Start by marking “A Little Bit like Love (South Haven #1)” as Want to Read:
A Little Bit like Love (South Haven #1)

A Little Bit like Love

(South Haven #1)

What if you had everything in the world you wanted…except the man you’d left behind?

Jackson Davenport, the charismatic, strait-laced heir to the Davenport fortune, has a secret. One he’s been hiding since he graduated from South Haven all-boys academy—and that secret’s name is Lucas.

When a work trip takes Jackson back to his old stomping grounds, memories of the year he
Paperback, 1st edition, 332 pages
Published July 21st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about A Little Bit like Love, please sign up.
Victoria Smiser Publication Date 7.27.17 as of today (7.13.17) not live on Amazon for pre-order yet

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This is your typical, predictable, and very sweet m/m romance. The second chance, come out of the closet romance that leaves you smiling 💗

I enjoyed Lucas & Jackson's story to their HEA. Although it was predictable, it was cute
Sabrina
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Brooke Blaine, you owe me a new Kindle! Mine just exploded from the heat you threw at me in the form of Jackson and Lucas.

A Little Bit Like Love is actually a whole lot of love and steaminess. Jackson and Lucas had one of the best sexual tension relationships I've read about in awhile and I couldn't get enough of it. It was this push/pull kind of raw neediness from both of them that had me turning my fan on high.

These characters couldn't have been more opposite, b
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

It turns out I like Brooke Blaine writing alone much more than Blaine writing with Ella Frank, whose style doesn't appeal to me.

A Little Bit Like Love is an easy read with:

- plenty of ANGST

(A huge misunderstanding, manipulated by outside sources, drove the men apart when they were 18, and neither has been able to move on emotionally.)

- some steam

(There's only one true sexy scene, but a lot of eye fucking, lusting, and dirty promises.)

- immature behavior on the part of both MCs

(I didn't l
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Jackson Davenport had burrowed his way into my soul a long time ago, and damn if he hadn’t ever let go.

On a business trip for his dad's company he overhears a conversation in a diner between two men that has Jackson's heart in his throat. Lucas Sullivan, the one that got away, can be found at a night club, that evening. As a combination of terror and hope fills him he contemplates seeing the love he left behind again. For eight years he has be
Christelle
**4.5 stars because it wasn’t just “a little bit like love” : this second-chance romance was a perfect hit for me !

Jackson and Lucas met their last year of high school in Savannah (let me digress here : Savannah...I so loved discovering this city while vacationing). Even being opposite, right from the start, they clicked, until Jackson disappeared out of the blue just before graduation.
Fast forward eight years later. Jackson has done everything expected and required by his father to become the
Simone
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***4.5 Stars***
"Do you remember?" Jackson said softly, his gaze locked on the same spot mine was, as if he were reliving the memory too.
"Yes."
"That... was a good night."
Every night with you was a good night. Every fucking day, too.

I bet every single one of us know this feeling. The butterflies in your stomach when he smiles at you, the first time he kisses you, the first time you let yourself truly become comfortable with someone else, the first time your guard comes down comple
☆ Todd
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it

I liked this story quite a bit. It had tons of angst, but the guys were pretty immature in their actions more often than not.

And Jackson's father's manipulations, just... wow. He can go straight to hell. That shit was straight-up crazy town.

Oh, and the girlfriend scene, with Jackson (view spoiler) That
DW
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-love
Lucas and Jackson were hot as hell.

That is all 🔥🔥

photo A4DC2DBA-E455-431B-AA24-BB75C268B30C_zpsntfwr2cp.gif
Meags
3.5 Stars

A Little Bit Like Love is a solid intro to Blaine's fresh new M/M series set in South Haven, Georgia.

This second chance romance follows teenage sweethearts Jackson Davenport and Lucas Sullivan, who met and fell in love at South Haven's prestigious all-boys school during their final year. But before their relationship could really take off, they were abruptly separated, (unknowingly) due to a manipulative parent and poor teenage boy communication, causing a lot of (avoidable) hurt and h
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Eight years ago Jackson and Lucas were each other's ... everything. For a short eight months, they were best friends, and so much more. But then Jackson's father dragged him out of the Georgia all-boy's academy two weeks before graduation - to 'get ready for Yale' back home in Connecticut.
But we all know that he must've found out about the queer boy corrupting his son.

They haven't seen each other in eight years.
But now Jackson has business down in South Haven.
And Lucas is a famous artist (and se
Karen
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank heavens for friends...

