Start by marking “Hetty” as Want to Read:
Hetty

Hetty

A novel proving art transcends all which divides us as human beings.

“We were just meant to be and fate in all her conniving, wicked glory, wouldn’t have had this union any other way.”

Hetty is determined not to be a victim but she doesn’t see that in some ways, she still is. When something doesn’t go how she wants it to, she finds it incredibly difficult to overcome, and co
Published May 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hetty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hetty

Frances
Hetty is an absolute amazing story about a young woman who has had a hard upbringing. When she starts to date the one person she never thought she would Hetty, starts to see life and love in a different light.
Alison
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Hetty felt she wasn’t worthy of love; her aim to help others. Will Hetty allow love to consume her or will she purposely destroy it?

Outstanding, this story is, complete brilliance. From start to finish, Hetty's story consumed me. Sarah Michelle Lynch touches on the harsher realities of life. Her words are delivered, and written beautifully, you can feel the passion and emotion pouring from every word.

Hetty is heartbreakingly beautif
Heidi Petersen
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC copy of this book.

If you've read Angel Avenue you'll already be aware of Hetty.
Hetty is a very intelligent, caring and strong individual but like others she doesn't see it. She doesn't think she's worthy of anyone's love. Will she be able to accept it or taint it before it has a chance to grow.
Hetty is a very moving story from start to finish (Tissues ready just in case) one you'll find hard to put down.

Every book of Sarah's I read I've loved and this one doesn't di
Literary Epic
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great book, Hetty’s story is quite inspirational.

Hetty has had a hard life, she is very private and like’s to hide away. When she gets some bad news she thinks her world is ending but in walks someone she least expects and she starts to see life in a different way, she realises life is for living.

The support network in this book was intriguing. Sometimes people just don’t realise what they have.

This book will make you laugh, cry, angry and just give you all the feels.

Highly recommend ;)
Louise White
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly beautiful story that made me connect with Hetty immensely. For those of you that have read the Angel Avenue series, you will already be familiar with Hetty and her background. Whilst it is a feature within the book I would recommend reading the series first to get the whole picture and be in the "moment" as Hetty's background unfolds.

In this book we met Hetty at a crucial point in her life, having set her mind on a career she is waiting to find out if it is plausible. A series o
Elizabeth Cash
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To be truthful, the cover to this book is what drew me in. I know, I know. "Don't judge a book by its cover." I know! But I'm more than happy to say that this cover lives up to what is inside. The pages that fill this beautiful cover, the words within, the story, all of it!! I absolutely loved it. The gritty emotion and lucid detail were flawless. The author drew me in from the first page and didn't let me go. I'm still hooked on this amazing novel. This is the first book I read by Sarah, and it ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Hetty by Sarah Michell Lynch was a story about a woman who’s had a difficult journey in life. Because of her past, it is sometimes difficult for her to really push forward with her dreams and desires.

Hetty is ready to make a change and sets out to achieve a goal. However, when things begin to not go her way, is she equipped to really move forward? Because of everything that has happened to her, she finds herself stuck on how to proceed.

Even with everything Hetty has been through, she is a rema
Michaela Bishop
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first met Hetty in the Angel avenue series. To get the full picture I recommend reading them first.
However, Here we have a follow up. To me this was a heart warming read with a rocky path at times along the way. I had a rollercoaster of emotions reading this but When I'd finished it left me feeling complete. Sarah Michelle Lynch has a way with words that lures you in and keeps you hooked. You hang on to every written word until you've devoured them all. Another amazing read.
5 stars

** ARC recei
Becky Nagy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good book! I love the characters and the 'realness' of them. As I was reading, I could imagine the scenes and the people involved. Why 4 stars you ask... Well, I thought the story needed something; a twist or an OMG moment. I just didn't get that. I will include that i did not read the prior books in the series and that may have helped with my understanding of some parts of the book, though it was noted that they are not required reading to understand this book.
Liz
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
An inspiring story of a woman's journey through life as she begins to finally realize her own worth. Full review to come.
Natalie
May 19, 2017
Sarah Lynch
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I absolutely loved this book from beginning to end and everything about it. Hetty is a great character, one you'd just love to be friends with. I connected with her straight away, she made me laugh out loud with the things she came out with sometimes.

Hetty hasn't had a great past, but it's made her into the person she is today and I love her for it! What will she do when someone she least expects shows an interest in her? Will she ruin that like she thinks she has ruined everything else in her l
Steven Yang
Aug 02, 2017
Sarah Lynch
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Heather Anderson
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was great. I loved how I was able to connect to Hetty. There are so many things that happen in Hetty life that I can relate to in my own life. I love it when I can feel this way about a book and its characters. I would have to say this a must ready book!
Elizabeth Throckmorton
Kayla (kaylareads)
Jul 18, 2018
Alana
Mar 15, 2019
New Adult Book Club: #91/17 Hetty by Sarah Michelle Lynch 12 21 Aug 07, 2017 12:54PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Seeking reviews for a NA romance, coming soon 1 8 Apr 19, 2017 07:01AM
Some readers run at Sarah with hugs and kisses, while others shoot daggers at her for killing their favourite character off. Sarah can only apologise and say, "The story made me do it..."

Sarah Michelle Lynch is a former journalist who wrote a trilogy of science fiction novels while on maternity leave. In 2012 she took a deep breath and published the "Ravage Trilogy" which was later re-edited and b
“Love her, not gently or frivolously, but like your whole life depends on her, like she lights up the very fire that keeps you burning…” 0 likes
“We have to learn to listen to our hearts, as broken as they might be. Our hearts tell us everything we need to know, even if we don’t want to hear it.” 0 likes