Start by marking “Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It” as Want to Read:
Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It

Read Book

Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It

You’re on a road trip with an old man and a younger one.

Business stories are told. Wisdom is revealed. A new perspective emerges. Companies like Costco and Kodak, General Motors and Walmart provide color and texture as they appear on the horizon and in the rearview mirror. Real companies. Real decisions. Real outcomes. Jeff Bezos and Amazon give this road trip its rhythm
Published April 9th 2017 by Wizard Academy Press

To ask other readers questions about Be Like Amazon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Like Amazon

Start your review of Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It
Christine
Jan 14, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Добре че книгата е кратка. Написана е като диалог между двама души, младеж със собствен бизнес и старец, който се явява Йода. Помежду си се наричат "Слънце" и "Вожде", тотален криндж. Диалогът е наситен с пълнежи - изречения от типа "Сим Салабим." wft
Има много малко неща, които могат да се отсеят като полезни. Всяка страница е пропита с тъпото мото "клиенът винаги е прав", което аз мразя от дъното а душата си. Всеки търговец трябва да се грижи за клиентите си и за това да са доволни. Да предоста
Steve Sarner
Wanna be like Amazon? Then don’t eat the marshmallow.

This book totally surprised me. It is like no other business book I have ever read. Are there other business books like it? Perhaps, but I haven’t read one.

And I read a lot of business books.

This really caught me by surprise; a pleasant surprise.

Semi-Spoiler Alert: I will provide a little flavor on why it was so different for me below. If you would like to come at it completely fresh – stop reading now.

Ok – so what is this all about and what
JuanMartitegui
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the Best 5 Business Books I've ever read.

The wizard did it again. This book is profound and applicable, simple but insightful that I'll be making it mandatory read for everybody that's in my company and joins from now on. Before I used to make them read several books (some dry and boring) but know I have this.

Thanks for writing it. And thanks for writing it in a way that's digestible, engaging, funny and entertaining.

Just stop reading this review and buy the book for you, your employee
Jim Sterne
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun, provocative and Wiley useful

It doesn't matter that I've known Bryan and Jeffrey for a decade and a half. It doesn't matter that this book is written with gentle humor and a sweet smile. It doesn't matter that you can finish reading it on an airplane. What matters is that this book is packed with solid business smarts and specific instructions on taking advantage of insightful thinking, based on published examples. Read this book. Now. Seriously.
Laurierhoads
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ FOR ANY CEO: Big or Small Business

As a cereal CEO, founder of many businesses and start-ups, I've always been looking for something, which will make my job easier. Though an easy route isn't what I seek, I've always known that running a business isn't for the faint of heart, therefore any single advantage to make things work a little better is always welcomed.

I wish I had read this book when I started my first companies. Thankfully I finally found it. This outlines things I never an
James
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fr, 2017, favorites
I loved the whole concept of the book. I have read many of the "How To Succeed In Business" type books and this is the first time I have seen one put into a story format.

Sunshine and Poobah are heading on a road trip, and Poobah is imparting his business wisdom to the young Sunshine, explaining the success of Amazon and the downfall of previously successful companies like Sears. What a fun read.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First-Reads.
Maheesh Jain
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great business book that covers the 4 pillars of Amazon's success and how any business can replicate them. It's a fast read and as a bonus - doesn't read like a textbook. Covers areas that you may have read about before in isolation, but goes further and shows how bringing together the 4 pillars can transform a business. Highly recommend it - I know I'll be using it as a reference book on future projects. ...more
Ricardo Gulko
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finalized reading this book. Now without any doubt :-) and any second or third thought, I can strongly recommend you! The Book content quality is great like Amazon #CustomerExperience and #CustomerServices! Highly recommended! Made in the Eisenberg Brothers House! Bryan Eisenberg and Jeffrey Eisenberg #CX #CEM #custexp #Custserv
Julie
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 - Thought provoking advice with several key takeaways, however, the way it was written got irritating as I went along.
Seth Sparks
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast, fulfilling read.

This is the business book you've been wanting to read. Heck, it's like the business book I've been wanting to write. There's no textbook format here, it's just like eavesdropping on a conversation between an incredibly wise mentor and a young entrepreneur. You can be like Amazon, and this simple text explains how to get started.
Gisela Hausmann
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book that I will reread.

There are a quite few things I like about this book, "Be Like Amazon: Even a Lemonade Stand Can Do It."
1. At 144 pages the book is manageable; readers can read it in one sitting (which I didn't), and the ones who don't won't forget the content between readings,
2. the book has a fabulous beginning which says, "We are not going to throw around BIG words here, we are hoping to impress you with simplicity"
3. the book features a fair amount of history, I believe
Jim Hart
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Concise, to the point. Great approach to telling a powerful story.

