Start by marking “You Could Be the One” as Want to Read:
You Could Be the One

You Could Be the One

Experience the spark of discovering something new with someone familiar in You Could Be the One, a collection of stories about friends, lovers, and friends becoming lovers. Complications abound when the line between platonic and romantic gets blurred, but they did say that friendship is the foundation of a great love story. Will you take the risk for a relationship upgrade ...more
Published April 2017

To ask other readers questions about You Could Be the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Could Be the One

Start your review of You Could Be the One
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rating-4-stars
You Could Be the One is a collection of three super cute, super kilig short romances on different sets of characters. All three were amazing and swoon-worthy of course, but my personal favorite is the last. Fake relationship tropes are my guilty pleasure, and I can't wait to read the full story! It was also cute that we saw mentions of Cam and Gabriel in the third one as well. I'm also pretty interested in the 2nd story, and I wouldn't mind reading the full story. If I had to rank the three, it' ...more
Kristy Mauna
If you're a fan of the friends to lovers trope then you NEED this book.
These short stories will have you swooning and rooting for every character and their happily ever after! :)

"There were times that I'd allow myself to imagine that what we had was real, and I'd feel this painful little twinge in my chest, like a tiny hammer hitting my heart, cracking the surface a little with every beat."

The first two short stories were amazing, adorable, and I loved them!
I also love how well Ana Tejano bl
kb
~*I AM SO EXCITED TO BE THE FIRST TO REVIEW THIS!*~

ANYWAY. The fact is, I kind of watched this grow~ (a.k.a. kept tabs on @itstimeana's tweets) and I was just silently waiting for it to come out because I knew it was something I'd probably really enjoy (*wink friends to lovers wink*). Plus, there was also this.

So when Ana's cover reveal email came with a free pass to get a copy of this book, you bet I was all,

I admit I didn't get to this right away because Easter Sunday and all, but when I did—w
Marta
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2018
3,5*
I thought these would be three full short stories on their own, but after all, they're related to others of the author's works. Even though it surprised me (and quite annoyed me, not knowing the exact ends), it might make you want to pick up the author's other novels. All of the stories were endearing, though. Really fluffy and adorable, the writing style wasn't complex, which turned this into a fast and light read.
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
3.5/5 stars from me.
This is 3 friends-to-lovers stories, and I loved the first one, didn't really enjoy the second one, and felt like the 3rd one was incomplete (I mean, it left me in a cliffhanger!!!!!). I did love the sweet and fluffy feel of each story, and how *pure* the romances were. There are also mentions of yummy filipino food, which was excellent!
Inah
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the stories!
Liz
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
eek i'm actually quite excited to read the full books with these characters 😬
Amanda
Cute collection of friends-to-lovers short stories!

It’s A Match- probably my favorite and the shortest? Gabriel has always had a thing for Cams but she was getting over her ex. Now she’s ready to date again and try online dating. Flashbacks to their first meeting & different points in their friendship.

Bottleneck- A cute story with younger protagonists who are in their first year of university and “commuting buddies.” Everyone knows Gelo is in love with Lara except for her and they’re waiting fo
Jaclyn
The first story was ok but didn't really hook me. Too much flashback and telling rather than showing. 2 stars.

The second story was cute. The ending felt a bit abrupt and I wish the guy had ended up showing more courage, but it was sweet and I like the fishball bouquet. 3 stars.

The third story was my favourite. It was sweet and slow burning kilig. It would have been a solid 4 or 5 stars if not for that ending. Hated the cliffhanger and the random new character that wasn't actually explained. 3 st
Gee
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
This is my first Ana Tejano book and I absolutely loved it!
I can't choose between the three short stories because all of them are really nice. It made me fall in love all over again.
Thank you for sharing this ebook for free Ms. Ana! More powers.

PS: I want to read more of your characters stories' when I am given the chance and time.
Lea
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Three novellas with three different couples. They’re teasers for other books by the author - the last ending in a cliffhanger with no HEA or HFN so I don’t think it can be called a romance.
Good writing. Interesting story lines and plot ideas.
Ailla Magcamit
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My friends-to-lovers heart is happy (!!!)
Cande
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bipoc-mc
Three short stories about friends to lovers. Super adorable and wonderful. My favorite was the first story but they're all good. Plus we get to see couples/characters from other stories of the author and I can't wait to dive more into Ana's series.

If you're like me and like friends to lovers but it's not really YOUR thing, I think you're going to see the magic of the trope right here. Well, at least, I saw the magic.
M
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
VERY cute short stories. I think my favorite was the one in the middle because I love me a pining hero.
Gerd
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
A lovely collection of short friends to lovers stories.

There are some errors especially in the last story, nothing great though. Mostly conflicting uses of tense, switching from past to present.
But the last story was also the one I enjoyed the most, for its utterly relateable main character.
“Okay, we can go with that.” I took quick notes, listing what Ian said in hasty, unintelligible writing that I hoped I would understand later.

There's always something especially endearing about a character
Kate (The Bookaholic Blurbs)
Full review over at The Bookaholic Blurbs!

You Could Be The One is a compilation of three well-crafted short stories that are all swoon-worthy with amazingly explorable tropes! There's so much magic in the way Ana writes and every turn of the each page just keeps me pumped up with anticipation! If you haven't picked up any #RomanceClass books yet, you can definitely start with this one!
natalie
A cute collection of shorts. I'm gonna need those continuation stories ;)
Ella
Ken
May 05, 2018

• The Future Chosen: A political romance
  • No Two Ways
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10)
  • The Falcon Thief: A True Tale of Adventure, Treachery, and the Hunt for the Perfect Bird
  • Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How it Changed the World
  • The Marriage of Mary Russell (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #2.5)
  • The American Plague: The Untold Story of Yellow Fever, the Epidemic That Shaped Our History
  • Tajemnica domu Helclów (Profesorowa Szczupaczyńska, #1)
  • Incredible Women of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League
  • How to Be an Artist
  • Sully: My Search for What Really Matters
  • The Wave: In Pursuit of the Rogues, Freaks, and Giants of the Ocean
  • Who Was Frida Kahlo?
  • Love Lettering
  • Clap When You Land
  • Unlikely Friendships : 47 Remarkable Stories from the Animal Kingdom
  • Second Chance Girl (Happily Inc, #2)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
Ana Tejano has been in love with words and writing ever since she met Elizabeth Wakefield when she was in Grade 3. She has contributed several non-fiction pieces in print and online publications, and has been blogging for years. When she’s not writing, she works as a communications manager for a payroll outsourcing firm, and serves in CFC Singles for Christ in every other time that she doesn’t spe ...more