Start by marking “The Art of Running in Heels (Chinooks Hockey Team, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Art of Running in Heels (Chinooks Hockey Team, #7)

The Art of Running in Heels

(Chinooks Hockey Team #7)

Running in five-inch stilettos is an art form

Leaving your fiancé at the altar on live television is a disaster. Lexie Kowalsky thought she was ready to get married in front of millions of people, but at the last minute she fled the set of television’s hottest reality show, Gettin’ Hitched. Wearing a poofy white dress and a pair of five-inch sparkly shoes, Lexie hopped a fl
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 384 pages
Published December 26th 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Running in Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Running in Heels

Auntee
Ohh, it pains me to say it, but I was disappointed in this one!
I was expecting so much more.
I've read every previous book in this series, and all were winners. But this one...*sigh*
It had a lot of promise, and touches of humor.
I liked the whole premise--but the execution was just...meh.
John Kowalsky and Georgie's daughter Lexie running from her wedding to a Bachelor-like reality star--at first this provided a lot of laughs.
While on the run she meets up with surly hockey star Sean Knox. Isn't th
RachelW (BamaGal)
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Full review...

3.5 Stars. Fast forward twenty-something years from the very first book in the "Chinooks Hockey Team" series; and we have John and Georgia Kowalski's daughter Lexi all grown up. Lexi decides to drum up business for her pet couture enterprise by appearing on a Bachelor style reality series. The reality part of the series has gotten away from her, and she suddenly finds herself at the altar as the 'winner' of the series; about to marry a man she barely knows. She runs away from the w
Karen
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75

I did really enjoy this one, but it was my least favorite of the series. I just didn't bond well with the characters. But it was a cute story.
Tammy  Zautner
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm thinking Rachel Gibson is another author it's time to move on from. In the past, she was always my go to but as of late, I have not been enjoying her work.

Where the hell was the chemistry and connection between Sean and Lexie? At least 60% of the book was them spent apart, in their own worlds, unless sex was involved. No real progression. Heck, I didn't even feel the friends aspect. Not to mention, if I had to hear how hot Lexie and her chest was one more time...

Absolutely no depth or chara
♥Sharon♥
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it

Well this book was a flop for me. I just couldn't get into it. And when I start skimming that is never a good sign. I didn't hate it otherwise I would have just set it aside. I guess you could say I just never became invested in their story.

Lexie was a nice enough girl. She was sweet. But Sean was kind of an asshole right to the end. Then there was Yum Yum. She is Lexie's hairless dog. I couldn't even warm up to her. I don't have a dog. I'm a cat lover myself. But if I decided to get a
Janja
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Well ... I won't drop down and sing: Hallelujah!!
~Kristin~
3 Stars
I was so excited when I realized this was Lexie's story, I just finished the first book in the series about her parents in which she had a huge part, I decided to jump right in to this one.
I was sadly quite a bit disappointed, mostly because of its similarity to her parents story, which was so notable because I just finished it, as well as something just plain missing here. I still really like Lexie and I enjoyed Sean, but didn't love this one...it was just ok.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Lexie and Sean met under circumstances very similar to the way her parents, John and Georgeanne met in Simply Irresistible (a book I re-read as a refresher), which I found highly improbable, but I guess it worked for the story and some readers might appreciate the symmetry. I wasn't sure I was going to like Lexie (although she was adorable in Simply Irresistible). In fact, I kept going back and forth on this character. No sooner would I decide I liked her, than she would do something th
Robin
Lexi Kowalsky decides to participate in a reality show called "Gettin Hitched" hoping it will help her promote her business of couture clothing for pets. She didn't expect to win the competition and finds herself getting married to the bachelor. Knowing she can't go through with it, Lexi runs away from the wedding and hitches a ride on a plane bound for Canada. On the plane she meets Sean Knox. Since she has been busy with the reality show, she doesn't realize that Sean is the newest star of the ...more
Anne OK
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Back in the days . . . well I read all Gibson's books and the Chinooks Hockey Team series was among my favorites. Especially Georgeanne and John Kolwaski, whose daughter Lexi is now all grown up and a runaway bride like her momma. And, of course, she meets her own Chinook player, Sean Knox, who is just as you would expect -- all male and a star player -- and gorgeous to boot!

