Start by marking “23:27” as Want to Read:

Fame. Money. Glory.

These were all the things that you would expect from being famous. The bait that the producers of the industry would tempt you with to get you on their side.

What they don't tell you though are all the inner tragedies that come along just as quickly. They don't tell you about the heartache that occurs when you realize that this wasn't what you wanted at a
Published November 24th 2017 by CaDaVa Publishing

Dianne
Enter H.L. Roberts' 23:27 Giveaway! Three eCopies - Intl - Ends January 25, 2018 - Click on Banner to Enter!

Fame. Money. Glory.

Part of me wants to die tonight...

Was she a victim or the instigator of the nightmare and the media hype that led her to that fateful night in room 327? Did she really want to die or did she want her knight in shining armor to save her? The one man who loved her unconditionally, the one man she broke with her lies will pay for her actions, again. This is more than th
She Always Reads  (Cia Black)
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
23:27 is a remarkable book that covers so many different social topics that seem to cast out in the YA world. 23:27 focus on Lilith Rose, who after rising to fame ponder the thoughts of why she is even being. What started as a slow decline due to the band’s management dictating the personal lives and how it is to be exposed to the media and the fans. End with lack of self-care turned to self-harm and manifested to revealing her inner truths on a live stream.

That’s right, a Live stream. H.L. Robe
Marie Julien
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

''A really captivating read. Couldn't put the book away! A must read for young Adult readers!''

Well hello there,
good thing you're here searching for reviews! I've got one for you down below! Be sure to get yourself some tea and cookies, because I've got a lot to say ;)

Before you start reading: I got to read this book as an ARC in return of an honest review, so: That's what I'm going to give you. - Excuse me for my terrible English and grammar, you have been warned.

First impression:
I must say I
Jessica | Booked J
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-earc-queue
(3.5, probably going to get changed to a 4.) As a note, a review copy of this novel was provided in exchange for an honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way. Thank you! Review also posted here.

WOW. Just, wow. Now, I know that my 3.5 may throw you off when it comes to my 'wow'--I have to say that I did enjoy this novel quite a lot. That isn't to mean it didn't have flaws. It just so happened the flaws are pretty mundane in comparison to the emotional punch that the rest of 23:27
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received in ARC in exchange for an honest review.

First, the cover is perfect.

I went in to this book semi-blind. After saying that, I didn't know what to expect. What I know now, is I really liked this book! My heart felt for Lilith Rose. I loved her character.

The writing style is superb. The author took two of my favorite things, reading and music and put it into one beautiful story. If you guys are thinking of reading this book, take a chance on it, and let yourself be surprised.
Emily
Lilith Rose has nearly everything she could want - fame, money, glory. She's the lead singer in an uber-famous band. But it is not what people think it is. The things that go on behind the scenes are enough to drive a person to do horrible things. Sick of it all, Lilith turns on a live video stream to the the world what really happened.

***In order for me to treat this novel to the kind of review it needs, I will have to include spoilers. Read on at your own peril.***

I am not sure how to respond
Paige Green
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Rating: 3/5

Genre: New Adult Contemporary/Romance

Recommended Age: 18+ (mature scenes, some gore, trigger warnings for rape and depression)

Fame.

Money.

Glory.

Rae Lake
Sep 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Haley Rhoades
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Raw, emotional, and I couldn’t put it down.

Without any spoilers, it is tough to share my deep love of this book. I felt every emotion—all the Love, the hopelessness, and the pain of Lilith and Alec. I cried, I clapped, and I yelled while reading. I suffer from depression and found HL Roberts’ writing very true to the despair Lilith and Alec would struggle with.
When love is true love, the interference of outsiders has very real ramifications.

A quick read full of a roller coaster of emotions. Ad
Hannah Owens
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a diverse read, but it's also more than that. It's raw and emotional, and real. It will break your heart, and in the next sentence have you laughing. It is a book about cyber bullying, suicide, and suicide prevention. While the characters are fictional, their story is true for many. I found it easy to connect with the characters. Anyone who has suffered from depression can connect with Lilith, and anyone who has loved someone with depression can connect to Alec. Or maybe you can ide ...more
Joanne Freitas
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book is so powerfull. It talks about the difficults of being famous, everybody thinks that famous people have the perfect life but nobody knows the pressure they have to take every single day. Everyday is a battle for them, inside and outside.
Lissa Hawley
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is not a comfortable book. A lot of the situations are a bit too raw for my tastes. I am a fantasy girl at heart, and I need my heroics and happily ever afters.