I have to admit I saw this one and I read the blurb saw some reviews and truthfully I was going to take a pass on it but then I kept seeing the reviews and some friends started rumblings about a buddy read and I checked it out again and again and I really thought about it...well then I got to wondering why aren't I reading this book? It's totally in my wheelhouse and the reviews look good and what the hell, right? Sign me up and that was all she wrote, boys and girl
Jayme
It was my first MM romance and I'm enchanted. Although I have no comparison, now I know why you all love them. And damn, it was so hot too.

“I’d tasted those lips only a few times, not nearly enough to quench a starving man’s hunger.”

Jackson and Lucas met at an all-boys boarding school in South Haven. Something that started as a friendship turned into unfamiliar feeling. They spent only one night together, after which Jackson was forced to leave school and forget about his true desires.

Eight y
Sabrina The Trash Queen
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5 was not expecting this stars

“Quite simply, I’d been lost to him the first time I laid eyes on him.”

So for who doesn't know I'm a sucker and a really big fan of m/m romances (I think is really easy to know that considering that more than half of my favorites books have an m/m romance in it) so when I find a book that has good rating the first thing that I do is add to my TBR shelf and find time to read it.
And that's exactly what I did with this book.

I was expecting to like it but not
Dia
3,5 rounded up

I absolutely adored the writing, but unfortunately this story was super predictable. I've buddy read this one with my best friend and it was great sharing our thoughts and highlights, but we both felt it was too predictable and well the end didn't give us what we were looking for. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The author could have done a better job, but she chose to use SO many of the overused tropes.
I hate it when I already know what we'll get later and there were only a few surpr
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Brooke Blaine is rapidly becoming a 1-click author for me. She proves why once again with A Little Bit Like Love, a second chance M/M romance that hit all the right notes with me. An ill-fated couple with incredible chemistry? Definitely. Heart? In abundance. Angst? You’ve got it. Colorful supporting characters with humor? Check. An antagonist you love to hate? Oh yeah.

Jackson and Lucas were doomed almost as soon as their tentative romance began at an all-boys boarding school in South
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

c3ecd370db7268085e049d546117c1

It’s a Brooke Blaine book so naturally it’s given that I WOULD READ this book since it’s pretty much obvious how much I LOVE her writing and how could I not when she writes stories that are packed with heat, passion, sexiness, and raw emotions whether it be romantic comedy, suspense, or an M/M love story. Either way, her books are always phenomenal. And in her latest M/M novel, A Little Bit Like Love, I more than like this book. I LOVED IT!
Malene
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Brooke Blaine nailed her first solo M/M story. I was instantly enthralled from the first chapter. Jackson and Lucas were two amazing characters who complemented each other flawlessly.
Because Logan had been hurt in the past he now had his walls closed around him, never letting anyone in only his two friends Bash and Shaw. Now he's a party and one night stand kind of guy.
Jackson works for his father's company and doing what everyone else wants and expects of him making him feel lonely and not wh
chandler ainsley ♕
description

actual footage of me & hayley while reading this book ^

holy shit this was everything i could have asked for in a MM romance

you've got 2 boys who meet at boarding school and are savagely ripped away from each other. one remains almost celibate, the other hides his emotions while being a big man whore. they come together again, DRAMATICALLY, and we're given a look at their past and their present.

it was fucking hot and the characters were fucking amazing

there's honestly not much more to say. i
Josy
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, br, kindle, mm, romance, series
~ 4.5 stars ~

What you need to know when you are reading this story: don't make assumptions and be patient. And I'm very glad I had my BR ladies Karen, Christelle, and Simone at my side to constantly remind me of that :)

I will admit I was a bit skeptical when I started reading this book. I didn't get the connection between the two MCs and I was wondering how they could have developed such deep emotions after only having been together for a relatively short amount of time in their teenage years. S
Lyndy Ann ♫
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Brooke Blaine, I enjoyed her LA Liaisons series and her PresLocke series which she collaborated with Ella Frank on so I know she can do m/m, so when I saw that she was writing an m/m series on her own I was excited for this to arrive on my kindle.

I was not disappointed as A Little Bit Like Love was wonderful I enjoyed every single minute I spent with Jackson and Lucas, this is a second chance at romance which I love. These two were torn apart years ago and Lucas is holding a gr
Elsbeth
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it

*3.5 stars*

I didn't connect with the characters as all the others did. So I wasn't ready to forgive Lucas for his stupid behavior at the end than Jackson was.

