Start by marking “The Devils Do (Chaos of the Covenant #3)” as Want to Read:
The Devils Do (Chaos of the Covenant #3)

The Devils Do

(Chaos of the Covenant #3)

The devil you know or the one you don’t?

For the Demon Queen and her Rejects, things are guaranteed to get ugly whichever they choose.

On the plus side:
They know where the Nephilim fleet is being built, they’ve got a killer new ride, a few surprising new allies, and they don’t all hate one another quite as much as they used to.

On the minus:
The enemy fleet is coming onli
Published April 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Devils Do, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devils Do

Jim
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
These are interesting books if not a little off the deep end. I don’t mean the story-line is crazy or anything, but I just don’t go in for mystical powers that seem to appear in our lead character, Abigail Cage, or in the apparent legion of Nephilim. Yeah, I know how it go there, but this all seems to unbelievable to me, duh, which it is!

As you’ll remember, Abigail Cage, was a former Lieutenant in the Republic military. She was framed for weapons smuggling and sent to “Hell”, a maximum security
Frank Bertino
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Win and Loss on Both Sides

Abigail the Demon Queen is changing to look more like one as her power increases. Gloriant Thraven is one step ahead of them even though they win small victories. Thraven decodes the location of General Kett's location and hopes to capture or destroy both Abigail and Kett in the Bain system. Meanwhile, Abigail and the Rejects locate the base where Thraven is building the enhanced warships. The Queen sends part of the Rejects to take out the incomplete advanced warships,
Katrina
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
To say that this series is heavily influenced by the Star Wars would be a monumental understatement to the extent that with this book I had continuous sence of déjà vu. As a result of that, I am developing a love-hate relation with this series. On one hand the pace is fast, the characters are appealing - LOVE Gant, want to adopt him, and bringing Seraphim - Nephilim aspect in to science fiction gives it an unusual and interesting twist. On the other hand, as mentioned , the influence of Star Wa ...more
Sandie Acquistapace
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. So exciting!

I've read Many books by this author and have liked them all. That being said, this is an especially good read. I can barely stop reading the books except to catch my breath as the Rejects fight against unimaginable enemies known and unknown. The strength of his character development and world building is awesome and visual in their descriptors.
Alan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A little bit of everything for fans

The story continues here and this book is another page turner. The blend of individual combat and space battles is welcome. The metaphysical elements are expanded but without annoying anyone’s beliefs or sensibilities, I think. If one more faction is added I may need a diagram to sort them all out, though.
Alastar
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well this one was another interesting story, I got my wish and Captain Gaul is no more, now we have the General Kett. I will be looking forward to his demise, the Gloritant I know will have to wait. Onward to the next one.
Alex Buschmann
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Recently discovered this series - this is the weakest of the three so far. It does a good job with plot advancement and I see it being very important in the series overall. However, it didn't capture me like the first two. I am excited to see where the series goes though!
James Becker
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Edge of my seat!

Another fantastic book by Michael. I have loved every book in the series and just can't stop! Good twists and turns, lots of action and did I mention? FREAKIN SPACESHIPS!?
GREGG  CORDELL
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

This was another good read by Mr Forbes. The book was well written and full of action both on the ground and in space . I highly recommend this book to any science fiction fans.
Pat Tweed
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This series is interesting,fun and exciting.One book flows into the other with non stop action.The characters are people you root for or despise..but they are definitely not boring.Bravo to the author..and please hurry with the next book!
Charles Daniel
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Allies Acquired, Enemies Engaged, And . . . Oh That's Bad!

One of the problems with achieving great success against an overwhelming adversary is that it draws attention and it's always attention from the worst possible sources.
Rick Vincel
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous ! ! !

I truly do love Mike's works and when I'm finished with the Chaos series I'm moving to his next series and on again until I have nothing left to read by him...HE'S THAT GOOD ! ! !
Josh Michaels
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting lemon twist

It's taken a fun dip into a quasi religious "poke". Fun take on it, will keep reading . Let's go next book!
Charl
Dec 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: y2018
As good as the first two.
Steve
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Weird story, but still a great read.
Kristy
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome Story!

All I can say is I can't wait to read the next book. Moving right into the rest of the story.
Randall Shipp
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read the whole series M.R. Forbes Writes a good story and stays within the believable and the characters stay within the first established character mold.
Mark Strong
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The stakes keep raising with each book, and as always, is a pleasure to read. Jokes, violence, cool sci-fi, chosen-one stuff.
John Wood
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Story as usual!

Good Story story as usual. Fast paced for the most part. On occasion could be a little dull, but for the most part a story and series I recommend highly.
T.S. Williams
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and a little convoluted

I'm slightly loosing track of who does what with whom now. The twists and turns have come at me quickly. Next book please.
Christopher B. Jones
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, great action.

This series has been very entertaining a great read, great action, great characters. I almost wish I could start over, it's ending too soon.
Jim Grogan
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
once more very good roll on volume 4
Zyron Goh
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keep reading...

Some of the plot twists are surprising (nice!), while others are somewhat predictable. Generally, a good read, and the series is (finally!) growing on me! Onwards...
John Harris
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't put this series down.
Patrick Barnes
Sep 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Lost me

The talk of Shards of the one, being created by higher order intelligences, and nephilum overshadowed what should and could have been a pretty good action and futuristic espionage tale. Instead it finally turned into a very thinly veiled explanation of intelligent design theory and the historical truth contained in the Christian bible. If I wanted that, I could have checked out a Texas public school science textbook.

I couldn't bring myself to finish the book and will never find out how t
John Guthrie
steven haddock
Nov 28, 2017
Sean
Mar 27, 2018
  • Stellar Fox (Castle Federation #2)
  • Command Decisions (Empire of Bones Saga, #3)
  • Exodus: Empires at War #2 (Exodus: Empires at War #2)
  • The Merrimack Event (Shieldclads #1)
  • Iron & Blood (Expansion Wars Trilogy, #2)
  • Open Arms  (Hayden War Cycle, #7)
  • Shattered Worlds (Koban #4)
  • Strike Vector (Perilous Alliance, #2)
  • Ruins of Empire (Blood on the Stars, #3)
  • Orion Fleet (Rebel Fleet #2)
M.R. Forbes lives in the pacific northwest with his wife, a cat who thinks she's a dog, and a dog who thinks she's a cat. He eats way too many cookies and donuts.

Chaos of the Covenant (7 books)
  • Hell's Rejects (Chaos of the Covenant #1)
  • Fire and Brimstone (Chaos of the Covenant #2)
  • Kill the Queen! (Chaos of the Covenant #4)
  • Damned If You Don't (Chaos of the Covenant #5)
  • Good Intentions (Chaos of the Covenant, #6)
  • Queen of Demons (Chaos of the Covenant #7)
“History was filled with stories of desperate defenders surmounting impossible odds to save the things that were most important to them. She had every intention of adding theirs. “You’re” 0 likes