Start by marking “The Fortuneteller's Folly (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)” as Want to Read:
The Fortuneteller's Folly  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)

The Fortuneteller's Folly (Nocturne Falls Universe)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Palm reader Darcy Kumar is cursed. She’ll be dead within a year, so why bother with love? After a brush with death she resolves not to squander what little time she has left. So when sexy firefighter Aiden Becker asks her out, she accepts. As long as she doesn’t have a child, the curse will end with her demise.

A Kachina healer and the last of his line, Aiden is compelled t
ebook
Published May 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Fortuneteller's Folly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fortuneteller's Folly

Christina
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced copy of this book by the author in return for my honest review.

The Fortuneteller's Folly, by Wynter Daniels, is another entry into the Nocturne Falls Universe series. Ms. Daniels does a wonderful job of really matching the 'tone' of the universe created by Kristen Painter, and the characters she's created are intriguing, especially Darcy and Aiden who were each a more unique type of paranormal than usually written about, even in the Nocturne Falls series. The two main cha
Angel Ortega
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story introduces new paranormal characters to the NFU universe - a fortune teller and a Kachina healer. I thought this story had a lot of promise, and overall I really liked the book. I was completely surprised by the troublemaker in the story, which was great because it was very unpredictable. I would have liked to learn more about the events leading up to Tiya's curse, possibly as a prologue to the story. I enjoyed learning about new characters in the series and their special 'gifts.' Ove ...more
Stephenee
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
* I received an ebook from the author but that in no way affected my opinions or review. *

I love the town of Nocturne Falls, I love the characters, the charisma, the premise, but most of all I love Halloween being all year round....this book was not written by the creator of the series, but the author did an amazing job with keeping it true to the series and the books that author Kristen Painter writes.

This one was a good one, and I felt that it did follow the timeline that the actual series fol
Crissy Sutcliffe
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I need to move to Nocturne Falls, what a fun place to live! This book is a fantastic short read. It covers it all in a short amount of time. Romance, intrigue, drama, and near death excitement that will keep you turning the pages and needing to know what will happen next. I fell in love with the characters right away and the only thing that could make this story any better is if it were longer!
Niken Widyastuti
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. I was not compensated for my review, and I was not required to write a positive review. The opinion expressed here is my own.

Well, I love Nocturne Falls series by Kristen Painter, so I was excited to know other authors joined in Nocturne Falls Universe. This is the 7th book in the universe, and one of the best.

The style, although different and had its own characteristic, was in line with general Nocturne Falls style. It’s about someone, a supernatural,
Christine Lee
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Fortuneteller's Folley by Wynter Daniels is a story in the Nocturne Falls Universe written by Kristen Painter.

Daniels' Folley is a fun addition to the Universe we all know and love. It's wonderful meeting not just new characters, but new supernaturals.

One is cursed and vows never to have children to pass the curse to, the other is the last in his line, and vows to pass his gifts to his children. When the two meet, its a spell-fest!

Lisa Bateman
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book. I swear, I kept having to remind myself that Kristen wasn't the author of it! It is so much like her writing and fits so perfectly into the world. I want more of this author! If you like Kristen's Nocturne Falls Universe, this will be right up your ally. The characters were so great. And I didn't guess who the bad guy was. I loved seeing Alice. We even got a short scene with Roxy. I just can't put into words how great this book is. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll l ...more
Jennifer Lowrance
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really like this short story, it fit in so well with everything Kristen Painter has written. I think it would've made a better sized book to get more of the curse's back story in. I also thought there was a bit too much back and forth in the lead female's head, but that's just my personal preference. Other than those two things, it was a very good story!
Jeri
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wahoo! Another great book in the NFU where it is Halloween 365. Really like that the author used supernatural beings that were less known, made reading very interesting. Well written, page turner, enjoy!
Denise Snider
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was very happy with this book. It was a short read and can be completed in one day. The story was interesting and had a great twist at the end.
Kay
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have not read the other stories in the Nocturnal Falls series. I have read other stories by this other and love her. This short story is full of fun, intrigue, mystery and romance. You will fall in love with Darcy and her determination in trying not to fall for Aiden. You will love how Aiden is not one to give up on what he wants and gives it his all.
Jaime
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nocturne Falls is one of my favorite places to escape to. I really love the books set in the Nocturne Falls universe. I thought this was a great addition to NF, but the ending felt a bit rushed. The bad guy, no names because spoilers, came out of nowhere and didn't figure into the story anywhere else. Otherwise it was a sweet story about love conquering all.
Miranda Beazley
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Darcy is the nail lady at Hair Scare, a palm reader, with bird like qualities thanks to her powers, and living her life under a curse that has taken the female members of her family to an early grave. Aiden is a healer and an EMT. After treating Darcy for an electrical shot scare Aiden asks her out on a date on the pretence of making sure she is ok. But their chemistry together is magnetic.

