Start by marking “Rescuing Bryn (Delta Force Heroes #6)” as Want to Read:
Rescuing Bryn (Delta Force Heroes #6)

Rescuing Bryn (Delta Force Heroes #6)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  1,356 Ratings  ·  194 Reviews
When you’re a Delta Force soldier, you see a lot. Often too much. But nothing can ever prepare you to see your entire team die before your eyes…

The loss of his Delta brothers—and his arm—has Dane “Fish” Munroe still struggling months later. He’s moved to Idaho, where an isolated lifestyle is making things worse, not better. Not that there’s anyone left to care.

Actually,
Published October 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rescuing Bryn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescuing Bryn

♡Tonya♡
Another Susan Stoker hit!

I am always pleased after reading a Susan Stoker book. The heroes are alpha, the heroines aren't (but they are strong and not pushovers) and you get a glimpse here and there of some of the previous heroes.

Dane was amazing. He had been through so much having lost his arm in an attack. He was discharged and sent home, but like so many other service men/women it stayed with him. He suffered from PTSD which made everyday social interactions next to impossible. He was jumpy
Adriana Locke
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my kind of book!

I opened this with the idea that I would get a taste of it and circle back around. The next time I looked up it was hours later and I was lamenting the fact that it was over.

The characters are superbly written, the plot engaging and exciting. It's like taking a trip with old friends that you just met a few minutes before. Weird, I know. But you follow me. Ha!

Stoker displays a knack for the best kind of stories, ones that will leave you with a smile for days. Sweet, sexy,
SB*needs low angst books*
Dane "Fish" Murphy is the only survivor of bombing that has just taken out his whole team. He is found by a "Truck" and his Delta team. He is saved but loses part of his arm in the process. He is now a retired veteran that has stayed close and become friends with Truck and the rest of the team. He is better but still suffering PTSD that makes him feel uncomfortable around crowds and a few other triggers which is why he has moved to a small town in Idaho. While at the store he finally notices the ...more
Jacqueline
Totally enjoyed this book. I read so much that I really appreciate when authors make their characters unusual. The heroine here was a genius with poor social skills. Perhaps she was on the aspergers scale somewhere. Anyway she was enjoyable to read about. The hero was a good guy struggling to adjust to losing an arm in the middle east somewhere. Their relationship was sweet and fun to read. The only thing that bothered me was the amount of times that someone had someone else's back. I hate that ...more
Kahea
***5 ‘I Love Your Weird’ Stars***

I adored Bryn and Dane and can honestly say that Rescuing Bryn is my favorite Susan Stoker book to date. I loved getting to know Bryn and Dane and watching as their relationship evolved from strangers to so much more. It had it’s heartbreaking moments, but it was overall a sweet, swoony and fun read with lots of heart.

Dane aka Fish peaked my interest from the first time I met him. He’s still working through the loss of his team, his hand and learning to live as
Miranda
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mobi-files, favorites
I received an advanced reader copy in exchange for my honest review....
...and I'm so glad I get the chance to review this author's books! Yet again I am drawn in and could not put down yet another one of Stoker's books! I absolutely LOVED Bryn and Dane! Bryn's little quirks had me giggling and wishing I had a friend like her! I mean how sweet was she to try to make a complete stranger more comfortable without having met him?!! Dane tries to adjust to civilian life while struggling with PTSD and
Lisa books
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bryn

Book 6 is one of my favorites. Genius Bryn and Fish is a perfect match. She can make him believe in himself and he can give her love and acceptance. A great hot book with real life problems and situations
Marybeth
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is right up there as one of my favorites by Susan Stoker!! Every line is so well written and you can tell was so well researched. The storyline intrigued me and I found myself unable to put this one down. I love Dane and Bryn!!
Bryn, because of her Asperger's is very socially awkward but she is incredibly sweet and caring and so intelligent. Dane, a former Delta Force is an amputee with PTSD and having a hard time with everything. He often feels he is less of a man. They are both in Idaho fo
Teresa
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rescuing Bryn is the best one yet

If you read any one of Susan Stoker's series of books then you'll know how each has the usual hero and heroine, but each of them have an obstacle to overcome before they get to their HEA. In Rescuing Bryn both Dane "Fish" Munroe has the loss of his left arm and adjusting to its loss plus prosthetic and Bryn is mildly autistic who can tell anyone listening random facts whenever and wherever. But the two of them together are what will heal them forever.

