Start by marking “The Line” as Want to Read:
The Line

The Line

I was a thief.

The invisible girl only he could see.

The woman who wanted to be more.

He was the mark.

The extraordinary cowboy who stole my sixteen-year-old heart.

The damaged man who still owned it, even four years later.

The Line was where we began.

Where fates collided.

Where truths derailed.

The place where our love story ends.
Kindle Edition
Published May 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Line

Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
4.5 Time To Fly, Little Bird Stars

I was too cold.
Too hungry.
Too tired.
I couldn't afford to get off this line, no matter how much I wanted to.

photo allaboardthefeelstrain_zpsszyhnhfv.gif

🍑 Escaping abusive foster homes Everly had been on the streets or more accurately the train station for years until she met Momma Lou at a shelter.

She'd stopped on the sidewalk on her way into the building and stared at my seventeen-year-old self hard. Studying me. She pursed her lips, and I knew what she saw. I was so starved that I was practically ske
Kiki
God this book!
I cried at my office in lunch room! Not even ashamed of that!
The hero! He called himself an ass, but god, he was perfect.
WHY IS THIS BOOK FREE???!!!!!
I'll review this book once I sleep on it because right now I'm still sobbing!
Quick safety tip: there's a 4 year gap between meetings. Neither were celibate. Hero's engagement broke off about 3 months before they met again. HOWEVER, hero was not in love with his ex fiancée. He was NOT a manwhore and he DID believe in love. H and h had
Mandy Laliberte
May 09, 2017 Mandy Laliberte rated it it was amazing
OMG!! How do I begin. I know this isn't your typical review. I'm a book freak, I read everyday. Even when a book is part of a series, I have to read them all (sometimes they are really bad). I know, I'm a bit crazy. So, let me begin by saying I am so proud of this author of THE LINE, Amie Knight, My beautiful, funny, witty and extremely talented daughter. SEE THROUGH HEART was a great book and had pieces of my heart all through it, It was difficult for me to read, but THE LINE is phenomenal! I c ...more
Danielle
Apr 21, 2017 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal. Gorgeous. Review to come.
Bianca
May 25, 2017 Bianca rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and certainly not my last. Her words grabbed me from the first page. Her characters bewitched me. I needed to read more. I wanted to know their story. And I am so glad I did.

Everly Woods and Cole Briggs met one night. A night where just for a minute, Everly didn’t seem invisible. Someone saw her. A night where Cole saw a broken girl and had no idea that just one small kind action would change everything. Fast forward four years and fate brings them together
Joli
May 24, 2017 Joli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
rating 4.5 out of 5

THE LINE is a wonderful story about fate, love, and finding your truths.

There is a great amount of tenderness in THE LINE that made my heart both ache and feel full. It stirred my emotions and kept me reading well into the night. I just had to know what was going to happen between Everly and Cole.

What I loved:

*Getting the backstory of how Everly and Cole met - there was an authentic sadness that immediately made me want to read more and wish that Everly would receive her HEA
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
"Is this what happened when people loved you? They just accepted you the way you were? Flaws and all?

The Line by Amie Knight...dang girl..I really enjoyed reading this book!! This book will definitely give you the feels!!! And y'all, lets take a moment to enjoy this Hawt Cowboy on the front cover!!! Goodness, he is just perfect for our leading man!! : )

So this book is about Everly, who is homeless and she is broken. She finds herself on a train where she meets a brown-eyed, brown-haired man in
Red Cheeks Reads
May 22, 2017 Red Cheeks Reads rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

This is Amie Knight’s sophomore novel and, once again, she’s blown me away. Knight is quickly becoming known for not only her ability to tell a powerful and moving story, but also the captivating way in which she does it. Her words drew me in from the start, commanding my full attention as I took this incredible journey along with Cole and Everly.

A sexy, second-chance love story set against the sultry Southern backdrop of a Georgia peach farm, The Line landed a direct hit right to the
Tanya Baikie
May 17, 2017 Tanya Baikie rated it it was amazing
This is my first novel by author Amie Knight. And honestly, she has blown me away with this love story!!!

If you're looking for a book with all the feels, this is the story for you. Emotion pours off of each and every page. It has the perfect blend of sensuality, humor, and sweet romance. And I'm claiming Cowboy!!! He's mine ladies. Sorry not sorry.

Cole's caring, and protective nature just sucked me in, and then bam he opens his mouth in the bedroom and my knees go weak. The guy is bossy in the
ellieisuhm
May 11, 2017 ellieisuhm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amie-knight
Final Score - 5 Stars!

Amie Knight has done it again ... she is the queen of making me #UglyCry.

