Start by marking “Dead Time (Between Two Evils, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead Time (Between Two Evils, #3)

Dead Time

(Between Two Evils #3)

From award-winning author D. L. ORTON comes book three in the Between Two Evils series.

Shannon fights to stay alive inside a rogue biodome and discovers something totally unexpected... Peter.

Lani is forced into the role of the reluctant heroine but rediscovers her street-kid mojo and sets out to find everything she's lost.

Diego receives another dirty sock (and a note)
Paperback, 1st, 414 pages
Published April 9th 2017 by Rocky Mountain Press (US)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Time

Start your review of Dead Time (Between Two Evils, #3)
Vicki
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book three in the series has me really glad that I read all three books. I love Diego and I love that he is written with a good heart. He has made the series for me. I like Shannon, but I always pull for Diego. He has been steadfast throughout all three books. I like that there will be a new generation with additional characters. The action in this book was phenomenal and kept me racing through the tense sections at breakneck speed. I love the way Orton writes. The characters are such that I am ...more
Alison
Where to start?

First off, although I won't spoiler anything in this book I will have to recap the first two books (imagine the cheesy voiceover) just to remind readers what happened in them.

Fair warning, I'm pretty sure you won't understand what is going on if you haven't read the two preceding books - this can't really be read as a stand-alone.

Diego and Isabel can be viewed as star-crossed lovers. They were in love, argued and didn't see each other again for twenty years. They got back togethe
Petra
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My original Dead Time audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

The third book in the “Between Two Evils” series starts off right where Lost Time ended and continues the story from the perspectives of Diego, Shannon, and Lani. Diego is still in an alternate universe 20 years in the future trying to get back to his own time and his Isabel (hopefully). Shannon is held at the biodome occupied by a herd of misogynistic zealots. In the meantime, Lani wants to go rescue her d
Cheryl Whitty
The books in this series go from strength to strength, they just keep on pulling you deeper into this saga. This is such a feast for the imagination with so much going on. We are introduced to a lot more people from different domes. Not always pleasant ones
Shannon was abducted by some religious fanatics, but the one good thing was she met and married Peter. Unfortunately the path to true love is never easy, neither is trying to escape.
We met the Isabel in this dimension, who now married to David
Sally Lindsay-briggs
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was very exciting and I enjoyed the continuting saga of all the characters in books 1 and 2. The characters were very real and vital. This virus that contaminated their world is something that could happen to us in the real world. Let's hope that there are some savy scientists that will help us out. Come out with the fourth book soon Ms. Orton. Thank you for my free adventure in reading.
J.L. Smith
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coming off of books one and two, I was familiar with the characters and the story as a whole so I was all too eager to get into this to see what would happen next in this gripping, time-travel based suspenseful mystery.

Personally, it helped to become familiar with these two works first because Orton pulls you in right into those works. This one was no different as it continues the story from book two, Lost in Time.

Dead Time surrounds favorites Diego, Shannon, Isabella, and Lani—among others in
Jenny
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More of our favourite characters! Yet the author makes it difficult for us, as we have the original Diego and Iz that we love and are rooting for, and then there are the variations on Diego and Iz from the other universes - whom we also want to be ok! Other characters have been introduced that we care about - Shannon is the focus for a lot of this story and her part of the story fits well into the main story yet could almost be a short story in its own right - quite interesting, but very differe ...more
Inishowen Cailín
After reading the first two books in the series I was on tenterhooks to find out what happened to Shannon. Her story arc was terrifying, suspenseful, exciting and surprisingly it had a little sweet romance.
I loved that the story unfolded from the P.O.V. of the different main characters. Diego's quest to travel back in time and save his world also made riveting reading. The story of the alternate Isabelle and James was quite sad but I loved how their story concluded.
Dead Time is incredibly fast p
Deedra
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a well written,futuristic story.There are time machines ,people knowing people in every reality.A girl is kidnapped and married to a 'prince' in a bio dome that belongs to a cult.We meet all the people from different realities while they attempt a rescue.I enjoyed it a lot.Erin Deward and Noah Michael Levine were terrific narrators.“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.”
Inishowen Cailín
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dead Time is incredibly fast p
Anne (The Reading Life)
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit my head is going to explode.

*What is going on...?*

I received a free copy for an honest review

First off, don't try to skip a book in this series and pretend that you can just pick off right where's it left off.

