Start by marking “Imagines (Imago, #2)” as Want to Read:
Imagines (Imago, #2)

Imagines

(Imago #2)

Jack Brighton and Lawson Gale have been together for six months and are very much in love. Lawson’s work ensuring the survival of the Tillman Copper is as demanding as ever, and Jack’s work with the regeneration of the bushfire-ravaged national park is just as hectic.

When Jack suggests they take a short trip, Lawson agrees. But then he is offered a two-week research positi
Published April 8th 2017 by Blue Heart Press

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

So much joy! I needed butterflies today, and this book made me immeasurably happy.

Lawson and Jack are crazy in love, even as another butterfly adventure awaits.

This time, Lawson is asked to investigate why a butterfly species is dying out, both in captivity and in the wild. Jack travels with him on a work holiday that ends with a near tragedy.

Who knew butterfly hunting could be so dangerous?

My favorite thing about this book is the tenderness between the men. Lawson and Jack couldn't be
Judith
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

"In entomology,we have a term called imagines.It's the plural of imago.And if imago is one butterfly reaching it's full potential,then surely we,together,would be imagines."

And the cuteness continues...
I couldn't love Jack and Lawson more...

They're six months into their relationship.Jack has some vacation time and they are planning a trip when Lawson is offered a two week research program to look into the decline of the Ulysses butterfly.So,they decide to combine work and leisure a
Tanu Gill
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful sequel! I love Jack and Lawson. Another butterfly adventure, that was just what I needed. Though this one almost turned into a tragedy!! Thank Heavens for Jack and his other job as a life-saver.
Everything got tied into a neat little bow tie at the end, making for a cherished read throughout. :) Loved it.
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Imagines is such a wonderful followup to Imago. Absolutely gorgeous with imagery that took my breath away and a pairing that just made my soul sing. I absolutely love Lawson and Jack.

The story picks up a few months after Imago left off, with Lawson assisting Professor Warner Tillman with the conservation and study of the Tillman Copper butterfly and working toward his doctorate. Things between Lawson and Jack are perfect, though, Jack really wants Lawson to move in with him. Meanwhile,
Nazanin
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, mm-romance
3.5 Cute Stars

Well, I just can say it was a good-easy read. I loved the first installment in this series but this one fell flat for me. For the first half I really struggled and I wanted to lost-interested it but then it got a little exciting and then again it fell flat. Maybe I read it at the bad timing because I’m in a bad mood. But to be honest, I liked those two adorable characters; they’re so cute and so perfect for each other. They know each other completely.

The story told in dual POV, 1st
Gigi
Perfecter. Easily my favorite book of 2017.
Renée
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: moderate-steam, lqbtq

We learned in Book 1 that these books center around butterflies - both Lawson's career studying them and the butterflies that take flight in his stomach at the though of Jack.

As gooey sweet and satisfying as Book 1 was, Book 2 is even more so. It's six months into the future from where Imago ended, and Jack still wants Lawson to move in with him. Lawson is dying to, but doesn't want to jinx the amazing relationship they have so far.

Some vacation time for Jack and a plea for help from another le
Too Many Books Too Little Time
Maybe a bit sappy. Maybe a bit cheesy at times.

But sweet. And full of smiles.

And there were butterflies.

Great series if you're looking for something easy, low angst, a bit fluffy, and with moderate steam.
Ele
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it

This is a perfect example of why I don't normally read series with the same MCs. It's a great book and fans of the series will love it. But I was so damn bored. Too sugary sweet, no conflict to be found. Jack is just too perfect for my tastes. I also felt that they took the condom issue way too far. My favorite scene was the deleted scene in the end.

Still, I do recommend it for the fans of the author and the series. That was mostly a personal preference thing.
Karla
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.25 butterfly kisses stars!

