Start by marking “Ferret” as Want to Read:
Ferret

Ferret

(The Ferret Books #1)

—Honored 5 Stars by Readers' Favorite—

Pia Wade’s life is a book with torn-out pages, she sees things no one else can, and she has weird dreams. It all started four years ago when she mysteriously vanished in the night. One problem though, she has no memory of the incident whatsoever, yet claims she was kidnapped.

But as Pia embarks on a trip back to where her nightmare bega

To ask other readers questions about Ferret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ferret

Melissa Carson
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic end to the first installment of The Ferret Books, leaving you to rely on your imagination to fill in the blanks on some things, because you really don’t know what happened. It kind of reminds you of the movie The Happening. Except with Ferret, you can expect the mystery solved in the upcoming book—which I can’t wait to get my hands on!

With awesome characters, great writing, suspenseful mystery and delicate romance, Ferret is entertaining and has something that will appeal to al
Brene W.
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ferret is unique, fresh and I applaud CC for her exceptional ability of animation. I mean, it's like you're watching the characters and the entire scene instead of reading it. The story really comes alive on page and I Just loved the mystery and suspense from beginning to end. Lights, camera, action tells you where I would like to see this book go.

Ashley
Rating: 1/5
(I received a free copy from the publisher, Me Myself Publishing, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.)
***Minor spoilers***

Several years ago, Pia had a strange experience. All she remembers of that night is going to sleep, but it seemed as though she disappeared off the face of the earth for days. A police manhunt was sent out for her, and missing posters were put up everywhere. After, though, she suddenly appeared with no apparent memory of what happened, and now seeing st
Becky Zales
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booktasters
Ferret is an exciting young adult book by C.C. Wyatt that had me hooked from the start. This story is about Pia a high school student trying to understand her disappearance from four years ago. Pia has no recollection of where she was and how she left home. Since that night Pia has struggled with anxiety attacks and visions about a mysterious island in the Bermuda Triangle. During her trip to Florida for spring break Pia meets Cameron and they instantly have a strange connection. Pia’s only goal ...more
Jae Park
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book from Goodreads Giveaways, thanks!

This book is the story of Pia Wade. Pia had been through a weird situation in which she disappeared one night from their vacation home, and then was found on the beach 16 hours later. She couldn't remember what happened or how she got there. Since then, she has seen things that other people can't see and has been told by doctors that they are illusions or hallucinations.

Pia and her parents finally go back to the vacation hous
Kerstin Vollbrecht
Ferret is a wonderful book about a teenage girl, Pia, that is trying tho decipher the mystery that started years ago with her strange disappearing from her parents' vacation house, event of which she doesn't remember anything. After years, she and her family return and other strange things happen, and they seem to be connected to a boy called Cameron, who, just like her, has unexplainable dreams and visions.
It's a a beautiful story, very profound in order to get close to the solution why those t
Wolf London
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars for originality within the teen genre where it's so difficult to break from the common mold. The character development may seem hard to follow at first, until you think about how inexplicable human relationships really are sometimes, especially under special 'fateful' circumstances. The author magically reminds us to follow our truest selves, perhaps especially when it seems uncomfortable or inconvenient. Wyatt's excellent first novel shows the potential importance of a single human's ...more
C.C. Wyatt
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: To all multi-genre enthusiasts
Masterly woven with the finest fibers of mystery, glittered with romance and a hint of fantasy, Ferret is hailed a page-turner to the very last page and will leave you wanting more.

Ferret (The Ferret Books, #1) by C.C. Wyatt Ferret (The Ferret Books, 1) by C.C. Wyatt Perseaus
Lisa
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ferret is...

... Superbly original by a new author who deserves recognition
... Literature for the genres
... Writing so alluring that it comes alive
... Really, and I mean really, in a class of it's own
... Idea for teens and up

And I highly recommend it. Enough said.
Today We Did
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Today We Did
It has been four years since Pia’s life was transformed by a sixteen hour disappearance from her Florida holiday home. She has no recollection of any part of those hours, but believes that she must have been kidnapped. Pia is plagued by anxiety, crippling panic attacks and hallucinatory visions. Her parents believe it is all in her head, but Pia isn’t so sure. When Pia returns to Florida she attempts to unravel some of the mystery surrounding her disappearance. She also hopes to inve
Nicki
May 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
An Honest Review of ‘Ferret’ by C.C. Wyatt

I received a copy of Ferret from C.C. Wyatt through @Booktasters in exchange for an honest view.