Nothing much has changed -- Gibson still has wit and charm inside the pages of her books. It was quick and easy read with
Jen
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Definitely disappointed with this one.

It started well enough but then suddenly everything felt rushed and a little all over the place.

Couldn't quite work out what Lexie and Sean's characteristics were supposed to be.

One minute she's "impulsive" the next she's making lists and spreadsheets - going on reality shows but supposed to smart? Too many opposing traits going on and neither was built on enough to make it justified.

It would have been nice to expand outside of the two of them because their
Zairobe25
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
2,5 estrellas.
Toda la serie de los Chinooks me ha encantado, pero este fue un poco decepcionante, fue un poco aburrido y plano, fallo en emocionarme, aunque si logro hacerme sonreír en algunas partes y una que otra carcajada también me saco. Esperaba mucho mas de la hija de kowalsky y Georgie. Un final abrupto, anticlimatico, no solo le hace mucha falta un epilogo, es que ademas sentí que le falta un capitulo completo.
Stacee
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was ok

I’m a sucker for the fake relationship trope, so I was pretty excited for this one.

Lexie and Sean are okay characters. I wanted to like them both so much, but she comes across as flighty and he’s really cocky {and not in a good way}. Sean’s inner monologue mainly alternated between thoughts of Lexie’s boobs and thinking about how there were several other women “out there”.

Plot wise, it was what I expected. There was a bit of drama, due to the reality show aspect, but my main complaint
Jasprit
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading a book by Rachel Gibson has been a long time coming and now after finishing The Art of Running in Heels, I feel like kicking myself for not trying her books sooner, as this book was such a delight to read. I’ve always been a fan of sports romances in books, but lately with books featuring hockey I’ve been devouring and I’ve kind of become hooked to these big hockey stars prowling around everywhere. And with The Art of Running in Heels, Gibson gives us an excellent mix of sports romance a ...more
Leona
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I found this to be a fun, quick, light read. However, I do agree with some reviewers. The H/h were hard to connect with and spent most of their time apart. It was definitely a case of lust versus love. The romance felt superficial and neither characters (primary and secondary) were likable. Character development needed work. Unlike Simply Irresistible which was well flushed out and where you couldn't help but fall in love with the "Wall", Georgie, and Lexie. (Lexie was much cuter and entertainin ...more
Tracy
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25 stars for me. This book was cute. Lexie took some time to grow on me. But I like this author and her stories. I have really enjoyed this series. The ending wasn’t great. Of course Sean came to his senses but I found the ending a bit abrupt and then the last line too corny. Had hoped for better. But a cute book overall.
Sharon Redfern
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance
How much do I like Rachel Gibson's books? So much that even though I have many, many, books to read that come out before this one, I bumped it up to the top of the list and I am so glad I did. The book opens with Georgeanne and John from the first Chinook book "Simply Irresistible". John is now the coach of the Chinooks and he's mouthing off about one of his new players, Sean Knox, and how much he dislikes him. They also wonder how their daughter Lexie is doing with starting her new business and ...more
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via Pure Textuality PR***

2.5 Stars

I have read and enjoyed a lot of the titles by Rachel Gibson, so I was excited for this one. I liked the premise, the idea of a runaway bride and a hockey star escaping to a very small, oddly named, Canadian town.

All of the elements were present for me to really enjoy this story. A quirky heroine, a hockey player hero, the quirky settings.