This was pure hearts so sweet, and tender, just lovely. Lawson/Jack are just as amazing as ever and so in love. This second book was so right for the continuation of their story as we see them already officially together. There's something special about these two guys that just steals your heart. There's so passionate about each other, never any doubts or insecurities in their love it's just mind blowing. And off they go to another adventure to try and save another b
Christelle
Jack and Lawson are back and are as adorable as they were in Imago. Full of butterflies, literally and figuratively.

First “working” vacation together for Jack and Lawson, with adventures in the forest and commitment at the end of the road. No angst, just love with a swooning epilogue and a brief snippet of Charlie.

Imago and Imagines are the best “fluffy” read ever. Thank you, N.R.Walker !!
BWT (Belen)
It's official. I am in love with both Lawson and Jack.

One of the things I love the most about N.R. Walker's writing is how she can take such normal things, but make them so completely extraordinary.

I loved this.

I thought it fit well with Imago. Imagines seemed well-researched, though I'm no lepidopterist, with Jack and Lawson going to Queensland for a work vacation and Lawson trying to determine why the Ulysses butterfly keeps dying so soon after imago.

I loved the dual POV, and, best of all, I
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Uh oh. Unpoopular opinion time. This was sweet....sticky, gooey sweet. I loved the first book especially because of its uncomplicated sweetness but this one was overloaded with the corn. In the first book, Jack was still good natured and sweet but he was also a bit of a rugged bear. In this one he reminded me of a puppy with his tail wagging. Not even the bow tie and suspender sexy times worked for me. Now maybe if he actually tied Lawson up with the suspenders?? Nah, not even then :(

But I was g
Catherine
That was one happy sigh inducing happily ever after; I feel like I just got punched in the feelz by a rainbow wrapped in a cloud wrapped in a marshmallow.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!

This was a really fabulous continuation of Jack and Lawson’s love story. I’ve not made it a secret that I enjoy visiting couples in their day to day lives, and this fit the bill perfectly.

Six months later things are going strong, and when an impromptu working vacation presents itself, Jack and Lawson set out to investigate the slow decline and possible extinction of a particular butterfly. What ensues again is an interesting take on the flora and fauna aspect as seen in Imago, as these
.Lili.
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, april-17
....................................

Imagines by N.R. Walker is the follow up to Imago. It takes place six weeks after the end of the first one. Jack and Lawson are very much in love and moving forward into their future. The book starts with them going on a working vacation and what ensues is sweet as pie love story.

My highlights:

-Jack & Lawson. They're still adorable and reading their story made me smile- it's impossible not to. They're perfectly suited for each other. Their respect and ador
Denise H.
*** Imagines; plural for Imago, the transformation...***
Lawson the Lepidopterist and wildlife hunk, Jack are back. It's six months later after the fire and discovery. This is an epic, sweet, and adorable tale where we see our men turn into something more. Jack meets Lawson's diverse family, and they love him.

They proceed to a ten day working vacation in the Cairns rain-forest. Lawson is helping Piers Bonfils with a mystery concerning the Ulysses butterfly, with it's bright blue color,

as it is i
Chris
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Sweet and warm - just as expected from these two. It was beautiful to watch the romance between Lawson & Jack as it developed over time. Really enjoyed this read - very light, fluffy and really low angst
Diana
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Imago is the story of finding love, bow ties, and butterflies

Lawson Gale is a bow tie wearing butterfly specialist on his way to search for a non existent butterfly. He accidently bumps into the very handsome Parks and Wildlife Officer, Jack Brighton, who ends up giving him a ride. From there, sparks fly. Two totally opposite people, yet they were perfect for each other.

He dressed like it was 1920s and he spoke the Queen’s English like he’d just swallowed the Oxford Dictionary.
He made my ches
Amy
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dreamy sigh. I am so totally in love with Jack and Lawson. They could not be more perfecter.

I have a confession. My favorite part of a romance is the beginning, before they get together. I love the getting to know you stage. The chase. The first dates and first kisses. Once that's over and they settle in to coupledom, my interest sometimes wanes.

