Start by marking “Winner” as Want to Read:
Winner

Winner

Roselette Horton...
Miss Prim and Proper.
Arm candy for one of the richest men in Hoffman.
Fate had her saving my life. Now I'm indebted to repay the favour.
Rose has the biggest stick up her arse. It’s surprising she can even put one foot in front of the other. She has no clue what it means to be living, or who she really is. To the outside world Rose has everything, but t
ebook
Published July 2017 by Obie Books

To ask other readers questions about Winner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winner

Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Winner is a whimsical tale, where the actual plot was a bit hard for me to grasp.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Winner starts with a horrible flash-back into Tank's past, then slides into the present. He has a hard job at a steel mill, and no money. Until he wins the lottery, that is. Only, he can't believe his own luck, and almost loses the ticket when he's in a car accident and his car catches fire.
There is a lot going on, but I didn't really invest in
Gill Melling
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to make of this latest book by Belle Brooks. Was it going to make me cry buckets like Always You did, was it going to make me question my own sanity like the Thirty Day trilogy did or leave me hanging like One Fear did? Well, the answer is none of the above! Once again Belle has written a totally different book.
In Winner, we meet Finley and Rose, a more unlikely couple you couldn't imagine. He's definitely from the wrong side of the tracks, had a shocking childhood, lost someo
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
When opposites attract, this book has it all, suspense, angst, love, happiness. I swear this author has a way with words I've not felt before,

finding yourself all over again and understanding who you truly are is what this book is all about and along the way on the journey of self discovery there is loss, heartache, winning and losing but above all soul searching and finding who you are.

The ending came all to quickly and maybe felt a little rushed, but none the less it took no enjoyment away f
Alicia Huxtable
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how Belle Brooks does it. She has written another gripping book, with suspense, love and angst. Her characters are loveable......well with a few exceptions of course. I absolutely loved reading this tale.
Katy Battisti
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Winner was another amazing book written by Belle Brooks. This was a little different from the other books she has written. This was a sweet love story but with angst! Wrong side of the tracks meets high society posh life. Finlay "accidentally" meets Roselette by fate and on the day that could change his life forever. The storyline was so good and will captivate you from the beginning. I loved Fin, Alan, Tessa and "the Lads" with their crazy family dynamic. I wanted to be mad a ...more
Maggie Schuler
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Finley 'Tank' Crossley believes in the good of people despite his losses and socio-economic situation. Through his good fortune, and luck, he is blessed with the ability to change the lives of those he cares for most. His idea of paying it forward is selfless and heartfelt.

Roselette, Rose, is hiding behind the shield of pomp and circumstance. Her outward appearance refined and well groomed per her social status. However, Tank can see through this facade and he is determined to free Rose from he
Janneke Wolbers
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Damn Finlay! Quite impossible not to fall in love with someone like him!
Tessa however was my favorite character in this book.
I hope this will continue as a series cause i would love to read more about Fin and Rose!
Loved this
Na
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

"Baby, our life together is just the beginning, but I have a feeling it's going to be the life of a winner."

"You're not a loser, Fin. You never were. You'll always be a winner to me."

This is my third book by Belle Brooks and for me Belle just became an author I would blindly one-click every next publication.

Winner is a story about the bravery of finding yourself and at the same remaining true to yourself. It's about friendship, love and
David Maher
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
"Tank" as he's known to his friends, has always been a loser. Relegated to the foster care system as a child, ranked 'least likely to succeed' at school, and witness as the girl he'd vowed to protect, the girl he loved was murdered right before his eyes.

But, as they say, when your number is up, your number is up. I'm just not sure that saying is supposed to apply to lottery numbers. Maybe, thanks to one tiny slip of paper, Tank might be able to shake that big L he's felt stamped on his forehead
Ana Rita
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What to think of a tittle like this one without reading the Blurb? Will it be about a player? A playboy? A poor guy or girl? Who cares because after reading the blurb I knew that I needed to read it. Will I like it?
Belle Brooks is a new author to me and let's just say that I really enjoyed her writing. She has an intense that can be sometimes very dark writing, but don't let this scare you because you will fall in love for this book.
Winner tells the stories of Finlay aka Tank and Rose.
Let me j
Trish Sutherland
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Belle Brooks that I have read and I must say I'm impressed.
Winner is a rags to riches story. It's about one man's bid to make a better life for himself and the people who are the only family he has ever known. It's also about a girl who has been raised in a privileged life but is forced to do what her family wants to keep there prestige and title.

Fin - Finlay Crossley (Tank) and Rose - Roselette Horton are two people from two different worlds and the definition of Oppo
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
OMG I seriously loved this story. From the first page I was drawn in and I was unable to put the book down, I read in one sitting. Reality just didn't seem to be able to bring me out of this world, Belle Brooks has such an amazingly unique way with her words, she captured me completely and turned me into an emotional wreck lol.

