this author, so I was unsure of how much I would enjoy this novel. I thoroughly enjoyed the world-building and characters, as well as the plot. I listened to the audiobook version, and the narrators were great. There were a few instances that my American ears found British pronunciations odd, but I didn’t mind it at all because the narration was pleasant to listen to, and the storyline sucked me in.
John Pepe
May 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a good pace and felt fresh in terms of some of the world building. Edmundson really made it his own from the magic system to a few different races such as Drobax, Caladri, and Krykker. There was a nice host of characters and the writing was solid. The only hitch for me in the book was I felt a little overwhelmed at times with the number of different kingdoms/fiefdoms and their rulers. But other than that a good read.
Randall Paul Petri
Excellent!

Very engaging read. The characters are well drawn out as if they are friends. Their struggles are intense and their results are what can bring hope in dark times. I look forward to continued reading till whatever conclusion awaits them.
Lisa  Maughan
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It reminds me of the older fantasy books. Quests, friendships, evil, battles strange creatures. Great story
Kaitlin
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great beginning in what is sure to be a superb epic fantasy series. It has everything you could want, a group of travelers, interesting humanoid races, and fantastic world building. Pick this one up if you want a travelling story with a montley crew .

I listened to the audiobook and it was well narrated.
Martin Owton
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Toric’s Dagger is a perfectly serviceable old-school quest fantasy which I enjoyed reading. There are all the classic ingredients of non-human races, prophecies, evil sorcerers and magical objects. I would have to say that for modern tastes there is rather more quest than action – the fast-moving opening chapters of a heist gone wrong are at somewhat of a disconnect from the rest of the book in this respect. The relationship between the two telepathically characters, magician Soren and his siste ...more
John-Torleif  Harris
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This had the makings of being a great new series, though I felt that there were several instances where the narrative got bogged down in the details. I want to read more as this series progresses and find out how all of the ancient weapons are assembled. I just hope that now that all of the basic groundwork has been laid, that the rest of the books will be focused more on the story, and the adventurers rather than the world building that happened in this book.

I vouluntarily reviewed an ARC of th
Laure
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evil is trying to take over their world, and a relic from the past may be necessary to defeat the enemies. Unfortunately, Toric's Dagger has been stolen. Belwynn and Soren are twins, and they are leading a team that is determined to find the thieves and return the dagger. But there are many others who want the dagger, and would like to use it for personal gain.

Wow, great world building. The beginning of an epic fantasy with action, adventure, and magic. Well written and complex characters. Great
Kevin
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Toric’s dagger took me by surprise. It is a creative high fantasy that is engaging, complex, and imaginative. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
Plot- The scope of this book is huge. Therefore, getting oriented and understanding the direction could take some time. The entire book, although slightly meandering at times, is clearly directed toward an epic conclusion. Unfortunately, the conclusion doesn’t happen in this book. The ending was and abrupt cliffhanger (2.5 stars )
Charact
Lana
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A group of thieves comprising of twin siblings one of whom is a wizard, a priestess, two Krykker and a mercenary all trained in the use of arms and battle, embark on a great adventure across the lands of the realm of Dalriya. They end up meeting with Kings, Princes, Ambassadors and even an Archbishop apart from all the other magic wielders they cross paths with. The world building which went into the creation of all the different countries is very powerful giving the reader enough information to ...more
Sunny
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, whoever made the casting choices for the voice actors? Good job.

The book is voiced by two people, a man (Greg Patmore) who narrates the story and voices the men and a woman (Bridget Thomas) who narrates the women. It's not too common that books are narrated this way, so it threw me off for a second. But after I got used to it it really works for this book. Especially because you meet so many different characters it helps to differentiate them.

The genre is "epic fantasy" and I'd lik
Phyllis
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Phyllis by: scanoeheads@aol.com
I'm promised this book free for an honest review.
I found myself getting frustrated with some of the characters for their behaviour on some occasions in the story. Excellent involvement level !!
The characters were clearly drawn, motivated and precise. The situations were realistic, rapidly-paced and very clear.
The villains were deliciously malicious. I was able to hate them enthusiastically. And I did.
Magic, sword-fights, villains, heroes and heroines, Divinities, demons, perils and spectacular
Scott
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow !!!!

This book has it all and this is going to a fantastic series . The main characters are great and you can tell from the way this story goes that you are going to keep cheering for them as they attempt to succeed on their mission which is taking them further than they ever thought . Magic , action , political intrigue , villians , and twins . So if your looking for your next read pick this up and kick back in your comfy chair and bring snacks and something to drink because you are not goin
Sean Helms
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free kindle book I decided to get a shot. I'm glad I did as the book turned out to be pretty good. It was only the first of what appears to be a series, but it was an enjoyable first novel with good characterization and plenty of action to keep one's attention.
The beginning of a quest for the recovery of seven weapons needed to repulse an invasion of overwhelming forces of evil bent on total destruction. The only real criticism I have was the abrupt ending to the book. Yes, the story
Anders Haywood
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new fantasy.

This was a great new take on the fantasy genre, especially the whole end of the world trope.
With interesting, well fleshed out characters and a genuinely enthralling plot, this one really stood out for me.
I especially liked the non human races, they were so unique and vividly imagined.
It's clear that the author really spent a lot of time thinking the entire world through and it makes for a rich experience.
Patricia Terry
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic story if you have the patience to get through the very beginning. At the introduction you are thrown straight into action with unfamiliar characters and no back story. It's a little confusing. This rapidly straightens out and you are left with a capital fantasy adventure. I received a free review copy of the audio version of this book in exchange for an honest review. ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Merging 2 editions 5 15 Jun 02, 2017 03:30AM

• Warrior Knight
  • Healer's Sacrifice (Legends of the Ceo San Stories #1)
  • Shields in Shadow (The Silent Champions #1)
  • Binary Existence (Across Horizons, #4)
  • The Silver Star (Kat Drummond, #11)
  • The Whisper of Fire (Beyond Horizon #2)
  • The Frost Eater (The Magic Eaters Trilogy, #1)
  • Skies of Olympus: Books One, Two & Three (The Immortality Trials Book 1)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • The Awakening (The Dragon Heart Legacy, #1)
  • A Ritual of Fire (FBI Dragon Chronicles, #1)
  • Mountain of Madness
  • There's No Such Thing As Monsters (Gaslamp Faeries Series #1)
  • The Empress Capsule (Audacity Saga, #1)
  • Blackbeard Superbox (Starship Blackbeard Box Set Book 1)
  • The Event (The Survivors, #1)
  • When You Finish Saving the World
  • Bella Bella
Jamie has always loved a good story, whether real or imagined. He grew up in the south of England before moving to the north, where he worked as a history teacher. He still lives there with his wonderful family, but now spends his time writing, mainly about people hitting each other with swords.
You can connect with him at his website, jamieedmundson.com and follow him on Twitter @jamie_edmundson

Jo

The Weapon Takers Saga (4 books)
  • Bolivar's Sword (The Weapon Takers Saga, #2)
  • The Jalakh Bow (The Weapon Takers Saga #3)
  • The Giants' Spear: Book Four of The Weapon Takers Saga