Start by marking “Date Night” as Want to Read:
Date Night

Date Night

Fourteen-years of marriage, two-children - and Dan and Lauren were now on the rocks.
Published May 26th 2017 by JF Holland Romance

To ask other readers questions about Date Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Date Night

Start your review of Date Night
Marnie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, poignant and thought provoking, and lightened with a touch of humour.

After 14 years of marriage, and children, Dan has an epiphany one morning, realising that his relationship to Lauren is in danger, their son is almost a teenager, and their young daughter has just lost her first tooth. Despite Lauren’s wish that he spend more time with his family, he’s been all but living at work, leaving them to carry on with their lives without him, something that he now realises, they are very
Dawn Yarrow
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book isn't my typical read but I'm glad i read it as it was an emotional rollercoaster of a read. I can imagine many couples could relate in some way to this story and that is what is so great about it, it feels like you are reading one woman's diary. It is my first book by this author and i would recommend.
Lindsay Crook
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book its filled with so many emotions that had me reaching for the tissues..Witty,heart breaking and sexy all at once..After 14 years and suffering a tragic loss Dan and Lauren decide to get their happy back with hot sex,heart wrenching talks and family days out..A must read for romance lovers.
TopsieJ
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story!

A very realistic, emotional rollercoaster resulting in tears and laughter; the shower scene was hysterical.
I sometimes got frustrated with Dan and Lauren and their lack of communucation, but as the reasons became evident, it made sense where they were coming from. Such a beautiful story, with a wonderful, emotional celebration scene.
Lou
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Up to this point, I've never attempted to read or listen to any of the books by this author.
I've listened to this audiobook twice now, there are 2 reasons for this; firstly, because I listened to this at work and I was afraid I may have missed some parts, and secondly because I enjoyed it so much the first time.
Date Night is a story about reconnecting, not with old friends but with the love of your life, your wife, your best friend and your children.
Dan and Lauren have been best friends
Rosie Chapel
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Date Night follows Lauren and Dan, a once happily married couple who, following a heartbreaking loss, slowly stopped communicating, stopped actually being a couple. Dan spends so many hours at work that Lauren feels like a single parent, the kids don't really know their dad anymore and despite her countless attempts to get Dan to talk about their problems, maybe she just has to accept their marriage is over. After a sleepless night, Dan suddenly recognises what has been right there in front of ...more
Sandra
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant carry on from Blue Christmas...what JF Holland has done with this story is genius. I
felt i was reading Dane and Lorie`s future or was i ??? you read it and make your own mind up, great sex scenes with some very humorous line`s also some very sad and touching moments that were written so well with care and feeling....another amazing book from this Author and i loved it and i`m sure you will too. This story of Dan and Lauren is an insight into family life where love and
Nikki
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this books has all the feels!!!!!
What a great way to carry on from Blue Christmas and actually get to read what Lorie was writing!
This book has everything involved emotionally and really makes you think about how easy it is to lose the communication and trust within a relationship.
Dan and Lauren both thought they were doing the best to help each other but without the key communication would they be able to work it out?
Really really loved reading this book and would definitely recommend
T.N. Traynor
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is what I call a real story. No Cinderella or such other sweet romance in sight.
Real people dealing with real issues and finding real, true love.
I really liked that a lot of the POV was from Dan and explored his thoughts and reasons for acting the way he did. Some sadness in the tale, but overall I felt it was uplifting.
It is a quick, easy to read book with really likable main characters and some hot romance.
Would definitely read something else by JF Holland.
j v sanford
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like many of us before them, Lauren and Dan find themselves caught up in the kids and work. There own relationship takes a back seat. A wakeup call for Dan leaves him desperate to reclaim what they have lost. Hopefully it's not too late...
A relatable, emotional tear jerker well worth a read.
D.M.
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free audio copy with no strings attached but I thought it deserved a review.

Date Night is a story about reconnecting with love. How little things can be taken out of context and how losing sight of whats important can ruin everything.
Dan and Lauren have been been married for 14 years and have 2 children. Dan has been working longer and longer hours, whilst Lauren and the kids have been living their lives without him. It's like they no longer have a real marriage. Lauren thinks he
Sally Wareham
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down was a brilliant. storyline one which happens to most married couples.....what happen when life takes over and you dnt make/spend that quality time with your loved ones ... question start running through your wife's head that's what .Will Lauren ever get the answers she needs should she just leave and move on or can Dan turn his life around for the sake or fixing his marriage. definately worth more than 5 stars. I personally recommend you all to go read it when it ...more
Laura Smith
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first J.F. Holland book I’ve read and it was such a good one to start with. It’s only short so didn’t take me long at all.

This book had me suffering several emotions but was so well written I was glad to have been able to feel everything that was happening with Dan and Lauren.

I would recommend this to others. A very well deserved 5 stars.
Sylvia Clail
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of recapturing a love that was almost lost and healing together as a family.

I listened to this on audio and would recommend it.

The story is heartwarming and emotional read.
tania
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This book was intence and amazing, every time Lauren would want to speak to Dan I was always wondering what was going on but when I found out it broke my heart.

Such a well written novella that I read it in less than a day
5 stars well deserved
Feodora
Nov 28, 2018
Linda Rea
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off this story actually applies to so many marriages, life happens and things slide and you forget what made you a couple. Dan has been working long hours seven days a week and his family are strangers to him. Lauren has become indifferent to their marriage just trying to do the best for her children Rudy and Darcy. When Dan wakes up one day he realizes what he has done and has no idea how to fix it, he goes to see his mother in law because she will set him straight. What she suggests is ...more
Nyrma  Enid
Sep 22, 2017
Clayr Catherall
Oct 20, 2017
J.F. Holland
Oct 30, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracey
Feb 20, 2018
Karina Jayne
Oct 07, 2018
Mehvish Grewal
Oct 27, 2018
Desire'
Nov 07, 2018

• Broken Trust (Dark Legacy #2)
  • Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes, #1)
  • Assisting Aimee (The Omega Team; Delta Force Heroes, #1.5)
  • The Quarter Moon (Afterlife Saga, #4)
  • Kitty Cat (Age of Night, #1)
  • Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Hexes and Other Hairy Situations (The Witches of Enchanted Bay, #10)
  • Soul Mates (Soul Mates, #1)
  • Valley Fire (The Langthornes of Napa Valley, #2)
  • Courtside Crush (Varsity Girlfriends #1)
  • Valley Storm: A Friends To Lovers Second Chance Romance (The Langthornes of Napa Valley Book 3)
  • Riven
  • The Navy Seals Delivery: Email Order Bride (Cowboy BBW Military Book 1)
  • Skin (44 Chapters, #1)
  • A Novel to Die For (Deanna Devlin #2)
  • Shattered Diamonds (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems, #1)
  • Amanita Walmer and the Amberleigh Flower (Adult Edition)
  • Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)
About the Author:-

British Author who writes in UK English...

I was born at home in a small town on the border of Manchester and Cheshire in the UK in January 1968. I finally joined the RNA (Romance Novelists Association) at the tail end of 2017 – a late bloomer and a tad forgetful.
Now a wife and mother of 6 children, I live a fairly quiet life with my family, and a small menagerie of animals in the
“I love you, I've always loved you. You are my reason to breathe.” 0 likes