Jump to ratings and reviews
Ramsey St. Claire can’t understand the pull he has to visit The Boardwalk Bakery - that is until he actually goes inside and meets the quirky, timid bakery owner, Gianna Jacobsen. There’s an instant...‘something’. Not love, though. He doesn’t believe in love at first sight. But there is...‘something’. Since recently taking a sabbatical from work, he has all the time in the world to figure out what that ‘something’ is.

******
The Boardwalk Bakery Romance is a three-part continuation series.

Book 1 - Baked With Love

Loading interface...

About the author

Tina Martin

123 books219 followers
TINA MARTIN is a talented, romantic suspense fiction writer and the author of over 90 titles. She enjoys Hallmark movies, running and traveling.

Amazon: amazon.com/author/tinamartin
Instagram: instagram.com/tinamartinauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/tinamartinauthor

Her books are listed below:

An Unlikely Love Series
Zander
Zavier
St. Claire Life Series
Honeymoon With A St. Claire
Just Being Us (Prequel to Zander)
Keep That Same Energy (Zander & Alyssa Update
When A Champion Wants You
The Best Thing He Never Knew He Needed
Wives And Champions
The Way Champions Love
His By Spring (A Champion Sister Novel)
A Champion's Proposal
Snowed in at Shenandoah Valley

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (<1%)
1 star
3 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 56 reviews
Profile Image for Kameel.
741 reviews73 followers
July 22, 2021
⭐️⭐️⭐️(3.5) Stars

To my surprise, this is actually a cute story…I think what I gravitated towards first is the love and commitment from the older sister Gianna to her younger sister Gemma. I really love how devoted to Gemma Gianna is and I also love how giving she is overall as a person. Ramsey witnesses her devotion and giving spirit and he’s attracted to that. He’s attracted to her heart. That’s exactly what I love about this story. I’m totally invested and I can’t wait to see what happens in the remaining series. I think this narrator did a good job; however, she really needs to work on her male voice and it’s delivery.
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.4k reviews4 followers
Want to read
March 10, 2019
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/10/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Profile Image for HR-ML.
1,056 reviews37 followers
July 23, 2019
This romance had me reading into the night. The couple
shared 1 hug only. Their story was carried over 3 books.
Normally this would be a turn-off, but not this time.

This featured African-American characters. Gianna &
Gemma were sisters whose mom came & went from their
lives, until she just stayed away. They did not know their
dads. Gianna, 9 yrs her senior, gave up her life for Gemma.
(Neighbors did not report these girls lived alone). Gianna
never dated, never had a boyfriend. Gianna worked 6 days
a week at her bakery, then served as caregiver for 19 yr old
Gemma, who had cancer, & was not expected to live. Gianna
had anxiety attacks & social anxiety. She faced unpaid bills,
& possible foreclosure on their home. And she dearly loved
Gemma.

Tall, gorgeous, wealthy Ramsey & Gianna had an awkward
meet at her bakery. He was an architect who owned a firm
which employed his 3 brothers. He didn't approve of her
poor customer service. Yet he felt drawn to this shy, blunt,
witty woman. But she had underlying sadness : why? Many
women he met had fake: nails, hair, and/or boobs & wanted
him for his money or his looks or both. Gia didn't want to
know him & told him to stop bothering and intimidating her.

Gradually Ram tried to know Gianna. He took Gia out to a
fancy Italian restaurant & she thought the date a fiasco. She
had no time for a man anyway. Ram, normally an aggressive
businessman, was so gentle & respectful of skittish Gia. She
made her unhappiness known when he made decisions for
her. Where did they go from here? Ram took some uncalled
for actions, (the only glitch in the story) & he'll face the
music in book 2? But this was a sweet story.
Profile Image for Annette Williams.
796 reviews109 followers
Read
August 3, 2021
DNF 20%

I knew I should've followed my first mind and not buy this book. Baked With Love was ridiculously corny. There was absolutely nothing enjoyable about it and it was boring. Honestly, I'm shocked at all of the 5-star reviews. This is what y'all like?!!! Gianna was horrible. She was just as immature as her sister Gemma was. The narrator was horrible which was surprising because, she wasn't that bad in the author's first two audiobooks. But, her performance in this book was unbearable. Baked With Love is going to be the last book by Tina Martin I buy. Her storylines are entirely too soft and they just aren't on the level of what I like from a black author.
Profile Image for MidnightAce.
189 reviews
February 4, 2018
This was my first read by this author and I fell in love the characters, I enjoy reading books that have a strong family dynamic and I got that with both the hero and heroine.

