Start by marking “Twenty-Two (Assassins, #14)” as Want to Read:
Twenty-Two (Assassins, #14)

Twenty-Two

(Nashville Assassins #14)

When Lucas Brooks was traded to the Nashville Assassins over a decade ago, he was a brash, brawling hothead without an anchor.

Well, four kids and a smokin' hot wife will weigh you down real fast, but Lucas wouldn't change a minute of his happily ever after.

Published May 22nd 2017

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3-3.25 Stars

This was a decent enough read...

...but this series has definitely lost a bit of the...momentum of some of the earlier books in the series.

For me at least.

description

In this book we spend some time with Lucas and Fallon as 1) Lucas grapples with impending retirement and 2) Their son Aiden starts getting scouted for collegiate hockey.

I am guessing this will foray into another Bellevue book, with Aiden acting as the star...hopefully?

description

Regardless, while not my favorite thing ever, this was still a
Christy
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

photo 18485666_10103813750445408_6280302042506910941_n_zpstxupo9qm.jpg

I’ve enjoyed every book in Toni Aleo’s Assassins series, but I love the first few the most. There is something about those original Assassins players/couples that made me fall hard for these books. I couldn’t contain my excitement when I saw a Fallon and Lucas Brooks novella was coming out. This novella didn’t disappoint. It made me smile, made me cry, made me feel, and made me fall in love with this couple and the Assassins family all over again.

I don’t want to spoil this short
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo a4fc0bf6f354af8c8680a694b23ca3_zpsljmx60ri.gif

Twenty-Two by Toni Aleo was a sweet, sentimental novella that chronicled the married life of Lucas & Fallon Brooks. It was a great way to catch up and see what our favorite Nashville Assassin couple have been up to.

photo 5840c19c33e372acf70ffd38d20b4d_zpsxh1qst2h.gif His heart soared for the woman she was today and for the woman he had fallen for so many years ago as he nodded. She was his heart, his soul, his everything. The words were easy to say, especially to someone he knew he wo
Tpagirl
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Twenty-Two was a novella in the Assassins series that revisited Fallon and Lucas Brooks from Trying to Score, book 2. This was not intended as a standalone and should be read with the series.

It was fabulously well written and surprisingly well developed for a quick and short Novella. I loved looking into the lives of Fallon and Lucas ten years later. Aleo reminded us why we fell in love with them the first time.

I also loved looking into the mind of Lucas as an aging hockey player. It's emotiona
Rejane
I've following the Assassins series since Taking Shots. Some books I loved, others not so much.
As any other fan I wanted a little glimpse in the future of those characters. So I bought this book blindsided because I was going to read the after the HEA of Fallon and Lucas.
What I got was shenanigans about Lucas's career and his son Aiden career. All the what ifs, the struggles and pains. Would Lucas retire? Because for sure he wasn't that young anymore. And would Fallon be ok with his oldest gra
Kim
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This is a novella about one of our favorite Assassins couples, Lucas and Fallon Brooks, who we watched fight and fall in love in Trying to Score. Lucas has been playing for the Assassins for ten years now but he is getting older and his body does not bounce back like it used to. He and Fallon are busy with their careers and four kids. But Their life in Nashville is good.

Their oldest, Aiden, is now seventeen and has some great opportunities on the horizon. The kids are all growing up and keep th
Jill M
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-athletes
It seems so long ago I read their Lucas and Fallon’s story but I never forgot them. I couldn’t wait to catch up on the Brooks clan. Toni Aleo didn’t disappoint and my heart just melted over this book. She brought out all the feels.

This was a quick sweet and romantic read that is a great addition to the Assassins series. This book just encompasses so much love it was bursting at the seams.
Cocktails and Books
Cute. Glad to get an update on the Brooks family. Of course, now that I'm done I'm wondering when we'll get another Bellevue book.
Ira
May 19, 2017 marked it as to-read
I read their earlier story, I will love to find out how are they now!:)
Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
oh-em-gee! what are you doing to me Toni Aleo???

