Start by marking “The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners” as Want to Read:
The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners

The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners

Pop your ingredients in a tin and let the oven do the work.

The Roasting Tin has recipes for 75 delicious one dish dinners ranging from chicken traybakes to supergrains. The concept is simple: fresh, easy ingredients, a few minutes prep, and let the oven do the work. Each chapter also includes a helpful infographic for how to build you own roasting tin dinner using whatever

Published April 6th 2017 by Vintage Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Roasting Tin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roasting Tin

Start your review of The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners
Sarah Anne
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of the best cookbooks I've bought in the past few years. I love cooking, and I'm not afraid of complex recipes, but during the week you just want something you can throw in the oven. My partner and I have already made three dinners from this book and every single one of them has been tasty, quick to make and delicious. The book does what it says on the front cover: every recipe involves nothing more than cutting something up and putting it in the oven. This is perfect for busy ...more
Woody Chichester
It feels weird to say "I read a cookbook" but I legit read this cover to cover and now I plan on buying it. I made some delicious meals, plus it has guides for roasting meats, veggies, and grains. Great for making meals for the week or something fancy to impress folks that isn't too complicated. also- WHO DOESN'T LOVE PHOTOS OF FOOD??? 5 stars.
Rob
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
A cookbook that just works. The recipes are tasty and dead easy to create. I don't think we've had a duff dish. In fact, I've been positively evangelical about this to friends - one of the best cookbooks I've used in recent years.
Hannah
A cookbook for people who don't cook, can't cook or won't cook, as well as those that do (perfect for those moments when you're confronted with the prospect of preparing dinner and your mind goes blank). Nothing is overly ambitious, requires minimal effort, and even the most basic kitchen would have all the kit needed. I actually think a copy of this book, a tray, chopping board and a couple of decent knives is the best thing you could send any young adult out into the world with.

The recipes
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, food, favorites
I love this book. I've had it for three days, cooked three completely different meals (chicken, pork and salmon) and all have been easy and delicious. Can't wait to try some more of the recipes.

Update - I am now on my second copy of this book as my first one has been *borrowed* by my 67 year old dad who thinks it is the best thing ever...he's not been cooking that long and loves that the recipes are even doable for him.

Two work colleagues have also bought copies after borrowing mine. It's a
Em
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, cookery
Awesome cookery book - this is my kind of meal preparation, everything in one tin at one temperature, pop it all in the oven then nip off to do a sudoku while it all cooks.
Beka
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Though none of the recipes stood out to me, this would be a great jumping off point for someone to try sheet pan meals and then come up with their own recipes.
gem
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant cookbook which features easy to follow, fuss free recipes that are not prescriptive; if you don’t have one ingredient to hand you can check the options and substitute for something you have without need to to alter the rest of the elements.
There is a good variety of meals to appeal to most palates, I’m really fussy but with the way this boom is presented I can just swap in and out the things I don’t like. It’s a really good guide for showing you what flavours go together.
I
H
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Look, these recipes look delicious. I'm probably not going to make of them because my family and I hate most ingredients in general, but they look tasty as all hell.
Hin-Tai
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant concept - I've been looking for a cookbook based on 'chop ingredients up, put into tray and leave in oven' for ages. (Any recommendations for similarly themed cookbooks would be appreciated!). Delicious, easy, healthy meals.
Beatrice
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
Testing this book as a gift for my newbie-cook partner and have been reaping the benefits! The recipes are all simple and good, very un-intimidating for a newcomer to the kitchen. I think it will go over well!

The best, the absolute best thing about this book is the layout. I read a LOT of cookbooks and have definite opinions on the stupid things publishers do that make the books themselves hard to use even if the recipes are good.

This has a nice, flat-bound, hardback spine that means the pages
Lauren Nesbitt
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Great read - however, it’s a shame that the author has decided not to include the nutritional information beside each recipe as a lot of other cookbooks on the market do. I feel this is a very handy addition so am always disappointed when this is missing.
Becca
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, nonfiction
I tried a number of these recipes and was very satisfied.
Susan Boal
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Simple to follow recipes with clear illustrations.
Such a range of ideas. Every meal so far has been a great success.
No nonsense just delicious!
Toast
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gives me hope that even I could cook something. Fingers crossed. I might give something a go and see if it works.
a semi confident Toast
Katrina Pettit-Holdaway
Highly recommend. Fantastic recipes and easy to cook, even midweek.
Bonnie LeBlanc
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many good ideas! Can’t wait to try :)
Elizabeth Judd Taylor
I love the concept of this book, which offers lots of recipes but also encourages mixing & matching. Everything looks so yummy, too, and the photography is great.
Charlie Weakland
May 30, 2019
Susie Stafford
Oct 29, 2019
Joao Charruadas
Nov 30, 2019
Meghan
rated it did not like it
May 07, 2018
Mar 09, 2019
Teresa
Jan 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• BOSH!: The Cookbook: Simple Recipes. Amazing Food. All Plants.
  • Ottolenghi SIMPLE
  • The Vegetarian Athlete's Cookbook: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes for Active Living
  • Jamie's 30-Minute Meals
  • It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great
  • 5 Ingredients – Quick  Easy Food
  • Bento Power: Brilliantly Balanced Lunchbox Recipes
  • Pinch of Nom: 100 Slimming, Home-style Recipes
  • How Not to Kill Your Houseplant: Survival Tips for the Horticulturally Challenged
  • Pinch of Nom: 100 Slimming, Home-style Recipes
  • Greenfeast: Spring, Summer
  • The Bonsai Workshop
  • The Bonsai Handbook
  • Queen in 3D Deluxe Ed.
  • Are You Listening?
  • No Big Deal
  • The Complete Cartoons of The New Yorker
  • Private Eye Annual 2018 (Annuals 2018)
Rukmini is a food stylist and food writer, who enjoys recipe developing and styling for editorial, advertising and commercial clients. Her cookbooks include 'The Roasting Tin' and 'The Green Roasting Tin', and her next cookbook 'The Quick Roasting Tin' is out with Square Peg in June 2019.

Rukmini left the law to retrain as a chef, working for Tom Kitchin at 'The Kitchin' in Edinburgh before moving