Start by marking “Gangster” as Want to Read:
Gangster

Gangster

They call him the Joker, but he doesn't joke.
He doesn't even smile- until her.
She's independent, stubborn, strong and she won't be one of his toys.
He's not like other men; he takes what he wants and he wants her.
There are whispers he's a gangster...that his family has ties to the Italian Mafia.
No one dares to cross him until a hit is put out on his newest obsession.
W
Published April 10th 2017

Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

This book was like a train wreck I couldn't look away from. First, what kind of gangsta name is THADDEUS?? Is he the head of the Hipster mafia?? Also, this heroine was WAY too easily distracted by shiny objects. The hero gives her an engagement ring made from blood diamonds, and she is all "OMG...they are blood diamonds?? Oh but they are sparkly, so I will just not think about where they come from" Oy vey...and just to add an extra cherry on the top of the cheesy, there was a recipe for STRAWBE
♡Tonya♡
2.5- shakey stars

There were parts I really liked- the OTT alpha, devoted and getting the girl at all cost. However, other parts had me shaking my head in confusion. Especially one occasion that had me questioning is alpha-ness...

Nearly the first half was a stretch of 10 days, with very minimal contact. Certain things came up and you thought it was going to be a story plot and then nothing came of it..... Then it went at warp speed and it was all wrapped up on the last page. No epilogue. Nothing.
TheresaDK
DNF @ 9% - death by inner dialogue!!

This is one of my quickest DNF reads ever, and I'm kinda bummed out. I liked the blurb but I just couldn't handle the h's incessant and blabbering inner dialogue....
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
This started out pretty good. I liked how the hero courted the heroine based off his Grandfather's teachings. Thaddeus is a gangster who goes after what he wants and he wants Grace.

I like that he is this big tough guy who everyone is scared of. This is one of my favorite types of H's but they still need to treat their heroines good, which he did. But there were times his actions or words didn't back up what a scary H would say or do. He lost a bit of his alphaness in certain scenes.

I loved the
Beneath The Covers Blog
A suspenseful and thrilling romance that gives obsession a whole new meaning!

Gangster is chock-full of danger, drama, and fervent passion. The vicious circle of questions run through the reader's mind, as to what could happen next. High energy and explosive passion sparks intrigue and indulgence that never ends.

The second I started this book, I knew I was going to be sucked in. And boy was I right! Gangster makes you question your own morals, rooting for a ruthless and corrupted man, and the wom
Jan
Thaddaeus oozes power,danger and he's all Italian Alpha. I was immediately drawn to his character.

Grace is a woman with backbone and not afraid of the man most people in Chicago fear.

Thaddeus first sees Grace in a restaurant, few words were spoken but he immediately claims her sending her mysterious gifts for the next 10 days with his intentions on the 10th day to formally introduce himself and make her his, the courting period officially over.

Thaddeus's character is exciting, the plot exciti
Xavier Neal
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read if....you enjoy mob/mafia/crime stories, hot scenes, fast story lines, and an HEA.

Side Note: Sapphire...Oh when she does crime, she creates a crime world you can't help but be swept away in. I like the vibe of her characters, their bonds, and the lengths they are willing to go to. I liked the limits and the unusual time frame of actions she pushed with this book. Not insta life per say, but not the courting process we are used too. While I had moments where I yelled and wished things
100sweet
Apr 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF @ 23%.

I'm all for insta-love but this one made no sense. The h is at a restaurant when a guy walks up behind her, she makes a stupid comment and the guy leaves. From that interaction, the guy sends her expensive gifts and even terrorizes her as she walks down the street. This airhead should be terrified but she really likes the gifts and is so excited when she has his number. Instead of telling him off for his odd behavior she suddenly becomes tongue-tied. I really did not understand what th
Sheena
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written and entertaining....

Honestly this was a difficult book for me to review because my opinion is divided.....I really thought this was an enjoyable mafia/ bad boy romance....I loved the premise of Thaddeus, the gangster who sets his sights on Grace a smart, beautiful, somewhat in denial, woman.... and without divulging the plot I must say that Thaddeus' method of courtship was particularly swoon worthy ...

