Start by marking “Manhunt (Michael Bennett, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
Manhunt (Michael Bennett, #10.5)

Manhunt

(Michael Bennett #10.5)

Michael Bennett, be grateful you're alive.

Someone attacked the Thanksgiving Day Parade directly in front of Michael Bennett and his family. The television news called it "holiday terror"--Michael Bennett calls it personal. The hunt is on....
Published November 7th 2017 by BookShots

To ask other readers questions about Manhunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Manhunt

Matt
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookshots
While BookShots can be a real gamble, it’s sure money when James Patterson and James O. Born team up and offer a new instalment to the Michael Bennett series. As is their annual tradition, the Bennetts are preparing for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Eager to secure a decent spot, they leave before dawn and take in all the festivities along the streets of New York. When, during the middle of the parade, Detective Bennett notices a vehicle crashing through the parade route, he arms himself f ...more
Stacey
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Oh, Michael Bennett <3 For a Bookshot, I thought this was a satisfying read even though it was a very condensed novel! It has the thrill, suspense, and all the kids in an afternoon read.
Brenda
Detective Inspector Michael Bennett had a rare day off and attended the Thanksgiving Day Parade with Mary Catherine and his children. But the terrorist attack which occurred right in front of his family left everyone in shock – Michael’s chase of the suspect was an immediate reaction to the carnage. With the hunt on and the combination of agencies working together, the hope was to find the perpetrator quickly. But would they? Could they?

Manhunt is #10.5 in the Michael Bennett series by James Patterson
Suzanne
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

My first take was that these little BookShots are great fixes to get a reader through to the next book. However, now that I have binged read the Mike B. books for the most part, the BookShots books on this series are nothing but the equivalent of dangling a chocolate Crunch bar in front me on a stressful day.

I need more Michael Bennett books. The Mike B (Go Seahawks!) series is by far my favorite James Patterson co-authored series. In this short book, Mike B. witnesse
Linda Strong
Michael Bennett and his entire family, except for Brian, are positioned on the streets of New York to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

What happens next is something that, sadly, we're seeing way too much of as "Breaking News". A truck plows through as many people as possible, killing several before coming to a stop. When he gets out of his truck, he yells, and then detonates a bomb.

Michael takes it personally .....

This is one of this author's short stories (
Jenny
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, mystery, thriller
Manhunt is book 10.5 of Michael Bennett series by James Patterson. Michael Bennett took his family to the local Thanksgiving parade when his law enforcement training step in when a Ford step-van truck barreled down on the spectators. After Michael Bennett save his daughter Shawna, he organises the law enforcement officers looking after the parade and then started to chase the truck driver. The readers of Manhunt will continue to follow Michael Bennett investigation to find the truck driver and t ...more
Wendy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I usually always enjoy the Michael Bennett series. I love reading about his huge family. This book just didn't hit home like the others. It didn't seem to end right, it was abrupt and kind of dull.
Miloš
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Fast and enjoyable read. 😀
Laura Rash
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This started out with a rocket start but slowly dribbled down to a dull, flat ending.
Emily
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A decent story, but I'm just not a big fan of the Bookshots format, I guess. There's just not a lot of depth to them because of the short length, and they're pretty predictable. Still, it held my interest, though with many interruptions as I haven't had time to read much in the past few days. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I'd actually sat and read it in one "shot". :)
William
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Immature narration and this will be my last Michael Bennett, if not James Patterson.
Book Addict Shaun
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
James Patterson’s Michael Bennett series is one of my favourites of his. Along with the Women’s Murder Club they are by far the best co-written books that he releases. That said, I am a few books behind and reading Manhunt was my first experience of Michael Bennett being written by James O Born.

The planning for the co-written stories intrigues me. I remember reading somewhere that Patterson comes up with the ideas and the co-author writes the stories but does a new author coming in to a series
Mike Kennedy
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: james-patterson
Novella involving Michael Bennett. Bennett takes his family to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. As they are watching a van bursts into the parade and the terrorist jumps out then exploding a bomb in the back. Bennett spends the rest of the novella chasing down the suspect on an FBI Taskforce along with an observer from the Russian Embassy. Not bad for a short novella, keeping with my theory that many of Patterson’s book fit better into this size.
Donna Lewis
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I am a softy when it comes to reading a book when I have said many times that I am no longer interested in reading this particular genre. So it is with Patterson’s Michael Bennett books. And this wasn’t even a real book. It was something called a “book shot!” In other words, a short story. I do like reading about NYC, but, my instincts are to stop with the book shots...
Tiffany PSquared
Suspenseful, action-packed and written well enough to keep you guessing. Manhunt is a great addition to the Michael Bennett saga.
Wendy Venza
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mahoghani 23
There had to be one quick and easy book in the group. A terrorist attack at the Thanksgiving Day parade? Right in front of Detective Micheal Bennett and his family? Let the book began. It’s fast paced and action but this one doesn’t compare to a lot of the others. It feels it was written quickly and the author was brain fried trying to complete it.
Jennie  Veazey
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have completed the series! James Patterson please come out with a new Michael Bennett book soon! Love his books, and the audible version was awesome.
Carol
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very enjoyable read. Patterson is using his Bookshot format, and this one follows that format. Not my favorite but it is good if you want a quick read. In addition to Michael Bennett, I like Alex Cross and the Women's Murder Club. Some of my favorite reading. Bennett is engaged to Mary Elizabeth from Ireland (my favorite country) and 9 (nine) adopted children he and his first wife adopted before she was killed. Can't forget Grandpa, he's a delightful character too, love them all.
Michele A.
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
The beginning of this book was exciting and I was looking forward to an action packed read. The book then wound down to an almost dribble of excitement by the end. When it's so short, it's hard to fathom why it didn't maintain the action throughout. Michael Bennett is always entertaining and his family and him being caught in a Thanksgiving Day Parade bomb plot should have been a no-brainer. I did enjoy parts of this book but found myself wondering why it dragged in parts. Overall an okay read b ...more
Ginger
I picked this up from the library for a few reasons: I enjoy this series, I'm trying to stay current on the Michael Bennett series, I knew it would be a quick read, and I needed something to read while waiting for my "holds" to arrive.

