Start by marking “Destiny Plays (Santini #2)” as Want to Read:
Destiny Plays (Santini #2)

Destiny Plays

(Santini #2)

Destiny Plays with the routined life of burned out attorney Christos Santini and the untethered one of Shakespearean actress Kate Cornell.
On a dark deserted road, one Halloween night, he rescues the beautiful woman disguised as a witch.
One party, one game, one kiss.
“Come close”, fate calls.

*While this is part of The Santini Series each can be
Published November 15th 2017 (first published November 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Destiny Plays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny Plays

Start your review of Destiny Plays (Santini #2)
Shannon
3.5*

Destiny Plays, book two in the Santini bothers' series, is a sweet and sexy story. Christos and Kate meet by chance one rainy Halloween night and find there's an immediate and inexplicable connection. But they live such opposite lives- he's an established lawyer in his home state of California and she's a veteran actress with a well respected career of her own that takes her from coast to coast. Is there any way these two such different people can possibly make things work?
book bruin
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Destiny Plays brings us back to St. Helena and to the wonderful Santini family! This novella was fun and sexy, but also had plenty of swoons. Though this is book 2 in the St. Helena's Vineyard Kindle Worlds Santini series, it can be read as a standalone.

A rainy Halloween night brings attorney, Christos Santini, and actress, Kate Cornell, together and the sparks (and claws) fly! I love that our hero and heroine are both a bit older and more mature than the typical couples seen in romance b
Melissa
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I really enjoyed this story. Christos and Kate are both sweet and loving characters. Christos is a former manwhore who liked younger women and thank goodness there is not much talk of his past. I am glad that Kate was a little older and was not a celibate woman, it is nice to read about a woman who hasn’t spent her life being chaste. I was a little disappointed that there was so much pressure for Kate to give up her career for Christos. It would be nice for once to see the man sacrifice
Susan
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with the Santinis in Destiny Laughs, a novella that was a part of the St. Helena Kindle Worlds series, and was quite anxious to get more of the loud and vibrant Greek/Italian family. As an Italian myself, I could so identify with this family! And getting to know Cristos and the other siblings a little more in this novella proved how lovable this family is.

Cristos is a hard-working, yet somewhat unfulfilled lawyer who encounters Kate on the side of the road while he was on his way
Jamee
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Back to St. Helena...while I didn’t connect with the main female character, Kate, I definitely connected with Christos! He is Nash’s brother from Leslie’s other book that has released in this series...he is definitely swoon-worthy. I loved revisiting with the family and catching up them. The part when you first meet the cat is hilarious! I could total visualize it happening in my head. Overall, I enjoyed the novella and look forward to more from the author.
Heather
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella has both cursing and on-page sex in it. If that will cause you to leave a bad review, you should skip this one.

Even though this is the second Santini book and part of the St. Helena “world”, you do not have to have read the original series nor Destiny Laughs to enjoy this one. You really should read Destiny Laughs because it is fabulous and it makes the Nash/Max/Farrah stuff really special, but it is not required – this story absolutely stands alone.

I adored the meet-cu
Liz
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Destiny Plays by Leslie Pike. In this story, Leslie takes us back to St. Helena and the Santini family. I loved this family in Destiny Laughs and it was so much fun to catch up with them again. This time we get Christos Santini’s story.

On a rainy Halloween night…yep, that is how it starts! Anyway, on a rainy Halloween night, prim and proper attorney, Christos, is heading to St. Helena to see his family. He is reflecting on his life when he unexpectedly stumbles upon on a very wet woman,
Becca
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christos is the oldest of the Santini Brothers. A lawyer who doesn't have time for love. He's too busy with his career and so the occasional one night here or there is good enough for him.

On his way to his parents for the weekend, he picks up an unusual, stranded woman, dressed as a witch. Well, it is Halloween, so I guess it's not too unusual. But even under all the makeup and wet soggy wig and clothing, something sparks an interest in Christos.

Kate is on a break from her touring S
Fee96
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want to give ALL THE STARS! Christos and Kate are so delicious and real.

I love everything Santini. Destiny Laughs was one of my absolute favorites - but now Destiny Plays holds the coveted spot!

Kate is a Shakespearean actress. Christos is a family attorney. When they meet - I could feel the pull between these two. There is just something special immediately. Their story completely consumed me. From their immediate chemistry to the crazy cat. Everything felt so right and relatable.
Jennifer Kreinbring
::Sigh:: What can I say about a guy who's kind of an a**hole, but turns into a big melted pile of goo when the right woman comes along. Christos Santini "Well if that isn't the sexiest name on the planet" Indeed Kate, indeed. I loved how these two met, were super observant of every little detail about each other but didn't show it. They were able to explore and find things out about each other without even saying a word. that speaks volumes :) I loved this sweet story! the 2nd brother in the San ...more
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Another hot Santini brother to make you swoon. This is the second book in the Santini series and it takes us back to St. Helena. We revisit characters from the previous book that made us laugh and remember what family is all about.

