Start by marking “Fishtail (The Complex)” as Want to Read:
Fishtail (The Complex)

Fishtail (The Complex)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A Lone Planet. One Complex.
Unlimited Chaos.

Mermen in space. Murder. And Minali.
Sven's life is going swimmingly. After landing a job as the leader of the Mer colony in the Complex, life couldn't be more perfect.
Until a dead body turns up in Sven's fish tank, making him the prime suspect in a murder investigation, and his life fishtails out of control
Kindle Edition
Published June 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Fishtail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fishtail

Margaret
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this second story about the mermaids in space. It is a very quick and enjoyable read. Sven deserved to find some happiness.
Mandy Parmenter
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sven is a hot Mer man and is currently the leader of the Mer colony in the Complex. Life seems smooth until a dead body is found in the fish tank in his shop which then makes him the prime suspect in the murder case. The investigators finding the killer are Violet (a succubus) and Minali (a human) who seems to have already decided it was him. Even worse the rest of his community seem to be ready to give up on him and let him be charged with murder. In desperation he decides to find the killer hi ...more
Dave
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had previously read book 1 and enjoyed it, so I didn't hesitate to buy Fishtail. I was not disappointed for even a second. Action, romance, twists and turns (and flips) and interesting characters made this a great read. I would have to say I devoured it and I loved it. I was reading snippets to my wife (trying to avoid spoilers), both sharing parts that tickled me, and whetting her appetite to read the series.
I will be watching, anxiously, for the next story from Demelza.
Patti
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The best mermaids in space tale ever! After reading Halcyon, I really did want more stories about the complex and an so very glad this book is out! This storyline moved along very quickly and is a perfect book for a quick fix! I enjoyed the sci-fi mystery feel of this tale, although I did find it simple to figure out who our bad guy was. In any case, this is a well written book with great characters for easy entertainment!
Roger
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read from author Demelza CarltonWAS Halycon, a year ago. Sice then Ive read more than a dozen of her book and was excited to see another in The Complex Series. Great depth of character development, wonderful story line. The twists late in the book! Now I just need to figure out the reading order for the other Complex books and hope that the other authors are anywhere as good as this one!
Barbara
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Minali is my strong woman but she has to let a new detective take the lead on the murder case. She finds that what she thought she knew was totally different. I followed along not sure who was murdered or who was the killer. Then the surprises started happening. An excellent mystery with a little bit of romance.
Samantha
Fisjtaol is the first complex book for me. This is the story of Sven and Minali who are both in an investigation of a murder. It's a quick read and was I interesting to read and I really want to get my hands on Allies book now.
phoebess
I liked Sven and Minali's story but I had the same issue with this book as I had with Halcyon. I wanted to know much more about Mers and their abilities.
To be honest, I would have given this book a four-star rating but Allie's action at the end left me with a sour taste in my mouth...
H
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting tale of some tails.

I love The Complex stories and this one did not disappoint. Merpeople in space, murder mystery, and some romance, what's not to love? I voluntarily reviewed this book after receiving an advanced readers copy that I requested.
Julie Lanclos
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story

This story fits well with the other "Complex" stories. Great romance angle amongst the murder plot. Interesting characters that give the story life and validity in this fantastical world.
Gale
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Mermen were new to me! Fun read, in a murder mystery sorta way, and I will read more of this series. I had to rethink everything I had thought about fish when I read the story. Poor Sven!
Rayandsarah White
Sep 16, 2017
Alicia stonebraker
Nov 23, 2017
Demelza Carlton
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Natasa Nedeljkovoic
Suez
Sep 12, 2017
Valerie
Aug 14, 2017
Demelza Carlton has always loved the ocean, but on her first snorkelling trip she found she was afraid of fish.
She has since swum with sea lions, sharks and sea cucumbers and stood on spray-drenched cliffs over a seething sea as a seven-metre cyclonic swell surged in, shattering a shipwreck below.
Sensationalist spin? No - Demelza tends to take a camera with her so she can capture and share the m
More about Demelza Carlton

The Complex (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Blade of Forever (The Complex)
  • Hungry Touch
  • Night Whispers (The Complex)
  • The Curse Catcher (The Complex)
  • Cursed (The Complex)
  • Arrested in Peace (The Complex)
  • The Last Dryad (The Complex)
  • Death's Echo (The Complex)
  • Shadow of Ruin (The Complex)
  • Halcyon (The Complex)