This book was an emotional, fabulous, and heartwarming story - I dare you not be effected by it's Southern charm and sass as well. The heroine, Everly, was bold, and strong and she's a rock-star to survive all that she has ... she completely stole the show for me and it's because of her strength that cried so hard and loved every minute of it.

The Line is about a young homeless girl and what she does t
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
"Welcome to The Line- where you will make enough memories to play for a lifetime."
A broken girl meets a selfless young man who willingly offers her a helping hand and fills her empty heart with so much warmth and love, she cherishes it for years to come. Healing and moving forward, she "bumps" into him again... only circumstances are reversed and it is he who needs to be healed now. An epic love story which is so full of goodness that you feel the sun warming your body and soul. No matter what y
Amor
May 10, 2017 Amor rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an early ARC copy of this book by Amie, and I have to sat that I stayed way past my bedtime reading this wonderful book. As an avid reader of romance, I love finding recommendations from fellow readers and blogs and was quickly added The Line to my TBR as I had read and thoroughly enjoyed Amie’s first book. Unlike most other cliché cowboy books, this one was a book filled with love and faith in kindness.

If you had nothing, what would you do to survive? Faced with the life of a runa
Deb Markanton
May 23, 2017 Deb Markanton rated it it was amazing
A gorgeous story that is so cleverly layered, designed, and beautifully written that I devoured it in one day. It will gut you in the best possible way, and teach you a thing or two about love, hope, determination, forgiveness, and family.
Happenstance may have introduced a homeless young girl and a compassionate cowboy, but destiny reunites them four years later in the most delicious of circumstances. Everly and Cole are the epitome of soulmates, and Amie Knight proves it with heart-wrenching p
Books and Boys Book Blog
May 17, 2017 Books and Boys Book Blog rated it it was amazing
*** ARC provided by author for an honest review ***

Beautiful Southern romance in The Line by Amie Knight.

Everly had a hard past, growing up homeless, on the streets just trying to make ends meet in her small town. When a chance encounter with Cole, a gorgeous and generous cowboy who provides her with shelter and food; she cherished those memories which helped her pass the hours and days though her struggles.

Fast forward years later; Everly now finds herself on a peach farm surrounded by kindre
Nicole Sullivan
A fabulous, heartwarming story. This book was filled with Southern charm and sass. The heroine, Everly, was bold, and strong. She completely stole the show for me.

The Line is about a young homeless girl and what she does to survive in rural, small town America. She's been victimized, but she's strong-willed and resilient.

Everly meets a man one night, and that encounter changes her life. He gives her food, shelter, a shoulder to lean on, even if it's just for a night, and Everly uses those memo
Sandra
May 16, 2017 Sandra rated it really liked it
I came across this author when she wrote her debut novel, See Through Heart, last year. Amie writes beautiful, heart-warming, Southern stories that will give you all the feels! Everly and Cole have an amazing connection that had spanned a couple of years. When they finally re-connect, the sparks fly! The loves scenes are super sexy and the plot will have you turning page after page!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
Let me start this review off by saying that if I could give it all the stars in the world, I would. It is that good. It is that exceptionally written. And it is that damn unforgettable. This book, this world, these characters, and what I got within the pages of this utterly consuming book was everything, and I truly can’t say that enough.

This book took me in its grasp, and didn’t let me go all the way through. It made me fall. It made me swoon something fierce. It had me beyond smitten with the
Louise Roach
May 19, 2017 Louise Roach rated it really liked it
What a really lovely read- it was different, original and full of surprises. I enjoyed the whole story line and all of the characters involved in this story.

This story was captivating and emotional. Everly has not had the best of upbringings, with much of her time spent scraping by. Finally she gets her break through and is heading to spend her Summer months working on a Peach Farm. There she encounters Cole... yet it's not the first time they've met!

Cole and Everly are both wonderful characters
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
This author knows how to unhinge my heart and rip emotions from it. As much as I loved her debut novel See Through Heart, this is my favorite work to date. I read it in one sitting because I simply couldn't put it down.

This is an incredible story of resiliciency and strength, of making something epic out of the most humble beginnings, of how kindness really does change the world! Everly was a world-class heroine that every little girl from difficult circumstances can look up to. Yes, she did so
Becky Rendon
May 10, 2017 Becky Rendon rated it it was amazing
The Line- sorry, wiping tears away. Amie Knight has reduced me to a puddle again. I'm not sure why I was so eager to get my greedy hands on this book...(that's a total lie).