Christos is a mature man of 40 who knows what he wants and fights to get it, but as always there is something in the way. In this case, it was Kate's career and he couldn't fight against that.

There were so many hilarious moments, like their firs
Elizabeth
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eram, arc
This was a really fun and quick visit to St Helena and the Santini family.
Cristos and Kate are both "mature" characters who have been focused on their respective careers (Divorce lawyer for him, Shakespearean actress for her) when chance and a broken down car bring them together.
It was nice to see characters that are a bit older (40) at a natural crossroads in life and having them be able to connect with a special someone and see what happens next. As a novella length work, we didn't get a dee
Tamara
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second story in the series but can be read as a standalone. I'm seriously loving this series and the Santini family! This book focuses on the older brother in Christos. He's a serious lawyer that has focused his life so far on work but has found it lacking. When he rescues a damsel in distress he finds not only his bad mood, but his life taking an unexpected turn. Kate is an older Shakespearean actress at the top of her career, but like Christos, finds something is missing. The connection betwee ...more
Mona
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving
Santini Series Book 2

Stole my breathe away at times, but made me laugh so much.
Christos didn't know what to expect when he helped the drenched witch on the side of the road. But to find out shes hiding a cat under her dress well It’s just hysterical.

When Kate came to St. Helena for a production she was staring in it was only temporary. The night she met Christos was the night her aunt was having her big Halloween party. He brought her there after her car honked out on her. Something happen
Angie Flanagan
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I loved Kate and Christos' story a lot. I loved this story so much, and the storyline of how they met and everything that happened!

Kate and Christos met on a rainy night near Halloween. Kate's car broke down, and Christos was driving and seen her walking on the side of the road in her costume.
They are the funniest of the 3 couples in this series. I laughed so hard when the cat attacked Christos in the car LOL!!!
Kate is an actress, and needs to get back to work, but now she's met Christos
Misti Sonntag
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Santini brother we get to read about. Christos is one of the older Santini brothers and the lawyer. He picks Kate, the actress, up off the side of the road looking anything but attractive. These two are the same and yet the opposite at the same time it's crazy. They have such good chemistry despite their differences. Kate has a big decision she has to make that could be the start of something beautiful but could also be the end of something she has relied on for a long time.
I
Cat
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Love this series of books by Leslie Pike.
A short read Leslie packs alot of punch in just 13 chapters.. You don't recognise that it is only a short book Because the whole story just captivates you from beginning to end. I absolutely love getting to know these characters and delving into their world. It mesmories you and I for one couldn't put it down until I had ingested every word.
This is an exceptionally glorious read. Sexy, funny, Romantic and Beautifully scripted. What more could you
Amy Leibenguth
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet! Christos and Kate meet on a rainy Halloween night when Kate's car breaks down. She invites Christos to stay at the party she is going to. It's a night that leads to some instant sparks between these two. Kate brings Christos out of his seclusion and he helps her to find more than what she had as a Shakespearian actress. The challenge is , what can she do? You must read to find out! The characters were great and I loved how the story developed. Can't wait to see what else ...more
Lary Alvarez
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soo beatiful!!❤❤❤

The first thing I want to said is: Leslie Pike have a gift!! I love all yours books, how you can transport me in the book's world I can feel and see the sceneries, everthing.
Christos and Kate , they are so beatiful, I love they are no so young , in a bad and sad moments in their lives, feeling alone without this passion on life only living , existing, but no really living.
This family is amaizin I lo ove them so much , they are so warm, made the life of everyone's happy.<
kgagnon
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this fun, emotional, and charming story. Christos Santini is going home to St. Helena, when he picks up a stranded sexy woman walking in the rain. They are both unsatisfied with their lives but not really sure how to fix it. But after a surprisingly fun evening between two strangers, they begin to see the possibilities of a connection of a lifetime. This story was fast but packed with fun banter, sweet family connections, a grumpy cat, and fiery hot passion. It also had the perf ...more
Tricia Goyette
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another magical trip back to St Helena, we first were introduced to Nash Santini in Destiny Laughs and whoa was he swoony.....well in the episode you get introduced to lawyer playboy Christos Santini and boy is he swoonier! A chance meeting on the side of the road when he picks up Shakespearean actress Kate changes both of their lives. Absolutely loved this story from beginning to end....so many feelings! Leslie's descriptions are so fantastic you feel them with the characters. I cannot wait for ...more
Amber Boyd
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for this sweet, lovely story in the St. Helen World. Christos Santini is successful but completely unsatisfied. Meeting Kate on Halloween changes everything for him. I loved the chemistry between the characters, the easy camaraderie from the start and the fact that they were as content to talk and share as they were hot for one another. I loved the inclusion of all the Santinis, plus great music and Shakespeare. A totally enjoyable addition to my Leslie Pike collection! Bring on more S ...more
Virginia
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Destiny Plays is the second novella in this series. This is Christo and Kate’s story. Christo is Nash’s brother. They meet under less than normal circumstances, but they have such a great connection.