Another wonderful addition into the Nocturne Falls Universe. Darcy is a strong woman, but living on a self
Suzan
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I really enjoyed this, it was true to the style of Kirsten Painter and I loved the characters!
Ann Brookens
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this story we meet two new paranormals, Darcy, a Byangomi, who reads palms psychically, and Aidan, who is a Kachina healer. Darcy's big problem is that she is living under a curse that killed both her mother and grandmother. Refusing to have children and pass the curse on, she has avoided relationships. Then Aidan weakened her resolve. Now she is exploring ways to break the curse...but someone else seems to be casting deadly spells on her! I never expected the person revealed. A very good add ...more
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Shelves: arc, ecopy
The Fortuneteller's Folly by Wynter Daniels

A Kindle world story from Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls where the small town celebrates Halloween every day so the residents can live openly.
This story features a healer and a fortune teller, a curse and a deadly spell.

This novella is charming. No pun intended. The heroine wants to move forward in life, but is afraid because of the curse that is sure to end her life within the next year. She changes her mind a couple of times about pursuing the relat
Barbara
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first trip to Nocturnal Falls in Wynter Daniel's book The Fortuneteller's Folly. Nocturnal Falls Series, created by Kristen Painter, has started a new universe with guest writers, like Wynter, to bring more new an exciting adventures. Nocturnal Falls, where Halloween is celebrated 365 days a year, being a town mainly inhabited by supernaturals, it is a given. Darcy Kumar, with the supernatural gift of fortunetelling, passed down to her from the female descendants of her family, is als ...more
Anna Salamatin
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Nocturne Falls it's always Halloween. At least that's what the tourists believe. They don't know this universe of Supernatural characters are quite real... for instance, at the Hair Scar Salon you can have your fortune told while getting your nails done by Darcy Kumar. It's here that she first meets the very sexy fireman Aiden Becker who brings his Grandmother in to get her hair done. He's also a Kachina healer. Darcy and Aiden each have their own pressures to deal with. Aiden's has to do wit ...more
Myriam
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kristen-painter
This story is about Darcy Kumar, a fortuneteller who is cursed to die young, and Aiden Becker, a Kachina healer. The whole idea and the story are pretty good and interesting. Due to the nature of the curse and some added problems, this story contains more suspense than the other stories, which was quite nice.
However, there are some fundamental problems in this story. First of all, the writing is not as smooth and fabulous as I expected and the characters are not as strong, independent and lovabl
Kateointo
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved that the heroine is a different kind of beauty that introduces ethnic diversity in the Nocturne Falls Universe. Without giving away too much, I also loved that distinctions made between curses, spells, hexes, witches, sorcerers etc.. and the introduction of a new kind of paranormal, a Kachina healer. The questions it brings up about submitting vs. fighting your supposed destiny are intriguing, the romance is spicier than the canonical Kristen Painter romances, and the writing is more sop ...more
Hsu Lee
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a complementary copy by the author / publisher, but this in no way influenced my thoughts of opinions
The Fortuneteller's Folly
Darcy was certain that her family curse will kill her.
That is what she thought we started to have little accidents.
Aiden was smitten w/ Darcy.
He was not going to give up Darcy w/o a fight.
However, was the curse trying to kill Darcy or what there something else?
With help of their friends, they were able to figure it out that someone was using magic against
Betty
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've only read one story so far and that's The Fortuneteller's Folley by Wynter Daniels.
Darcy Kumar is a cursed Palm Reader and has moved to Nocturne Falls (a town of humans & supernaturals). She's attracted to Aiden Reed, who is an EMT and the last of the Kachina Healers. Because of the curse she doesn't want to get involved with him and have him hurt. However, Aiden isn't giving up so easily!

Loved this story which has mystery, suspense, romance and a twist I wasn't expecting!! I'm a fan of
Gia
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It's a very quick read that follows the series well. Nice surprise twist at the end.
Heather Beyer
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved this story! It's a great addition to the NFU, and the characters are just awesome!

I loved how we met new paranormal beings and how the villain was unexpected. Very unpredictable. Definitely left me wanting more from this author!
Amanda
Shelves: girly
To be honest I was a little Leary of the universe books. This was my first one and it made me excited for them. The author kept the spirit alive while adding a new level of her own. It was fun and quirky and adorable and leaves you wanting more!
Lauren
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a Nocturnes Falls universe book. Following Darcy a fortuneteller and Mal a healer. I really enjoyed this book and loved the characters. Sweet fun story - great addition to the Nocturne Falls universe!
Tomika Campisi
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a great short story although it wasn't as detailed as the usual Nocturne Falls stories are - It did have romance with a twist and was great to read!
Chela
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Chela by: The author!
My apologies to the author Forgot to place on shelf Have not finished! But loving it !
Lisa Guertin
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great addition to the Nocturne Falls world. Darcy is such a brave character and is far more patient with people when they don't believe her about her curse. Aiden is a hot fireman and the perfect match for Darcy. It's always a pleasure to visit Nocturne Falls and catch up with old friends. Wynter Daniels did a wonderful job writing in this world.
Sheryl
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and the characters of Darcy and Aiden.

I am voluntarily leaving my honest review of this book. This is part of the Nocturne Falls Universe series by several authors.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Wynter Daniels has penned more than two dozen books in various romance genres including paranormal, romantic suspense and contemporary for several publishers including Entangled Publishing and Carina Press. She lives in sunny Florida with her family and a spoiled cat. Find her at www.WynterDaniels.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wynter...
or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Wynt
More about Wynter Daniels

Nocturne Falls Universe (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Close Encounters of the Alien Kind (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Invasion of the Alien Snatchers  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be