Start by marking “23:27” as Want to Read:

23:27

Fame.

Money.

Glory.

These were all the things that you would expect from being famous. The bait that the producers of the industry would tempt you with to get you on their side.

What they don't tell you though are all the inner tragedies that come along just as quickly. They don't tell you about the heartache that occurs when you realize that this wasn't what you wanted at all
283 pages
Expected publication: July 2017

To ask other readers questions about 23, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 23

M.C. Julien
May 09, 2017 M.C. Julien rated it really liked it

''A really captivating read. Couldn't put the book away! A must read for young Adult readers!''

Well hello there,
good thing you're here searching for reviews! I've got one for you down below! Be sure to get yourself some tea and cookies, because I've got a lot to say ;)

Before you start reading: I got to read this book as an ARC in return of an honest review, so: That's what I'm going to give you. - Excuse me for my terrible English and grammar, you have been warned.

First impression:
I must say I
Cassandra Fear
May 03, 2017 Cassandra Fear rated it it was amazing
Okay, I promised a review. I am a bit biased I guess, since I helped edit this amazing book, but first and foremost I am a reader. I want to be drawn in and this book did exactly that. Here's why:

1. Lilith. Her character is flawed. She is real. She is going through a hard time and we feel that. Her emotions are spot on. I believed her. I rooted for her. I wanted her to get through the pain being thrust at her around every turn. I wanted to hit the people who were causing it for her. At the same
Hannah Owens
May 26, 2017 Hannah Owens rated it it was amazing
This book is a diverse read, but it's also more than that. It's raw and emotional, and real. It will break your heart, and in the next sentence have you laughing. It is a book about cyber bullying, suicide, and suicide prevention. While the characters are fictional, their story is true for many. I found it easy to connect with the characters. Anyone who has suffered from depression can connect with Lilith, and anyone who has loved someone with depression can connect to Alec. Or maybe you can ide ...more
Palacesofparagraphs
May 12, 2017 Palacesofparagraphs rated it it was amazing
Where to begin about 23:27? It's phenomenal, it's wonderful, and it's nothing like books currently on the market. In talking with Heather since before the cover reveal, I had no clue what the book would be about other than what she told me. So I kept trying to figure out what books it was like, and at first I threw out some titles... and she agreed yeah I can see that, but after reading it it's incomparable. Heather writes the main characters to be so relatable, Lilith isn't overly fake or drama ...more
Tracy Thomas
May 23, 2017 Tracy Thomas rated it really liked it
I received in ARC in exchange for an honest review.

First, the cover is perfect.

I went in to this book semi-blind. After saying that, I didn't know what to expect. What I know now, is I really liked this book! My heart felt for Lilith Rose. I loved her character.

The writing style is superb. The author took two of my favorite things, reading and music and put it into one beautiful story. If you guys are thinking of reading this book, take a chance on it, and let yourself be surprised.
Gisselle Ortiz
May 12, 2017 Gisselle Ortiz rated it it was amazing
I know H.L. Roberts through Wattpad.

I fell in love with the book and her writing style. The pace is amazing and the book is incredibly detailed. It is written so well that you will find yourself being drawn into the story. As if you are in the story.

The story is told through Lilith and Alec's perspective which is something that I barely see today in YA books. I quite enjoyed having access to both of their perspective in their relationship.

You will fall in love with the main character Lilith. Y
Bee_on_the_dew
Bee_on_the_dew rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2017
Sunshine
Sunshine rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2017
Hannah May
Hannah May rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2017
💚 Madeline
💚 Madeline rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2017
Alannah Brumhead
Alannah Brumhead marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2017
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2017
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen marked it as to-read
Amber Roberts
Amber Roberts marked it as to-read
Kamil Long
Kamil Long marked it as to-read
Valerie Burkhard
Valerie Burkhard marked it as to-read
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Ismael Schonhorst
Ismael Schonhorst marked it as to-read
E.H. Main
E.H. Main marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2017
Agnieška a.k.a. Gut
Agnieška a.k.a. Gut marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2017
Maddison
Maddison marked it as to-read
Savannah Aleksic
Savannah Aleksic marked it as to-read
Nicole Lambert
Nicole Lambert marked it as to-read
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Amanda-Victoria Sumrall
Amanda-Victoria Sumrall marked it as to-read
Alyse Palsulich
Alyse Palsulich marked it as to-read
Megan Worley
Megan Worley marked it as to-read
BetweenTheCoversBookClub
BetweenTheCoversBookClub marked it as to-read
joyce
joyce marked it as to-read
Kristy
Kristy marked it as to-read
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jena
Jena marked it as to-read
Sharfin Islam
Sharfin Islam marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2017
Elisabeth  Red
Elisabeth Red marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2017
Korina
Korina marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2017
adik miftakhur
adik miftakhur marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2017
Lola
Lola marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2017
H.L. Roberts is a short story writer and a contemporary novelist from a small town in Kentucky. She is currently in her third year of college where she is majoring in English Literature and minoring in Psychology. When she isn't reading a book you can find her raising awareness about mental illness, suicide prevention, and epilepsy. You can find out more about her and her writing ventures at www.f ...more
More about H.L. Roberts...