Start by marking “Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)

Wolf Signs

(Granite Lake Wolves #1)

The first title in New York Times bestselling author Vivian Arends light-hearted, feel-good paranormal series.
~~~~~

Talk about getting your signals crossed

When her brother cancels their backcountry ski trip, Robyn Maxwell takes it in stride. The fact shes deaf doesnt make her survival skills any weaker, and shes been craving the chance to escape into the Yukon
Kindle Edition, Northern Lights Edition, 169 pages
Published April 21st 2017 by Arend Publishing Inc (first published March 24th 2009)

Start your review of Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This was a really sweet, quick read and I dig that all of the characters were Native American or First Nations and the MC is deaf (and the rep felt really nice and thoughtful IMO!). I'll type up a review later!
Elspeth
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
For the past couple of years I have avoided het romance like the plague. I am seriously sick of the female leads that are so popular today; they are either blushing virgins or complete bitches. I mean really, when did the term strong female lead get changed to raging cuntmuffin? I didnt get the memo, and some of these dragon ladies make me want to cover the book in salt then set it aflame. You can never be too cautious when dealing with hell spawns, so a dash of purification with your exorcism ...more
Angela Oliver
I was drawn to this novel by the rather "daring" factor that the author had chosen a disabled protagonist - in this case, a deaf girl. Aside from that, it was a pretty disappointing read, going swiftly downhill. The relationships between Robyn and the wolf brothers was too sudden, especially her attraction to Kail - there was no doubt in her mind, not even any sort of inner cautionary voice - no, the moment she saw him she literally turned into an uninhibited sex fiend. As for his poor ...more
Coco.V
Feb 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/7/2018)! 💝
Hollie
Blah........... not one I'd recommend

This book was offered as a freebie, which I really appreciate, so I decided to give it a try. It did have potential but upon completion I wasnt impressed. Here's my breakdown:

The pros:
* I liked how the heroine was hearing impaired - it added to her personality
* The sex was pretty steamy - on a scale 1-10 I'd give it a 7
* Offered as a freebie
* I liked the cover

The cons:
* Insta-love
* Since it was a short I felt like it was missing much depth - both with the
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was a quick insta-love shifter romance. Robyn doesn't know she's a wolf shifter but as soon as Keil catches her scent he knows that she's wolf and that she's his mate. This was a fast paced and quick read. It was interesting to read this authur's take on shifters and pack life.

In Robyn's shoes, I think I definitely would have freaked a lot more than she did, but finding out shifters exist and that she is one, didn't much faze her. It was sweet how loving and affectionate Keil is towards
Darce
meh. this book was pretty ordinary, the only thing that makes it 2 stars is that the main character was deaf and i liked that change in the plot line.
aicha
I loved it, it was hot and so fun to read.
Finally a h that's strong, funny and has sass, Robyn was perfect. Keil was a predictable alpha but it was TJ and his goofiness that made me laugh out loud and continue to grin like an idiot. I really wished this book was longer which is something i never do.
Debra Johnson
Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend
Genres: Adult, Erotica, Paranormal, Romance
3.75 Stars

A very lighthearted and laid-back story.
There is humor. Not the kind that makes you do a belly laugh, but it does make you grin often.

The main characters are very likable.

The story is very well written. No typos/editing errors of any kind, no repetitiveness or any of those annoying things that drive you nuts when you are reading.

Both the story and the writing flows easy and sweet.

My problem is the lack of
Nikyta
One of the things I liked about this story was how the heroine, Robyn, was deaf. She's feisty, spunky and a total alpha female. I even liked Keil, even though it was mentioned a lot that he was such a strong alpha but I never saw that. What I did see were sweet moments in which Robyn and Keil got to know each other and realized they have a lot in common.

