Start by marking “Rewrite” as Want to Read:
Rewrite

Rewrite

Once upon a time, a girl loved a boy and he loved her back. They lived happily ever after.

But our story was never that simple.

I loved Josh with all I had, right until the day he left. Now, all these years later, he was back—and wanting me the way I’d always longed for him. Except now, I belonged to someone else. Someone who never left me the way Josh had. I figured that
Published October 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rewrite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rewrite

Christy
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

photo IMG_3117_zpspxiqvnbt.png

Rewrite was a fantastic best friends to lovers story. It was my first book by Stephanie Rose, but it won’t be my last. I enjoyed it immensely and I’m looking forward to reading more by her!
I met the love of my life when I was five years old. Before I knew about romance, lust, and words to love songs that are supposed to describe that “feeling.” All I knew was that Josh Falco was my everything. Maybe I didn’t know what to call it at the time, but from the beginning, it was love.

J
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read

“From the beginning, it was love.” A perfect quote from a perfect friend to lovers, second chance romance. A gorgeous standalone novel that provided me with best kind of romantic escapism and emotion in my heart. Rewrite has characters who are so easy to fall in love with, and a narrative littered with pure emotion and constructed with an easy effortless style. Rewrite is a story of second chances, loving forever and never giving up hope.

Brianna and Josh are the hero and heroine at the heart of
TeriLyn
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Rewrite generously provided as an early arc in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "Forget about me, Cupcake." Stars

Stephanie Rose writes lovely contemporary romance. It's so easy to fall into her stories of love, loss, and redemption for a few hours. You feel the characters and their plights immensely, rooting for them from start to finish. Her writing simply conveys the emotional journey's her characters take and affords you the opportunity to feel each and every step along the way.

Rewrite is
Cassandra Caress
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Another 5******* star book by Stephanie Rose

I can’t even begin to tell you how much this story went straight to my heart. Josh and Brianna’s story starts when they are kids and it’s the first time my heart broke. As their journey continues through the years, there’s more heartbreak, more laughing, more fun, more concern, more anger...just everything more!
Their story is so unique and special that you cheer for them right from the beginning and don’t want anything bad to happen. But as is the nat
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Before going into this I sneaky peaked at the reviews, and one after the other, boom boom boom was an army of 5 stars staring at me, finishing this I can fully understand why!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

REWRITE: Is a standalone contemporary romance novel by new to me author Stephanie Rose. ‘Spoken in Dual Perspectives’

Once upon a time... I wish I could rewrite our story, I'd fix it so I'd never lose him in the first place, and we'd never hurt anyone on our way back to each other.

THEN: In this we meet Josh Falco
Chele'
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely one of Stephanie's BEST books!

I swear a Stephanie Rose book changes the tempo of my heart beats every time I read one. There's something to be said about the worlds Stephanie creates, the characters she develops. It's not always easy to pull the kinds of emotions she does from a reader but each time I get the privilege of reading her books I know that I'm in for a stunning experience. Her words are exhilarating, heartfelt, sweet, passionate, addictive, and always genuine.

Bria
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Cupcake Stars

Sweet, Sentimental, Touching, Second Chance Love that was Always First Love Meant to Be.......Rewrite was all that. A beautiful story of First Love that got misguided but found its way back to were it was suppose to be.

This story is a sweet and beautiful journey of two best friends that knew since their first meeting that they were each special to one another. Brianna and Josh meet in Kindergarten. Yes it’s young but sometimes the heart just knows. They would grow up to be best f
Malene
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Rewrite is a wonderful friends to lovers/second chance romance. My goodness! I swooned throughout this entire heartwarming story. Josh and Brianna are fabulous as friends and even more so as lovers. I loved how I was introduced to them when they first met when they were in the same kindergarten class. It sets the tone of story beautifully and I was immediately intrigued. With both of them and how their story would evolve.

I enjoyed how involved they were in each other’s lives when they were kids.
Paige
5 “Since the Beginning” Stars

Second chance done right. So very, very right.

I have been anxiously awaiting this full length novel ever since Ms. Rose introduced these characters in the novella by the same name in the Christmas in the City II anthology. Josh and Brianna’s story hit me right in the feels from the very beginning and I was begging for more by the time it was over. And Stephanie delivered.