But not with these two. I loved following Jack and Lawson on their "vacation" to Queensland. Lawson is called in to help figure out why the Ulysses butt
Ariana
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*

Ah, Lawson and Jack are even 'perfecter' in this book. If you need some light and fluffy to make you feel better this is certainly an excellent option!

As ever Lawson is quirky, gloriously nerdy (and so sexy with it) and oh so hot once he gets going. (I love the dichotomy between his very organized and efficient self and his bossy bottom attitude!). I may be a little bit in love with him, too.

Jack is just a hero all the way round: sensitive and understanding,supportive and unselfish,
Karen
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 beautiful blue butterflies rounded up to 5 because still no 1/2 stars here on GR.

Sometimes too sweet is just right...

Like the first book 'Imago' this one is also free of angst and drama. 'Imagines' is the sequel and the final chapter in this wonderfully sweet love story.

Lawson has been asked to travel to the far northern part of Queensland to help figure out why the Ulysses butterfly is dying. It's decided that he and Jack will make this their first vacation together. It's a working vacat
Marion
4.5 Butterfly Stars!
Imagines is the sweet and romantic second book/conclusion to the Imago series. It is a beautiful story that kept me engaged and entertained throughout.
Very little angst, lots of humour, lots of family, lots of love...lots of Rosemary. This is, after all, Jack and Lawson's story.
Meags
3.5 Stars

This was another gorgeous read by N.R. Walker, featuring two of the most adorable fictional men to ever cross my reading path.

In this lovely sequel to Imago, Lawson and Jack travel to Cairns on a working holiday, where Lawson's expertise has been requested to help investigate why the Ulysses butterfly is dying out.

The two men mix business with pleasure, spending their days working the Ulysses problem and their nights enjoying their first official holiday together.

This was an easy bre
haletostilinski
Very fun follow up to the first one. This one was really just getting these two to their happily ever after. I know there's a short crossover book after this, but still, this was getting these two to secure place, to marriage, and it was just as good as the first one.

There was some drama, but it kept things interesting when it otherwise would have dragged because nothing was particularly happening, but then these two had to question if they were ready to spend the rest of their lives together an
Meep
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first book, didn't see the need for a sequel and now kind of wish I'd ignored it. The book is slow, very slow. Conflicts seem overstated - not opening an envelope, not moving in yet... with no reason. It started like an epilogue to the first book, there was no end result to keep me turning pages.

We meet the boys families, but so fleetingly it barely mattered. Then there's Jack being wonderful. So wonderful I stopped believing in him. It's human to have emotions to get frustr
Rachel Emily
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could kick myself for not getting around to reading this series until now. I loved the romance in this, loved that deep emotional connection between Jack and Lawson. Another winner from NR for me...and onto the bit xover!
Mindy
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lgbtq
description
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

5 + Stars

It's been about 6 months since the fire that almost killed Lawson and Rosemary, as well as Jack, when he headed into the bushfire to rescue them. Jack and Lawson are still happy and so very much in love. Jack is about to take his two week vacation, so they have to decide where they'll go. The decision is made for them when Lawson gets a request to do some preliminary research concerning the Ulysses Butterfly at the conservatory in Cairns. Jack and Lawson head to the tropics for butterfl
Bev
Many thanks Nic for the ARC, another well researched story as far as the butterflies are concerned, and lots of love and tenderness for Jack and Lawson. 4.25 stars from me.

photo imagines review_zpszt1ixtni.png

The Ulysses butterfly, a truly beautiful specimen but...as with the Tillman Copper, in danger of extinction from forces outside of it's control. Lawson and Jack hightail it to Cairns, Northern Queensland....Lawson to help Piers Bonfils, Director of the Cairns Butterfly Conservatory discover what is happening to the Ulysses, a
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Imago (2 books)
  • Imago (Imago, #1)
“Six months ago, I was intrigued, bewitched even, by this butterfly man. Now I was in love with him, impossibly so. Impossible because there was no going back from this. I was a changed man. My heart belonged wholly to him, and I knew, without a doubt, it always would.” 0 likes
“I felt kinda detached” 0 likes