Start by marking “No Chance Meeting (No Chance Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Chance Meeting (No Chance Love, #1)

No Chance Meeting

(No Chance Love #1)

Alex Jennings is done with life. After losing her brother in Afghanistan, everything has collapsed around her. Getting laid off from her day job and failing in her art career, she has nowhere left to turn. She once had faith to believe that all things would work together for good, but that faith died with her brother. Now she just wants the pain to end.

Riley Conrad served
Published February 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about No Chance Meeting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Chance Meeting

Start your review of No Chance Meeting (No Chance Love, #1)
Tricia Mingerink
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I normally dont read contemporary Christian romance. It just isnt my thing. But this author's fantasy stories under her other pen name are some of my favorite books, so I decided to take a chance on reading her books under her contemporary pen name.

Im glad I did! I loved this book so much and couldnt put it down. I loved all the details, from a main guy who drives an old truck to the main girls intense soul-searching.

This is not just a fluffy, feel-good romance. It deals with deep topics, from
Lilian
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty solid book! Really enjoyed this one--reminds me a lot of Faith Potts' books. ;) RTC.

No Chance Meeting is easily one of my favorite books Ive ever read. To be honest, I was expecting an incredible book because Ive read other books from Jaye and absolutely loved them, but as this book was from a completely different genre I really wasnt sure what to expect. However, Jaye completely knocked it out of the park and astounded me with how vivid and heartfelt the story was.

From the start we
Faith
Let me start off by saying that I've been wanting to read this book for ever so long. Given that, along with the fact the book deals with suicide and depression and there's numerous Marine references, I expected to love it. Buutttt I didn't. Now I'm trying to figure out why. :P

For the most part, it's a slower story. There's no massive happenings occurring throughout the story, other than an unexpected twist here and there (the one beyond the 85% mark, now that's something I didn't see coming). A
Alyssa
So one of my favorite Fantasy authors wrote a Contemporary novel!

But I'm pretty dang excited about it!

Abigail Harris
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I knew I had to read this the instant I heard about it A veteran, a grieving sister, and a "chance" but not really a "chance" meeting. You know, the perfect romance, to me. I love military books, military romances, and Christian military fiction, each of which could describe No Chance Meeting, this was truly a wonderful book.
With veteran suicides being the highest it ever has been I have been glad to see authors bring attention to the fact that so many soldiers need help yet when it is show in
Carole Jarvis
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2w9eMhw

No Chance Meeting by Jaye Elliot is a character-driven romance with realistically flawed characters and strong spiritual themes. Im a firm believer in the way God is always working behind the scenes, leaving nothing to chance, so the title is especially meaningful. Its refreshing to see a Christian fiction book where God is actually the main character.

Riley and Alex are sympathetic and relatable lead characters. Theyre far from perfect and
Leah Good
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Summary of No Chance Meeting
Alex has been a different person since she lost her brother to the war in Afghanistan. Somewhere along the way, her relationship with God grew cold, and she cant find anything that makes life worth living. The weariness almost causes her to do the unthinkable, but God has other plans.

Just before Alex follows through with a plan to end her life, she meets Riley Conrad. He seems to sense something is wrong, and his invitation to breakfast saves her life. When he turns
Abigail
This is a really hard review for me to write because I loved many aspects of this book but I felt it lacking and I had a hard time connecting to the story as a whole. The characters were amazing and Ms. Elliot did a phenomenal job with the topic of suicide.

The characters were realistic and just sweethearts. I loved watching them grow and mature throughout the book and Riley was a huge cinnamon roll of an ex-marine. He was so sweet and was one of the more unique male protagonists that I have
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I enjoyed the characters and plot but the writing style just wasn't for me. Too many details of mundane daily life things that weren't pertinent and just slowed the story down waaaay too much for me. I can see others enjoying the book just fine.

(I received a complimentary copy of the book; all opinions expressed in this review are my own)
S.G. Willoughby
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
*happy sigh* That was good.

To be honest, it took me a little bit to get into it, and I was kind of disappointed. Jaye is such a talented writer, but I felt like this wasn't up to her normal standards. I struggled to feel any emotional attachment in the beginning, and when the characters were in danger, I didn't really care. When they were happy and everything was fine, it felt like everything was fixed too fast. And it wasn't that I'm a Fantasy fan and don't like a good clean romance -- I do
Suzie Waltner
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
While No Chance Meeting is a slow, meandering read with a lot of daily minutiae and internal pondering, it plumbs emotional depths.

Jaye Elliotts debut focuses on two people who are doing their best to move forward with life. While Alex is smothered by grief and darkness, meeting Riley leads her to open up with him and with the other important people in her life. Riley is a support for Alex but is by no means perfect. Hes made mistakes he regrets and has some broken relationships scattered in the
Claire Banschbach
Overall enjoyed it, though contemporary romance is not my usual genre, gave it a chance because I love Jaye's writing. Cute story, but felt a bit choppy in places, and didn't read as well/feel as developed as her other books (though is likely due to the difference in genre!). I liked the characters and Riley was so sweet!! Recommended for anyone who enjoys Christian contemporary romance!
Raechel
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
RTC!
Sarah Elizabeth
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was provided an ARC copy by the author in exchange for my honest review.

{The Basics}
Sooooo. One of my favorite authors, also known as Jaye L. Knight of the Ilyon Chronicles, has written her first contemporary novel! and I had the chance (no pun intended...) to read an advanced copy!!