And while the story did ultimately end on a positive note, it isn't the sort of story I would seek out for myself.

However, given Colleen Hoover's legions of fans, I do think it is the kind of book many others would enjoy.

There are some typos scattered here and there throughout, but not enough to distract overly from the plot.
Palacesofparagraphs
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin about 23:27? It's phenomenal, it's wonderful, and it's nothing like books currently on the market. In talking with Heather since before the cover reveal, I had no clue what the book would be about other than what she told me. So I kept trying to figure out what books it was like, and at first I threw out some titles... and she agreed yeah I can see that, but after reading it it's incomparable. Heather writes the main characters to be so relatable, Lilith isn't overly fake or drama ...more
Larissa Rumiantzeff
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe someone here said they were expecting 13 reasons why, when they started reading this book. Same here. But boy, was I wrong!

Lilith has just started a live broadcast with her fans and everyone she knows. To the world outside, she seems to have it all. A carreer as a singer, success, lots of money, adoring fans. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. Truth is, she's never been in more pain, more unsure of herself, and tonight, the entire world will know just how much.

Lilith is about to
Primrose Passage
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an emotional book. From the beginning to quite literally the end. I was torn between what to rate it because I loved yet hated the events all at once. I know a handful of people who have experienced depression while the other had no clue how to help the person deal with it. And to be honest, you won't know because you haven't experienced it. Alec and Lilith had been through so much together that I wasn't sure what the outcome would be during the entire story. I cried during parts all wh ...more
Laila Viking
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Well written story with nice storyline and plot. I like that the characters are relatable and likeable. It has a nice pace to it. But it was very predictable and could have had a bit more twists in it. It was very heavy reading at times.

It is written in dual POV which gives the reader much more of the thoughts and feelings of the main characters. Great romance with a twist and very enjoyable read. The epilogue was very welcome and gave the story more to it and it finished better of than without
Blake Morton
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the best read I have read in along time! This book, is emotionally driven and it captures you from the start. I am not one to normally read this type of book but I received a copy in exchange for a review and guys, this book is for you as much as it is for the ladies
Elle
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
***SPOILERS AHEAD. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!!!***

If you don’t pay attention, you don’t see exactly what the deal with this story is and you just wonder what the hell is wrong with them. Then, read a small paragraph that puts the word “racist”, and the entire thing makes sense… in chapter 5. Yep. Well, it did for me, but I had to reread some chunks of the story previous to that so I could understand it.

It was just weird, plain and simple. The story is from two points of view, and I enjoy that most of
Valorie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Lilith and Alec are members of a band United Misfits. Theirs was a whirlwind romance, not too popular with the music executive high ups or, apparently, many of their fans. The novel begins with a depressed Lilith livestreaming to her fans, telling them about the anger and pain she still feels over her and Alec’s breakup. The livestream confession takes a terrifying turn when it is revealed that Lilith plans to kill herself. Now it is a race against time to save her. And Alec, understanding the t ...more
Korina
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The emotional rollcoster of my summer!

It's 1:41 am and my phone is on 11%, but I had to write this review because I just finished this book and the feels are just too much! H.L Roberts brings a must read YA, full of love, hate, dispare, and pain...

I receive a pdf ARC of this book from the author, in exchange for a honest review... well lets just say this book diserves it. This summer my reading list involved a stack of Sarah Dessen, Cassandra Clare, & JK Rowling but BAM! Here is 23:37 by H.
Kayla
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They say don’t judge a book by its cover. 23:27 is the exception. Not only is the cover beautiful, but it fits the story wonderfully. Going into the story I was a little weary on how the storyline would play out (given that it is a book about suicide and everything is being viewed on a live stream), but the more I read, the more I was less weary and more intrigued with the story and its characters. 23:27 is a diverse, socially relevant, genuine, and just overall fantastic read. The main characte ...more
Cristina
~ I received an e-copy of the book in exchange for an honest review~

A true roller-coaster of feelings.Deep.Gripping. Drama.