This book brought out so many feels... SO MANY!

It was such a fun sweet book though. I loved getting a look back into the life of one of the original Assassins boys and his family. And man he's a charmer just like he was back in his original book.
But seeing the evolution of not only Lucas and Fallon. But the whole Brooks clan was crazy. It blows my mind as I keep up with this series just how far time line wise this series has come. To see Aidan all
✿kawehi.reviews
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Oh my gosh!! More Lucas, Tate, Aiden, and three other little ones in tow!!

When it comes to the Assassins series, I've always preferred the original men and their gals. This includes Lucas, Shea, Tate, Erik and Philip. The rest of the hockey men, eh, they're okay. I have nothing against them, but these five men are what made me love this series in the first place.

While Lucas is my fourth favorite man (my favorites are still Shea and Erik!), I loved seeing him in this different light and seeing hi
Ally.Always.Reads
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sporty-spice
I loved Fallon and Lucas so of course I loved getting a little story about them.
It was good, not long enough for me though!
Sandy S
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date: May 22,2 017

During an epic, end-of-season quest for the Cup, changes appear on the horizon, and suddenly, there's a plot twist in Lucas's fairy tale.

•••••••

REVIEW: TWENTY-TWO by Toni Aleo is installment 11
Rachel
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Twenty-Two offers a fun, fast glimpse at the crazy lives of Lucas and Fallon Brooks during the playoff series as they deal with team travel, four crazy kids, and their own futures.

Lucas is getting older and beginning to feel his age in lingering aches and pains. But he is determined to play through, even as he wonders if it is time for some of his teammates to call it rather than continue to stress about injuries. Chasing another Cup, his focus is on the Assassins and his teammates.

Fallon has h
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I think even all these books later that Lucas Brooks is still my favorite all time hero in this series. I fell in love with him in Trying To Score, so when I found out we were getting a novella of him and Fallon I was so so excited. I laughed, I cried, I hurt, I smiled and I really loved Twenty-Two because I felt so many emotions reading about the next step in Lucas and Fallon’s story, as well as reading more abo
Mari
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, novella, 2017reads

I have much love for the Assassins family they're like a team I follow but in books. I missed Lucas and Fallon, one of the original couples happy they get this short. Definitely excited to catch up with their fam.

Assassins camaraderie has always been strong and the bonds even stronger, not only a team but a brotherhood of sorts. Lucas Brooks has been one of dads of the group and lots of respect there. I could go on and on about the topic of this book but I won't. It's a reason I love sp
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is a novella in the Assassin's Series by Toni Aleo. It should be read in order of the series. This one takes us back to Lucas and Fallon. Their kids are growing and life is changing in both good and heartbreaking ways.

Fallon has always been one of my favorites as the series has gone on. It was great to see her feisty attitude again but so touching to see her soft maternal side as well.

Perfect book to catch up on the whole team, take a gander at all the kiddos, and Holy Cow! Way t
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: toni-aleo
Loved it!!!!!

Short, sweet and to the point.

I loved going back and seeing more of Fallon, Lucas and their kids........IT was the perfect conclusion for this wonderful couple and family. I sooooo cannot wait until the day Aiden gets his own story. Perhaps the author will let him and Shelli grown more so that they can be together. The hockey player and the pop star.....sounds good right???
Heroesinbooks
4.5 Great To Catch Up Stars

This series will always have a special place in my Kindle heart. Fabulous to catch up with Lucas and Fallon as we see Lucas reaching the end of his illustrious career. A short but sweet read which hints at a future storyline for Aiden as he follows in his father's footsteps
Diane Lynch
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twenty-Two (Assassins #11.5) by Toni Aleo I adored Toni Aleo’s TWENTY-TWO. We heard Lucas Brooks’ and Fallon Parker’s story in the second book of the Assassins series, TRYING TO SCORE. I love that Toni Aleo revisited Lucas’ life towards the end of his career in book 11.5, TWENTY-TWO. I also appreciated, the glimpse of his son, Aiden’s life, as well as the other Assassin’s and their families. Like the other books in the Assassin’s series, this story takes place in Nashville. It is suitable for ad ...more
Renee Entress
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

