Start by marking “Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)

Wolf Signs

(Granite Lake Wolves #1)

Talk about getting your signals crossed…

When her brother cancels their backcountry ski trip, Robyn Maxwell takes it in stride. The fact she’s deaf doesn’t make her survival skills any weaker, and she’s been craving the chance to escape into the Yukon wilderness. Only the sexy beast of a man she bumps into at the cabin starts cravings of another kind, setting her hormones r
Kindle Edition, Northern Lights Edition, 169 pages
Published April 21st 2017 by Arend Publishing Inc (first published March 24th 2009)

Start your review of Wolf Signs (Granite Lake Wolves, #1)
Angela Oliver
I was drawn to this novel by the rather "daring" factor that the author had chosen a disabled protagonist - in this case, a deaf girl. Aside from that, it was a pretty disappointing read, going swiftly downhill. The relationships between Robyn and the wolf brothers was too sudden, especially her attraction to Kail - there was no doubt in her mind, not even any sort of inner cautionary voice - no, the moment she saw him she literally turned into an uninhibited sex fiend. As for his poor brother.. ...more
ren ♡ [on a semi-hiatus]
First few chapters were very promising... but overall the story really needed to be longer. I think, with a bit more, this book could've been really interesting. I mean, a wolf that's deaf? Sounds awesome! But really, it lacked worldbuilding and I felt like the MC's lacked chemistry. Also, why was the heroine so angry all the time? 🤨

Rating: 2/5
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This was a really sweet, quick read and I dig that all of the characters were Native American or First Nations and the MC is deaf (and the rep felt really nice and thoughtful IMO!). I'll type up a review later! ...more
Elspeth
For the past couple of years I have avoided het romance like the plague. I am seriously sick of the female leads that are so popular today; they are either blushing virgins or complete bitches. I mean really, when did the term “strong female lead” get changed to “raging cuntmuffin”? I didn’t get the memo, and some of these dragon ladies make me want to cover the book in salt then set it aflame. You can never be too cautious when dealing with hell spawns, so a dash of purification with your exorc ...more
Coco.V
Shelves: paranormal
Re-read 5/3/20
Hollie
Blah........... not one I'd recommend

This book was offered as a freebie, which I really appreciate, so I decided to give it a try. It did have potential but upon completion I wasn’t impressed. Here's my breakdown:

The pros:
* I liked how the heroine was hearing impaired - it added to her personality
* The sex was pretty steamy - on a scale 1-10 I'd give it a 7
* Offered as a freebie
* I liked the cover

The cons:
* Insta-love
* Since it was a short I felt like it was missing much depth - both with the c
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was a quick insta-love shifter romance. Robyn doesn't know she's a wolf shifter but as soon as Keil catches her scent he knows that she's wolf and that she's his mate. This was a fast paced and quick read. It was interesting to read this authur's take on shifters and pack life.

In Robyn's shoes, I think I definitely would have freaked a lot more than she did, but finding out shifters exist and that she is one, didn't much faze her. It was sweet how loving and affectionate Keil is towards he
Debra Johnson
Wolf Signs by Vivian Arend
Genres: Adult, Erotica, Paranormal, Romance
3.75 Stars

A very lighthearted and laid-back story.
There is humor. Not the kind that makes you do a belly laugh, but it does make you grin often.

The main characters are very likable.

The story is very well written. No typos/editing errors of any kind, no repetitiveness or any of those annoying things that drive you nuts when you are reading.

Both the story and the writing flows easy and sweet.

My problem is the lack of intensit
aicha
I loved it, it was hot and so fun to read.
Finally a h that's strong, funny and has sass, Robyn was perfect. Keil was a predictable alpha but it was TJ and his goofiness that made me laugh out loud and continue to grin like an idiot. I really wished this book was longer which is something i never do.
Nikyta
One of the things I liked about this story was how the heroine, Robyn, was deaf. She's feisty, spunky and a total alpha female. I even liked Keil, even though it was mentioned a lot that he was such a strong alpha but I never saw that. What I did see were sweet moments in which Robyn and Keil got to know each other and realized they have a lot in common.