Dane misses
Lynn Reynolds
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
Dane Munroe shows the horror of war through his eyes. Truck is a man who will tell you like it is – so expect it to be a little graphic. It may seem harsh but I loved how he reacted to Dane – he doesn’t sugar coat when it comes to the truth. I certainly wouldn’t want to get on his bad side.

Bryn Hartwell is trying to find her place in the world. I loved that the author has created a story around two very unlikely people. She also does a great job showing that it’s ok to be different. But that doe
Denise H
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story grabs you from the first page and never lets you go. It is a fresh, compelling read full of action-packed suspense, charming characters you will absolutely love and a gentle, refreshing romance that will have you ‘oohing and ahhing’ from the sweet beginning to steamy end. The character development and storyline are great and the general descriptions and background settings so well written you can imagine them before your eyes. I love Dane and Bryn together. He is irresistible and she ...more
Lisa Boyd
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew I was going to love this book from the first paragraph, and boy oh boy was I right! Dane is a combat injured veteran, and Bryn is on the autism spectrum (high functioning).

Bryn's need to research and learn everything she can about a subject that piques her interest is so familiar to me. I adored her random facts and her need to learn. Dane is just as much of an Alpha as any of Susan Stoker's heroes and is so sweet and wonderful to Bryn with all of her idiosyncrasies that he makes it easy
Kelly
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars

This is the second book I've read by this author, and I ended up choosing Rescuing Bryn as Bryn sounded like an interesting character, and I wanted to read her and Dane's story.

I did enjoy reading this - Bryn is so very literal, quirky, obsessive at times about her areas of interest. And she's also very caring, and it's this trait that has her initially noticing Dane. Dane has his own issues to deal with, and their first introduction doesn't go so well.

Their romance is definitely a
Jackie Lane
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Dane and Bryn's story.

Since I didn't know very much about Dane prior to this story I wasn't looking forward to this book as much as some of the other. I was mistaken. This book was wonderful.

Bryn, feeling like an outcast, has a heart of gold and she noticed Dane come into the store, realizing the he must have some sort of PTSD as he had a prosthesis. She did what she could to unobtrusively block people from getting in his space.

When Dane sees this, he assume she is a stalker and goes off
Ginny
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We have come to know Dane over the last few books and felt for him and his struggle to accept the loss of his arm and military career. But this book really shed light on how much he lot in his last mission. Not only did he lose his arm and career but the men he called family and had his back. Bry is such a sweet soul but her ackwardness and struggles with social situation makes her the perfect person to see Dane lose and make him feel whole again. I so enjoyed seeing how they each helped the oth ...more
Carrie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love love love Bryn! I think she's my new favorite heroine. She is quirky & honest & shy but not. And Dane is just swoony badass goodness. I thoroughly enjoyed their story!! And the sexy times were fun - because of how Bryn is, there is a LOT of banter (in the form of random facts) during the sexy times, and I loved the conversations they had & the messiness. ; )
Holly Noelle
I liked Fish, but I didn't know him well enough to think he'd get a book. It was just okay. I didn't care about Bryn and like him, I would have thought she was a crazy stalker too. He got over that a lot faster than I would have.

Another book where I think they got together faster than they should have.
Myst
Oct 13, 2017 added it
Wooooot! the story we've all been waiting for since we've heard and seen a bit of Bryn. Throughly enjoyed this, can't wait for the next pairing.
This is a voluntary review and I do not get paid for this review.
Jessica
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I didn’t want to put it down. Bryn and Fish seemed made for each other. Just what they each needed.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Rescuing Bryn brings us the story of Dane, aka Fish, a former soldier who lost his arm in battle, and Bryn, a woman on the Autism Spectrum living her life in the wilds of Idaho. These two have very little in common which makes the relationship even more interesting!

Dane has come to the middle nowhere (aka Idaho) to try and get himself together. He is struggling with PTSD and other issues after losing his arm. His friend and savior, Truck, keeps in touch via phone but is worried about Dane. Then
Jessica
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
So despite being set in Idaho, land of eleventy billion white supremacist sovereign citizens, the author chose to make the villains in this book affiliated with the Taliban.

