Start by marking “Jimmie's Ice Cream” as Want to Read:
Jimmie's Ice Cream

Jimmie's Ice Cream

(Diary of a Serial Killer #2)

Six months is a long time in the life of a serial killer with active cravings. Jimmie Putnam has made a lot of changes. Now, with his own ice cream shop, hiding bodies is easier than ever before. With sixteen kills under his belt, Jimmie is cocky. And the cravings are only getting worse:

Have you ever just been in the mood for ice cream?
You can't really say why that craving
Paperback
Published June 8th 2017 by Zombie Cupcake Press

To ask other readers questions about Jimmie's Ice Cream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jimmie's Ice Cream

Yolanda Olson

ERIN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???

Okay so after Just Things I was dying to read Jimmie's Ice Cream and was lucky enough to land an ARC. As it turns out, the sequel is just as insane as the first book. When you think you've read it all, cringed through it all, and wondered how you ended with any sanity left, well ... let's take a step into the ice cream shop shall we? But ... be very careful because God knows what all is in the damn ingredients and hey, who knows if you'll even walk out alive!

Is i
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
Make sure you read Just Things before you read this book.

This story is told through two points of view. Jimmie is a vile and sick serial killer. He kills women and keeps them as his Things. Florel is the FBI agent intent on finding him.

This story continues on from book one. We do get bits repeated from book one. Normally that bugs me and I skip it but in this story it fits so well.

A very sick and twisted read that I read while eating a bowl of ice cream. I may be more warped than I thought lo
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Make sure you read Just Things before you read this book.

Janneke Wolbers
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished book 1 in this series and since i said i couldnt wait... I went straight to this book.
Damn Jimmie and his ice cream. I liked pistachio btw he might want to know.
Absolutly loved this book and cant wait to read book 3 and Momma!

Energy
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I lost count of the amount of times Lee had me picking my jaw up off the floor. She took Jimmie and led him straight to the rabbit hole, and who other than Florel is waiting at the bottom.
I have a new affinity for Jimmie though. There was something he said in referencing his "Things" that was honest and heartfelt:
"...it's the scorned lover with a jaded heart, wrapped in a blanket and sniffing history that can't be rewritten while saying goodbye to dreams that were never meant to be"
I love where
Samantha
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so eager to read Jimmie's Ice Cream after finishing Just Things. I needed to know what was going to happen with Florel ASAP.
There was more of a feeling of unraveling taking place in this book. All of the calm calculations seemed to be coming undone. And the worst part was that Jimmie seemed to sense it. Yet he kept becoming bolder in some ways, such as with the Fun Center/Ice Cream Shop idea.
Florel too seemed to have lost her grip on reality a bit as she was on the prowl to understand th
Carrie Smith
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmie can't fight the cravings as it keeps getting stronger and stronger. He finally quits his job and opens up his own ice cream shop to help store his Things. Everything was going great until Flo wiggles her way into his life. Will she makes the gravest mistake of all and be one of Jimmie's Things? Will she be able to save others from his cravings? Will Jimmie finally be caught?

It's a seriously intense read and the ending threw me for a loop. I found it fascinating to be in the mind of a kill
Lisa
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY MOTHER OF....HORROR!
I legit now have an actual fear of working alone at night at my store. I have had no issues closing a store all by myself without fear of strangers for 12 years until now. Jimmie has made me think twice of how my reactions to people come off. I smile and be nice but now I think I'm extra nice and then I worry that it's come off as fake all cuz of Jimmie. I swear this has brought anxiety to an all time high.
Just Things kept me up at night, now this one has me looking ove
Amy Lynn
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmies Ice Cream is book two in Erin's Diary of a Serial Killer Series. It picks up shortly after where Just Things ends, and dives deeper into Jimmies mind as his cravings intensify.

