Start by marking “Kim Reaper #1” as Want to Read:
Kim Reaper #1

Kim Reaper #1

(Kim Reaper #1)

Like most university students, Kim works a part-time job to make ends meet. UNLIKE most university students, Kim's job is pretty dang cool: she's a grim reaper, tasked with guiding souls into the afterlife. Like most university students, Becka has a super intense unrequited crush. UNLIKE most university students, Becka's crush is on a beautiful gothic angel that frequents ...more
Published April 5th 2017 by Oni Press

Start your review of Kim Reaper #1
Gaby
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I never buy single issue comics but I was SO drawn to this one, and I don't regret it! The artwork and story are super fun and cute and the writing is hilarious. It would make a great cartoon, honestly.. And I love how it's an (almost) one-woman project. Sarah Graley is someone I'll be keeping my eye on. Looking forward to issue #2!
Erica
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
More like a 3.5*. I found the artwork so fun and colorful. The story was action packed, quick paced, and fun. At times I found the dialogue annoying. Kim and Becka were so cute together but again at times a little intolerable. It is a super fun read that I would recommend. I will also try the next installment.
Vee
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, comix, kindle
more queer women with visible belly outlines in comix please.
also cackled so much at the heaven is a halfpipe joke
Sarah Romano
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

This was so adorable! I read the whole thing all in one sitting. I absolutely loved Becka's character and just how obsessed she was with Kim in the beginning. I also love how realistic their relationship was. Becka knew that being Kim being a grim reaper was dangerous and made her intentions clear once she realized it. I feel like anyone who was in that situation would have felt the same way as Becka, especially after
Alyisha
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Somewhere between 3 & 4 stars.

Through no fault of Graley's, I don't think that comics are my thing. I read the first 3 volumes. I dig the art. The characters are quirky, flawed, alternative, & lovable. I didn't think as much of the villains. I know cats are a a big deal in certain scenes... but the big, macho, cat-obsessed, steroid-fueled baddie just didn't do it for me; I know it's supposed to be clever & upend the "cat lady" trope, which I suppose it was & did -- but I'm still
Amy
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy.

If I had to sum Kim Reaper up in one word, it would be adorkable.. It's cute, geeky, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I liked the artwork. The colors are nice, and Becka's hairstyle is adorable. Same with the cats!
The storyline is cute. It definitely felt a bit rushed, and development of characters and their relationships seemed hurried. The plot was much more silly than serious when it comes to the supernatural, but I did
Kim
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Este es mi primer comic review so.. bare with me. (Recibí una copia de este libro de Netgalley, a cambio de una reseña honesta).

Kim Reaper me llamó la atención porque sigo a Sarah Graley en Tumblr y amo "Our Super Adventure".
Me encanta la forma tan casual en la que Kim es una Grim Reaper y ese es su trabajo de medio tiempo, además Becka es la persona más tierna y relatable de este mundo. Las historia es divertida y rara, pero ellas dos siendo tan geniales lo balancea todo. Me encantaría seguir
Lila Lockhart
The end was a bit silly, reminiscent of the cartoons of my childhood. So nostalgic, but also extremely cringe-worthy. However, overall, this was quirky, funny and unexpected. I thoroughly enjoyed this comic, and look forward to continuing the series. Plus, cats. You can't go wrong with cats.

Thank you to the Rick and Morty 2017 FCBD comic, for introducing me to this adorable series.
Zoe Elizabeth
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Kim Reaper is adorable! Everything I could want from a book about a part-time grim reaper. Such a fun concept - would love to see it turned into a cartoon! The art is fun, the story is entertaining, and there's a great romance thrown in! Would recommend for anyone who like the darker side of humor.

Thanks on Oni and Netgalley for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Malerie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
This is right up my alley

This is so cute and clever. I really like this drawing style and love comics that are female driven. This is especially true when the characters are gay and it ain’t no thang. Would recommend.
Brittany
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
So far - a cute start! I wasn't blown away by it, or anything, but it's cute and funny enough that I'll probably get more of the series shortly.
Carolina
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS IS SO FUN!!! I STAN!!!!
Chris
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very funny
Victoria Koldewyn
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: winter-2020
Ok...wow. THIS IS SO FUN! Great art and story and everythinnnngggg.
Babs
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Becka has a crush on Kim. Kim is a part time Grim Reaper. Also cats. Many cats.
Didn't know that actually having a skeleton makes you a goth. Hmm.
A fun and super cute first issue.
Kit Corcoran
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is cute and silly, and this issue has set the stage for what could be a really fun and enjoyable story. I will definitely be getting the next issue to read.
April
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute artwork and interesting funny story about a super chipper girl (Becka) crushing on fellow goth art-school student Kim who also happens to be a part-time grim reaper. Plus? Cats!
Jason McKinney
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars.

An okay intro to what might turn out to be a decent series. The plot doesn't pick up until the last few pages, which are pretty damn funny.
Carol
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

Very cute. I love grim reaper stories and this doesn’t disappoint. The drawings are enjoyable as well. I bought the whole series to read.
Stormy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! 4/5 stars super quick read and I loved the characters! I wasn't the biggest fan of the art style, but I can look past that and will be continuing on with this series!
Jax  Quenault

• Zodiac Starforce #4
  • Mooncakes
  • Fence #10 (Fence, #10)
  • Fence #12 (Fence, #12)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Fence #9 (Fence, #9)