Start by marking “The Unrequited” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  4,885 ratings  ·  1,011 reviews
Layla Robinson is not crazy. She is suffering from unrequited love. But it’s time to move on. No more stalking, no more obsessive calling.

What she needs is a distraction. The blue-eyed guy she keeps seeing around campus could be a great one—only he is the new poetry professor—the married poetry professor.

Thomas Abrams is a stereotypical artist—rude, arrogant, and broody—b
eBook Kindle, 340 pages
Published July 13th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Unrequited, please sign up.
Sana
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  4,885 ratings  ·  1,011 reviews

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Unrequited Love (stand-alone). A double forbidden romance between two lost souls; A professor & his student; A stalker & her victim; A seducer & his prey!

The Unrequited (stand-alone) opens up to heiress and college freshman Layla Robinson, Lay starting fresh after an crush gone bad. Poet and newly appointed Poe
Bibi
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** Spoiler**

There's a line from Ed Sheeran's Shape of You
- we push and pull like a magnet do- that encapsulates the love affair between Layla and Thomas.

Layla, the 20-yr old student and Thomas, 29-yr old published author and professor who also happens to be married and to a woman who simply wants out of the marriage. So, yes, the story has a double forbidden aspect that held my breath captive from start to finish.

There's a distinct empathetic feel to Layla, one that drags you into her vortex of
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
**2 STARS**

Find this review and more here... https://prettymessreading.com/posts/

I should have known better.

I only have myself to blame.

This one is on me.

I listened to the hype and found myself very disappointed.

I heard so many good things about this book. Everywhere I looked, there was a 5 STARS rating here and a 4.5 STARS rating there. I just knew that this book was going to be a great read for me.

Well. . .Shit. . .Fuck. . .Goddamn was I wrong. I didn’t like this book at all.

The leading female
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot professor alert... :D You must meet with Thomas Abrams. ;)

WOW!!! Okay, this book totally rocked my world. I LOVED IT SOOOO MUCH! This was my 1st book of this author and her writing style is literally magic because I seriously couldn't put down this book... 👏👏👏 I highly recommend it. <3

Ps. I know this book is not for everyone but I hope you'd get out of your comfort zone and give a chance this amazing
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 Shameless Heart Stars
 photo hearts_zps3sro4zou.gif

My heart is not an organ.
It's more than that. My heart is an animal-a chameleon, to be specific. It changes skin and colour, not to blend in, but to be difficult, unreasonable.

I'm totally stuck on what to say about this book, I haven't read anything quite like it before. It made me question my morals, self beliefs and it tugged at my heartstrings with all its feels.

I found myself loving and hating both main characters throughout the book but I'm thinking the intense p
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 STARS

"He is my professor, an asshole, and he is married. This crush is triple doomed.”

description

This is such an unexplored subject that Saffron A. Kent tackles in this novel. The author truly wrote and described the feelings that I would think most of us have felt at some point in our lives. It’s the feeling of loving someone so much and those feelings are simply…Unrequited.

"I want to see reciprocation. What does requited love look like? I want to see it.”

description

Layla Robinson has been sent away from her w
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis is a pretty cover. Good representation of the heroine. Great composition. Nice title work.description

descriptionSo I am going to try and put into words how very much I LOVED this book. I am sure that whatever I say here will not even come close to expressing my feelings. I think it is safe to say that this is my favorite read of the year so far. And it has cheating...go figure!

description

It was fantastically well written and paced. The plot was multilayered and complex. It was harsh. It was dirty. It was ugly. It was about
Melanie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: chandler ainsley ♕
“It was beautiful and right. It was wrong and ugly, just like the earth beneath my feet. It was tragic and ecstatic. It was everything I’d hoped love could be.”

Okay, this book isn’t going to be for everyone and I completely get that. I will go into details below, but this book has grey area cheating and it is a student and teacher (college) relationship, but, good dear Lord, the sex in this was so fucking good. Like, maybe the best I’ve read all year. So, if you’re looking for something real
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

REVIEW ALSO POSTED ON MY BLOG
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

THE UNREQUITED: Is a standalone romance novel by Saffron A. Kent, and is my first time read by this author. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It all started with one glimpse of a man solitarily sitting on a park bench in the cold, smoking a cigarette deep in thought that spoke to Layla's inner loneliness. To the next day seeing him at the college library, to seeing him again and following him to a classroom and being gobsmacked that
Christy
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!!

description
He is my professor, an asshole, and he is married. This crush is triple doomed.

The Unrequited is a book that’s been on my TBR since it was released last year. I’m so happy it came to audio and I found the time to read it! Once I read Gods & Monsters by Saffron, I knew her writing was amazing. This book was something else! Beautifully written, forbidden, sexy, and stunning.