Like the first book, it’s sweet and sexy and a fun read. However, these characters are a bit older, which I really enjoyed. I really was happy to see Nash in this book as well.

Well written and well-developed characters make this a book you won’t want to put down!

An arc was pr
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kate and Christos story was short and sweet. This is a novella with great writing that tells a great story in not so many words. There was heat and all of the emotions. It was a good quick read. I love Christos family and I was so glad to reconnect with them. I fell in love with the family in Destiny Laughs. I loved that both Christos and Kate were in their 40's and finally finding the love that lasts a lifetime!

The story was well told in this novella, but I'd love some full stories
Alicia Harrietha
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Destiny Plays by Leslie Pike is another wonderfully sweet and romantic novella in the Santini series. Christos and Kate meet by chance one rainy Halloween night and the events of that crazy night led to many more funny yet sweet events to come. The humour in this story is contagious and the chemistry between the two as well as the colourful Santini family and Kate’s Auntie, make this story a feel good one made up of many wonderful moments.
Krisz
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
Such a lovely read by Leslie Pike.
This story was short and sweet and full of love. I loved the dinamics in the Santini family. They shared so much love for each other. I especially liked the wedding and Thanksgiving scenes. Both were so nicely written I even shed a few tears. I also loved that the characters were in their forties. It was refreshing to read about well matured confident people instead of young adult angst.
The story was very well written the characters were well crafted.
Wendy Sanchez
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This is a series that I would recommend to anyone who loves romance and short stories. This is another book from the St. Helena Vineyard series and totally worth the time. I fell in love with Christos and Kate right away could not put this down, it was happy & sad but just a wonderful romance. If you haven't read the first in the Santini series I recommend that you do you will fall in love with this family. I look forward to reading other books by this author and her next Santini book ...more
Lara Petterson
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved going back to St. Helena with The Santini's especially when I get to see Nash ( Destiny Laughs ). In this sweet novella you get Christos the lawyer who is fed up with the hustle and bustle so he takes a trip home and meets Kate under some scary circumstances. Ha Ha .. Just kidding its Halloween when he picks her up after her car breaking down. Mature characters are nice to read about and gave me all the feels of being in this world with them.
Francine Caleca
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with the Santini family!! I thought Nash was the sexy heartthrob but along comes Christos. This is another great novella by Leslie Pike and I want more about this family. I loved that both characters weren't twenty somethings but were actually forty somethings who finally find love which they both deserve. But come on.....that Santini family?? Every scene makes you want to know them, be their neighbors or be a family member. ❤ ...more
Haddie
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best proposal ever!

Yeah, my review title is a major spoiler, but honestly I would cry for joy if a man used 'Romeo & Juliet' to propose to me. I LOVE the Santinis. First book was amazing and I cannot believe I didn't notice the cat in the cover, LOL! Very relevant to the plot. Loved it.

• Rock F*ck Club
  • Bare Ass in Love (Hard, Fast, and Forever, #1)
  • Hard Ass in Love (Hard, Fast, and Forever Book 2)
  • Gruff Ass in Love (Hard, Fast, and Forever, #3)
  • Bet Me Then Beg Me
  • Path of the Dark (Light and Darkness, #3)
  • The Lost Swallow (Light and Darkness #2)
  • Ruled by Shadows (Light and Darkness #1)
  • A Change of Pace (Northern Lights, #3)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Portland Devils, #1)
  • A Change in Tide (Northern Lights, #1)
  • Dirty Words (The Dirty Series, #4)
  • Taming Avery (Club Ménage, #2)
  • Claiming Fifi (Club Ménage, #1)
  • The Fire of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #4)
  • The Blaze of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #5)
  • Curvy Attraction: Aiden & Cecelia (Untouchable Curves, #1)
  • The Glow of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #0.5)

Santini (4 books)
  • Destiny Laughs (Santini #1)
  • Destiny Shines (Santini #3)
  • Destiny Dawns (Santini #4)