Don Adams from Get Smart looking confused

I would also really like to introduce the author to the social model of disability. I love that she includes disabled characters, but the way they're written I wouldn't recommend her books to any disabled friends. Also, don't armchair diagnose people with autism; you're probably wrong.

I don't know what to say about the gender
Sandy S
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 10,2017

Emma Nellie
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Actually, Bryn Hartwell cares. In fact, she tries to surreptitiously make life just a little easier for the mysterious man who comes in
Emabubby
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dane "Fish" Munroe is the only surviving member of his Delta team. When the Humvee he was riding in is hit with an IED Dean is trapped under the vehicle and his arm is crushed. Extricated by a covert team of Delta's, his life is saved but he loses his left arm. Retired from the army Dean now lives in a small town in Idaho. Suffering from PTSD, Dean can't stand to be around too many people at one time without freaking out.

Bryn Hartwell, is not your usual kind of girl. She is absolutely brilliant
Jan Kaplan
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dane, better known as "Fish" is struggling to find himself after leaving Delta Force Ops, due to a devastating injury. After losing his arm and all his friends in a mission gone crazy, Dane moves to a remote spot in Idaho, hoping to heal, body and soul. He wears his prosthesis when he's out, but is more comfortable without it, at home.

Dealing with survivor guilt, and struggling with PTSD, he shops at night, to avoid people and finds himself feeling stalked by an employee. Little does he know th
Julie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bryn and Dane first met under less than stellar circumstances. Their second meeting goes better than planned and things develop into more than either Dane or Bryn expected. Unfortunately,Bryn’s compulsion to satisfy her curiosity leads her into a dangerous situation, where she hopes Dane and his friends can rescue her before things take a turn for the worse.

Bryn Hartwell is prodigy level smart and socially awkward. However, she was quite likable with her sweet personality and genuine kindness t
Alison
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Dane found himself in Idaho, isolated and alone, until he meets Bryn Hartwell. After their rocky start, Dane finds himself fascinated by the beautiful women. When intrigue turns to obsession, Bryn puts herself in harm’s way. Will Dane and the Delta team find her in time?

Another fabulous read from Susan Stoker. Rescuing Bryn is a captivating, and fascinating, read. Susan Stoker is one of my go to authors for when I need a pick me up. Her
Rebecca Grove
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dane lost more than his arm on his last mission , he lost his whole unit. Luckily he was saved by a group of undercover SEALS who didn't abandon him. Even when Dane moved to Montana to recover, they kept tabs on him. Dane is having a hard time adjusting to his new life. Being around crowds stress him out so he shops late at night. For a month, he never realized that an employees has been watching him and helping him out. Then one night he catches her following him and he yells at her and threat ...more
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author, Susan Stoker has a heart as big as the state of Tennessee where she lives, but this all American girl has also spent the last fourteen years living in Missouri, California, Colorado, Indiana, and Tennessee. She's married to a retired Army man who now gets to follow her around the country.

She debuted her first series in 2014 and
More about Susan Stoker

Delta Force Heroes (10 books)
  • Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes, #1)
  • Rescuing Emily (Delta Force Heroes, #2)
  • Rescuing Harley (Delta Force Heroes #3)
  • Marrying Emily (Delta Force Heroes, #4)
  • Rescuing Kassie (Delta Force Heroes #5)
  • Rescuing Casey (Delta Force Heroes #7)
  • Rescuing Wendy (Delta Force Heroes #8)
  • Rescuing Mary (Delta Force Heroes #9)
  • Rescuing Aimee (Delta Force Heroes Book 10)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I swear to Christ, I’ll reverse haunt your ass if you even think about dying on me. I’ll do séances and get out the Ouija board and call your spirit back to earth and harass you for the rest of eternity if you die. Got it?” 1 likes
“What’s up with you two?” Dane asked. “It’s complicated,” was Truck’s informative reply. “It sounds like it.” “But I’ll tell you this…she’s worth it. She’s worth every second of sleep I’ve lost, every moment of worry, and every headache she’s given me.” 0 likes