Start by marking “A Little Bit Like Love (South Haven, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Little Bit Like Love (South Haven, #1)

A Little Bit Like Love (South Haven #1)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  836 Ratings  ·  239 Reviews
What if you had everything in the world you wanted…except the man you’d left behind?

Jackson Davenport, the charismatic, strait-laced heir to the Davenport fortune, has a secret. One he’s been hiding since he graduated from South Haven all-boys academy—and that secret’s name is Lucas.

When a work trip takes Jackson back to his old stomping grounds, memories of the year he
Paperback, 1st edition, 332 pages
Published July 21st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Little Bit Like Love, please sign up.

Victoria Smiser Publication Date 7.27.17 as of today (7.13.17) not live on Amazon for pre-order yet

Sabrina
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Brooke Blaine, you owe me a new Kindle! Mine just exploded from the heat you threw at me in the form of Jackson and Lucas.

A Little Bit Like Love is actually a whole lot of love and steaminess. Jackson and Lucas had one of the best sexual tension relationships I've read about in awhile and I couldn't get enough of it. It was this push/pull kind of raw neediness from both of them that had me turning my fan on high.

These characters couldn't have been more opposite, b
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Jackson Davenport had burrowed his way into my soul a long time ago, and damn if he hadn’t ever let go.

On a business trip for his dad's company he overhears a conversation in a diner between two men that has Jackson's heart in his throat. Lucas Sullivan, the one that got away, can be found at a night club, that evening. As a combination of terror and hope fills him he contemplates seeing the love he left behind again. For eight years he has be
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

It turns out I like Brooke Blaine writing alone much more than Blaine writing with Ella Frank, whose style doesn't appeal to me.

A Little Bit Like Love is an easy read with:

- plenty of ANGST

(A huge misunderstanding, manipulated by outside sources, drove the men apart when they were 18, and neither has been able to move on emotionally.)

- some steam

(There's only one true sexy scene, but a lot of eye fucking, lusting, and dirty promises.)

- immature behavior on the part of both MCs

(I didn't l
DW
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-love
Lucas and Jackson were hot as hell.

That is all 🔥🔥

photo A4DC2DBA-E455-431B-AA24-BB75C268B30C_zpsntfwr2cp.gif
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Eight years ago Jackson and Lucas were each other's ... everything. For a short eight months, they were best friends, and so much more. But then Jackson's father dragged him out of the Georgia all-boy's academy two weeks before graduation - to 'get ready for Yale' back home in Connecticut.
But we all know that he must've found out about the queer boy corrupting his son.

They haven't seen each other in eight years.
But now Jackson has business down in South Haven.
And Lucas is a famous artist (and se
Jayme
It was my first MM romance and I'm enchanted. Although I have no comparison, now I know why you all love them. And damn, it was so hot too.

“I’d tasted those lips only a few times, not nearly enough to quench a starving man’s hunger.”

Jackson and Lucas met at an all-boys boarding school in South Haven. Something that started as a friendship turned into unfamiliar feeling. They spent only one night together, after which Jackson was forced to leave school and forget about his true desires.

Eight y
Meags
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

A Little Bit Like Love is a solid intro to Blaine's fresh new M/M series set in South Haven, Georgia.

This second chance romance follows teenage sweethearts Jackson Davenport and Lucas Sullivan, who met and fell in love at South Haven's prestigious all-boys school during their final year. But before their relationship could really take off, they were abruptly separated, (unknowingly) due to a manipulative parent and poor teenage boy communication, causing a lot of (avoidable) hurt and h
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Brooke Blaine is rapidly becoming a 1-click author for me. She proves why once again with A Little Bit Like Love, a second chance M/M romance that hit all the right notes with me. An ill-fated couple with incredible chemistry? Definitely. Heart? In abundance. Angst? You’ve got it. Colorful supporting characters with humor? Check. An antagonist you love to hate? Oh yeah.