I did like the side characters but it saddened me we didn't get a glimpse of their relationship with Lucas in the missing years of Jackson. I am looking forward to their stories though!! Shaw's story first!
Dani
I must say I adore second chance love. I enjoy seeing what the characters went through and how they will overcome their problems to be together again. Besides, this kind of story comes with a certain amount of angst and I’m an angst-junkie so I cannot say no to this type of book. However, I admit this wasn’t as good as I expected and it’s a bummer.

In his senior year in all-boy school, Jackson Devenport meets the new transferred kid, Lucas Sullivan. What they didn’t imagine is that their brand-ne
Cadiva
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, absolutely loved this tale of second chances, of finding your place, of going back and making something right, of getting the boy you never forgot and throwing out the damaging things which have made you unhappy.

Brooke Blaine is supremely good at this type of romance, she builds up the tensions but never throws in "plot for plot's sake" dramady (as I like to call it). The drama in this book comes wholly from within the narrative and follows the natural progression of two men - who were ea
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.5 stars.

He wasn't a fling. He was fatal. The damage he could do to me if I let him would be irreparable.

Out of all the Brooke Blaine books I've read to date, this has got to be my favorite. Hands down. And the fact that I think this is her first solo MM novel? A cherry on top if you ask me. The way the story had been written, it looked like she's been doing it all her life.

I loved the way everything flowed so naturally. I'm not the biggest fan of second chance romance but Brooke has writ
Line
As my track record with second-chance-romances has not exactly been great, I went into this with ZERO expectations, but a lot of hope.
Most of my GR friends liked/loved it and it was $0.99, so it had that going for it, which was nice...

And to be honest, the 'second-chance-stuff' kind of worked for me in this one, though other things had me going back and forth between 3 and 4 stars.
description
First of all Jackson's father was a manipulative, psychologically abusive, fucktard! And that Jackson far into the s
haletostilinski
This was a fun read, very entertaining and a page turner for me.

I really loved Jackson and Lucas, who met at an all boys boarding school and fell in love, but Jackson left because his father forced him to, and Jackson was too scared of losing the only family he had left to fight him. That left both boys broken hearted. And while Jackson tried to be what his father wanted, Lucas turned into a playboy, never sleeping with someone for more than one night.

And because of Jackson's father's scheming
Denise H.
*** Teen first love... now... tension, a shadowed past, plus questions to answer. ***
Why did Jackson leave 8 years ago, just before graduation?
Now, both men are big, strong, 26, and businessmen.
Lucas was deserted,

and he's still bitter and angry as he lashes out. We care about these men right away. There has to be more going on than they, or we, know. The worst of all of the problems, all lead to one man, Jackson's scheming father.

Our men don't clear the air immediately because Lucas, artist
Aeren
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
No está mal, pero bueno, es la típica novela llena de malos entendidos y malos malosos muy acartonados, el padre era casi una broma en su previsibilidad, se supone que habrá al menos dos secuelas más, ya que deja bastante entrever la vida de dos de los amigos del pobre Lucas, que tiene menos luces que un candil. Se agradece el KU, al menos.
Amanda
This book should name 'A Lot Like Love' because there is nothing 'little' about the intensity and the deep level of emotional connection between Jackson and Lucas. This second chance romance nearly slayed me, there is just too much adversity that the guys had face to finally achieve their well deserved HEA.

If I were to exclude the prologue and the epilogue, this entire story only took less than a week. But what a week it was. As with any second romance, there are much heartache past and present,
Teri
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked these guys.
I enjoyed the flashbacks that we got, though I wish there had been more.
I got a little frustrated with Lucas *shakes fist*
Some awesome secondary characters, can't wait for more about Bash and Shaw.
Shaw ***dreamy sigh***
BR Karen, Josy, Simone and Christelle 507 8 Aug 22, 2017 03:38PM
  • James—Uncontrollable (Man Up #4)
  • A Worthy Man (The Men of Halfway House, #5)
  • MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Fierce & Fabulous (Sassy Boyz, #1)
  • Switched
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Finley (Sunset Cove, #1)
  • Heart
  • If The Seas Catch Fire
  • Perfect Day (New Milton #1)
  • Ice, Snow, & Mistletoe
  • Deliver Me (The Music Within, #1)
  • Step by Step
  • The Story of Us
  • It Was Always You
You could say Brooke Blaine was a book-a-holic from the time she knew how to read; she used to tell her mother that curling up with one at 4 a.m. before elementary school was her ‘quiet time.’ Not much has changed except for the espresso I.V. pump she now carries around and the size of her onesie pajamas.

She is the author of Flash Point, a romantic suspense standalone, as well as the co-author of

South Haven (2 books)
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
“I miss my best friend." And just like that, I knew. I would've gone to the ends of the earth for that man.” 0 likes