Start by marking “The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners” as Want to Read:
The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners

The Roasting Tin: Simple One Dish Dinners

Pop your ingredients in a tin and let the oven do the work.

The Roasting Tin has recipes for 75 delicious one dish dinners ranging from chicken traybakes to supergrains. The concept is simple: fresh, easy ingredients, a few minutes prep, and let the oven do the work. Each chapter also includes a helpful infographic for how to build you own roasting tin dinner using whatever

Published April 6th 2017 by Vintage Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Roasting Tin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roasting Tin

Sarah Anne
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Probably one of the best cookbooks I've bought in the past few years. I love cooking, and I'm not afraid of complex recipes, but during the week you just want something you can throw in the oven. My partner and I have already made three dinners from this book and every single one of them has been tasty, quick to make and delicious. The book does what it says on the front cover: every recipe involves nothing more than cutting something up and putting it in the oven. This is perfect for busy peopl ...more
Woody Chichester
It feels weird to say "I read a cookbook" but I legit read this cover to cover and now I plan on buying it. I made some delicious meals, plus it has guides for roasting meats, veggies, and grains. Great for making meals for the week or something fancy to impress folks that isn't too complicated. also- WHO DOESN'T LOVE PHOTOS OF FOOD??? 5 stars.
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, food, favorites
I love this book. I've had it for three days, cooked three completely different meals (chicken, pork and salmon) and all have been easy and delicious. Can't wait to try some more of the recipes.

Update - I am now on my second copy of this book as my first one has been *borrowed* by my 67 year old dad who thinks it is the best thing ever...he's not been cooking that long and loves that the recipes are even doable for him.

Two work colleagues have also bought copies after borrowing mine. It's a revo
Em
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, cookery
Awesome cookery book - this is my kind of meal preparation, everything in one tin at one temperature, pop it all in the oven then nip off to do a sudoku while it all cooks.
gem
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant cookbook which features easy to follow, fuss free recipes that are not prescriptive; if you don’t have one ingredient to hand you can check the options and substitute for something you have without need to to alter the rest of the elements.
There is a good variety of meals to appeal to most palates, I’m really fussy but with the way this boom is presented I can just swap in and out the things I don’t like. It’s a really good guide for showing you what flavours go together.
I ne
H
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Look, these recipes look delicious. I'm probably not going to make of them because my family and I hate most ingredients in general, but they look tasty as all hell.
Hin-Tai
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant concept - I've been looking for a cookbook based on 'chop ingredients up, put into tray and leave in oven' for ages. (Any recommendations for similarly themed cookbooks would be appreciated!). Delicious, easy, healthy meals.
Beka
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Though none of the recipes stood out to me, this would be a great jumping off point for someone to try sheet pan meals and then come up with their own recipes.
Becca
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, nonfiction
I tried a number of these recipes and was very satisfied.
Susan Boal
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Simple to follow recipes with clear illustrations.
Such a range of ideas. Every meal so far has been a great success.
No nonsense just delicious!
Toast
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gives me hope that even I could cook something. Fingers crossed. I might give something a go and see if it works.
a semi confident Toast
Katrina Pettit-Holdaway
Highly recommend. Fantastic recipes and easy to cook, even midweek.
Elizabeth Judd Taylor
I love the concept of this book, which offers lots of recipes but also encourages mixing & matching. Everything looks so yummy, too, and the photography is great.
Meghan
rated it did not like it
May 07, 2018

• Serve Yourself: Nightly Adventures in Cooking for One
  • Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes
  • How to Eat Better: How to Shop, Store & Cook to Make Any Food a Superfood
  • Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
  • A Modern Way to Cook: Over 150 quick, smart and flavour-packed recipes for every day
  • Silk Road Cooking: A Vegetarian Journey
  • A Dissertation Upon Roast Pig & Other Essays
  • The Happy Pear
  • The Hoosier Mama Book of Pie: Recipes, Techniques, and Wisdom from the Hoosier Mama Pie Company
  • One Pan, Two Plates: More Than 70 Complete Weeknight Meals for Two
  • Dinner: Changing the Game
  • Salad for President: A Cookbook Inspired by Artists
  • Deliciously Ella with Friends
  • Salad as a Meal: Healthy Main-Dish Salads for Every Season
  • Sunday Suppers: Recipes + Gatherings
  • Vedge: 100 Plates Large and Small That Redefine Vegetable Cooking
Rukmini is a food stylist and food writer, who enjoys recipe developing and styling for editorial, advertising and commercial clients. Her cookbooks include 'The Roasting Tin' and 'The Green Roasting Tin', and her next cookbook 'The Quick Roasting Tin' is out with Square Peg in June 2019.

Rukmini left the law to retrain as a chef, working for Tom Kitchin at 'The Kitchin' in Edinburgh before moving