Ramsey was programmed to think that his heart had been buried along with the person he previously promised it to, but on this one fateful day he found an overwhelming feeling to break his normal routine and visit the Broadway bakery where he meets owner and baker Gianna Jacobsen. He is certain that their meeting was meant to be but, couldn’t understand why all of sudden the suppressed emotions are starting to unleash.

Gianna is becoming dangerously close to a breaking point with all the weight on her shoulders, caring for a terminal ill sister(daughter), bankrupting business and mountain of bills without a way to pay. So, when Ramsey presents his alpha male presence and his iron fist pursue of her, she was not likely to trust that what he was proposing was all real.

As it turns out completely opening up and loving each other proves to be the beginning of healing process for them both.

This is one you will enjoy and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Gemma and Royal.
Profile Image for K..
Author 4 books1 follower
February 4, 2018
Surely, I missed something. This book was rated 4+ stars. I would give it 1.5, definitely no more than 2 stars and that would be generous. The storyline is ridiculous. The ending is annoying and there are so many grammatical error and typos that I wonder if it was proofread. Gemma is flaky and Ramsey is so pretentious it's ludicrous. Ramsey, Romulus, Royal and Regal- who would name their children that? It's just ridiculous. After finding out Gemma's story, Ramsey wants to have her sign a marriage contract, not because he loves her or even thinks he ever could (because he's not into love) but just out of the blue because he decides he wants to pay her bills. He threatens her best friend, who just so happens to own a matchmaker service with legal action if she doesn't convince Gemma to marry him in under a week. And, the best friend agrees. What??? Of course, Ramsey is powerful, wealthy, tall, dark and handsome and Gemma is a weak woman who needs a man to save her. Seriously, I am ashamed that I read this and I want my time back. Good thing it was a short read.
634 reviews
March 2, 2019
Ramsey St. Claire (St. Claire Architectural Firm) can’t understand the pull he has to visit The Boardwalk Bakery, he doesn’t even like sweets - that is until he actually goes inside and meets the quirky, timid (bakery owner), Gianna Jacobsen. There’s an instant...‘something’. Not love, though. He doesn’t believe in love at first sight especially since he lost his true love 15 years ago. But there is...‘something’. Since recently taking a sabbatical from work, he has all the time in the world to figure out what that ‘something’ is. When he starts to peel back the layers of Gianna, he quickly becomes addicted to more than just her delicious, mouth-watering cupcakes. He wants to know her in ways he never thought he wanted to know a woman again. And Ramsey St. Claire always gets what he wants. So he makes demands from the owner of the service he signed up for Wedded Bliss; he wants Gianna for a wife.

Makes you laugh and cry
Profile Image for Maia Dawn.
130 reviews2 followers
December 4, 2021
The story was fine.
The characters were fine.
No one and nothing was really memorable in this story. I thought it was rather odd that supposedly the male lead Ramsey St. Claire is supposed to be this uber-rich guy but you don't know it until almost the end of the book. The female lead Gianna Jacobsen was simply too good to be true, making the entire story just a little too saccharine for me to be truly enjoyable.
If you like super sweet romances with a Christain flair, then this series is for you.
30 reviews1 follower
May 3, 2018
Oh My Soul....

I probably smiled throughout most of this book. It's been sooo long sense I've been able to read a romance novel without getting bored put of my mind. I'm in awe that Tina Martin was able to pull off such an anxious, nervous, strange heroine but not only did she pull it off, I actually LIKED Gianna. I get what Ramsey meant when he said he'd usually be annoyed with someone like her. Loved this book and I'm so ready to dive into book 2!
Profile Image for Lisa.
1,245 reviews9 followers
March 1, 2019
A mutual attraction!

Poor Gianna has been her sister Gemma's world all her life. Life has thrown them a curveball but Ramsey St Clair happens to be drawn by a force he can't explain and he believes it's why he wondered into Gianna's bakery early one morning. This is a very good start to this series and I look forward to completing it. Will this change all of their lives, only time will tell!
217 reviews11 followers
February 6, 2022
Okay

I came into this knowing it was book 1 of 3 (but really 4, because they have a book in the St. Claire series too). I don't like the pacing, just from this one book, there could have been more added to this book without incidence. That being said...
I'm enjoying this storyline. I'm not sold completely on Ramsey but I do love how compassionate he is with Gianna. I'm not so sold on her "inexperienced/ditzyness" either.
Profile Image for Irie❤Life.
36 reviews13 followers
June 4, 2022
Weird h

DNF forewarning. I could not get past the writing of this heroine. She’s just weird. Almost like the author was trying to write quirky but failed. I love a quirky heroine, even a quirky, clumsy heroine, but this one was a ghost of one trying too hard. I won’t give any spoilers, but I couldn’t connect with her so couldn’t force myself to keep reading. The premise was there though.
342 reviews5 followers
June 27, 2018
I relate to Gianna on so many levels! Her weirdness cracks me up! I really enjoyed the first part of Gianna and Ramsey's love story. Super cute beginning and I'm so excited about part two. I'm also looking forward to reading about Ramsey's brothers too!