Josh and Brianna have been best friends since childhood. As time moved on feelings developed bu
Dilek VT
3,5 stars, really

The Prologue of this book begins in a very touching way:

They say when you meet the love of your life, it’s a day you’ll never forget. Your soul sings and your body hums, all because you “know.” That innate instinct telling you, you finally found your person. Maybe it’s a look of longing across a crowded bar. Or the gasped breath you take as you slide into your seat in class next to the man of your dreams. That thunderbolt could hit you anywhere, at any time. The lightning singes
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "You, it's been you, always you" Stars!!!

Oh my word. Oh, the feelings are rushing out of me. This friends to lovers romance was done oh-so-right. It was a story filled with sweet moments. But, it also sucker punched you with the emotions. It was so endearing and heartfelt.

Josh and Brianna have been friends since kindergarten. And even at that young age without knowing exactly what love is, Bri felt it for the green-eyed little boy. There's
Stephanie Rose
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
 photo Rewrite_99centsLimited_zpshqlrmhnq.jpg

Rewrite is on sale for a limited time for 99 cents!

It’s a childhood best friends to lovers romance but
𝑺𝑶 much more. Josh and Brianna’s story is about a second chances, first loves, and twists and turns you never see coming.

There is also an AMAZING audio that you can pick up for a credit or only $1.99 if you have the ebook. Tristan Wright and Devra Woodward bring Josh and Brianna to life in ways I never dreamed possible.

𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠:: https://amzn.to/2QZ4rei
𝙖𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙤:: https://amzn.to/2zq8hGB

...and to
Emma Scott
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Rose never ceases to amaze me with her portrayal of real people. The drama and angst isn't lacking but it feels soooo organic and natural. Like you're hanging out with friends and living alongside their struggles. Josh and Bri felt like friends I wanted to be with and help find their happiness.

I'm typically not a huge fan of books that start with then main characters are children. IDK, I just don't seem to connect as quickly and the fickle nature of children make it hard for me to bel
book bruin
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-Read 4/2018
I listened to the audiobook for this re-read and loved Tristan Wright and Devra Woodward's performances! Both Devra and Tristan gave such amazing performances! Some of the scenes were so emotional and heartbreaking, but the narration really took it to the next level. Every feeling - joy, anger, frustration, elation, etc - was so much more profound. This is my first time listening to Tristan Wright, but I was really impressed by his heartfelt and charismatic narration. My heart near
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
This one sounds amazing ❤

Faith Andrews
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, Stephanie Rose delivers all the feels with Rewrite. Josh and Brianna's sweet and steamy best friends to lovers story is jam packed with many swoony moments as well as some "are you freaking kidding me?" kindle tossing instances. With that said, this was a very enjoyable journey, full of surprises, and these relatable, charming characters are not to be missed.

Josh and Brianna's unwavering love for each other spans decades, and even though their story is "over" I can imagine these two
Rejane
NinaReader
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked their history together and I just loved how sweet he was when he got his life together and came back.
Dylan Allen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Just wonderful! Full review to come.. but Josh and Bri FOREVER!!
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Cupcake stars..

photo 1890B53A-86B7-447E-A8E6-CDAFF9F3F836_zpsykn2pwpy.jpg”width=“400

Oh how I love second chance romances.. every time you feel their devotion to each other, hurt, pain but ultimately their LOVE!!

And this is no different...

Josh and Brianna met each other from an early age, but because Josh’s upbringing wasn’t an easy road to be on he felt he wasn’t a good guy, and mostly wasn’t deserving of sweet Brianna so he left. But he left a very upset Brianna whom loved him know matter what... years later we now fine Josh coming back a MAN and taking wh
Shari Kay
Oct 26, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
Ty Dilek for the heads up! 2nd chance + tagged spoiler=not interested
Andi Isack
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc➡review ➡release day➡❤
Sweet, tender, perfect

This friendship story is more than perfect, is real, is evident, is unbreakable, untouchable and unconditional...
They always said friendship is impossible between a woman and a man....well 99% that's right, but that 1%, yes that small part could make the difference....and then, there are friendships and friendships, each one is unique and can't be compared to another one.
What Josh and Brianna have is more than an ordinary friendship, it's way to f
Mia Kayla
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Rose has done it again! I loved it from beginning to end. There were so many plot twists that I was flipping the pages like they were on fire. Just when I thought it was smooth sailing for this couple, Stephanie threw something in their way that was so unexpected that I threw the book down but then picked it up again because I needed to know what was going to happen. I just needed to know.

