Start by marking “Brutal (A Real Man #11)” as Want to Read:
Brutal (A Real Man #11)

Brutal

(A Real Man #11)

He’s loved her his entire life.

AXEL

She’s my best friend, my everything.

She’s been the girl I’ve loved since I knew what that meant.

I box—fight bloody—for a living, and at every fight she’s there, cheering me on, being mine whether she knows it or not.
I’ve never been with a woman because for me she’s it. Roxie is the only one I’ll ever want.

Enough time has passed
Published April 8th 2017 by Jenika Snow

To ask other readers questions about Brutal, please sign up.
Jenika Snow Hi there! No pre-order, unfortunately, but it should be up for sale early April :)

Start your review of Brutal (A Real Man #11)
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Though the title "Brutal" is a tribute to Axel's profession as a fighter, there really isn't anything brutal about this story. It's a burst of sweetness where besties love one another and finally get the courage to speak up. The plot seems to be centered on the moment of their confession and less on the build up. There isn't much in the way of development of the characters, but this snippet of Roxie and Axel was a nice, quick, and safe read.

Safety: Axel has pushed away many ladies in order to r
Sophia Triad
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story starts very sweetly.

Axel is a boxer overpossessive and overprotective of his best friend, Rosie. He is secretly deeply in love with her, but he never tells her because he is scared of losing her. Nevertheless he remains faithful and virgin although it would not be hard for him to get laid if he wanted.

Rosie is also very protective and caring for her best friend, Axel. Her feelings for him are also hidden and run deep. Until one night, she will not be able to hold back and she will c
Bookloverme
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one! And both virgins who only want each other, no one else? Perfect!

The story is about Axel and Roxie.

He's a boxer. They grew up together and best friends for a long time. They love each other but they don't know how to tell it because they're afraid to ruin their friendship.

I loved how possessive and protective he was of her. And he's so sweet! I also loved they only had eyes for each other. He pushed girls away because she's it for him.

It has a lovely epilogue. (view spoiler)
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis cover is alright. It's a good representation of the hero of the story. The title is eye-catching. That said it's a little too busy typography wise throwing off the composition a bit.description

descriptionSigh...this was my least favorite of the series. First of all, it seemed shorter than the others (and the others are pretty damn short). I am pretty sure this only took me 20 minutes to read. On top of that is was SO over the top sugary sweet I now have to visit my dentist for the cavities it gave me. The word
♡Tonya♡
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet

I am loving this Real Man series. The heroes are fanatics, devoted, alpha,sexy and most importantly - faithful! What a real man actually is.

-no cheating
-no ow/om drama whatsoever
-no pushing away
-great epilogue 2 years and 5 years out
Denna
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay first off I think we all need to take a minute and appreciate the this hot ass cover! I mean talk about drool worthy!!

Okay so moving on... I loved this! No shocker right I mean I love virgins so I knew I wouldn't hate it. The book is sweet, the hero is actually really super sweet considering he is described as a big ass fighter. Both hero and h were great both scared to share their feelings with one another but when they did they were definitely on the same page! Hot book I will say I am a
Alex ♈
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was soooo sweet! *sigh*

description

And he waited for her! *sigh*
Yes, I really liked that he was a virgin.
Tired of idolization of only female virginity; what about hot male virgin?

Gender equality!!!

The story was really sweet! MCs were the same age – thanks God!
Not another daddy/baby-girl BS!
Vashti
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Despite the title "Brutal",this story was anything but brutal.Very sweet bordering on sugar rush sweet tale of best friends turned lovers.Very enjoyable quickie read with a lovely epilogue.One of the best entries in this series so far.
Nicla

Another enjoyable short, steamy and sweet read from Jenika Snow. I just wished it was a little longer.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: High
Erin
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
These books are always (generally) enjoyable whether I liked it or loved it.
EliseSReads
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a sea of man-whores, this book presents you a VIRGIN HERO, yup, you heard me right. ;) Get to buying and reading.
Vintage
Wiping away a tear. Sweet tale of two virgins in lust/love. He's great big and hunky, and she's tinier and sweet. Yep, it's fiction.

The two MC's have had crushes/been in love forever. Jenika Snow neglects to mention how they met and how long the unrequited love has been going on, but this little novella is very sweet.

My one complaint, besides wanting to know more about how they knew each other, is the OTT repetitive monologuing while they are having sex for the first time. Okay, okay, I get it.

P
Ann Lou
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
short. sweet. and just what I needed.
Barbara➰
Very sweet...what's not to love where two people save themselves for each other? This wasn't one of my favorites in this series but still good nonetheless. I have definitely enjoyed this series and I'm looking forward to more.
Susani
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Siobhan
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Brutal was an enjoyable quick read, although I really had expected more from it. In all honesty, I went in with the wrong idea about this one. I’d been expecting a full-length novel; instead, I was given an extremely short story. In fact, the story was way shorter than I’d been hoping for – and such prevented me from loving it quite as much as I’d been hoping to.

