Start by marking “Finding Eli” as Want to Read:
Finding Eli

Finding Eli

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
When you have a thrice-a-day Starbucks addiction, a love affair with Louboutins, and an apartment in one of the most expensive cities in the world, the last thing you need is to lose your job. But that’s what happened to me—or what will, unless I can pull off the impossible: find Eli Murphy.

Eli, notorious playboy and New York City high roller, is the founder of the newzine
Published (first published April 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Eli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Eli

Book-Bosomed  blog
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tara Daniels is a reporter about to be laid off. Her final assignment, and last hope for continued employment, is locating Eli Murphy, former editor and co-founder of the publication she works for and a successful author. Eli’s “disappeared” and become a recluse, but no one knows why.

I’m sort of a sucker for the premise where two people are stranded together, probably because it tends to leave little room for OW/OM drama, which this installment thankfully has none of, so I enjoyed the set up he
Apr 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Between the Sheets ***

There are things I liked about this book, so I am going to start there, however they were not enough at the end for me to be able to give this a positive rating.

I thought the writing was strong, well edited and with a narrative that was tightly constructed. The plot actually flowed rather quickly. I was concerned that there was going to be a lot of time spent looking for Eli, and not a lot of time with them together, which is not the formul
Erica Jividen
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New authors, I'm always skeptical of reviewing.
I was not disappointed!
I found myself wanting more of Eli.
I didn't want the story to end.
Short, sweet and sexy and can you can easily read in one sitting.
I look forward to reading more of your work Jake Irons! 😍
~Mandi~
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super quick and easy read. Just the start of what could be a great story. I didn't realize it was a cliffhanger. I knew it was a short novella but didn't realize it would leave you hanging. I so want to know what happens next. I'm super impatient with my books and don't like waiting for the next book to be published.
Eli has moved off the grid and Tara is a reporter looking for her next story. So she searches him out. Realizes there's lots of chemistry between them and acts on it. Eli doesn't kn
Jean
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great beginning novella to what I assume will be a series or full book.

Tara needs to save her job and her one way to do that is to find Eli Murphy. He's the founder of the magazine where Tara works and has fallen off the face of the Earth. It's a mystery. But with determination, Tara finds him, but she's somewhat dishonest about her intentions and herself.

And the reasons for Eli hiding is something no one knows.....I really liked Eli! But when Tara's lies catch up with her, Eli kicks her to the
Harloe Rae
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jake Irons is a new-to-me author and I'm so glad I stumbled upon his debut novella. The cover and blurb drew me in so I was eager to get my hands on the story!

The book starts off with a determined reporter searching for the secretive man that owns the newspaper where she works. If she can't get to him though, she won't have a job much longer. The race-against-the-clock deadline is exciting and kept me reading to gather answers.

Tara's desperation to find Eli is palpable and I felt her driving ne
Shari Kay
Apr 25, 2017 marked it as maybe-maybe-not
incomplete story...waiting on next book and safety issues
LadyTechie
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Finding Eli was literally "hot". I received an eArc in exchange for an honest review. I have to admit I am quite curious to know if the author is male or female because part of the fun with this one was guessing. I even had to double back and see if there were any hints. I did not want to assume male because sometimes females can have nicknames like Jessie for Jessica so Jake could be short for some female name also though if it is a male it is my first experience with sexual situations written ...more
Cheryl O'Harney (The Book Whisperer)
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Finding Eli
Author: Jake Irons
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4/5

So in this we meet Tara who's a reporter, in order to keep her job she decides she's going to find Eli the co-founder of the publication she works for he's been missing for sometime. When she finds him it's in less than ideal conditions but that doesn't stop things getting hot and heavy rather quickly.

This was a quick, fun, fast read with some lies and deceit, hot steamy sex
Teresa's Tantalizing Book Teasers
A Steamy Read....

For a debut story this clicks along very rapidly.
The storyline is creative and the characters are an excellent match for each other.
One thing that turned me off a little was how fast it moved along and how quickly the two main characters had sex with one another. Believe me, I'm not a prude by a long shot, but their initial sex scene was a little too early into how they just met. It is steamy though.

