Start by marking “Orion Rising (The Orion War, #3)” as Want to Read:
Orion Rising (The Orion War, #3)

Orion Rising

(The Orion War #3)

The war will come—it is inevitable.

After centuries of struggle, the ISF Intrepid has finally brought its colonists to New Canaan, a star system better than any they imagined. They made landfall and began to build their new home, far from the troubles of Sol and the Inner Stars.

Yet no one in the Orion Arm has forgotten that the colonists possess the most valuable technolo
Published June 22nd 2017 (first published June 21st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Orion Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orion Rising

Kara
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Orion Rising (The Orion War #3)” picks up moments in time after the cliffhanger of “New Canaan (The Orion War #2), but…..and I mean BUT….we quickly learn that the author expects you to have read six, yes six!, novellas of the “Perseus Gate” series in between books. WTF?

Throughout each of the books of the Intrepid and the first two of the Orion War books, the author has shifted back and forth between characters, worlds, star systems and even time as events occur independently before people and p
Glenn
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it
This is very engaging pulp fiction, but the self-publishing amateur hour is becoming more and more noticeable. I really, really do NOT want the need for a reading guide. Pick and arc and finish it. The fact that the universe is already splintered into a dozen different series and sub-series and "oh wait I *really* meant to write this (put out an updated expanded repackaged version of books you've already sold)" is really killing the buzz. Cooper needs to back off all the tangential series becaus ...more
Jeanne Fleming
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Series

She is a fascinating woman, a military genius, a fearless leade, but who can be soft and funny at the same time,
I
It's hard to jump into the Ad on 14 I diverse if ok don't know where to start. There are so many characters, so many AI personalities to keep straight,so many worlds so many back atorirs. Let's be honest nrst, this is e nse, this u universe is complicated. The six-book starter set kinda makes it easier. At the end of the books, you can head off into five different directi
Zachary
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
M. D. Cooper does a great job with his sci-fi series, Aeon 14, and Orion Rising is no exception. He keeps up a pretty steady pace, and with this book picking up right where the previous one left off, the action doesn't let up. I really enjoy Cooper's technology and how he has AI's situated alongside (and sometimes inside) humanity. The almost nonchalant use of nano-technology is fascinating, as is the rising use of pico-tech as well.

Cooper channels his inner David Weber in this book, and he doe
Gareth
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Initial thoughts when first reading it were: Another great book. Compared to other books, a little less character and story development as most of the book was around one long and vast battle. Plot seems to be steadily getting more complicated, I hope it doesn't run away on the author. Always enjoyable reading about Tanis, I'm certainly interested to see what her ultimate destiny is, that all the books look to be leading to.
Having reread it a couple of times now, most of that still stands, thoug
Marti
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always, well written, full of action & drama, and fully developed characters. I love the characters (especially Tanis and Joe), but I'm tired of war. Let's have some books without full scale war, please.
Also, the story is becoming too unwieldy to follow. There are too many threads going to keep up with. Bring this story to a real conclusion and then just write new books with some of the same characters in the same universe. For instance, write a whole book about what's happening on Airth
Nancy
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
New Canaan Governor Admiral Tanis Richards faces her biggest battle yet when several enemy fleets converge on her home world. I’ve enjoyed following Tanis’s escapades until now, but this universe is getting too complex. Multiple viewpoints, diverging plot threads, and the different political factions are getting too confusing to follow. While my interest lies in Tanis and her family, I find myself skimming over the passages told from other viewpoints and caring less about those characters.
William Howe
Jun 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Sick of the garbage

Is proofreading no longer possible? "Eternal" and "internal" have completely different meanings. I feel like someone was playing with homophones while righting this book (see what happened there? It works, but it's wrong). "Adrianne" is the feminine version; "Adrian" is the masculine.

So frustrating to read a book that is so poorly constructed. If you aren't going to be professional about your product, stop selling it.
Rich Willson
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Whoever makes the marketing decisions need to rehire the illustrator that was responsible for the earliest of this series. I know that is cheap shot but gah, there are times when presentation is important and lead to judging a book by its cover..

Story wise, book/episode whatever has kept on track; still say a better proofreader and editor needs to be employed..