Pretty much the only thing wrong with this story was the length. I have a lot of questions about the pack and especially about what's going to
Karma♥Bites ^.~
I tend to avoid novelettes but after being disappointed by another book, this story was the perfect escapist feel-good pick-me-upenjoyable so long as one keeps in mind the following: "destined mate/instant love" means near-instant sex; at less than 100 pages, the plot points have to arise and be resolved at hyper-speed; and the story is not intended to be a heavy, serious paranormal/urban fantasy. It is definitely "erotica" but considering that it's a Samhain product, I found the sex scene ...more
Jacqueline J
I really enjoyed the werewolf details of this story. I quite enjoyed the pack dynamics and other details such as the she's my mate thing. I liked the werewolves accidently letting the cat out of the bag. I would have enjoyed it even more had the book been longer with a more involved plot. The writing was well done. I did think that she copped out a bit by having the issue of the deafness dealt with so easily. Mind reading! Poofta! Still the writing was good, the sex scenes okay but I myself ...more
Jan 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A deaf heroine who doesn't know that the reason she's always felt like she doesn't fit in isn't because she's deaf. it's because she's a werewolf, and an alpha to boot.

A hero who is alpha as can be and completely blind-sided by the naked woman who stumbles out of the sauna. But it's not because she's naked. It's because she's his mate.

And the only way to trigger her first transformation? It's sex with her mate ;)

I enjoyed the story and definitely want to read more of the Granite Lake Wolves. Ms.
Joan
This was free when I downloaded it, the cover is GORGEOUS and the heroine is deaf. I thought I was getting a serious novel but it descended all too quickly into 'insta-lust' and sex. The 'deafness' aspect was glossed over and the characters were shallow, stupid and thoroughly awful.

I dnf'd as soon as I realised where it was heading.
Winter
Nov 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
1,5 Star

Unfortunately I'm not the target for this book at all.
Fatimama
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are in the mood for a light insta-mates shifter romance, this is a good book. Everything happens so fast but I did love the H/h connection. Also, its unusual to have a deaf heroine shifter so this is a plus. ...more
Lena
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, shifters
This was a freebie offer that peaked my interest because of the deaf MC female. I wanted to tick the MC is Disabled Box of my Diversity Reads Challenge.

This was not well written or entertaining enough to finish and its certainly not going on a list with my name on it.

DNF 46%
Erotic Horizon
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Robyn Maxwell brother gives her the news that he is unable to accompany her on their yearly camping trip to the Yukons Robyn did not let that deter her. With the stubbornness that is so apart of her she carry on with her plan and is soon in the mountain as it was and all set to enjoy the time she has there.

Something is different on this trip however as someone has added a new feature to the landscape and she was so going to make use of it.

Everything comes at a price and soon Robyn finds
Marsha
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Wolf Signs" had the unique quality for what could have been a truly exceptional read. However, the brevity got in the way of fully developing an amazing story.

Robyn Maxwell will not be deterred from taking her skiing trip to Granite Lake when her brother has to bow out for his job at the last minute. She will not allow him to use her deafness against her as some sort of sign of weakness. She is not weak and she will not be swayed by any of his arguments. So, off she goes.

Robyn is truly
AH

Having not read enough books about werewolves, I picked up a copy of Vivian Arends Wolf Signs as a free download a while back. Book 1 of her Granite Lake Wolves series was thoroughly entertaining and I just loved these wolves. The book is set in Canadas rugged north, in Granite Lake Yukon. The area is isolated and the perfect place for a wolf pack to hang out.

Wolf Signs is one of the few books Ive read where the heroine has a disability. Robyn is deaf and communicates either by ASL or
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Robyn knew she was adopted, but she didnt know her biological parents had been werewolves. When a childhood virus caused her to totally lose her hearing, her adoptive family decided she had suffered enough trauma. It wasnt until a surprise guest barged in on her ski trip and claimed her as mate that she got her first clue.

This is just the perfect little sexy read to tide you over until youre ready for a full length novel. Charming funny characters, witty dialogue, and praise be, a heroine who
Bunnycore
Love needs no words...

