Start by marking “Brogan's Promise (The Mackintoshes and McLarens #3)” as Want to Read:
Brogan's Promise (The Mackintoshes and McLarens #3)

Brogan's Promise

(The Mackintoshes and McLarens #4)

Whisky made her forget. One man's love will help her remember. He could have walked away when he learned of his bride's secret - that she is a raging alcoholic. But Brogan Mackintosh is not the kind of man to turn a blind eye to someone in need. He battled his own demons and won the fight against drink years before. Facing the challenges head on, like the battle hardened w ...more
Published June 27th 2017 by Targe & Thistle, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Brogan's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brogan's Promise

TJ
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5.0

I can totally understand why some people might have a harder time with this story than other Scottish romance offerings - at least in the beginning. It isn't the light, fluffy stuff many expect from a Scottish Highland romance. It isn't even the war torn romance that might encompass a more serious Scottish historical.

This story explores the horrible disease of alcoholism from the very unique, medieval perspective of the heroine rather than any male character - a twist in and of itself! I
Tonya
Wow, I was totally shocked by this book. Having read the majority of Suzan's books, this one is quite different. It's more intense as most stories are that deal with alcoholism. Ms. Tisdale does an amazing job with a character who is deep into her cups. Brogan is so heart meltingly sigh worthy and my newest book boyfriend. Great story!
Kathy Brickert
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read

Another great story from a fabulous author. Love seeing the links to other characters and past stories. Exciting, yet still full of humor! Loved the lady archers! Good read, don't miss it#
Patricia
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
DRIVEN TO DRINK

Disasters impact on our psyches different ways.
This book, in some ways, explores how the loss of a spouse can hit a person, as well as some of the challenges of alcoholism and the compassion needed to he!p an alcoholic - or any other addict - save themselves.
Susan Tisdale is an experienced crafter of new worlds for people to crawl into. That experience shows in this book. The characters are strong, each interacting with the others as if they are gears in fine clock works. The va
Bigedsgirl1
Another exciting medieval highlander romance by Suzan Tisdale! Brogan's Promise is filled with surprising plot twists, humorous dialogue, unforgettable primary and secondary characters, and exhilarating action scenes that kept me riveted to each and every page. I have developed an addiction to Ms. Tisdale's suspenseful highlander romance novels and I am looking forward to my next fix.
Kelsie
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better! Definitely a must-read.
Patricia
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I must say I fell in love with this book and read the whole thing in one day . Brogan and Mairghread are such a great couple , they went through a lot to be together . I will say that there are some really hard parts to read because it deals with alcoholism.  So let me introduce you to Brogan and Mairghread .
     Mairghread has had a lot happen in her life . She has become a drunk , a nasty mean drunk , to hide the pain of the loss of her husband and son. This is the only way she can
April
Brogan's Promise by Suzan Tisdale is a one of those WOW stories, that you never forget. Book #3 but can be read as a stand alone.

I absolutely loved everything about this story, yes, including the villian. What an amazing read, well worth the wait. I couldn't put it down, read it in one setting. An edge of your seat kind of book!

Well written with an enjoyable cast of characters who are strong and brave. The plot is most intriguing. The H/H are a good match. The story flows seemingly. Ms. Tisdale
Natasha Lane
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Such a great story. I was captivated the entire time. The author actually made me feel like I was in Scotland. Combine her descriptions of the Scottish land with her strong grasp on the Scottish tongue and I felt like I was standing among the characters' keep. Additionally, she had such great supporting characters that brought more than enough humor personality to the story. Overall, a great read. Where it fell short for me was in the writing itself.

I don't really like to be spoon fed a novel an
Ginny
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brogan’s Promise – a touching story of the widow Mairghread Mactavish whose life fell apart when her husband and child were killed and turned to drinking to deal with her hurt and guilt. Her maid Gertie, seeks the help of Rose Mackintosh when she finds out her mistress will be forced to marry a notaries Frenchman known for his cruelty –and to some—the murders of his previous wives.
Brogan Mackintosh, brother of Frederick and Ian Mackintosh, an honorable and truthful man --who also a widower—turne
Alison
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Mairghread Mactavish and Brogan Mackintosh. Mairghread is so lost in grief over her husband and infant sons murders that she turns to wine and whiskey in a bid to ease some of her suffering. She doesn't really drink to forget she drinks to remember.That is how deep her grief goes. Brogan is a widowed Highland warrior who has no desire to remarry until he meets Mairghread with her lovely hair and emerald green eyes. One look into those eye's and he decides then and there that ...more
Petula
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mairghread Mactavish fell into the wine flagon when her husband and son were murdered and now three years later is still there. The old women who have cared for her are desperate to find her a husband before her uncle returns with an evil Frenchman.
Brogan Mackintosh had his own battle with the booze when his wife died and doesn't want to marry again.
Our hero is a very good man who will protect anyone weaker than himself. In this story he will have to be at his strongest mentally and emotionall
Maria
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brogan's promise overall was a very good read. The story is complexed because the heroine Mairghread has a severe addiction. Therefore, she was difficult to love. Brogan's Mackintosh who is our hero, he was very easy to love. I believe he was loved by many readers prior to him having his own story. We got to know him and knew a little of what he went through. So, here in his story he goes through a lot with Mairghread. She is abusive to him because of her addiction and it takes a very long time ...more
Yolanda
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scottish historical romance at it's best. And oh what a hero; Brogan is what all heroes should be, honorable, caring, trustworthy and totally swoon worthy! I absolutely loved this story and know I will go back and read it again in the future. Suzan Tisdale has a gift for taking you into the story and making you feel like you are right there watching the characters in person. The good characters were enchanting and I found myself caring for them all. The villains were so evil you could feel the e ...more
Layne
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love conquers