However; the story is creative in how Tara, a writer at a well known Newzine is
Leah
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
**2.5-3 stars**

I got my attention on this author when a friend of mine started talking about him. We became FB friends and he didn't seem like too much of a tool, so I paid attention here and there. Yes, I was biased, because my luck with male authors in the Indie community is well... bad. #ThunderCuntsUnite

Anyway, I grabbed this book when it released purely out of curiosity and with zero expectations of it being any good. I quite honestly was ready to DNF quite quickly.

But ya'll, this dude can
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

This is a short and sexy debut that could easily be read in one sitting. Finding Eli has a storyline that definitely intrigues me. Not really insta love, but definitely insta lust, Eli and Tara burn up the pages and the sheets.

Shrouded in mystery, Eli has become and enigma among his followers. Determined to get to the truth, and keep her job, Tara makes it her mission to find out what happened to the writer who seemed to be on top of the world.

Finding Eli is part one of a duet so we w
Donna Marie
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was immediately intrigued by Finding Eli's blurb. It was a really interesting premise that captured my imagination and had me eager to dive in.

I absolutely enjoyed this novella. Tara and Eli were fun, quirky and interesting characters that had a great sexual chemistry. The story was fast paced and flowed well, maintaining my interest the whole way through. And that ending! Ugh!

A very solid debut from this author and I can't wait to read the conclusion.
Tosha Rabideau
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jake Iron's book Finding Eli is a phenomenal read. It's fast paced, funny, and hot as hell. I can not wait to see what is in store for Eli and Tara in the second book. It's been a while since I have screamed at my Kindle, but that is just what I did when I completed the last page. Well done, Jake!! I wish you much success with this book and future releases.
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jake Irons being a new author has done an amazing job and has written a story that keeps you wanting more.
His characters have secrets and you want to know what they are. Tara is perusing a lead to find Eli to hopefully help save her job in NY. Eli is hiding to save his life. Both Tara and Eli form a connection with each other until he finds out her truth then all hell breaks loose.
When I got to the last page I wanted more and I think you will too.
Pick this story up and show Jake some new autho
Karen
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need to learn some dinosaur jokes, because the only one I can think of is the Doyouthinkhesaurus one and whilst I remember the punch line, I don't remember the actual joke.

I was a bit shocked and stunned about how much I loved this book. But I did love it. It made me full on chuckle.

True there is a couple of convenient coincidences which normally get my goat but even they didn't stop me really liking Eli and Tara.

I went in totally blind, hadn't read what the book was about just noticed that J
Sapphyria
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Finding Eli is a great first book by newcomer Jake Irons. When newzine reporter Tara learns her job may be on the chopping block, she wracks her brain trying to find a way to stay employed. When the idea to located Eli, the founder of the company that employs her, pops up she takes charge of it and follows break crumbs from New York to Colorado. After locating the elusive Eli, Tara is able to charm her way into his secluded mountain home. The little white lies roll of her tongue even as her cons
Shannon

3.5*

Finding Eli is a quick, sexy, suspenseful read that's going to leave you hanging! But luckily the second book is scheduled to be released today, fingers crossed, so hopefully we'll get resolution to the mystery. I'm not sure if this is going to be a serial, or just 2 parts, as Jake Irons is a very new to me author, and I didn't really know about this book until release day.
I really enjoyed Tara's character- she's feisty and a little quirky, and actually quite ballsy. Eli is still a bit of a
Misty - The Erotic Book Blog
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Taking a chance on an unknown author is never an easy task, but I've been lucky finding ones that I really enjoy, and now I can add Jake Irons to the list.

I'm so intrigued with this story!

*DREADED CLIFFHANGER DISCLAIMER* This is PART ONE of a two-part story and will leave you wondering what happens next. If cliffhangers aren't for you, wait until part two comes out and then get both.