Amie Knight surprised me with her debut novel See Through Heart. She floored me, took my heart, and will forever have a piece of it. So when a friend said she signed up for the arc but didn't remember doing it- I launched my grabby hands in the air and proclaimed it mine. (It seriously was a grade school me, me, me it's mine
Tracy *The Wandering Bookaholic* Lawson
4 stars, This was a lovely story about when life shits on you, you deal with it as best as you can!

Everly homeless and starving meets a kind stranger on a train one night and his kindness knows no bounds but Everly she doesn't know what to make if his kindness as she's not known any before so she does what she always does and slips of into the night with his wallet!!

Roll on 4 years and she's finally found a little kindness from someone and has her life on track so she accepts a summer job on a p
The Book Fairy Reviews
May 18, 2017 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
Abandoned as a baby Everly had spent her life living on and off the train line where she was abandoned. Invisible to all, until one day a cowboy sees her and tries to help her, only for her to betray him after. years later Brooks is a broken man, with hate in his heart from betrayal , she comes back into his life and light it up like a ray of sunshine.
Secrets from the past threaten their happiness and Everly must come to terms with them all.
Brooks and Everly have a story that is heart breaking,
Colleen Mc (The Book Lover)
Amie Knight knows just how to hit you with the feels! The Line is packed with emotion, it’s heart-warming and beautifully written. I devoured page after page and was completely consumed by this touching story.

Cole and Everly met by chance one day on the line and fate has their paths crossing again four years later. Cole is a caring and sweet southern gentleman, a protective and sexy cowboy. He is a total swoon worthy hero, he’ll make your ovaries ache! Everly, is a brave, strong, sassy and kind
Christy
May 18, 2017 Christy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2017-5-star

This book hits you in all the feels. All of them.

Full of secrets, intrigue, and surprises, The Line will surprise you with it's deep emotions and completely relatable story.

Everly and Cole have a tangible chemistry. Their past, their insecurities, their obvious attraction, everything literally pops off the page.

I absolutely loved this book. I stayed up way past my bed time to finish it. I literally refused to put it down until I had read every single word.

I'm looking forward to more from thi
Charlene Petryshyn
May 14, 2017 Charlene Petryshyn rated it it was amazing
I was immediately addicted to this story! I was completely caught up in Everly's sad and heartbreaking past, her first meeting with Cole and then their present day reacquaintance. He wasn't the same man she remembered him to be and she needed to prove that she wasn't the same girl he remembered her to be. Cole turned into the "wooingest damn cowboy around" and Everly blossomed under the love she received from everyone. Amie Knight has given me a whole new perspective on eating peaches...who knew ...more
Vicki
May 10, 2017 Vicki rated it it was amazing
5 play me a memory stars.

This book has stole my heart, my breath and my soul, from the first pages this book grabs hold of your emotions and shakes them, the prologue tugging on your heart strings, stirring the emotions, transporting you to that time and place, the words touching your soul.

Cole and Everly share a bond that stems from the darkest time in Everly life, a time she wants to forget, a place she doesn't want to be in but a face she cannot forget. Her cowboy.

Cole.... now he's a cowbo
Renee Mccleary
May 10, 2017 Renee Mccleary rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I fell in love with this beautiful love story. Such a unique story and written beautifully. Everly and Cole were perfect together and had such a strong connection and amazing chemistry. Everly was not dealt the best hand in life but she is strong and has one of the best personalities, I loved her. Cole is a gorgeous, loving and protective cowboy and there was no way I couldn't help but fall in love with him. This book had me captivated from the beginning!! The anticipation of what was goin ...more
MirandaRCR
May 10, 2017 MirandaRCR rated it it was amazing
WOW! What can I say. The Line is one of the best most developed novels I have read this year. Amie Knight is a relative newbie to the author scene with this being just her second novel but she has already shown great growth and a natural story telling ability. The Line was so much more than I could have anticipated. It was funny, dramatic, intensely sexy and I fell completely for the characters. In just two books Amie Knight has shown why she is an author to watch out for. I predict amazing thin ...more
Erin
Apr 20, 2017 Erin rated it it was amazing
Perfection!!! I'm in love with this beautiful story!

**full review to come**
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
I have to admit that I wasn't grabbed by the blurb, I wasn't sure what to expect so I had to trust in this new to me author and the story line. Luckily, I found this beautiful slow tease of a story worth of my reading time. In The Line the author Amie Knight gives us a story about a young woman who has grown up on the streets and she finds that the train line/station is her fall back to place and it's also the place that her life will change forever.

Everly is sixteen, homeless and hungry, she is
« previous 1 3 next »
Contemporary Romance Author
More about Amie Knight...