Pretty much the only thing wrong with this story was the length. I have a lot of questions about the pack and especially about what's going to h
Darce
meh. this book was pretty ordinary, the only thing that makes it 2 stars is that the main character was deaf and i liked that change in the plot line.
Joan
This was free when I downloaded it, the cover is GORGEOUS and the heroine is deaf. I thought I was getting a serious novel but it descended all too quickly into 'insta-lust' and sex. The 'deafness' aspect was glossed over and the characters were shallow, stupid and thoroughly awful.

I dnf'd as soon as I realised where it was heading.
Sometime
Nov 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This freebie was a quick read that featured a deaf heroine who didn't know she was wolf. I like books with disabled characters, it's something you don't see all the time, and I thought the author handled it well. There was insta-lust due to the fact that the MCs are mates. It was rushed and predictable but still enjoyable. If you want a quick read with interesting H/h, this is a good choice.

Safety (view spoiler)
Jujubee
Def continuing with the pack now lead by two strong, caring Alphas!!
Karma♥Bites ^.~
I tend to avoid novelettes but after being disappointed by another book, this story was the perfect escapist feel-good pick-me-up—enjoyable so long as one keeps in mind the following: "destined mate/instant love" means near-instant sex; at less than 100 pages, the plot points have to arise and be resolved at hyper-speed; and the story is not intended to be a heavy, serious paranormal/urban fantasy. It is definitely "erotica" but considering that it's a Samhain product, I found the sex scene pret ...more
Jacqueline J
I really enjoyed the werewolf details of this story. I quite enjoyed the pack dynamics and other details such as the she's my mate thing. I liked the werewolves accidently letting the cat out of the bag. I would have enjoyed it even more had the book been longer with a more involved plot. The writing was well done. I did think that she copped out a bit by having the issue of the deafness dealt with so easily. Mind reading! Poofta! Still the writing was good, the sex scenes okay but I myself thin ...more
Jan 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A deaf heroine who doesn't know that the reason she's always felt like she doesn't fit in isn't because she's deaf. it's because she's a werewolf, and an alpha to boot.

A hero who is alpha as can be and completely blind-sided by the naked woman who stumbles out of the sauna. But it's not because she's naked. It's because she's his mate.

And the only way to trigger her first transformation? It's sex with her mate ;)

I enjoyed the story and definitely want to read more of the Granite Lake Wolves. Ms.
Winter
Nov 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
1,5 Star

Unfortunately I'm not the target for this book at all.
Fatimama
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are in the mood for a light insta-mates shifter romance, this is a good book. Everything happens so fast but I did love the H/h connection. Also, it’s unusual to have a deaf heroine shifter so this is a plus.
Lena
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, shifters
This was a freebie offer that peaked my interest because of the deaf MC female. I wanted to tick the MC is Disabled Box of my Diversity Reads Challenge.

This was not well written or entertaining enough to finish and it’s certainly not going on a list with my name on it.

DNF 46%
Erotic Horizon
Oct 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Robyn Maxwell brother gives her the news that he is unable to accompany her on their yearly camping trip to the Yukon’s – Robyn did not let that deter her. With the stubbornness that is so apart of her she carry on with her plan and is soon in the mountain as it was and all set to enjoy the time she has there.

Something is different on this trip however as someone has added a new feature to the landscape – and she was so going to make use of it.

Everything comes at a price and soon Robyn find
Marsha
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Wolf Signs" had the unique quality for what could have been a truly exceptional read. However, the brevity got in the way of fully developing an amazing story.

Robyn Maxwell will not be deterred from taking her skiing trip to Granite Lake when her brother has to bow out for his job at the last minute. She will not allow him to use her deafness against her as some sort of sign of weakness. She is not weak and she will not be swayed by any of his arguments. So, off she goes.