The author has done a fantastic job at really immersing us in the world that is Jimmie. Seeing the way his though process works, is amazing. Seeing how he manages to lure his victims in is, priceless. He exploits vulnerabilities and weaknesses we often don't even see as a weakness. I can't help but be fascinated a
Karen Hartsfield-Voliva
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmie's Ice Cream is the second book of Erin Lee's Diary of a Serial Killer series. This book brings Jimmie and his fetish for frozen women to a new high. Erin Lee makes you want to keep reading even when you are amazed at the continent. Jimmie keeps his Things in the freezer in the barn but when the space gets too small he goes to a bigger and better place. Yes, he gets an ice cream shop and puts in extra freezers.It was quite a shock how the author went as far as to put in the calculations of ...more
Yvonne Davies
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychological
The story starts 6 months after book 1, Jimmie has been trying to fight his cravings and FBI agent Florel Ross has placed her ad, but with no success. Still bullied at work Jimmie decides to do something for himself and opens his own Ice cream shop, well his does like ice cream.
The story followed the same format as the first, changing from Jimmie’s exploits to Florel’s investigations. Jimmie writing in his journal, explained more of his story and his thoughts on each of his things. When he open
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Jimmie’s Ice Cream is book 2 in a Diary of a Serial Killer. Erin Lee has written a fascinating book here (well with both of them so far)!! It’s really an odd feeling to read and know what Jimmie does but you can’t help but just adore him. He is written to be just fascinating… I want to go have some ice cream with him and chat!

Florel is giving me panic attacks… LOL! There’s such a tension build up in this book… you can FEEL the shit about to hit the fan! It seems to be we’re reaching a major cli
Gemma Price
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t wait for this book. I read ‘Just Things’ and loved it. Erin has managed to seamlessly take us back into the damaged mind of Jimmie Putman. Reading about his exploits and the plan stupidity of Detective Florel. Seriously! I was screaming at the book. Reading back over Jimmie’s catalog of kills was fantastically gruesome. The way Erins’ writing is so stark and haunting that you forget it is a work of fiction. although there could be a real Jimmie out there. lets not dwell on that too mu ...more
Erin
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of the Diary of a Serial Killer and may contain spoilers of book 1.

Jimmie's collecting of Things is going great, but escalating too. There's someone posting online that is just screaming for him to come get her. But is it too obvious? Is it a trick?

This book is even better than the first. You see Jimmie slowly changing, but he is still collecting Things. It picks up right where book one left off and you will not put the book down until you are done. You will not look at ice cream
Becky Baldridge
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed every cringe-worthy moment of Just Things and I thought I'd seen every trick up Jimmie's sleeve. Boy, was I wrong. The twists just keep coming in this second Diary of a Serial Killer installment. I think the most disturbing part of this one is the look at Jimmie's other side, the one that is almost normal, or as normal as he's likely to get. The most surprising thing is what brings out this side of him and who he shares those feelings with. Combine that almost normal side of ...more
Rita Delude
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fabulous continuation of the story of Jimmie Putnam and Floral, the forensic investigator who is tracking him down. Jimmie, who looks like the innocent guy next door or a co-worker, is not what he seems. He craves killing women and preserving them in the dozens of freezers he owns. Floral, who's twin was tragically murdered when they were very young, is on his trail and hopes to bring him down soon. The book is full of suspense and gore.

If you love a horror-induced chill down your back
Chelsi Davis
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series a ton! I have always had a love for anything serial killer research related, and with a fictional twist (kind of lol) it made it that much more interesting. Erin is amazing at her craft and you can tell a lot of research went into this series.

Book 2 is where Jimmie's story continues. His cravings continue to escalate and the one person that was onto him, is closer than she ever thought she would be. This story has a creative voice, and intriguing timeline o
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Be careful, you might get your wish!!

