Start by marking “Schifflebein's Folly” as Want to Read:
Schifflebein's Folly

Read Book* *Different edition

Schifflebein's Folly

Alternate Cover Edition
He's a tall, burly carpenter who will be a great mother someday, with a little unexpected supernatural help.

Lloyd has reached the age of 32 years, seven months, four days, and six hours without finding Miss Right and converting her into Mrs. Lloyd Schifflebein. Yes, Schifflebein. A name that is unromantic, unspellable, and way too long for signing
ebook, Alternate Cover Edition, 198 pages
Published April 10th 2017 (first published May 3rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Schifflebein's Folly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Schifflebein's Folly

Start your review of Schifflebein's Folly
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I delightful story. Perfect for a rainy day or anytime you need a pick-me-up.
Nico Genes
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Humorous, heart-touching story.

Oh goodness, what a sweet story!

This was one of the cutest, funniest, heart-warming story I have ever read. The author’s easiness to write humorous lines is amazing, but I have to admit that the story brought also tears to my eyes at times. Despite the paranormal touch of the teapot talking and cooking tea by itself, I would love to see that Lloyd exists in real life. His past made him determined to adopt and take care of six young-children. He prepared all his
Phyllis Entis
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if your teapot offered you a cup of tea?

Iris Chacon has created a delightful piece of brain candy. Just the thing for a bedtime read, and guaranteed to give you sweet dreams. How do I know? My teapot tells me so!

I received a free download of this book with the option of posting an honest opinion.
Maggie
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Schifflebein's Folly is an utterly charming, life-affirming morality tale. If you need an escape from the news and the state of the world, this is it. Curl up with a cup of tea and your cat, dog, or … bunny!
Tris
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books that pull you ito its story right away and this is definitely one of those books. A charming read <3
Billy Buttons
This book was recently entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:

Title: Schifflebein’s Folly

Style: 9/10
Content: 9/10
Cover: 0/10
Of the 15 readers:
9 would read another book by this author.
0 thought the cover was good or excellent.
12 felt the blurb, although well written and interesting, was way too long and basically gave away most of the plot.
7 thought the humour was the best part of the
Norma
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
( Format : Audiobook )
"It ain't over till the tea-kettle sings."
This whimsical story is sheer delight.
Pity the synopsis is so long: best to come into it totally unaware.
It's a life affirming but totally daffy story with characters who deserve to leap straight into a film, stepping from a black and white to Technicolor screen.
This story took me totally by surprise.

Without an excellent narrator, much of the book's magic might have been lost. But Jenny Hoops was superb, voicing her characters with
Amy Reade
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!

I don't usually read anything that has a hint of the supernatural, but my experience reading another of Iris Chacon's books convinced me that this one would probably be very good.

This book was not just very good--it was absolutely fabulous. I was sorry when it ended. The characters are well-drawn, the conflicts real and serious, and the plot paced perfectly. I laughed out loud at some of the dialogue and there were a few places that made me want to cry. In summary, a great
Jan
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, suspense, tea, children
A fairy tale, a morality tale, and an outstanding read! I am so glad that I picked this one out of my too tall TBR pile! An excellent read for the overwhelmed, disenchanted, and those suffering from the weather. The publisher's blurb leaves nothing else for me to say about this one unless I stoop to spoilers, so grab a copy and make your day!
I liked it so much that I got the audio and I'm so glad I did! Jenny Hoops manages to make this fun story even better!
Melissa Levine
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jena Henry
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Creative, whimsical, humorous, with a touch of magical realism and a large helping of heart! An enchanting read that will leave you feeling hopeful, positive and ready to love the world. Lloyd Schifflebein may seem crazy to some, but he is sweet, sincere and thoughtful. With the help of the Potter and a magical being named "Orkney", plus a shrieking teapot, Schifflebein's kind and careful plans for his life all come true. Along the way, he touches other lives, which give us more characters to ...more
kittykat
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-read
2.5 stars. Lovely novella (approx 100 pages), interesting premise but downgraded for a handful of issues TBC, else this would have been a 4 star read for me. However, I will still try this author again.
Anita NotherBook
A self-published book I read as part of #IndieApril (that I seem to keep going all year long) that is well-written, creative, unique and interesting.

It's been a while since I was a literature major in undergrad but I think its genre would be magical realism or fantasy set in the real world. (?)

It follows Floyd, a man who wants to adopt 6 kids. He also builds playgrounds and loves bunnies. Yes, bunny rabbits. And he's the surprised recipient of a talking teapot that he can't seem to get rid of.
Kay
Dec 07, 2017
Kimberley
Aug 17, 2019
Iris Chacon
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Carol Hockenbery
Judy  Lujan
Jacque Fowler
Lauri
Oct 15, 2019

• The Edge of Temptation (The Edge Series, #1)
  • The Wrong Kind of Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor, #1)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • Memoirs of a Time Traveler: Time Amazon - Book 1
  • Fallen Palm (Jesse McDermitt Caribbean Adventure, #2)
  • Murder in the Mansion (Witches of Keyhole Lake Book 10)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Portland Devils, #1)
  • Gargoyle Huntress (Harlow's Demons #1)
  • Spellcaster Academy: The Dark Curse, Episode 2
  • Spellcaster Academy: Fire & Lightning, Episode 3
  • The Christmas Eve Letter: A Time Travel Novel
  • Forceful Intent (Porter, #1)
  • Juan's Revenge (Jeb & Zach, #3)
  • Glock Grannies Cozy Mystery Boxed Set: Books 1 - 3
  • Peril in Paxton Park (A Paxton Park Mystery Book 1)
  • Wild Irish Heart (Mystic Cove, #1)
  • Ice (Mark Kane Mysteries #2)
  • Heir to the Sundered Crown (The Sundered Crown Saga #1)
Iris Chacon is like a trip to sunny Florida, from the horse country of Ocala to the playgrounds and beaches of Pensacola, Orlando, Miami, Key West and all points in between.

Good, clean, fun is the Chacon mantra, whether on white sandy beaches, on theme park thrill rides, or on the pages of a novel. A good book is a vacation for the mind and spirit, and Iris loves vacationing with quirky characters