1 out of 5. It might seem harsh, I just couldn’t reason with myself why it deserved more, but hear me out.

Strip it down and Ferret has the potential to be a great read, the general premise of the book is original and sounds fascinating if you love a bit of Science Fiction (confession: I do). Pia is a teenage girl who had her life turned upside down four years
Kenn Anderson
Interesting book. Pia disappeared on her previous trip to the coast with no memory. She sees things that are not there and has had a lot of therapy to reduce her episodes. Coming back to the beach house started the episodes again. After meeting Cameron she finds someone who can understand what whe is going through.

The dialog was a bit drawn out but the story-line proved to be engaging. It is a good start to a series and should appeal to the teenage reader.
Kathy Heare Watts
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this book during a Goodreads giveaway. I am under no obligation to leave a review or rating and do so voluntarily. So that others may also enjoy this book, I am paying it forward by donating it a local library.
J.
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it or hate it. But the few minor errors throughout this book do not discredit it from being well written. Because that, it is.

Reading good fiction shouldn’t be torturous. So why waste your time with any book if it is?

Here's my evaluation of Ferret:

Very well written: 5
Voice and writing style: 5
Character Appeal and Development: 4
Plot, Organization, and Pacing: 5
Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar: 4
bookSmith
The plot and setting of Ferret is interesting, but I read an e-advanced reader copy and had issues with the writing style and errors that could be reduced with increased editing. The plot is mysterious, years after a brief disappearance leaves a blank spot in her memory, Pia Wade goes back to where it all began. I kept reading because want to know what happened to Pia and am curious about her connection to Cameron (the only one who understands her). However, the language in the novel did not see ...more
Deborah
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
While drudging through my school books I received an offer to review this book, tired of textbooks I seized the opportunity to read something else even though it was a genre that is not at the top of my reading list. To be honest, I went into this review not really expecting to like the book, how quickly that feeling changed. Only pages in I was hooked.

C.C. Wyatt is one of the most talented writer's I've read in a long while. Her writing style is one that I haven't seen in years - details so ric
Roxaz
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Ferret" centers around Pia, a teenage girl that disappeared off the face of the earth for 16 hours and doesn't have a clue why or what happened in that time. She then starts having nightmares and seeing things that only she can see but still tries her best to live a normal life having fun and meeting new people, especially a young man named Cameron with whom she has a lot of chemistry and who appears to have experienced similar "hallucinations" as Pia's.
The characters seem genuine from the ways
Rachel
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I got this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
The ending was the best part. But, it was an interesting story, so I might read the next book(s).
Genna Reads
Evelyn Murray
Joann TRAVIS
Bacsa
Nov 24, 2015
  • Jubilee Year (Erelong, #1)
  • The Thirteenth Hour
  • Bevor ich falle
  • Out of the Ashes (Chicago Fire #1)
  • Im Frühling sterben
  • Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something: The Incredible Power of Intercessory Prayer
  • Die Verborgenen (Schattenblüte, #1)
  • Spiel der Vergangenheit (Die Zeitrausch-Trilogie, #1)
  • Goodnight Eleanor
  • Emily Lives Loudly
  • Kastelau
  • Das Flüstern der Zeit (Zeitlos-Trilogie, #1)
  • Hexenfluch
  • Sand der Zeit (Wanderer #1)
  • With All My Heart Romance Collection: Five Novellas of Living Love to the Fullest
  • Jonah
  • Drüberleben: Depressionen sind doch kein Grund, traurig zu sein
  • Sternenschimmer (Sternenschimmer, #1)
Biography
CC is a consultant, has a degree in business, but her role as a writer resonates who she is.

She is meticulous at stringing words together, specifically designed to entertain in a unique way. Performing magic on paper is what she calls it, and oftentimes she finds a goldmine in watching movies to perform such magic.

Unlike most authors, her joy of reading came later in life. When it did,

The Ferret Books (2 books)
  • Perseaus (The Ferret Books 2)
“First came the birds, flowers and trees.
You know the drill.
Now I dedicate this to you, my dear.”
2 likes