This was such a sweet, moving, and real-life story---definitely an easy read with some TWISTS. I adored Riley, and Alex was my kinda country, born-n'-bred, farm girl with a penchant for art. Her parents were
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie-books
I've read and enjoyed many books that this author has written, from early ones to Ilyon Chronicles, so I was excited to see another story!! This is not the normal kind of book I read much of, but I was very impressed, especially considering this is the first attempt made at this genre. (I guess at least the first attempt she's published. There could be other stories, who knows). Oh yeah, and I may or may not have stayed up until almost 11 pm reading last night ;)

I LOVED THE CHARACTERS!!!! Alex,
Hanne T
TW: suicide, depression/anxiety
This was a really adorable book! I haven't read anything by Jaye, although I've heard lots of good things about her fantasy series, so when I saw No Chance Meeting, her first contemporary, I was super excited to read it and check it out!

This book was very sweet!! I loved Alex and Riley: they are absolutely meant for each other, and I LOOOOOOOOVED reading their story. The side characters are also amazing--Zach and Mindy, the parents, Luke--each of them was distinct
Alyssa
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: got-for-a-review
So it's no secret that over the past couple years I've come to the realization that I love contemporaries. Of course, having already read most of Jaye's fantasy books (published under Jaye L Knight) and loving them to pieces, I was ecstatic to get the opportunity to start and read No Chance Meeting. And I wasn't disappointed!

First off, the characters are all amazing. Each of them are realistic and believable (leaning pretty heavily on the "sweet"/conservative side, but still) and likeable. Alex
Michelle Bruhn
I received an ARC copy of this book but was not required to leave a positive review. My thoughts are entirely my own and provided honestly. Im also going to preface this with the fact that I dont typically read romance novels. Love me some romantic side-plot, not so much main plot, BUT I also love Jaye Elliots series The Ilyon Chronicles (under the name Jaye L. Knight), so I was very interested in reading another of her books.

This book is very slice-of-lifewalking through Riley and Alexs
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
What an outstanding and feel-good-in-the-end book! Two characters, both living a life other than what they had planned, both struggling emotionally. One who's lost her job and a loved one, one who's been a Marine and done multiple tours of duty in Afghanistan. Both hurting yet meet by 'chance'. Jaye Elliot did a fantastic job of setting up the perfect story then setting it on it's up and down trajectory. Alex and Riley are so loveable and they move the plot along rather than the plot moving ...more
Naomi
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No Chance Meeting by Jaye Elliot was one of those contemporary romances that you just cant put down! I think this is the first Ive ever read intentionally, and I found that I really enjoyed! Im more of an action reader usually, but the military aspect and connecting deeply with Alex practically entranced me. I have a loyal love for our military, and Jaye did a beautiful job of portraying different perspectives and feelings on that. I wont give away any spoilers, but I have to rave a little more ...more
Priscilla Krahn
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
No Chance Meeting was a very well written contemporary romance about a struggling artist, and a war vet. While the book dealt with some heavy topics, such as suicide, and relationships, it was very well done, and I found myself unable to put it down. Jaye Elliot captured the true feelings of depression and doubts, as well as the path leading out. The reason I rated it with a 4 star, instead of a 5 star is because of a few items of questionable content such as the fact that the main characters ...more
LeeJay Mulvaney
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Godly Love story

This was one of my most favourite books to date. Not only was the plot well written and developed exceptionally, this author chose to write a God-centred love story, which is rare to find! It was so encouraging and edifying to read a romance book that glorifies the most important relationship of all, the one between the individual and their Saviour. Thank you for such a wonderful read !
Janice Sisemore
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No chance meeting

I loved Alexs and Rileys story. Alex had a lot to overcome with her brothers death. When she meets Riley everything changes for her. He is her knight in shining armor.

This Is a new author to me. I really enjoyed her writing. I loved how Alex and Riley was so supportive of each other. I plan on reading more by the author.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from Prism book tours. This book review is my own opinion.
Lauren
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
I felt like I just finished reading a Hallmark movie. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was an okay kind of book. I didn't like ANY of the characters, which for me is an issue. Like I said it literally felt like I sat down and watched a Hallmark movie that lasted longer than an hour and a half.
Holly
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Contemporary is my favourite genre, so I was pretty excited about this book.

So first off some minor criticisms.

I did find the book fairly slow moving - it followed the characters day-to-day lives, rather than having a solid overarching plot or storyline. I wouldnt say there was a consistent antagonist either. There was an overarching theme or message, but I wouldnt say there was a plot.

Riley seemed a bit too perfect at the beginning, but as the story progressed we saw his more human side. I
Lizzy
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
RTC
Linda Aldridge
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Very moving and deep too. Dear author, please write another one real soon!
Sarah Grace Grzy
Feb 24, 2020
Morgan
Sep 14, 2018

• Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Moments We Forget (Thatcher Sisters #2)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • Emberhawk
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • A Royal Masquerade  (The Tales of Ambia #2)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • The Matchmaker’s Rogue (Grace-By-The-Sea Book 1)
  • Regal Hearts: Season Two
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #4)
  • Meant for Her
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • The Printed Letter Bookshop
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • Smoke Screen
  • A Bound Heart
Jaye Elliot is an award-winning author, country girl, and hopeless romantic at heart. She loves a good hero and will always sigh happily during the lights scene on Tangled. She writes from her home in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, which she shares with three cats she considers her kids. When not writing romance novels, she pens fantasy and adventure stories as Jaye L. Knight.

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....