(lesson learned)

So let's start off with the first book (because if I don't summarize this entire series you'll have no idea what I'm talking about too in my review anyway). Basically first there's Deigo and Isabel who were in love but then separated because of a misundersta
Keith Moser
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, fiction
[Full disclosure: I received a pre-publication copy of the manuscript to proofread but my review is unsolicited. I just need to review every book I read because #OCD]

I really enjoyed the world & characters that DL Orton created in her first two books—Crossing in Time & Lost Time—and I was looking forward to reading more of the series and finding out how our heroes save the world!

Dead Time picks up right where Lost Time left off—Shannon has been kidnapped by a bunch of backwoods religious nutball
AudioBookReviewer
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The third book in the "Between Two Evils" series starts off right where "Lost Time" ended and continues the story from the perspectives of Diego, Shannon, and Lani. Diego is still in an alternate universe 20 years in the future trying to get back to his own time and his Isabel (hopefully). Shannon is held at the biodome occupied by a herd of misogynistic zealots. In the meantime, Lani wants to go rescue her
Damien
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the best book in the series so far. There are a few small niggles which I'll get to in a minute. But overall its great and I agree with the other reviewers who say Shannon's story in particular stands out.

What impresses most about DL Orton is not the prose itself(don't get me wrong it does the job) and rather her ability to conceptualize complex story lines that interweave between now three different universes. I think that ability stood out more in this book than the other two. I don't
Laurie
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dead Time is the third book in the Between Two Evil series by D.L. Orton. This novel continues the theme of syfy and time travel that fans have come to enjoy in D. L. Orton's work. Dead Time picks up exactly where book two ended and provides first person POV from Shannon, Lani, and Diego. All three characters are dealing with the consequences of their choices in past books and are desperately trying to find a way to survive. I truly enjoy having multiple POVs in novels, especially when an author ...more
Gretel
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to start out by again being absolutely stunned by Noah Michael Levine's narration. I really missed out by reading book 2 instead of listening to it. My only complaint was that Lonnie's little brother sounded too much like Shannon's beau. Erin DeWard's narration was also pretty fantastic and definitely more impressive this time.

I listened to Dead Time nearly a year and a half after having read Lost Time, and I'm certain I would have gotten more out of this installment had I read the books
Jaide
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
D.L. Orton's Dead Time (Between Two Evil's #3) continues where Lost Time left off, with the kidnapping of Shannon by the crazies at the biodome where Mathers and Diego had stopped to gas the airplane. The books in this series are both character and plot driven, and throughout all three novels they remain true to form. Diego makes some astounding discoveries in Dead Time, which allows him to understand and continue with his mission--to find his true love, Isabel, the love that crosses all time, s ...more
Jeanie
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bravo, Bravo! This is the 3rd book of the series and it ranks up there with my review of the first book! I loved the constant but not overwhelming action. You really have to pay close attention when dealing with more than one universe where there are the same characters (with different names) playing out a similar situation: trying to reverse the devastation of the world from a horrible virus. Keeps your mind in constant alertness.

After reading the first two books I was a little more relaxed (ha
K.S. Agustin
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With her daughter, Shannon, being held captive in a dilapidated biodome inhabited by religious zealots, Lani decides to rescue Shannon, by herself. However, an accident in the Bub causes her to reconsider her plans and leave her daughter’s fate in the hands of someone else. Shannon, realizing how right her mother is, finds herself in a world where men greatly outnumber women and the very few women left treat her with contempt. In the midst of them is Peter, a beacon that shines brightly in Shann ...more
Claire
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Dead Time is book three of the Between Two Evils series and picks up where book three left off. D.L. Orton has once again shown her readers just how gifted an author she is. Dead Time is even more intriguing and full of action as the first two books.There were so many edge of the seat moments!
I'm also always impressed by the authors ability to write in alternating persons so seamlessly, especially in this book where there is so much to the plot and she manages to tell the story without it being
Claire
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've really been enjoying this series, the time travel and alternate reality concepts are really well done and create some very interesting situations.

I'm impressed with the skill it must take to keep track of what your characters are doing in multiple realities and how that affects their personalities and their actions.

The subtle differences between the realities are well done and the story line s complex since it crossed between realities.

Diego has been my favorite character in the series, h
Blogging Mama101
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so first of all you don't need me to tell you to buy this book - it's installment three, it's Diego & Isabel!!!

I won't give anything away but I will tell you it doesn't disappoint. There's the continued romance we're all hanging on, the action, the juxtaposition of multiple worlds, new characters and subplots to explore.

