Start by marking “Seven Days with You” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Seven Days with You

Hd

Seven Days with You

Sean Johnson’s life as a small-town farmhand has been nothing but predictable, but when he meets Sophia Hillingdon at the local animal sanctuary, she gets him out of an eighteen-year rut, away from the mundane existence on the farm, and a grieving, drunken father.

Sophia is the first person who understands him and makes him believe that he might get out of their small town,
Published April 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Seven Days with You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Days with You

Start your review of Seven Days with You
Lynda Dickson
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 16+
Shelves: new-adult
The book begins in 1957, when Sean is eighteen years old and lives on a farm in Suffolk, England, with his alcoholic father, who still grieves the death of his wife. A chance encounter brings Sean and Sophia together for a short but intense romance. Family pressures pull them apart, but they come together three years later for an amazing seven days.

The version I read was full of editing errors: incorrect punctuation (especially commas and apostrophes), incorrect word use, inconsistencies in US
Peggy
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic read! Make sure you have some tissues as this will hit the soft spot in you, well... at least it did me!
Jena Baxter
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review
Caution: Possible spoilers; although I do my best to avoid any.

Hugo Driscoll is new to me, but after reading Seven Days With You, I consider him an Author with great promise. This was another difficult review. The first third of the book, I was fretting about the need to post a three star review. This book needs an intensive edit, but I'm under the impression that was done after I received my copy. The other reason is that the first third of
Jill Jemmett
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a very touching story. Sean and Sophia have a fast paced relationship. Though they are from completely different families, in different social classes, they seem to be meant to be together.

For some reason while I was reading this story, I kept thinking it was set in the Mid-West United States. I love reading British literature, but it just didn't feel like it was taking place in England. Maybe if the characters spoke with more of an accent, it would have felt like a British novel.

C. Gonzales
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Wow! This book was so much more than I was expecting.

7 Days With You features quite a cast of quirky characters, many of whom charm the reader's heart despite their unique first impressions.

I anticipated a lot of what would happen as it unfolded. However. The wonderful characters combined with the author's talent for snark and witty dialogue compensated for what it lacked in mystery, making it a captivating read from cover to cover.
Haddie
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tearjerker!!

I am not lying when I say I cried all through this book. The synopsis gives a strong sense of what happens and all while reading I just knew. Hugo Driscoll wrote this story so beautiful and it felt as if he'd written it directly from his heart. Both Sean and Sophia are wonderful characters and what they go through is heart breaking and so real. Seven days doesn't feel like a long time, but it certainly felt close to forever as I read.
R.K. Emery
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a young adult novel that really made me think on a deeper level than most.

I think that Hugo Driscoll really managed to keep his readers engaged with these characters the entire way through.

There were many surprises and the way that the author was able to keep the pacing just right really helps everything flow naturally.
Sally
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great story! Loaded with emotion, it was a real page turner and did not disappoint. I saw someone mention an inconsistency with the timeline but not sure what that means. I didn't feel that way at all and if anything, doesn't the beauty of narrative allow us to play with time as a concept? When it comes to storytelling, a good author like this one can orchestrate the way they choose to narrate a sequence of events, and Hugo Driscoll has done just that. It's not confusing, it's interesting ...more
Debbie DesJardins
Based solely on the writing style I would have given this 3 stars, but it had so much heart that I gave it 4.

The writing lacks a lot of detail and often skips small bits of time leaving the reader to connect the dots. I didn’t feel that this added anything to the style but rather left a feeling that I was missing many wonderful moments in this passionate and tragic story.

Overall, I was left with a feeling of completeness in their world but not fullness if that makes sense. The writer could
Sascha
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
DNF
Barbara
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.

Beautiful . I loved it. The fullest 7 days . Sadness mixed with love and light. I will never forget this book.
Amy Linderman
Aug 09, 2017
Eloise V.
Cindy
Jan 02, 2018
Anna Shaw
rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2018