Jackson and Lucas were doomed almost as soon as their tentative romance began at an all-boys boarding school in South
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Brooke Blaine nailed her first solo M/M story. I was instantly enthralled from the first chapter. Jackson and Lucas were two amazing characters who complemented each other flawlessly.
Because Logan had been hurt in the past he now had his walls closed around him, never letting anyone in only his two friends Bash and Shaw. Now he's a party and one night stand kind of guy.
Jackson works for his father's company and doing what everyone else wants and expects of him making him feel lonely and not wh
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

c3ecd370db7268085e049d546117c1

It’s a Brooke Blaine book so naturally it’s given that I WOULD READ this book since it’s pretty much obvious how much I LOVE her writing and how could I not when she writes stories that are packed with heat, passion, sexiness, and raw emotions whether it be romantic comedy, suspense, or an M/M love story. Either way, her books are always phenomenal. And in her latest M/M novel, A Little Bit Like Love, I more than like this book. I LOVED IT!
Elsbeth
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it

*3.5 stars*

I didn't connect with the characters as all the others did. So I wasn't ready to forgive Lucas for his stupid behavior at the end than Jackson was.

I did like the side characters but it saddened me we didn't get a glimpse of their relationship with Lucas in the missing years of Jackson. I am looking forward to their stories though!! Shaw's story first!
Dani
I must say I adore second chance love. I enjoy seeing what the characters went through and how they will overcome their problems to be together again. Besides, this kind of story comes with a certain amount of angst and I’m an angst-junkie so I cannot say no to this type of book. However, I admit this wasn’t as good as I expected and it’s a bummer.

In his senior year in all-boy school, Jackson Devenport meets the new transferred kid, Lucas Sullivan. What they didn’t imagine is that their brand-ne
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
5 stars.

He wasn't a fling. He was fatal. The damage he could do to me if I let him would be irreparable.

Out of all the Brooke Blaine books I've read to date, this has got to be my favorite. Hands down. And the fact that I think this is her first solo MM novel? A cherry on top if you ask me. The way the story had been written, it looked like she's been doing it all her life.

I loved the way everything flowed so naturally. I'm not the biggest fan of second chance romance but Brooke has writte
Aeren
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
No está mal, pero bueno, es la típica novela llena de malos entendidos y malos malosos muy acartonados, el padre era casi una broma en su previsibilidad, se supone que habrá al menos dos secuelas más, ya que deja bastante entrever la vida de dos de los amigos del pobre Lucas, que tiene menos luces que un candil. Se agradece el KU, al menos.
Dimitri
THIS WAS NOT MY CUPPA, DNF AT 50%

I seem to be in the minority here regarding this book so let me explain my rating. This romance was so fake to me I'm sorry. It read like insta-love or insta-lust but yet these men have a "past". Where was the relationship build up? They reportedly love each other but you didn't know why? And half of the time they acted so shitty to each other it was grating. Where were the deep feelings of affection, loyalty, and comfort. OH SURE WE GOT THE DESIRE, but lust is
Jay
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars – A Little Bit Like Love is my first exposure to Brooke Blaine, and while I had some (mostly) small issues while reading it, I enjoyed this rather angsty second-chance romance overall and believe this to be a book that most who read it will love not only for the smoldering heat between the lead characters but also for the sense of desperation it invokes through the setup of a relationship that cannot succeed because of the characters’ circumstances.

During his senior year at an exclusive
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Once again I find myself thanking an author for introducing me to another author; about a year ago Ella Frank co-wrote a series with Brooke Blaine who I had never read before. I loved their #PreLocke series and immediately started grabbing up Brooke’s backlist and fell in love with her humorous, fun, and sexy stories. So, I was thrilled to find out she was writing her first solo gay romance (#PresLocke is also a gay romance co-authored with Ella) and having just finished A Little Bit Like Love I
Amanda
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book should name 'A Lot Like Love' because there is nothing 'little' about the intensity and the deep level of emotional connection between Jackson and Lucas. This second chance romance nearly slayed me, there is just too much adversity that the guys had face to finally achieve their well deserved HEA.

If I were to exclude the prologue and the epilogue, this entire story only took less than a week. But what a week it was. As with any second romance, there are much heartache past and present,
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
3 stars

Pretty good solo MM novel from the author who co-wrote the PresLocke series with Ella Frank.

RTC
Shayna
When I see the name Brooke Blaine, I usually associate it with her co-written work with author Ella Frank. I've only read one author book by Ms. Blaine as an independent writer, and I'm kicking myself for not reading more of her own work. After finishing up A LITTLE BIT LIKE LOVE, I can easily say I'm ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with her writing, with these characters, and with their epic journey back to one another. This is the type of romance that gets my blood pumping, my heart racing, and my entire b ...more
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4.5 LOVELY CROWNS

*Sigh* I love Lucas and Jackson! Their romance and story, while heartbreaking at times, is so perfect and heartwarming.