Robyn is truly impresse
Marta Cox
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
I read a version of this ages ago when it was free from Amazon and thinking about it actually it's the book that stirred my interest in this authors work. So I was very happy to discover that not only is it being re-released but that the original book has been expanded.
What stood out to me both then and now was the fact that Robyn is deaf and I haven't read a lot of romance that features characters with that disability. I loved that she uses ASL to such good effect although understood Robyn's fr
AH

Having not read enough books about werewolves, I picked up a copy of Vivian Arend’s Wolf Signs as a free download a while back. Book 1 of her Granite Lake Wolves series was thoroughly entertaining and I just loved these wolves. The book is set in Canada’s rugged north, in Granite Lake Yukon. The area is isolated and the perfect place for a wolf pack to hang out.

Wolf Signs is one of the few books I’ve read where the heroine has a disability. Robyn is deaf and communicates either by ASL
Cally
Sep 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those premises that I would love to see tackled by another writer.

Deaf heroine? Oooh, sounds interesting. Deaf heroine is a werewolf? Now I'm more intrigued. She meets him in the wilds of Alaska with only his brother around? While he is in the midst of challenging for pack Alpha? A challenge that might result in his death? Well hell now I'm totally hooked and need to read it.

Of course at about 150 pages it's not a story one can sink their teeth into.

I am seriously going to spoil t
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Robyn knew she was adopted, but she didn’t know her biological parents had been werewolves. When a childhood virus caused her to totally lose her hearing, her adoptive family decided she had suffered enough trauma. It wasn’t until a surprise guest barged in on her ski trip and claimed her as mate that she got her first clue.

This is just the perfect little sexy read to tide you over until you’re ready for a full length novel. Charming funny characters, witty dialogue, and praise be, a heroine w
Sammy Loves Books
Robyn is a full blooded wolf that isn't aware that she is a wolf. She doesn't know because her wolf has to be "triggered" into changing by having sex with another wolf. Robyn and her brother are suppose to be going on a ski trip when he has to cancel. So Robyn, who is deaf, decides to go off to a communal cabin in the great Alaska woods by herself. This part of the story really bothered me. Most women would not consider going to stay in a cabin surrounded by snow with the potential of avalanches ...more
Pam
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars

Wolf Signs was a cute, funny, steamy read that had some insta-primal action going on. Robyn is a funny smart-ass who never felt like she belonged, it was more than her not being able to hear, but something else, something that kept her restless. Determined to go away to calm down, she goes to her hideaway in the mountains, and that is where she meets Keil and TJ. Keil knows who she is once he gets a whiff of her, out of all the places he never imagined to find her here in this little ca

• Barely After Dark (Barely After Dark, #1-3)
  • Wolf Kiss (Warrior Wolves #1)
  • The Alpha's Redemption (The Kincaid Werewolves #3)
  • Wild Homecoming (Dark Pines Pride, #1)
  • Wolf Snatched (The Dark Ridge Wolves #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Signed (Bear Mail, #1)
  • Fated Mate (Fated Mountain Wolf Pack #1)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
  • Digging the Wolf (Wolves of Crookshollow, #1)
  • Night Revelations (Night Wolves #1)
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Wilding Pack Books 1-3 (Wild Game, Wild Love, Wild Heat)
  • The Lost Vampire Prince (Evil Rising #1)
  • Fire Born (The Guardian, #1)
  • Crying Wolf
  • Wings of Stone (The Dragons of Ascavar #1)
  • Protected Mate (Catamount Lion Shifters, #1)
With over 2.5 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 75 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Stones of Heart Falls, Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the

Granite Lake Wolves (6 books)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves #2)
  • Wolf Games (Granite Lake Wolves #3)
  • Wolf Tracks (Granite Lake Wolves #4)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves #5)
  • Wolf Nip (Granite Lake Wolves #6)