With a storyline that promises to break and unbreak your heart, make your heart skip a few beats, your soul to stay right in front of you eating popcorn from a big bowl, 23:27 is the ideal read if you love YA story that have a very big twist and plots at every turn of the page.

I am not joking when I say that this book had me at the edge of my seat and got me hooked from the
D.L. Hopkins
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: because
This is the sweeping tale of Lillith and Alec, who live and love in the midst of the worst kinds of heartache and betrayal. Have you ever felt doubt and insecurity stopped you from being who you really wanted to be? Have you ever felt that ending it all would actually make things better than staying in your life and working things out? Or maybe that your absence would make things better for someone else? This story is the tender and elusive dialogue of people who face their inner demons and find ...more
Cody Nicole
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
ometimes when I sit down to write a review, I don’t really have an idea on what I should say. This is normally because my thoughts are so scattered about a particular book. Today, that book is H. L. Roberts 23:27. Summarising the book up in one word would result in a strong use of the word ‘emotional’.

The story plot was something that I wasn’t expected. I was aware from the get-go that the book was a romance, but I didn’t realise it would be one of those stories that made you ball your eyes out.
H.B. Jasick
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is raw. It’s emotional, and it takes no prisoners. It’s takes the fantasy of being a super famous rockstar, and shatters that dream with all the dirt and real tragic things that hides beneath the shiny little surface. It hits the topics of depression and suicide and gives them a voice to be heard, and throws in a little bit of love as well. I couldn’t put this book down. It had me trapped in its clutches from the very beginning. The story draws you in, and the characters make you stay ...more
Hannetjie Joubert
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
23:27

Fast-paced and intense, you'll be glued to the pages from the unique title to the end of Alec and Lilith's riveting tale.

I received 23:27 as a gift. Never did I think I'd read this book in one sitting!! I forgot everything else around me, swiping my screen to get to the next page.

H.L Roberts writes with clarity and compassion, highlighting a very delicate subject swathed in stigma.

We need more voices like hers to bring the reality of major depression to light. More people suffer from the a
Ava Wood
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me say, the first half of this book was AMAZING ... I couldn't put it down. I loved the way the highs and lows kept you invested in the story! I had to know what happened next - where Alec and Lilith would end up. But when I hit that halfway point, I was surprised to only be halfway through.

The second half of the book was good ... I still wanted to know what happened, but I almost felt like the first half could have been an entire book all on its own and the second half could have been a mo
Sarah Calaway
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received an ARC in exchange for a review. Thank you for the ARC!!!!

Wow. This book was an emotional roller coaster, but I mean that in a good way. I just couldn't stop reading. H.L had me craving more at every turn, eager to learn what happens next and if a certain couple would or would not end up together. I love love how this book played out, and the writing was just amazing.

I also love how mental illness was displayed in this novel. The author brought light to important matters, and s
Gayle Noble
This is a book of two halves. The first half is spellbinding reading. It deals with some pretty heavy stuff (depression, suicide) and you literally HAVE to know what's going to happen - I read it in about 50 minutes. The second half contained two characters that I would have dearly loved to give a good shaking and tell them to talk to one another. Good grief, they were frustrating! The cover is stunningly good.

I received an ARC from the author and I am voluntarily giving an honest review. I woul
Krista
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
23:27 will grab on to you from the first page and doesn't let go! This is the story of Lilith and Alec and it will break you. I cried for both of them. I became angry for both of them. I cheered for both of them. Life has definitely thrown them a curve ball when their band makes it. But the fame and fortune are not what can make you happy. You get to follow along with Lilith while she struggles and the pain that Alec is going through. It's hard to write a review without giving away to much of th ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
H. L. Roberts is a writer from a small Kentucky town. She comes from a big family, and often finds herself sitting with them around the TV watching movies, and just staying close, which is how she believes a family should be.

Reading is one of her passions, along with advocating for mental illnesses, as well as epilepsy. She wants to bring awareness to the invisible illnesses; the ones people know