Things I have learned from this series so far:
1. If someone hold out ANY type of food to me and says, "does this taste funny?" DO NOT taste it!!
2. Never have cherry topping on ice cream!
3. Follow your gut feelings!
Again book 2 is addictive, you won't be able to put it down. How do you stop a serial killer, when you, the only person that knows the truth, has fallen into his hands? How many will die? What sick ways can he come up with to use his "things"?
Tammy
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap this book was good!! I am so paranoid about going out alone now!! This story gave me the creeps and even turned my stomach at times (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it!!) I was captivated and all in from the first to the last word!! I definitely recommend it, but make sure you have already read Just Things first to know what is going on in Jimmie's Ice Cream. The shocks and twists and turns are awesomely crazy!!! So please don't hesitate to one-click this fantastic b ...more
Dawn Yarrow
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmie is back crazier than ever and i loved it.
This book continues on from book one so you need to read that first but you won't be disappointed as the story just gets better and better.
In this book we get to see more of what makes Jimmie tick, i loved seeing more in to his mind and what makes him do the things he does.
Have to say this one was my favourite so far and i cannot wait for the next book.
Mona williams
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
omg this book was awesome! the body count just keeps rising and his cravings just wont go away. how many more things will he collect? read to find out! i cant wait for the next book to come out! this one really freaked me out with more description of his killings. it is a must read for sure!thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Meleaha Howard
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another AWESOME installment in the Diary of a Serial Killer series! Jimmie is just as twisted as he was in Just Things, maybe more so. Florel has gone off the rails in her pursuit of him. She was so desperate to catch him that she forgot all of her training... Even Thing 15 gets in on the action. LOVED IT and I can't WAIT to read the next installment!
Michelle VanDaley
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of Jimmie, his Things & Florel! I want to read fast to find out what happens but at the same time I want to slow down and savor the brilliant writing of Erin Lee! She truly delves deep into the sick mind of a serial killer and shows how far obsession can take a person. I love the diary style that this series is written in and am excited to see where the next book takes us.
Shelby
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jimmie is textbook insane. Detective Florel Ross and James "Jimmie" Putnam Jr's relationship, well, it is complicated. The thoughts of Mr. Putnam is horrifying, but yet captivating. The series is addictive.

With all the lights on with a few added candles, up next: Thing Fifteen.
Courtney Moctezuma
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was so creeptastic! I loved seeing the interworkings of a serial killer's mind. I was amazed at how quickly Jimmie snapped and lost control and all of the horrible things he was capable of.

This story was well written and definitely a great read!
Elizabeth
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cherry on top

I absolutely loved Jimmie's Ice Cream. It was fascinating to see the progression of the serial killers cravings. Erin does a great job of making sure you not only see the story but you are along for the ride. Definitely can't wait for Thing Fifteen.
Tabitha Hartman
What a wonderful sequel to Just Things.. this book gives more incite as to who Jimmie is and what he does with his Things.. Jimmie's killing spree becomes out of control, leading him to do drastic things... I love the way this Author wrote these books... Great job, Erin!!
Marsha  Bernabe
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
thoroughly creepy!

This look at a serial killer is delightfully creepy. I will have to say, I will never look at my freezer the same again!
Barb
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmie needs more space. An ice Cream shop perhaps? If you enjoyed Just Things you Have to read Jimmie's Ice Cream. This Author is the bomb.
Brandi Aga
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GIVE ME THING FIFTEEN!

Jimmie's Ice Cream is book two and if you haven't read the first book... RUN and find it right now! RIGHT NOW, I tell you!

Jimmie, Jimmie, Jimmie. The poor dude. He likes to spend his free time with his Things. Lots of Things. Dead frozen things. *Shudders*

Until he gets a Thing that's different from the others.....

I must say, the ending took me by surprise. A pleasant surprise! I can't wait to see what Erin does with Jimmie's fate in the next book!
Erin Lee is a USA TODAY bestselling multi genre author and therapist chasing a crazy dream one crazy story at a time. She also writes under the name EL George.

She is the author of Crazy Like Me, a novel published in 2015 by Savant Books and Publications, LLC,, Wave to Papa, 2015, by Limitless Publishing, LLC and Nine Lives (2016). She’s also author of Alters, Host, and Merge of the “Lola, Party o

Diary of a Serial Killer (3 books)
  • Just Things
  • Thing Fifteen (Diary of a Serial Killer Series Book 3)