I adored Tank, he's such a strong, sweet character. He'd been through so much and even with a life changing event, he still remembers who the important people were in his
Clare
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this was a book that totally took me by surprise. One minute I was reading an ok story that starts a little slow but then suddenly it just started to explode across the pages.
Finley Crossley and Roselette Horton are opposites attract with them both coming from the opposite sides of the tracks. Their story isnt just a random tale of boy meets girl there is so much more to their coming together against the odds of where their social standing dictates who they should be with.
Finley is a kind
Sandra Loves Reading
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolute gem of a book!
It started off a bit slow and I really wasn't sure of it. Then the story took off and after that it totally grabbed me.
Our hero, Finlay, doesn't have two pennies to rub together, much the same as the people he cares about. But he's a good hearted chap and tries to do his best for everyone.
Then his luck changes for the better. And things kind of explode around him. This is how he meets Roselette and how she rescues him.
Now this really is a rags-to-riches tale and ap
2OCC Reviews
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica
I have read almost all the books by this author and have loved them all and this one was no different. Fin was a different type of character then what I’ve been reading recently, so I loved that he was unique to me. The romance was fun to watch, it was a slow burn feel with amazing attraction, but I have to say I loved all the character interaction best. Each character was their own and they all meant something to the story. Another great book by this author. 5 Stars #2OCCJD
Teresa Lara
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.I loved this.Rose and Fins story is awesome.Winner is one of my favorite reads.Fina and Roses love story is unique.Couldnt put this down.
Tracey Vuolo
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle was meant to write books that touch your heart and don't let go! This book is everything and more!
I could not stop reading. My emotions were on overload. Opposites attract that is for sure. You want to smack these two and tell them to get it together, but then the story wouldn't be as good! You need the drama, angst, sarcasm, tears, love and laughter to make it all come together and be worth every second. Fin and Rose are both such strong characters that make you fall in love with them. Th
Chris
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the characters and premise of this story. It doesn't matter how much money you have., it won't make you happy or make you a good person. Any when all is said and done in life if you can look back and say "I was kind and I did something good with my life"that is what matters. Thank you Belle for reminding us all of that lesson.
Kelly Sutton
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Belle out does herself with every new release. It had many twists and turns along the way, and her words kept me engrossed in the book from beginning to end. It made me laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time! Every girl needs a man like Finlay, he's a dream come true.
Nancy Freedman
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I was given an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review and I'm voluntarily leaving my review. Well Belle Brooks did it again. I loved the book so much that I told everyone that I knew to go buy it. This is DEFINITELY A ONE-CLICK AND MUST READ
Jodena Pysher
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle Brooks does it again. Winner has you reaching for the tissues in a beautifully written rags to riches love story. I can't wait for more from this wonderful author.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wow what a great different kind of story by Belle Brooks.
I loved Finlay right from the start of the book, he showed what a man just surviving looks like.
rose and fin togther makes my heart melt, they are just so very sweet.
this story has the Australian/English way of talking and as akways is refreshing to see in Belle Brooks books.
I highly recommend this to anyone new to belle or if you have read her before don't hesitate in picking a copy up.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Cashelmara Suthers
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off I would like to say that I loved this book! It did start off a bit slow, making me feel like I was not 100% sure what was going on, but then it turned into a book with a little bit of everything in it. There was some romance, laughs and angst. I have to say that Belle has quickly become one of my favorite authors. Thank you for the ride yet again!!!!!
Angie Voss
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know that feeling you have after a crazy roller coaster ride? That one where you can't catch your breath? Well, that's similar to the feeling I had at the end of Winner. I had just been through a roller coaster of emotions and loved every tear-filled moment.
Winner will introduce you to characters you love and others you will love to hate. Well done, Belle Brooks, with another story that will stay with me.
*Honored to have been given an ARC in return for an honest review.
Emily
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winner is my favorite book of Belle’s so far! It is, like always, well written with well-developed characters. It is a wrong side of the tracks love story with a little mystery involved. Tank is a great character that you will be rooting for through his growth. He is a strong physical character with a great heart that really made me love him. Rose is a woman torn between duty and her true self trying to break free and learn who she is. A beautiful love story helps to evolve two characters growth ...more
Angie Adams
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've received a ARC copy of this book and all I can sayou is wow. This book had me going up and down and made my heart stop a couple times.. I could not put it down.. every person deserves a guy like Finley.. Belle Brooks has done it again.. I recommend this book to everyone..
Michele Barnette
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing.. I couldn't put it down. I would love to have a Tank.
Diane Cunningham
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow I fell in love with Tank and his kind heart from the beginning of the book. He had a rough start to his life but he never let it get to him and he stayed true to his friends when his life changed for the better. It was nice to see Tank's fortunes change and to see how he never let his money change the lovely kind person he was. It's true when they say money can't buy you happiness as we see this in the families in his new wealthy neighbourhood. Belle has a lovely way with words her books dra ...more
Katelyn Peters
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle Brooks has done it again.

This book has had me floored beginning to end. I was gutted by the termoils Fin had gone through and floored by Rose and her life. This book had me flipping the pages to find out what happened next. Every girl deserves a love like Fin.

Never a disappointment when reading her books.
Christina Balaz
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Belle Brooks has written another amazing story a little bit different to her previous books. It had a little bit of everything - romance, a little humour and a rollercoaster of emotions. I loved how she brought the characters and their world to life, I found it to be a very sweet read.
I loved how the story built up to Fin and Rose meeting properly. I loved how they first met (Rose saving him) and the spark they had between them then. Fin was just an all-round perfect guy. I loved how caring and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born in Australia, Belle Brooks has always had a passion for books and creative writing. She loves exploring the different ways stories can be told through the use of text and in-depth characters. Since she was a child her strong talent and interest in creative writing was evident, explaining that her favourite class in school was English. Despite her love for all things books, she decided the wor ...more