I love how DL Orton writes. She is gritty and gripping. Her romances are real and raw and a bit magical at the same time. And the worlds in which she constructs her epic is c
Danielle Urban
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dead Time by DL Orton is book three to an entertaining series. Cleverly written by the award-winning writer. I can see why...her talent shines forth on each page. The plot grabs my attention. Leaving alert for what may come next. Fast-paced, edgy, and thrilling to read. Dead Time takes readers from their seats and sends them forth into the book. I was hooked. DL Orton has once more captured my interest. Her latest novel is a fantasy time-travel adventure that snatches readers up....overall, I re ...more
Jonathan Reich
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book literally picked up right where book ended leaving me with the feeling that it was more of a book 2.5. It really should have just been one big book, but I digress. As for the content...wow. It had all of the twists you want and the talented storyline you have come to expect from Orton. It seems like a conclusion of the Diego saga and feels like it's about to get bigger somehow. Orton had me worried with the Shannon storyline and I was on the edge of my proverbial seat the entire time. ...more
Karen
This book is so well written and kept me glued to my kindle till the last page.And I am eagerly awaiting the release of book four because I NEED to know what happens next.The author is quite talented at world building and creating interesting characters that i feel invested in.The unique twist of a postapocolyptic world and alternate universes is so intriguing.I received a copy of this book from the author to voluntarily review.
Shanna Tidwell
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best series I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading or listening to. It would make an excellent tv series or mini series. Rarely do I consume a series straight through like I did this one. There is room for so many stories from this world/s. I hope we get more.
Thanks for writing such an entertaining and brilliant series and for picking such amazing narrators. I can’t wait to read &/or listen to more by DL Orton.
This series has it all, time travel, science fiction, doomsday & r
Jean
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overcoming the Impossible...

This is the third book in the "Between Two Evils" Series, and it centers around Shannon, Peter, Lani, Diego, and a Magical Kindom.

Each well developed character has his or her own demons to battle.

Overall, a well developed futuristic storyline.

Erin DeWard and Noah Michael Levine did really well as the narrators.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the author at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review."
Leanne Tovo
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are some very detailed reviews here as far as plot lines go so I won't double up on that part; suffice to say that DL Orton is a master at weaving storylines and timelines, and keeps the intrigue going with such an easy manner of storytelling that is really very, very enjoyable. Expect to stay up late (once again) reading book 3, and be disappointed that you can't immediately devour book 4. This is really a very satisfying read.
Diane Timmons
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series

I loved the love story between Isabelle and Diego. I give the whole series five stars. The story pulls you back in for all the books.
Another Thyme
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first two books in this series I was pleased to have the chance to read more of this fantastic adventure story. (If you haven't already read the author's Lost Time and Crossing In Time give this one a miss until you do, it is not a stand alone book.)

A time travel, sci fi story, the plot of these books is well thought out and presented and would surely enthral any fan of the genre. I feel confident in recommending this series to any reader.
Goodreads Librari...: Add Awards Too, Please 2 12 May 05, 2020 02:37PM
Goodreads Librari...: 3rd Book in Series Not Showing Up in Series 4 193 Sep 17, 2017 12:36PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please fix author name and combine 3 8 Apr 27, 2017 02:26PM

• Chasing Shadows (Shadow Ops, #1)
  • DIRTY (Jackie Mercer, #1)
  • Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts, #2)
  • Knot Gneiss (Xanth, #34)
  • Solace From Shadows: Where Mortality and Eternity Collide (Heart and Soul, #1)
  • Light and Shadows (Heart and Soul, #2)
  • Fatemarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #1)
  • Light Over Dark Water (Heart and Soul, #4)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • The Merging (Las Vegas Paranormal Police Department #1)
  • Curse the Day (Spellbound #1)
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Mummy Case (Jim Knighthorse, #2)
  • Dark Horse (Jim Knighthorse, #1)
  • The Hangman (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #6.5)
  • Spectra: A Cynical Superhero (Spectra, #1)
AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR D. L. ORTON lives in the Rocky Mountains where she and her husband are raising three boys, a golden retriever, two Siberian cats, and an extremely long-lived Triops.

In her spare time, she's building a time machine so that someone can go back and do the laundry.

Website:

Twitter:
Twitter.com/@DL_Orton

Ms Orton is a graduate of Stanford University's Writers Works

Between Two Evils (3 books)
  • Crossing in Time (Between Two Evils, #1)
  • Lost Time (Between Two Evils, #2)