Start by marking “The Everlasting, Vol. 1: Eye of the Wise: An Original English Light Novel” as Want to Read:
The Everlasting, Vol. 1: Eye of the Wise: An Original English Light Novel

The Everlasting, Vol. 1: Eye of the Wise: An Original English Light Novel

The Everlasting—a title given to those who’ve reached a state closest to godhood. This honor is a dream to all novice mages and warriors.

After the Age of War ended, the majestic city of Alsa was one of the few cities that remained. In that city lies the best school of magic, Albion, an academic school that has educated the strongest leaders of the current age.

Our story b
Published April 18th 2017 by Vic's Lab, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Everlasting, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everlasting, Vol. 1

Tarl
I picked this book up because of an interest in OELN (Original English Light Novels) and was curious as to how this one would feel alongside its Japanese contemporaries.

The Everlasting is a generally uninspiring novel at the end of the day. Most of the characters felt two dimensional and uninteresting, certain scenes played no part in the overall story, and the protagonist came across as very passive, letting the plot push him rather than vice-versa.

Speaking of the protagonist, he is a few hai
Sekina
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not the kind of person who enjoys reading a fantasy novel. But I do enjoy the storyline since the story is interesting. And I love the fact that Biako takes the time to explain how their magic mechanism works in a simple manner.

While the book does give you the fantasy feeling the same as any other novel, it also contains the usual anime trope that you can find in the anime and manga. Well, it's expected that a book like this will have the anime trope. But luckily it's not that many. If you d
Tuna
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Everlasting is an interesting mix of magical fantasy with modern school life aspects. Our lead character, Asura, transfers into a magical high school on the eve before the schools massive battle ranking affair. An antagonist infiltrates on this day and chaos immediately ensues. The cover image is soon brought up and we're done. Overall this on the surface, while not being something that is innovating the medium or acting like a game changer, managed to satisfactorily hit ever checkbox for th ...more
Byakugan Amr
Apr 22, 2017
Reid Kemper
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy anime fans
I know the author through Vic's Lab, which published both of our books. I hardly ever read fantasy because I'm a scifi guy, but Biako had asked me to read it, so I gave it a try. (Although I stick to sci-fi reading, I do enjoy fantasy anime, martial arts movies, and JRPGs, so it wasn't that difficult for me to get out of my scifi comfort zone to read this).

To be honest, although I rarely read fantasy, I really enjoyed The Everlasting. It’s about a teenage guy who uses warrior arts and is transfe
Brian Frentz