Well told story. Very powerful story told in an entertaining and concise way. Read it in an hour and a half and I'm a slow reader.
Николай Митев
Съдържанието на книгата е поднесено в контекста на разговор между двама души - млад и стар, които се обръщат един към друг със "Слънце" и "Вожде" и се усеща някакво сексуално напрежение между тях, което е скандално, защото в същия момент Слънцето звучи като 12 годишен и изобщо работите на тези двамата не са им никак чисти.

Има наистина полезни съвети, въпреки че четох книгата вчера и днес не мога да се сетя за нищо конкретно, но пък е само 98 страници, така че всичко е наред.

Bill Peel
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short book was recommended to me by my dear friend, and fellow voracious reader, Robert Riggs. It’s interesting how the fable reinforces Amazon’s Four Pillars - Customer Centricity. Continuous Optimization. Culture of Innovation. Corporate Agility. It’s an easy read, yet prompts many opportunities for introspection and reflection. The examples are clear, concise and memorable. The Buyer Legend process is enticing and worth examining for any entrepreneur or executive who is committed to turn ...more
Joseph Santiago
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book uses a story to convey complex ideas, principals, and comparisons in a way that makes them feel easy to get. The story reminded me of the best features from the Rich Dad Poor Dad series of books. While this book was not presented in the way that most of us expect academic material presented, I think that this is the book's strength. I remember the information from this book because of the context cues of the story. I found this book to be good and informative read.

Mr Joe
Martijn Reintjes
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short fun book that makes the point that you should focus on the 4 pillars of Amazon to build a thriving business that survives the ages:
1. Costumer Centricity
2. Continuous Optimization
3. Culture of Innovation
4. Corporate Agility

Thomas Brooks
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an exceptional read for entrepreneurs. Very concise and to the point. Looks into some of the best leaders ever (Sam Walton, Herb Kelleher and Jeff Bezos). I will use this book as a reference going forward.
Alex
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some simple and profound business lessons mixed in with some not so great Halo Effects. Entertaining and fun to read, but mixed in with some clunky plugs towards the end. Definitely worth reading, but I'd give it a 3.8 or 3.9. ...more
Egdares Futch
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Business advice on doing what Amazon does best: customer-centric innovation
Darko Doko
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, psychology
How to make a full topic interesting. very good
Robert Petkovic
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Robert by: Jim Sterne
Shelves: business
The book every business owner should read on the next business trip

It is among shorter books I’ve read but the one I took the most highlights and notes from! At first I thought this is going to be some short story on success, but it turned out to be one of the finest textbooks on business and customer centricity. Like many great advices and useful concepts in life, it is simple yet powerful and it’s advices are simple yet hard to implement. This is the book every business owner should read on hi
Cherrie Chung
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At first, based on the format of the book, I thought the information was not going to be in-depth and more of general information that I could read online. However, this quickly changed as the authors provided more insights to what truly make a business successful, providing examples I have not heard before. Very inspiring and I got many pointers out of it. Definitely recommend reading it.
Mel Clark
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a business book, unlike others. It is inspiring! It's well written. Easy to read. Almost a "page turner"! ...more
Miles
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The audiobook is amazing to hear. Tells such a great story and you learn so much. Very thought provoking
Darrell Knippshild
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads, nonfiction
Goodreads
Vilislav Slavev
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. It is appropriate for entrepreneurs, business owners, people with startups and ideas 💡
I would definitely go through it again in the near future!
watermelon 🍉
Не ми харесва начинът, по който е написана, но определено нещата, които са качазани са доста важни! Бих препоръчала, носи ценна информация, доста малка (прочита се за ден/два)
D. Thrush
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
There’s no doubt that Amazon is a business success and one that we can learn from. Lessons from Amazon and other successful and failed businesses are dispensed during a conversation between the older Poobah and Sunshine, which are silly names but the format makes it very readable. There’s good advice in this short, quick read but wait till it’s on sale. I got it for free.
Drew
Jan 02, 2018
Hakerike Bey
Jan 01, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth With Intelligent Buy and Hold Real Estate Investing
  • Сън
  • The Definitive Book of Body Language
  • This Won't Scale: 41 Plays From The Drift Marketing Team To Help Your Business Cut Through The Noise, Grow Faster Than The Competition & Thrill Your Customers
  • Keep Going: 10 Ways to Stay Creative in Good Times and Bad
  • 5 изречения: кратки разкази
  • Sapiens - история в картинки (Том 1)
  • Mastering the VC Game: A Venture Capital Insider Reveals How to Get from Start-up to IPO on Your Terms
  • The Communication Book: 44 Ideas for Better Conversations Every Day
  • The Decision Book: Fifty Models for Strategic Thinking
  • Нощ
  • Дом
  • The Behaviour Gap: Simple Ways to Stop Doing Dumb Things with Money
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • За кого се сещаш, когато се сещаш за някого
  • Happy Brain: Where Happiness Comes From, and Why
  • Радостта от живота по френски
  • Auschwitz Lullaby