The central characters were interesting and the fact that both took turns to tell
Lindsay
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stars:
Thaddeus.
Hot, possessive, and a bad boy. He gets what he wants and doesn't take no for an answer. His courting of Grace is unique yet beautiful and shows his determination to bring her fully into his life.
Grace
She plays a hard ass, tough girl, but I feel that there's something in her that makes her want to be coddled a bit. Almost as if she doesn't get enough affection, which all changes as soon as Thaddeus comes into the picture because he's ready to give her exactly what she needs.
G
Michelle Cage
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so Iove this author and my favorite genre is mafia/organized crime so this book was a definite for me . With saying that iw would give this book a 3..5 star rating. This book took ahold of me from the start and I seriously couldn't put it down, so I bet you are sking then why 3.5 stars, it was the ending for me. I felt like I was in wharp drive it happened so fast. it just seemed super rushed and it left me feeling like where is the rest of it. I mean overall the book was good it just seemed ...more
Tara  TUG
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I was so excited the way this book started off. There is nothing I like more than a little sass in my females. A girl who will not back down even in the trenches of a badass man. The only thing I would have wished for is that her attitude would have lasted throughout the book. It seemed that as soon as she met Thaddaeus she lost that spunk.

The one thing I did love was the way Thaddaeus knew what he wanted. There was no question as to who or what belonged to him. He saw the girl and he didn't st
Anne Mercier
In Gangster, I found humor (those one-liners!), sexiness, danger, suspense, love, intrigue, and so much more. The title tells the theme of the book, but there's much more to it. The characters are fun and well-developed... some are easy to read and others are a mystery. I love that! I'm hoping from that ending there's going to be a book 2... there better be a book 2, just saying. I'm excited to see what comes next!
Kristina Snyder
I was really, really hoping that I would love this book more than I did. The cover is phenomenal and the synopsis is intriguing. I had to read this book once I found out it was about gangsters/mafia. There were parts of this book that I loved, and then there were the parts that I didn't love. Basically, I didn't love this book, but I didn't hate it either.

I was immediately drawn into the story. I fell in love with Grace and Thaddeus from the very beginning. I really like how dark and twisty thi
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Rating: 4 stars

I was in the mood for some mafia romance and when this book popped up in my newsfeed, I decided to give it a go. It was a fun and nice read- Sapphire night sure writes the hottest bad guys. T.M was swoon-worthy around Grace and he'll make your heart melt with his gestures. All in all, it was sweet and quick read that I definitely enjoyed.

~ Divya
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
Tianna✸loves books✸
I can only laugh at these authors STUPID attempt to make these STUPID H appear dangerous. They are absolutely dumb and boring just like the h.
Yawn😴😴😴😴
And I'm still clueless as why the STUPID H liked the STUPID h ....!!!!!!!!
God knows and who cares 😴😴😴😴😴
Kristen Johnson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Gangster is not at all what I expected, but instead so much more. The mystery of it all sucked me in from the start, laying a sweet trap to grab and hold my attention and making me read all in one sitting.

While out to eat with a friend, Grace never expects to catch a man's eye, especially not the type of man Thaddeus is, but she does and it changes everything. Suddenly she finds herself on the recieving end of his attention and she's unsure about what it all means and how to proceed. I
*Dee's Book Carousel*
Thaddeus aka Joker was an alpha bad boy, possessive, hot and all Italian gangster! He always goes after what he wants and he want Grace! He literally courts Grace and it was memorable considering what type of man Thaddeus really is. Thaddeus was all in when it came to feisty Grace!

Now tough Grace is a funny smart*ss but she missing affection until in walks Thaddeus aka Joker who never laughs or smiles til Grace!

Although "Gangster" focused more on Thaddeus and Grace's relationship than the seedy
Tina Morgan
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book started out so strong and stayed strong through most of the book. It just fizzled at the end for me a little, I just expected a little bit more than that. I loved the shocked factor at the end but then it fell off and that's where I needed more but otherwise and even with that this book is still good. Grace is a strong, doesn't bend down to nobody woman. And that is exactly what draws the Joker to her. But of course she kind of doesn't believe in gangsters or mobsters either. But when ...more
Belinda
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Just ok

This read just didn’t do it for me. I lost interest at around 74% and really had to work at finishing it, as it was I have to admit I skimmed through the last 20%.
Vanessa Serrano
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
I did have a lot of high hopes for the gangster, however i just couldn't connect with the story completely, the was something missing for me and the end was way too rushed.
Overall a good read.
Kara Galloway
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gangster is amazing! I was stuck in a book rut and didn't know what to do with myself. Gangster was the book to get me out of that rut!