Layla Robinson is suffering from unrequited love. And when she meets her poetry professor, Thomas Abra
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Harlot fell in love with the Fire-breather.
Saffron makes me want to be A Harlot , if only I can find a Fire breather with piercing blue eyes that stare right into my soul. This just about sums up the story of Doomed , Unrequited love . It will definitely seep into your soul and devour you.
It's not just a book, it's a peek into mangled hearts that saffron creates and then destroys with her skillful observation of Love and all its trimmings , sweet and sour !!!
Depth is misleading from the su
Emma Scott
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
***10 purple stars***

I don't know how to write this review. I've tried to sketch out a few outlines but it's not helping, so I'm just going to talk. I don't do plot-recap reviews anyway--I prefer to talk about feelings and craft and words n' shizz, so I'm going to do that and try not to get too rambly.

So this is a taboo, student-teacher, forbidden love read, but those are tag words only. It's so much more than the sum of its parts, and that's because THE WRITING. This book is alive.. It's elect
Olga therebelreader
“…bravery is not the absence of fear, but the courage to do something despite it-taking that first step despite the danger of falling, creating a piece of art knowing that people might not appreciate it. Bravery is like falling in love. You don’t know if the person will reciprocate, but still you fall”. ~ Thomas

Wow! This book was unlike any forbidden romance book I’ve ever read!

The story follows Layla who has not been lucky in love. Her story is a tale of guilt and desire as shocking as it i
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“I wonder what it takes to be lovable. Maybe You Have to be less Crazy or less selfish or less…ruining.

There’s something to be said about forbidden romance. I don’t know what it is but there’s this feeling you get whenever you read it. It’s an all consuming rush that flows through your veins like you’ve been hit with the best high and you want nothing more than to just stay in that element. There’s this alluring danger of stepping into uncharted waters because deep down, you KNOW it’s wrong
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦There has been a lot of hype surrounding this book and naturally I had to get my paws on it asap. This was my first read by this author and I enjoyed the writing just fine, however, while I did like it, I certainly didn't love it.

➦This was like... like... "Slammed" on steroids. lol A student/teacher romance with some poetry mixed in. Unfortunately, I thought that the beauty of poetry was lost somewhere in the midst of all the explicit sex. In fact, I think I have to file this under erotica bec
Saffron
Apr 15, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
***#99c Limited Time #SALE and $20 GC Giveaway***

Hey, guys! My #StudentTeacherRomance, THE UNREQUITED is on a #Sale for 99c (Limited time)! Eeeek!

Grab your copy here: http://bit.ly/Theunrequited-kindle
#Free in #KindleUnlimited
The Unrequited Website: www.saffronkent.com
________

To enter the $20 GC #Giveaway, follow this link to my FB author page: https://www.facebook.com/TheSaffronKe...

★A TOP 100 AMAZON BESTSELLER ★

“The Unrequited is the edgy, tortured love story I've been aching for!” - Sierra Si
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 5 Fire-breather & Violet-eyed girl Hearts!! <3
description

The Unrequited is an utterly enigmatic story, one that encapsulates in vivid detail the raw pain of unrequited love, the heady eroticism of forbidden romance and the heart-wrenching beauty of what it means to find the other half of your soul.

“God...what are we doing?” I pant into his shirt.
“The wrongest thing we’ve ever done,” he says, repeating my words.

Layla is a beautiful blend of characteristics, someone who has constructed a
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was so much hotter than I thought it'd be! I thought the characters were so interesting. The h was kinda cray cray, but I was totally routing for her to get a HEA (I'm a poet now too 😂)! The H a was mysterious jerk that was just hurt by his situation and needed love. They both were so incredibly hard on themselves for things that weren't completely their fault. I liked the idea the h put forth that that they were soul mates even if they didn't end up with a HEA toge
Malene
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites, fav-author
Home run! That's one way to put it. Saffron A. Kent has created a book that was unputdownable! That's right. The Unrequited was spectacular. Completely mesmerizing. First and foremost I'm head over heels in love with Kent's prose and storytelling. It's raw, honest and seductive. I felt like I was in a trance. Hypnotized by her intoxicating prose that instantly connected me with Layla and Thomas.

Layla and Thomas were two phenomenal characters. Equally flawed and battling with the same issue. The
Wil Loves Books!
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, not-yet-released
****4.5 Messy Stars****

What does requited love look like? I want to see it.

I’m not sure how to even go about writing this review. There’s lots I want to say, and yet I don’t want to say anything cause I don’t want to spoil anything. Saffron Kent is a new to me author. If you keep up with my reviews you've might noticed that I haven't been taking chances with new to me authors lately. I've been super busy at work all year and don't have as much time to review and blog as before :( But this bo
Jeannine Allison
4.25 stars...

This is the face you will make when you're reading this, realizing this is only Saffron's SECOND published book...

description

Her writing is phenomenal. Honestly I still have trouble believing that she isn't a veteran author. I'm one of those people who LOVES analogies, especially clever ones that are so subtle you almost miss them. And Saffron was a pro with these. One of my favorites...
His blue and my violet. The colors with just a pinch of a difference, belonging to the same part of the spe
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: Saffron A. Kent
5 Stars

Do you know how long it’s been since I picked up a book and did ABSOLUTELY Nothing all day because I was so engrossed in the book my life suffered? It’s been a while!