In terms of storyline, it’s a decent story. It’s the classic friends-to-lovers tale, with secret feelings and sudden declarations. It i
Darlene I read WAY to many books
We on a roll and another real man is knocked down!! Like pretty okay with some steam.

With the title called Brutal I would have thought Axel would be more rough around the edges with peoples, but he was a giant teddy when it came to his bff/hidden crush Roxie.

As for Roxie she had the simillar feelings for her long time friend but both didn't wanna ruin the friendship so they pinned away. Until they couldn't fight that urge anymore.
With Axel fights and some ring rats who wanted him he never gav
C
-HEA with 2 epilogues
Deserie williams
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5stars.
Good safe read! Both virgins and only ever wanted each other.
April Symes
Roxie and Axel. Wow What a great couple. The scenes they had together were hot, steamy and “brutal”. This is a short but sexy friends to lovers book. Those are my favorite type of books to read. Axel is definitely all alpha and he lets you know it. Roxie is a sweet woman who is definitely also sassy to boot. Their love story of how they finally get together will make you oooohhh then ahhhhhhhhhh (smile). You have to read this book, for it has everything you are looking for -- good read, alittle ...more
Jamie
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this book and really love the premise of it, but it was too short to actually love it, IMO. if we had gotten to see their relationship develop, I know I would've loved this book!
Lizard And Wombat Romance Reviews
Lizard: 3⋆.
Wombat: 2⋆.
Overall: 2.5⋆.
Chitra *CJ*
"Brutal" is the story of Axel and Roxie.
-"BFFs in love since childhood" couple
-Double V card
Safe
3/5
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent Addition to Terrific Series

In an 11 book series, some will be better than others. And that's okay. I will, without a doubt, read every book in this series no matter how many Snow writes. There's something interesting in each one and I can't get enough short-and-smutty stories of any type.

But, for me, Brutal is a weak link in the chain. There's no external conflict and minimal internal conflict. Basically, Roxie and Axel decide to go from friends to lovers and do so in a big way. It's not
Classy Lady
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
I was super excited about this book but to be honest I felt like she wanted to publish something so that's why she wrote this book. So the whole book was about one day the were friends in the beginning and from the middle to the almost end they were having sex!!! The epilogue was cute but why only two kids:( I love this series soooo much so I hope she will continue doing books on this series.
Michelle
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pros: well written as in I got lost in story without having to pause to go ugh why did you say that like that , hunky hero, no cheating/other wo/man, sweet.

Con: short so there goes lots of character development. i read 2 other books by the author after this one...sex scenes are basically the same in all three.

Overall: quick read, lots of closure, i liked it.
Nikki
Ok so I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I looooooove this series! Brutal fits in perfect with the others! Axel is super possessive of his long time bff Roxie. He's also been in love with her for forever, but wasn't sure if she felt the same. Spoiler alert: she does! Lol. This is a short and steamy friends to lovers tale. The writing was great and I loved the story line! Roxie and Axel are perfect for each other and when they finally admit their feelings to each other.... Well I'll ju ...more
Book Snob Sue
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Panty melting.......so freaking dibs.......mine. Favorite Jenika Snow book to date.....these two I floved so damn hard. These two are relationship goals all the way. I loved that she was at all his fights and his practices, they were sweet and naughty all in one. Best friends that are so supportive of each other and so, so in love. Pretty sure everyone knew, but them.....so obvious. I absolutely loved when these two came together, hotter than hell.....I mean wwwoooowwwww. Just wow. So I always h ...more
Kate
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Short. Sweet. Sexy. Simple.

I liked this short friends to lovers read.
It wasn't complicated, a straight forward plot, no dramatics, no deep thinking needed.

My preference however is for "more" of everything in my usual reads, but this was my first time reading this author.

Based on some of the reviews I've read for this book, her other works are more detailed with deeper stories - so I'm definitely going to try one of those in future.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Bought and Paid For
  • Planting His Seed
  • Sticky Fingers
  • Jingle My Balls
  • Mr. Director Sir
  • The Fighter's Prize
  • Mr. CEO Jerk (Loving a Bennett Boy)
  • Breaking In His Virgin
  • Loving the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO, #6)
  • Only Her
  • Beauty Tempts the Beast
  • Forever Her Cowboy (Always, #1)
  • Taming the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO #3)
  • Beauty in Winter (Beauty, #4)
  • Husky
  • The Kingpin's Weakness
  • Chain (Heartlands Motorcycle Club Book 2)
Jenika Snow is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and has been a published writer since 2009.

She can be found at:

www.jenikasnow.com
FB: www.facebook.com/jenikasnow
Twitter: twitter.com/jenikasnow
Email: Jenika_Snow@yahoo.com

A Real Man (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Lumberjack (A Real Man, #1)
  • Virgin (A Real Man, #2)
  • Baby Fever (A Real Man, #3)
  • Experienced (A Real Man #4)
  • Roommate (A Real Man #5)
  • Arrogant (A Real Man #6)
  • Feral (A Real Man #7)
  • Dirty (A Real Man #8)
  • Viking (A Real Man #9)
  • Blacksmith (A Real Man #10)