Thaddeus aka The Joker. Is a hot as alpha male who knows what he wants and takes it. Let's just say he's used to getting his own.

Grace is your averge career woman, out with lunch with a friend. She has no idea who the famous Joker is and when she doesn't shy away from him like everyone else, she attracts his attention. Que a heated courtship of which she has no c
Heather andrews
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thaddaeus will do anything for his woman, "...she doesn’t have to tell me twice. I’ll happily walk around naked as much as she wants. I allow her to push my jacket down the remainder of my arms, freeing me from the constricting fabric." Thaddaeus is one considerate man, “I wouldn’t dream of letting you pay for anything. I can give you a card and you can order whatever you want.” I really enjoyed this book, and I'm hoping Thadaeus's men get stories of their own.
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I’ve got to admit that for a bit I wasn’t sure if I would finish Gangster. I wasn’t connecting with the book at first, but I had a feeling if I just continued on that things would get more interesting and I am so glad that I did because I enjoyed this one. I didn’t love it but I liked it overall.
Now with the name Gangster you think mafia right? Well while there is some mafia connection this is not a mafia book.
Love & Lavender Book Review
Can I please start with that I was blown away by this book. My first by Sapphire Knight, I was on the edge of my seat, flipping the pages until it came to a sudden halt. It's gripping, passionate, dangerous, and surprising all wrapped up into one.

The world of violence and impending danger created by suggestion was impeccable. I felt it every time Thaddaeus came into a room. The air around him shifted with his grace, strength and his unknown intentions. His obsession with Grace was instant and u
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
Diving into this book I first wasn't sure what to really expect this being my first Sapphire knight book and all. I started it late at night and was up way into the early morning hours reading it. I was completely and totally taken by Thaddaeus, he may be feared by so many but he was such a giant softy when it came to Grace. He and Grace are super cute and hot together. From the begining I loved that Grace was feisty. My favorite is a feisty heroine and a tough bossy hero, each never backing dow ...more
ABWO Book
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book…
I am not even sure the words to use to describe it.. but I’m going to give it a shot.
Grace shows little grace when she sarcastically pretends that the well-dressed man who oozes sex appeal is the waiter. Little did she know that this was exactly what he wanted her to do and that made him want to claim her even more. Thaddeus Morelli, aka Joker, doesn’t joke or smile for that matter. So when she becomes sassy, he wondered what was happening to him because he smiles.. he calls her beauti
Tanya Santiago
***4.5 Gangsterlicious Stars!!***

This was a really good story and I really enjoyed reading this book!

Thaddeus sets his sights on Grace while Grace is having lunch with her best Kayleigh. Grace has no clue who Thaddeus is and their first encounter with each other was hilarious!

From here Thaddeus determines Grace is the one and pursues her relentlessly. He decides to court her and it’s really sweet when we find out the explanation behind this. Thaddeus is a one hell of a bad ass but also has such
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Covet (Forbidden Series #2)
  • Love Rewritten
  • Wicked Revenge (A Wicked Angels MC, #1)
  • Devil's Own (The Devil's Keepers #3)
  • Where I Found You
  • Danger (Mafia Ties, #2)
  • Mistaken Identity
  • One Cut Deeper (A Killer Need, #1)
  • Close the Tab (Devil's Due MC, #3)
  • Kingdom (Avenues Ink #2)
  • Erased
  • Wrecked
  • Rough & Ready (Notorious Devils #5)
  • Disgraced (The Amado Brothers #2)
  • Partners in Crime (Gambling on Love #3)
  • Bring Me Back
  • Torrid (Sordid, #2)
  • Locke and Key (Titan #8)
I'm the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and International Bestselling Author of Secrets, Exposed, Relinquish, Corrupted, Forsaken Control, Unexpected Forfeit, Unwanted Sacrifices, Friction, Princess, Freight Train/1st Time Love, 2 Times the Bliss, 3 Times the Heat, Gangster, Daydream, Baby, Chevelle, Russian Roulette (Mafiya box set), Oath Keepers MC (MC box set), Tease (short story collection), C ...more
“I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness. -Al Pacino” 1 likes
“You’re either at the table, or on the menu. - Al Capone” 0 likes