Arden has been looking forward to this. A skiing trip in the mountains secluded away with her brother. Something they do every year. When plans get mixed up and Arden insists on going alone. Her brother is worried for only one reason. Arden is deaf, she needs a guide to help her through. But, Arden being her own person refuses anything else but to go alone.

She makes it to the mountain and stumbles upon a new addition to the camp site. A sauna is built and yep vacation
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Robyn has a ski weekend planned with her brother until his plans change for work and she decides to go alone. Maybe not the easiest decision since she has a major problem, she's deaf.

But to her surprise, she finds more than just company. See, she doesn't know this but she's a full-blooded werewolf and who just happens to be at the cabin for a weekend away before a challenge for alpha is her mate.

Robyn is a very strong heroine who has overcome her
Llaph
The first book that I read by Vivian Arend was Wolf Nip and at the time thought it was alright, funny, but alright. It was most likely because it was #6 in a series and I hadn't read the previous books.
Since then I've read more of her work and will admit that I have a new outlook regarding them.
I thought this book was cute. I especially like how the heroine's disability was handled. There wasn't a stupid amount of information about it nor was there too little. It may be trite to say it was
Emily
When Robyn Maxwell learns her brother can't make the ski strip she has been looking forward to, she decides to go by herself and has no plans of letting the fact that she is deaf stand in her way. Believing she has Granite Lake to herself, is stunned to find she has company.

Keil knows immediately she is his mate, but her reaction has him a bit guarded. He knows something is different about her and aims to figure it out, but he has other issues to deal with including a brother who doesn't think
Jenn
This was a nice short story. I quite enjoyed it even if certain events were predictable.

I fell in love with all of the characters, especially clumsy TJ and the charmer, Keil. I liked that the heroine, Robyn, was pretty kickass and level headed under certain situations. I loved that Keil was never once put off by the fact that Robyn was deaf. I loved that he and TJ wanted to learn ASL and that she could read their lips when they didn't realize it at times.

Since this was a short book, the
MLE
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Reading a romance novel with a female lead who is neither a passive doormat nor a controlling wench is a refreshing change. Reading a romance novel with a female lead who is confident, capable, smart, and deaf is almost priceless. The male lead is confident, but not controlling or manipulative. He even trusts in Robyn's ability to take care of herself which I really enjoyed. It would have been a four star read for me except the sex is of the flowers and velvet variety, and terribly over written, ...more
Laurie Garrison
I liked the wolf storyline, characters and the fact the heroine is sassy and deaf it made for an enjoyable quick read. Its always hard to read short novella books, because you just cant get everything you want in them, but as long as I enjoy the story and of course, the sex has to not be rushed, in other words some seduction in there, then I am happy. This one the heroine accepts things rather quickly. Like I said you cant put everything in a few pages and expect it to be some hot novel. I will ...more

• Stolen Mate (Wild Lake Origins #2)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal, #1)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • His to Defend (Bears of Grizzly Ridge, #5)
  • Claimed by her Cougar (Cougar Creek Mates, #1)
  • Gray Wolf Mate (League of Gallize Shifters, #1)
  • The Hadley Werewolves Boxed Set Book 1-3
  • BloodGifted (The Dantonville Legacy, #1)
  • Feral Breed, Volume One (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #1-3)
  • Riptide (Kismet Cove, #1)
  • Mating Season (Morgan Clan Bears, #1)
  • Kodiak's Claim (Kodiak Point, #1)
  • Broken Wolf (The Blue Mountain Wolf Pack #2)
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
  • Heat (Bearpaw Ridge Firefighters, #1)
  • My Dragon Masters (Sanctuary, Texas, #2)
  • Freeing his Mate (Shifter World: Shifter Affairs #1)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Stones of Heart Falls, Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the

Granite Lake Wolves (6 books)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves #2)
  • Wolf Games (Granite Lake Wolves #3)
  • Wolf Tracks (Granite Lake Wolves #4)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves #5)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves #6)

News & Interviews