Swoony Josh and head strong Brianna were meant for each other. There's no denying the attraction t
K.K. Allen
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rewrite gripped me from the start and never let me go. My heart was all twisted up while rooting for these two, I couldn't put it down until I was done! What a beautiful and somewhat unsuspecting story for Josh and Bri, childhood friends who always wanted to be something more to each other. Ugh, I simply love when childhood friends reunite as adults, and OMG THE FEELS with these two. The misunderstandings, the second chances, and that unexpected twist that makes you stop and go "whhhhhaaaat, noo ...more
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This second chance romance nails all the emotions only a true love story can make you feel. I devoured this story and these two destined characters. Through the good and the bad, the highs and the lows, no amount of time can truly tear apart what was already rewritten.

Loved this one.

This story is so much more than a second chance love story, it’s a story about what the meaning of true, heart felt love means.

This author knocked it out if the park with this lovely story.
Logan Hr
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book man this book... what can I say? It hit me right in the feels... josh and cupcake are just perfect for each other.. friends since they were little and their feelings grew up as they did.. circumstances kept them apart for 10 years, but when life gives you a second chance to rewrite your story.. do you take or do you let destiny rewrite it for you? Be prepared to swoon, laugh and cry within this pages... this author is known for giving you the feels and I think this is her best book out ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Our love was primal and raw, the kind of stuff people wrote about.

Oh, my heart! It’s gone and fallen completely and utterly in love with Josh. And Brianna. And, actually, the entirety Rewrite by Stephanie Rose.

You guys, I did that thing where I said I’d read just a few chapters, and the next thing I knew it was 1am and my whole self was a satisfied happy mess. I was tired but smiling, sleepy but content. I was feeling good, because that’s what this book is—a feel good romance with deep emotion
J.A. DeRouen
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for Josh and Brianna to steal your heart!!! The only thing I love more than a childhood romance is a second chance romance, and Rewrite is the perfect combination of both. <3 Stephanie weaved a beautiful story of first love, crushing heartbreak, and the sweetest, sweetest redemption. I’m such a fan of Stephanie Rose, and she blows me away with each book—Rewrite is no different. Definitely must read. Five soul-squeezing stars!!
Bianca
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-reads
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I’ll be honest. My favorite genre is romance. So I can easily say that I’ve read them all. Every trope. Circumstance. Twist. But when it comes to Stephanie Rose’s writing, there’s always something fresh about it. THIS. BOOK. Her writing is remarkably romantic. Her characters embed themselves in the heart of the reader. Every declaration of love left me with chills. Overwhelming. Exhilarating. Rewrite was the love letter one writes in never forge
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rewrite is my first Stephanie Rose book and I adored it! I don't know why I waited so long to read this lady. (Egh Bloggers problems!) Now that I have, I plan on reading more of her books. I loved her easy, breezy writing style. Rewrite has an effortless flow that kept me turning the pages. Stephanie's dialogue between characters is spot on. She writes how people speak, which made the story and characters perfectly relatable. This book is drenched in sweetness. Who doesn't love, best friends, wh ...more
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6)
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Cruiser (Cruiser & Lex, #1)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Unblocked - Episode Five (Timber Towers, #5)
  • My Men (Men Series, #2)
  • Taste (Sovereign, #2)
  • Darkness Within
  • Made to Love
  • Seven Days
  • Resist, Chapter 1-7
  • Snowed in With the Boss (Master Me, #1)
  • Breathless
  • Bound for Nirvana (The Bound Trilogy #3)
  • Noah (Forbidden Desires, #1)
  • Saving Sullivan
  • Complex Kisses (Here & Now, #1)
Stephanie Rose is a bad-ass New Yorker, a wife, a mother, a former blogger and lover of all things chocolate. Most days you'll find her trying to avoid standing on discarded LEGO or deciding which book to read next. Her debut novel, Always You, released in 2015 and since then she's written several more—some of which will never see completion—and has ideas for hundred to come.