Going into my first Saffron A. Kent book, I would have never imagined a story written so well, flowed perfectly and cracked open every emotion known to mankind would be my first book by this author! Where have I been hiding to not have read anything of this talented authors work?

Layla Robinso
Sophie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: july-2017
Incredible. Absolutely INCREDIBLE. I'm speechless.

That was the first line I wrote for this review and then sat for 2 hours thinking about what I could actually say. I'm still a little all over the place and lost for words. This book is ANGSTY PERFECTION. For me that was an absolute winner. But, that's not all. This is a student/teacher romance *fist bump*. It's taboo and raw and gritty. It's uncomfortable in places then it's simple and easy in other places. The flow and masterful mixing of all
Kim Bailey
What's better than a book that makes you think, challenges your boundaries, makes you cry, makes you sigh, makes you want to find a partner and F*@k like animals ... all while making you want--no, NEED--to flip to the next page with reckless abandon?
Nothing. There is nothing better.
This book is on my short-list for best of the year. All other books have their work cut out for them.

*I was honored to beta read - in no way did that honor influence my rating/review of this book.
Dilek VT
“The unrequited lover is the one who waits.”

This is the story of a crazy/stalker college girl with her married professor although neither the forbidden aspect of teacher/student affair nor the 10 year-age difference between them is focused on in it.

This is really a difficult book for me to review because I have millions of contradicting feelings about it. If I need to summarize I can say the following:

I APPRECIATED THE WONDERFUL WRITING OF IT

POV: First Person, Dual PoV
Plot: 5+++
Characters: 5+++
Scorching Level: 5+++
HEA: Um...hello. Not telling.

OMG. I am in love with this book!! There are not enough words to describe my feelings after reading this. These flawed, incredibly human characters crawled under my skin and into my heart.
I fell in love with Layla. Beautiful, damaged, kind Layla. I cannot believe the depth of her per
KceeReads
A week ago, I had no idea that Saffron A. Kent will have this effect on me. I have found a new unicorn author and I seriously think I cannot live without her words now.

...sigh

Brokenhearted and distressed, Layla Robinson tries to figure out how her life became so miserable. From being crazy in love to sitting in front of her university counselor, she feels tired of everything. Living a routine life, every day is a struggle for her to move on until she accidentally trespassed a class. Moving on
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars ❤

What a nice surprise, The Unrequited was an intense,steamy,super hot and fast paced story.It was captivating and the writing so beautiful.I felt like I was part of the story.

Layla and Thomas kept me on the edge of my seat all the time.Their story is unique and brilliant.I don't want to say anything about the plot because I don't want to give anything away but believe me you have to read this one!!

Saffron is so talented and I can't wait to read more books by her soon!!!

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••

This book deals with so much. It pulls at your heart in so many ways. Kudos to this author for touching on many touchy subjects. Teacher/student relationship, married spouse cheating on said student. Such hard topics to write about, yet make them succeed. The writing this author does is dang near flawless. I am at a loss at how to write a good review and rate it at the same time.

I'm going to be honest, I struggled with the characters in this book. Not the writing, it was simply just the charact
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
One word: BRAVO This book is the one you need to read because this is how love is supposed to be. As painful and disturbing as it can be, it's a powerful feeling nothing & no one could stop. Those who feel it knows what true love it. They are so many kind of love and the most dreadful one is the unrequited love. Saffron's book gave me a lot to think about and this is most definitely one of the reasons The Unrequited is one of my favorite book this year.

Thomas & Layla's story is not an
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • The Wife (The Professor, #4)
  • Nocturne
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
  • Force of Gravity (Gravity #1)
  • Broken English (Broken Lives, #1)
  • The Wild
  • Illusions of Evil (Illusions Duet, #1)
  • The Frenchman's Captive Wife
  • Jahleel (Loving All Wrong #1)
  • Dark Notes
  • Suddenly Forbidden (Gray Springs University, #1)
  • The Protégé
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (Dark Duet, #1-3.5)
  • The Ground Rules Rewritten (The Rule Breakers, #2)
  • Brown Eyed Ghoul (Peyton Clark #3)
  • Shhh... Gianna's Side
  • Lily of the Springs
Writer of bad romances. Aspiring Lana Del Rey of the Book World.

Saffron A. Kent is a Top 100 Amazon Bestselling author of Contemporary and New Adult romance. More often than not, her love stories are edgy, forbidden and passionate. Her work has been featured in Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, New York Daily News and USA Today’s Happy Ever After.

She has an MFA in creative writing and she lives in New Y
“Because unrequited love is like a dead, useless organ. It’s functionless. It’s sicker than a disease. You can cure a disease, but you can’t fix a defective soul.” 17 likes
“You’re in my fucking blood, and I’ll tear apart anyone who dares to fucking touch you.” 15 likes