I'm so curious about Eli. He's sexy, dirty, charming, funny - all the things you want in a book boyfriend, but he
Liz
Apr 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed this book. Sexy romance & mystery in one book- what's not to like. I thought the writer did a really good job of creating interesting characters & the story itself was intriguing.

My issue was that halfway through the book Eli started calling Tara by her real name although she had given a false one. So a little more editing/proof reading needs to be done.

I will be reading the rest of the story because I can't stand cliffhangers- gotta know what happens.

I think Jake Irons
Mary Helen
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding Eli is the debut novel from Jake Irons and it takes you on a ride! We first meet Tara who is desperate to save her job. She hasn’t had an easy life and just wants to find success in the cutthroat field of journalism and in the beginning feels as though a few white lies won't matter (really, girl, what are you thinking???). Then we meet Eli who is desperate to save his life. They’re both good people who’ve been living in their own worlds for a while so when they meet, the sparks fly! Eli ...more
Marika
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tara needs to keep her job as a reporter..That’s why she decided that finding Eli, co-founder of the publication she works for, is essential to that end!
But Eli is so much more than she thought he would be..and been stranded with him is oh so tempting..but she needs to be strong and write the article about him, right?!
There is a tiny problem tho ;) is she who she says she is? why is he living in the middle of nowhere?
I loved the idea and the attraction between them..and I am very intrigued with
Book-Lovin-Momma
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was impressed with Jake Irons' book Finding Eli. Tara is a reporter on a mission to find Eli. When she does find him, it's not under the most ideal circumstance, but things do get hot and heavy in a hurry. Still, there's room for the story to develop a little, and we do find out why Eli has disappeared. This was a good quick, hot read, and it ends in a cliffhanger, and now I really need to find out what happens next! I loved the witty banter between Eli and Chelsea/Tara, and I really enjoyed t ...more
Cecily Wolfe
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was smiling before the end of page one, and wanting more long before page 66. Intriguing, sexy, with lots of laugh out loud moments, I couldn't stop reading once I started. I am glad that book two is less than a month away from release, but still . . . this ending makes it hard to wait!
A.D. Herrick
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love love!!

I absolutely love this book!!! I loved how real the characters were. I can't wait to see what happens next!! I am so hooked!!
MMK
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZINGLY ADDICTIVE!!! Finding Eli ends on a major cliff hanger and I am anxiously awaiting book 2. You'll instantly fall in love Eli and Tara. I see great things coming from this author.
Jo
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! I was like a swooning 18 year old, exited to go on this hunt for Eli Murphy with Tara! Then after multiple attempts the almost impossible occurs and you are in a smoldering 🔥 story ( don't do spoilers) with a plot that leaves you breathless. A must read, Jake Irons delivers a riveting contemporary romance and mystery uncovered but not resolved! He leaves you hungry for more of Eli's bod and his unresolved dilemma. This is a one sit read that is 5 Star Entertainment! BUY🔥BUY❤ ...more
Marcie Wegner
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Be forwarned..... This is part one and has a major cliffhanger at the end..... This is a very intense, quick read, that will leave you breathless and on the edge of your seat waiting for part 2. I can't wait to see where the story goes. Definitely worth the read.
Lauren
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author so I had no idea what I was letting myself in for. After reading the blurb though I knew I had to give it a go as it seemed to have all the elements for a great story!
I knew it was a novella and that it's part one of a series so it's going to be fairly short but I was hooked pretty soon in. What I wasn't prepared for though was the ending. I don't want to give anything away but all I will say is there I was enjoying all the hot stuff (and the storyline of cou
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

I'm always on the look out for a good male author in the erotica/romance genre because I find it interesting to read about everything from the "other" side. Scrolling through FB, I found this author and the blurb sounded good so I gave it a whirl.

Finding Eli is about NY journalist, Tara who is on the hunt for her paper's former owner, Eli. Eli has dropped off the map for unknown reasons and Tara hopes that finding him with get her a scoop and save her job.

For a first time author this
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)