How may of these are their going to be??
Stephen Schmitt
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still Loving This Series

I thought I might have tired of this series by now. Ready to read something else, something new, but I keep reaching for the next story in this universe. M. D. Cooper has created a cast of characters that I’ve come to care about. People whose development and story arcs I can’t wait to learn about.
Dennis
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, I did have some trouble keeping track of all the characters but still found the story fun and inventive. There are more books coming out from this author in this same "universe" but I think I've had my fun. Good reading though.
Mick Bird
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great series

This book continues the story of Tanis and her people, they hoped that settling in at New Canaan would be longer. But as tends to happen, they cannot get a break. War has come a calling, but it doesn't get the result it was expecting. Recommend reading.
sheila nielander
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Orion War Book 3

As always Mr.Cooper writes. a winning book. That always leaves you wanting more. I love each and every one of his. This is another great read. It has enough surprise to keep you hooked. I highly recommend this book. Happy reading.
Heather Henkel
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I really enjoyed the military battles and all the complex plotlines. I also really enjoy all the different types of relationships this series has between the AI and human characters.
Jamen K Miller
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book!

I really couldn’t put this book down just like all the rest in this series! I have to start the next one immediately!
Carl Alvey
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well thought out book with intriguing, developed characters. M.D. Cooper is a great story teller and he has me hooked. I keep coming back for more of his stories.
Joshua Wecker
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good but complicated

Too many characters to keep track off with too much time spent away from the main characters but still a good read
Purple
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I so enjoyed this series up til now, but it's become an endless chain of betrayal, war, death, etc. Not sure I can be bothered carrying on.
Ann Zdunczyk
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

So much is happening in such a short time!! It is crazy, everyone is showing up for the fight. Sera's mother oh lord who knew!!!
Volpot
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. OK continuation. Getting to seem prolonged and wandering. Not sure I'll let myself keep getting led off into the void
Bill
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Orion Rising picks up right where New Canaan left off. The story continues its mixture of military, political, and interpersonal action.
John Piper
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
This series is one of my favorites! I love the Aeon 14 universe, and the creativity of the author writing it! You never know what's going to happen! So many awesome twists, you never see coming! If you haven't read any of the Aeon 14 books, I highly recommend them! You will easily become addicted!
PJ Lea
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Will she jump?

Another fantastic book from Mr Cooper, with plenty of action and intrigue involving both the humans and AI. Never fails to keep me reading.
Richardt Madsen
Linda Lamon
Sep 05, 2018
Carole
Sep 14, 2018
  • Close Proximity (Perilous Alliance, #1)
  • Lyssa's Dream (The Sentience Wars: Origins, #1)
  • Dakiti (Ziva Payvan, #1)
  • Victory's Bright Dawn (Siobhan Dunmoore Book 4)
  • Blind Fate (Veredian Chronicles, #2)
  • Second Front (Exodus: Empires At War, #9)
  • Transcendence (Aurora Rising, #3)
  • Galaxy Outlaws: The Complete Black Ocean Mobius Missions (Black Ocean, #1-16.5)
  • The Terran Privateer (Duchy of Terra, #1)
  • Democracy's Right (Democracy's Right, #1)
  • Uoria Mates Complete Series: Books 1 - 10 (Uoria Mates, #1-10)
  • A King's Ship (Empire Rising, #2)
Michael Cooper has been writing since he finished Return of the King and had to have more. Lately he has turned toward science fiction and is working on a series of books which surround a colony ship leaving the Sol system for 82 Eridani.

When he's not writing novels or software he can be found spending time with his wife and daughter, or in his wood shop building furniture.

The Orion War (8 books)
  • Destiny Lost (The Orion War, #1)
  • New Canaan (The Orion War, #2)
  • The Scipio Alliance (The Orion War, #4)
  • Attack on Thebes (The Orion War, #5)
  • War on a Thousand Fronts (The Orion War, #6)
  • Fallen Empire (The Orion War #7; Aeon 14)
  • Airthan Ascendancy - A Hard Military Space Opera Adventure (Aeon 14: The Orion War Book 8)