But, it fell short for me. I think, at least for me, another book in the series felt forced.
Jan
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 stars. This one wasn't as good as I hoped. :( I have really liked some of the other Chinooks Hockey series so I wanted to read this newer one too. And it's not that long since I reread (and enjoyed) Simply Irresistible, which is about the romance of Lexie's parents. That one kinda had some of the same things I was wary about with this book, such as a seemingly air-headed h. But somehow in Simply Irresistible, Gibson made it work and you were kind of charmed by Georgeanne, just like John ...more
Moon Love
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Gibson is one of the OG sports romance writers. I have been in love with her Chinooks Hockey Team from the moment I read See Jane Score and then I devoured the books int he series and all of Rachel's books that came before and after with a veracity that I'm quite proud of. When The Art of Running in Heels was announced, I bout near lost my mind. You see I'd become smitten with Lexie in Simply Irresistible and the fact she was now going to get her own book was just everything. I didn't e ...more
Lauren
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Art of Running in Heels
2 Stars

Lexie Kowalsky follows in her mother's footsteps when she narrowly escapes marrying the wrong man, and hitches a ride on a chartered plane carrying non other than the Chinook hockey team's latest recruit, Sean Knox. Like Lexie's father before him, Sean has no intention of getting involved with the blond bombshell, but their undeniable attraction is impossible to resist.

A mediocre ending to a wonderful series as neither the hero nor heroine are particularly appe
Sep 23, 2017 marked it as to-read
ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review

Find me on

Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Val
DNF

What a disappointment. I was looking forward to reading this book because it's a new addition to the Chinooks Hockey Team and there are a couple of books in the series I love, but I don't feel like reading more dialogues with guys using 'he plays like a girl' as an insult or calling women sluts.

ARC was provided via the publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Linh
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will I ever fall in love with a guy after 2 months? Definitely not, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to love reading about people who do.
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-series
I enjoyed this. I laughed through the entire book.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Not the best I’ve read by this author but still a good, uncomplicated sports romance.
Aly
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Love at first sight deserves a second look."

Lexie Kowalsky's life doesn't seem to be on the right track because she make bad decisions after another. The last one was participating in a reality show to promote her dog clothing business, where she fought for the prize but ditched the groom before they could say I do in front of millions viewers. Hoping to let the dust settle on her mistake and avoid the medias and all the craziness, she board a friend's plane, direction Sandspit, Canada. She wil
Michele
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Fun, flirty and sexy, The Art of Running in Heels is yet another entertaining installment in the long-running Chinooks Hockey Team series. Lexie Kowalsky’s story basically brought us full circle, giving us glimpses back where it all began with her parents in book one, Simply Irresistible. *And* with Lexie becoming a runaway bride just like her mama was back in the day.

I always get a chuckle (okay, more than one) out of Rachel Gibs
Pwrgrl
Mar 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
I loved Lexie as a 6 year old in Simply Irresistible which is why I thought I'd give this book a try even though I haven't been reading Gibson for years. I shouldn't have bothered.

Grown-up Lexie is an utter twit and there was zero chemistry between her and Sean. The only parts that felt real to me were the hockey parts which make clear that Gibson remains a solid fan of the sport. Everything else from the romance to the friendships to family relationships to humor felt forced and forgettable.

I k
  • Virgin Territory (Hellions Angels, #3)
  • Trouble When You Walked In
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • Any Groom Will Do (The Brides of Belgravia, #1)
  • The Changeup (Men of the Show #1)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)
  • Face-Off
  • Busted (Promise Harbor Wedding, #3)
  • At Fairfield Orchard (Fairfield Orchard #1)
  • Two-Man Advantage
  • In the Penalty Box (Seattle Marauders, #2)
  • Friend (With Benefits) Zone
  • Irresistible You (Chicago Rebels, #1)
  • Tangled Up in Tinsel (Sunshine Creek Vineyards, #3)
  • Christmas Under a Cranberry Sky (A Town Called Christmas #1)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
Rachel was born in Boise, Idaho, USA. Her father worked for a telephone company, and her mother was a housewife. Idaho has the largest population of Basques outside of the Basque lands of Spain. She grew up with kids with last names like Uberuaga, Berriochoa, and Egisquiza, but years later she discovered the rest of the country didn't really know much about the Basque culture or history.

Rachel's

Chinooks Hockey Team (7 books)
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
“She was an expert at running in five-inch heels and considered it an art form.” 1 likes
“He signed it with a little heart.” 0 likes