The story has laughs, steam, secrets, hockey fun, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
Falling for the Backup (Assassins, #3.5)
Falling for the Backup Epilogue (Assassins, #3.6)
4 & Counting (Assassins, #3.7)
Blue Lines (Assassins, #4)
Breaking Away (Assassins, #5)
Tangled in the Laces (Assassins, #5.5)
Laces and Lace (Assassins, #6)
A Very Merry Hockey
Diane Lynch
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
I adored Toni Aleo’s TWENTY-TWO. We heard Lucas Brooks’ and Fallon Parker’s story in the second book of the Assassins series, TRYING TO SCORE. I love that Toni Aleo revisited Lucas’ life towards the end of his career in book 11.5, TWENTY-TWO. I also appreciated, the glimpse of his son, Aiden’s life, as well as the other Assassin’s and their families. Like the other books in the Assassin’s series, this story takes place in Nashville. It is suitable for adults.

I have always liked Lucas. He is one
Jennifer Pierson
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series so much, not to mention the author, so when she put out a novella about a past couple that I fell in love with, I was ever so excited. AND she did NOT disappoint at ALL! It's decade later, and Lucas Brooks is nowhere close to the brawling hothead he was when he was traded to the Nashville Assassins, in fact, he's a great family man who loves every one of his children, and more in love with his life than ever. But time never slows for anyone, and he's just about at the end of h ...more
Pam
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

I am a fan of the Assassin's from day 1 and fell in love with Lucas and Fallon and their boy Aiden. It was great to get a look at what their family has become after all these years.

As they fight for the cup Lucas is very tired and feeling his age. He loves playing hockey with everything in his soul. He also loves his family with his whole heart.

Fallon is trying her best to run the household and her business while Lucas is playing hockey. When there is tal
Darcy
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked how we got to catch up with one of the previous couples. It was interesting to see Fallon and Lucas go through more phases of their life. I liked the choice that Lucas made at the end, thought it was the best for him and his family.
Mary McFarlane
Ugh I love this series so much it's not even funny. It's insane how a novella could have me laughing and crying at parts. It really just makes me want to read the series over from the start. Maybe with Aiden we would get another college series out of her??? Can't wait for her next book to come out
Mia Book Addict
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I just realized how much I missed Brooks family. I adore Aiden. I am hoping we will get a book for him too. Maybe as a 4th book in 'Bellevue Bullies'. Cannot wait to read the next book in the series...
Wendy Moore
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the Assassin's. So many feels for a novella. It was great catching up with Lucas and Fallon and the gang. Well done Toni!!
Eleanor
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Assassin Stars

I loved catching up with the Brook's family. in this Assassins novella. I love the Assassins Series and getting to hear about past characters is one of my favourite things to read.

The Assassins are fighting for the cup and Lucas is tired and feeling his age. He's not ready to give up his spot on the team but her may not have a choice. But his kids are getting bigger and he feels he's missing out on that.

This was a short, sweet and funny read. As always with Toni's books I read i
The Book Lover
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Revisiting the brooks was amazing!!!! I do hope that aiden gets his own book!!! I loved this short story of this couple! And hearing about how the entire assassins gang was doing!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Losing an Edge (Portland Storm, #8)
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • Flirting on Ice (Atlantic City Hustlers, #1)
  • Puck Bunny
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Holiday on Ice (Play by Play, #8.5)
  • Out of Left Field (Deadlines & Diamonds, #3)
  • A Cranberry Inn Christmas (A Cranberry Inn novella)
  • Hat Trick (Heller Brothers, #4)
  • Under the Spotlight (In the Zone, #4)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators sin

Nashville Assassins (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Laces and Lace (Assassins, #7)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #9)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)
  • Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #11)
  • Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins, #12)