This second chance romance is so effective because of how wonderful Jackson and Lucas are as people. This is not to say they are perfect. Jackson bends to the will of his father, who has less than honorable intentions. He has denied himself happiness to honor his father wishes and be the namesake of his family. Lucas has coped wi
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
A Little Bit Like Love (South Haven #1) by Brooke Blaine
4.5 stars!!!

“ Lucas had once been so much a part of me that I’d felt like half of myself when he wasn’t around, and as we reconnected with each other, it was like finding a part of myself I’d forgotten I’d lost.”

For Brooke Blaine’s first foray into M/M she has got this down pat. This book was seriously HOT, I mean flaming, scorching, kindle combusting hot. I love my M/M, I love second chance romance, so when you blend the two together…y
Kim
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 + stars
Jackson Davenport is a serious, competitive, charismatic business man working for his father's company in Connecticut. Now he is returning to Georgia for a business deal...near the All Boys Academy he attended and where he first loved and lost. His life has always been controlled by his father to the point that he was left heartbroken and never really had feelings for anyone else. He works, he goes through the motions, and does what is expected.

He never really thought that his ghost f
Joyfully Jay
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

This book has a little bit of all that is addictive. It has so many tropes all rolled into one and none of them are overdone and Blaine makes them all work in one story. We have friends to lovers, second chances, a manipulating wealthy father, miscommunication, denial, being stranded in a storm, all while adding in a bit of hate sex. But most of all is the incredible chemistry and love that comes through between Lucas and Jackson and the simple fact that they are
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
I liked these guys.
I enjoyed the flashbacks that we got, though I wish there had been more.
I got a little frustrated with Lucas *shakes fist*
Some awesome secondary characters, can't wait for more about Bash and Shaw.
Shaw ***dreamy sigh***
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I have adored every word written by Brooke Blaine so far, so the chance to read an early copy of her new MM book was a no brainer.

MM is my jam - I seriously can't get enough of it, and can't get enough of Lucas and Jackson.

I love a second chance romance, and A Little Bit Like Love swept me away with the raw emotion and love and lust our boys have for each other.

I liked that there wasn't too much OTT drama and angst - sure there were some issues, that is why they
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
This could have gone either way but luckily it went the right way.

I enjoyed it.

It had the required annoying bits but they weren't shake your head annoying, they mostly fit.

There were moments where I couldn't put a finger on Jackson or Lucas. Their personalities changed at times and I couldn't tell who I was reading but these were small blips.

I can not wait for Shaw's story and then I know I will be dying for Bash's.

So, for her first solo M/M, good job.

Melissa | Slow Readers Blog
Oh! Well, hello cute little surprise that I devoured in two days. Hi.

Every now and then I like to choose a book to read based on nothing but a hunch and go in completely blind. It's like my own literary Russian roulette. It's pretty harmless, however I've been grazed a couple times. I'm happy to say that I didn't have to dodge any bullets with A Little Bit Like Love and I'm thankful to that little nudge towards this second chance m/m romance. Looks like I'll be dusting off those other Brooke Bla
Diverse
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august-2017-dr
Reviewed by Jenn for Diverse Reader

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This book was a win/win for me! I love second chance love stories and I love Brooke Blaine's books!

Jackson Davenport appears to have all anyone could ask for; looks, money, a powerful family name. Jackson is successful and works for his father and has a beautiful girlfriend. Jackson is happy, maybe content is a better word. Has Jackson ever really been happy since high school, since Lucas?

Lucas Sullivan, artist, sex God, the ultimat
BR Karen, Josy, Simone and Christelle 168 5 3 minutes ago
You could say Brooke Blaine was a book-a-holic from the time she knew how to read; she used to tell her mother that curling up with one at 4 a.m. before elementary school was her ‘quiet time.’ Not much has changed except for the espresso I.V. pump she now carries around and the size of her onesie pajamas.

She is the author of Flash Point, a romantic suspense standalone, as well as the co-author of
More about Brooke Blaine...

“I miss my best friend." And just like that, I knew. I would've gone to the ends of the earth for that man.” 0 likes