It started off so strong and then went completely and utterly downhill! Ugh! Very disappointed.
In fact, I'm so disappointed, I'm canceling my hold at the library for the next one in the series.
I think I may have to give up the Michael Bennett boo
Jennie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the first Bookshots book that I had read. It is a very small paperback book written by James Patterson. These books are always under 150 pages and cost less than $5.00. This was a quick read about Michael Bennett who is a NYC policeman. He is the main character in many of James Patterson's books. He is the father of 10 children, he has a fiancé and his father is a priest. This book was about a terrorist attack during a Thanksgiving Day parade. Michael is assigned to the FBI and a Russia ...more
Darlene
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short book was included at the end of Ambush. Very good quick read. It continued where Ambush left off, the story was not a continuation of Ambush but it picks up where the lovable family left off. Well worth the read, only 111 pages, but a very good addition to the Bennett series.
Melenia
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookshots, audio-book
A good read.
Liz
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
A short story (and therefore a very quick read) featuring Michael Bennett. The beginning was very powerful and sadly, very topical. I liked the interaction between the characters too.
Amber Garabrandt
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I decided to add my review to this book with three other Patterson novels in a read-a-thon post on my blog, https://garabrandtreviews.wordpress.com/.
Fran
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of James Patterson's BookShots I've tried, and with my favorite character. Loved it, though the ending wasn't as neatly wrapped as I would have wanted. But maybe that where Patterson's 'Ambush picks up next in the Michael Bennett series?
Steve
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started off with a bang and ended with a blank.
Barbara Schultz
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookshot
This was one of JP’s Book Shot novels. I like Michael Bennett and his family. Not one of his best but it was quick read

Penny Evenson
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Someone attacked the Thanksgiving Day Parade directly in front of Michael Bennett and his family. The television news called it "holiday terror"-Michael Bennett calls it personal. The hunt is on . . .

As usual a great quick read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Wedding in Maine
  • Brought In Dead (Nick Miller #2)
  • Crispy Critters
  • The Case of Jennie Brice
  • Endgame (Agent 21, #6)
  • That Affair Next Door
  • The New Patrol (Liam Scott, #2)
  • The War of the Worlds Murder (Disaster Series, #6)
  • Sabotage (Under Covers #2)
  • The Big Bang
  • Bitter Frost (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #1)
  • The Grey Woman
  • The Shelter (A Short Story)
  • Dogfight (Special Operations, #1)
  • So Nude, So Dead
  • Harlem Summer
  • Cut Me In
  • Edgar and the Tattle-Tale Heart: A BabyLit® Book: Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart"
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cro

Michael Bennett (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Step on a Crack (Michael Bennett, #1)
  • Run for Your Life (Michael Bennett, #2)
  • Worst Case (Michael Bennett, #3)
  • Tick Tock (Michael Bennett, #4)
  • I, Michael Bennett (Michael Bennett, #5)
  • Gone (Michael Bennett, #6)
  • Burn (Michael Bennett, #7)
  • Alert (Michael Bennett, #8)
  • Bullseye (Michael Bennett, #9)
  • Chase (Michael Bennett, #9.5)
“Darya looked bored, but stood up and gathered her things. Santos said, “Pretty exciting, huh? Your first interviews on a major terror investigation.” I mumbled, “Yeah. Our first interviews. Exciting.” I could barely meet Darya’s eyes. She had a wide grin, but Santos was too wrapped up in his own world to notice. The first stop we made was in lower Manhattan near the NYU campus, a small deli on University Place. It was still early and the place was nearly empty. I caught up to Dan, who was walking pretty fast from the car, and said, “Are you hungry? What would this deli have to offer us for the case?” “It’s not the deli, but who’s working there.” He pulled a photograph of a young man with a dark complexion and short-cropped,” 0 likes
“rough, cheap carpet, a lesson in physics and friction. I couldn’t tell how many shooters were left inside the” 0 likes