I laughed out loud so many times while reading this cute story!
Profile Image for Shone.
1,021 reviews17 followers
September 22, 2018
When you have given up your life for a love one how do you grip the fact an angle has come to your rescue. Well written with characters with a touch a humor This was my first read by this author looking forward to reading more of her work. I am excited to read book two and three in this series.

#CillasBookManiacs
October 30, 2021
A connection of the heart

I truly enjoyed reading this book and I am looking forward to reading the next in the series. Finding a connection with a person that is beyond surface deep is amazing. Ramsey is so in awe of Gianna and she doesn't even know it yet. Tina you have written a great book!
55 reviews
March 4, 2022
Opposite Attraction

Gianna and Ramsey were polar opposites in life. He from a loving family, she from absentee parents but their plight of love for someone other than each other brought them together. Sacrifice is one of the purest forms of love and they both showed it. An unusual and unplanned draw brought them together. Will it be enough to keep them together?
Profile Image for Jennifer Copeland.
1,682 reviews23 followers
March 17, 2020
Fantastic Book

I enjoyed reading this book so much! I couldn't put my kindle down! This is the first time reading a book by Tina Martin and she didn't disappoint me at all! So looking forward to reading more about Gianna and Ramsey! Such a fantastic book!
Profile Image for Tigger.
1,139 reviews1 follower
March 23, 2020
I really enjoy how she writes the story. Will be reading all three of the books.
Reading is what I love to do and now that I am in a state that has us on "stay at home" due to the coronavirus, glad that I found another author to read.
831 reviews1 follower
April 10, 2020
This book had me laughing and crying.

In royal book, Gemma didn’t know how to drive but in this book she’s driven herself to the hospital. Wonder why that fact was changed.

I liked everything except the part where Ramsey went to felicity and try to demand she hook him up with Gianna
Profile Image for Beverly.
584 reviews2 followers
November 22, 2020
So Sweet

I loved this story I laughed out loud and almost wanted to cry .
I can hardly wait to see how things are going to work out for
“Picky RSC “AND “CUPCAKE “. My only disappointment was the abrupt ending also known as the cliffhanger
82 reviews1 follower
December 24, 2020
Excellent Series!!!
What a wonderful love story. Ramsey was bae. From the moment he saw Gianna, he knew she was it for him. He did not give up on her. Although it took a while for him to admit that he was in love with her, his actions said it all.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Ava Smith-forrest.
643 reviews2 followers
May 31, 2017
Heart warming

This for me was one of the very best I've read. I've read other Tina Martin books but this one has made me saying Tina Tina Tina!
I have book 2 and waiting on book 3.
Profile Image for LaToya Brooks.
2,203 reviews1 follower
July 30, 2017
Very good!

This was my 1st book by this author and she definitely didn't disappoint. I liked how dominant Ramsey was and how shy Gianna was. Immediately downloading part 2.
Profile Image for Donna Scoggins.
489 reviews
May 9, 2018
This is a wonderful introduction to Gianna, Ramsey, Gemma, the bakery, and delicious cupcakes. A story of love, loss, compassion, and caregiving that will have you hooked.
June 16, 2018

Excellent! One of the best books I've had the pleasure to read. I own all three books and love them all.
Profile Image for Tikia.
315 reviews
August 27, 2018
Great Read

I hope Gianna will accept Ramsey's help with her own conditions to the agreement. Hopefully with his money Gemma can get better treatment and beat cancer.
Profile Image for Rebecca.
883 reviews12 followers
February 24, 2019

On my this is so good. I can't wait to read the next book. Gianna is so sweet. Ramsey is so manly. They will make the cutest couple. I would highly recommend this book.
Profile Image for Juanita.
256 reviews7 followers
April 7, 2019
I enjoy reading Ramsey and Gianna beginning. Happy to how this story will end.
Profile Image for Jennifer Hill.
507 reviews
April 8, 2019
I'm torn on this book. I hated the cliffhanger ending, right when it started getting good. I also feel like the personalities of the main characters keep changing, specifically the way they speak.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 56 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.