Start by marking “Finders Keepers (Cycle of Ages Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers (Cycle of Ages Saga, #1)

Finders Keepers

(Cycle of Ages Saga #1)

On the faraway world of Faltyr, a calamitous Mage of Moor’dru must do whatever it takes to get the secretive contents of a magic chest back home to his master. But when his disastrous nature shipwrecks him on an accursed island, Kaladimus Dor must cooperate with a motley crew of survivors, including mercenaries from an adventuring guild known as Finders Keepers, to secure ...more
Paperback, 3rd, 238 pages
Published November 8th 2016 by Broke Guys Productions (first published July 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

K.S. Daniels
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be the first to admit, I'm hard to impress when it comes to fantasy. I'm an Andre Norton kinda gal, so when I picked this book at my last convention I wasn't sure how I'd like it. I was pleasantly surprised, however, by Finders Keepers.

If I had to describe the book, without spoilers, I'd say it was like 'Tolkien Lite', or maybe even 'Tolkien meets pulp'. The action is unrelenting, the cast of characters unique and expansive, and the adventure engaging.

My favorite parts though were all the
Griffin John
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read! That being said, when's the next one coming out? :D. Keep up the great work!
Donovan Dearment
The Cycle of Ages Saga: Finders Keepers hits the ground running with it's many action scenes and finely detailed, varied character personas. The world of Faltyr holds much potential for further development of the characters from this story as well as many others. There is just the right mix of action, horror, comedy, and intrigue to make this an enjoyable read. Looking forward to the next adventure!
Jeremy Hicks
Aug 14, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it so I can't review it.
NaTaya Hastings
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion. My initial first thoughts? I liked the book, although it took me a little longer to read than a book of its length usually takes me because it was a bit hard to get into at first. However, once I finally did get into it, I liked it.

Parts of it were very reminiscent of the Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman Dragonlance books -- a comparison that was only furthered by the names given to some of the characters and events in the b
Tiffany White
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to start off with that the action in this book is amazing, I think it has the best action scenes i have ever read. You cannot go wrong with weapons that have names like Starkiller and Demon Queller. I commend Jeremy and Barry for the amazing world views and a very developed world, i am always very jealous when i encounter writers who have such a a good grasp at creating worlds. I really love the characters. i think they did a great job on having everyone's personalities shine through and ...more
Fritzling
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sands of Sorrow can come out tomorrow. Seriously. G'head. Print it.

Finders Keepers got me hooked. Bring it on already!!!!

The fact that I want more should be a good enough review, but i'll add more.

A very well written adventure story that any D&D player or fantasy lover will enjoy. A ready of ANY genre will enjoy this book. The flow with which the characters are developed along with the storyline, as well as the worlds history and individual character philosophy, is simply masterful. Ther
Christi Nichols
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re looking for an escape from reality, this is it! Mr. Hayes and Mr. Hicks have teamed up to create a world all their own. Faltyr is home to humans and fantasy creatures alike.

Kaladimus Dor is the clumsy person we can all relate to in some way or another. Every one of the characters is strong and intricately developed.

The story is very well written, and draws the reader into the story. From the most action packed moments, all the way down to sitting around the campfire, the reader feels a
Tracey
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend to be a very hard core sci-fi reader and for me to step outside of my genre is a rare occasion, thankfully, I did so when I read Cycle of Ages Saga: Finders Keepers.
For the first time, (in a very long time,) I didn't see the plot twists and turns coming that seems to be standard in sword and sorcery novels and was just able to lose myself into the world of Faltyr.
The characters are well fleshed out, with enough back-story to get to know and enjoy them. As well as wanting to read more abou
Andrea Judy
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Epic fantasy meets pulp would be the best way to describe this tale. The action starts on page 1 and holds you tight through a wild and deadly ride. The terror is real, and there are parts where I found my heart racing wondering which character was going to get the axe next (quite a lot of them do end up dead, fair warning) and a few places I gasped out loud because I hadn't expected things to go from bad to worse.
This is a classic example of characters jumping from the frying pan into the fire
Cecilia Dominic
Great setting, fast-paced action, well-rounded characters...and horrible editing, but not in a lots-of-typos sense. The biggest thing that kept knocking me out of the story was the clumsy attempts at foreshadowing, specifically how chapters or scenes would end in a "little did he know..." (actually stated once) way. I would still recommend this book to fantasy fans, especially those who like their fantasy a little darker.

Four stars for story.
Two stars to editing.
David Brashier
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Newcomers to fantasy
The Cycle of Ages Saga: Finders Keepers seems like a typical fantasy bore starting out. Readers unfamiliar with the genre may seem skeptical approaching a fantasy novel, given that the genre has been done to death and explored in depth thanks to media such as World of Warcraft, 'D&D', and a plethora of other books, films and tv shows. But after a few sluggish opening chapters, Finders Keepers challenges the imagination around every corner and genuinely explores the fantasy genre, doing somet ...more
Tiffany White
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
M.M. Schill
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, I would like to point out,that the copy of Finders Keepers I have has a much more colorful cover than the preview here on Goodreads. The black&white design up here is well sketched out, but the cover art I have on my copy translates much better as cover art.

Aside from that...

I was very happy to give Finders Keepers a read. It reminded me of old D&D campaigns I played in high school, so it has a nostalgic feel. It pretty much felt like reading through an RPG campaign.

I very much
A.G. Porter
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finders Keepers was an adventure story; one that was gritty, real, and not for the faint of heart. The Hallowed Vessel is a prize amongst prizes and for our crew of mercenaries, elves, knights, sailers, a priest, and a very unlucky mage, it turns into more; it turns into life or death. With danger in many forms between them and their final destination, Finders Keepers was an amazing and terrifying read.

It had been a while since reading fantasy and I'm really glad that Finders Keepers was the bo
Jakob Reinier
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great read. Very interesting story and characters. Fast paced, but descriptive. Can't wait for the next one!
Michelle Combs
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Hobbit meets heavy metal...enjoyed this adventure and the world expertly crafted by Hicks & Hayes.
Jasmyne Hill
Aug 09, 2014
Victor
rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2014
Carol Hayes
Aug 17, 2013
Jonathan Smith
Feb 14, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Need several extant books added to author profile 8 19 Apr 12, 2017 03:41PM
  • Chasing Heart (Ellen Martin Disasters #1)
  • Locked Within (Memory Wars, #1)
  • Blaze of Secrets (Asylums for Magical Threats, #1)
  • Writing a Killer Thriller: An Editor's Guide to Writing Compelling Fiction
  • The Loathly Lady
  • Quest for the Three Books
  • Mark the Missing Moose
  • Holding the Future Hostage: The Legacy of the Ruby Vial
  • Naughty Notions Volume 1
  • A Year in My Garden
  • Thornewicke
  • Exploralab : 150+ ways to investigate the amazing science around you.
  • Celebration of Life (Celebration, #1)
  • Allergic to Life: My Battle for Survival, Courage, and Hope
  • Escape From Ruskin Heights
  • Dreadful Legacies
  • Runemaster (The Shardheld Saga, #2)
  • The Blindsided Prophet
Although a field archaeologist by trade, Jeremy Hicks teamed up with long time friend Barry Hayes to realize a creative dream and turn their nightmares into fiction.

The writing team of Hicks & Hayes created an original fantasy-horror environment (Faltyr™), wrote a screenplay (The Cycle of Ages Saga: Finders Keepers) to introduce it, and then adapted it into a novelization of the same name. As

Cycle of Ages Saga (2 books)
  • Sands of Sorrow (Cycle of Ages Saga #2)
“In the end, the majority of the group voted to let the wizard live. ” 0 likes