Being the child of a chronic alcoholic, I was a little hesitant to read this one. I should have known that Suzan Tisdale would treat this subject with depth and understanding as well as love. Both the hero and heroine have problems with drinking but both started their problem with the loss of their spouses. How these two conquer their problems, find and heal each other and fight a common villain is a story not to be missed! Well done Suzan Tisdale! Very well done!
Maria Dariotis
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brogan' Promise by Suzan Tisdale

What a heartbreaking story, Mairghread Mactavish is a woman who has known despair and the worst kind of grief and found temporary relief that drink brought. Brogan Mackintosh is a highland warrior who's known his share of grief. They're thrown together in marriage that both didn't want, but something in Mairghread touches him and he vows to help her heal, together they will unlock the mystery of her husbands and child's murder.
This is not your typical Highlander r
Lisa C
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very in depth look at alcoholism, and definitely worth the read. Brogan is now one of my favourite heroes, as he has such heart, compassion and patience. I laughed, worried, cried and cheered throughout this book - what more could you ask for?
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another foregone night of no sleep...

Totally worth it to read Brogan's story!!!!! Loved every minute of it.... but of course the villainous dirty parts!!!!! Egad!!!!! Horrible man..... good riddance..... I have much anticipation for the next one. I'm curious!!!!! So fun and exciting!!!! Even stories, people, and takes of long ago can triumph over addition, greed, and spoiled men!!!!! ;-) Thank you Suzan Tisdale for your wonderful journey once again!!!!!
Kathy Bunbury
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The portrayal of alcoholism and the drying out process in this book was so true to life! The anguish and heartbreak that that addiction causes was evident through the story. A heartwarming tale of second chances at love. A few amusing scenes and characters make for a delightful Highland romance!
Barbara Literski
Second chance to Love

Excellent book written by Susan Tisdale!! I liked the way she dealt with the problem of the addiction of alcohol. Brogan' Promise has ups and downs, good and evil. The best part is friendship and Love!!
Marta Cervantes
Love this book!

Ms Suzan writes a tale of great struggles faced, growing love, and overcoming grief that will keep you reading into the night!
Margie Cruz
Loved This Book

This book was very hard to put down. Story was great and holds your interest all the way to the end. Such an unusual story. Loved this book. 👍
Beny
Jul 26, 2017 added it
I am totally addicted to Suzan's stories. Love her work and the always extra.
Janice
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books Susan has done. She includes a problem that many people have had to overcome. Brogan and Mairghread are the key players in this book and have to overcome many obstacles before they have their happy ever after. Well done Susan you never disappoint me.
Sandra Standefer
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly Enjoyed

I loved Brogan and Mairghread story! Both had similar life events happen to them and Brogan is there to help and support Mairghread. I loved that the characters from her other books made appearances and are intertwined in this book, but definitely a stand alone story! I thoroughly enjoy Suzan's books and this one ranks up there. Definitely recommend this one!!
Vivian Rossi
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a Promise kept!

I am so happy to have journeyed with Brogan! What an amazing.story of love, commitment, and overcoming!
Suzanne Tisdale takes you on an amazing ride with ups, downs, twists and turns. With family coming through at just the right time! Brogan's Promise
....another wonderful Love story! Definately worth loosing sleep.to read!
Judith Sherrod
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brogan's Promise

Rose had shown amazing intuition when she suggested that Brogan marry Margraid. She was a drunk! He had been and almost for the same reason, the loss of their spouses. After drying her out and getting her to live once again, they started to unravel the mystery of her first husbands death and that of her child. A jealous uncle was the cause of all her pain and that of most of her clan. Proving their susp
Katie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one has some quite funny moments! Tons of heartbreak, guilt, and suspense make this hard to put down. I love series where characters crossover and make it feel like 1 big family! Definitely a wonderful love story. The sacrifices by both build a strong and loving bond!
Lori Quick
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Teresa
Dec 04, 2017 added it
Love the Mackintoshes and Mclaren. This was a great read. Keeps hope and Love alive. Need more of these Mackintoshes and Mclaren!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • When a Laird Finds a Lass (A Highland Fairy Tale, #2)
  • When a Highlander Loses His Heart
  • Maiden From the Mist (Guardians of the Stone #4)
  • Virtue (Sons of Scotland, #1)
  • Guarded by the Warrior (Conquered Bride Series Book 5)
  • Passion and Plunder (Highland Heather Romancing a Scot, #5)
  • Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5)
  • Kidnapped by a Rogue (The Douglas Legacy, #3)
  • Kyla (The Highland Clan Book 9)
  • The Beast of Aros Castle (Highland Isles #1)
  • Taming the Highlander (The Scottish Relic Trilogy #2)
  • Only for a Knight (MacKenzie, #3)
  • No Other Highlander (The McKennas, #2)
  • Stolen by a Highland Rogue (Scottish Treasure Book 1)
  • The Forbidden Highlands
  • Rescued by the Celtic Warrior (Roman - Pict Love Stories, #1)
  • Taming a Savage Gentleman (Taming the Heart, #5)
  • The Handfasting (The Knights of de Ware Book 0)
USA Today Bestselling Author, storyteller and cheeky wench, SUZAN TISDALE lives in the Midwest with her verra handsome carpenter husband. All but one of her children have left the nest. Her pets consist of dust bunnies and a dozen poodle-sized, backyard-dwelling groundhogs – all of which run as free and unrestrained as the voices in her head. And she doesn’t own a single pair of yoga pants, much t ...more

The Mackintoshes and McLarens (4 books)
  • Ian's Rose (The Mackintoshes and McLarens #1)
  • The Bowie Bride (The Mackintoshes and McLarens #2)
  • Rodrick the Bold (The Mackintoshes and McLarens, #3)