Start by marking “Dissent (Echoes of Earth, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dissent (Echoes of Earth, #2)

Dissent

(Echoes of Earth #2)

My name is Hiran. I live in a zoo.

Hiran lives in the Colony, a zoo where human teens are kept on display by the casians, a species of scaly, green creatures who’ve put themselves in charge. The Colony is on earth, but an earth long devoid of any natural human population. That’s why Hiran is a slave, why every human is a slave—because casian scientists brought them back fro
Kindle Edition
Published April 28th 2017 by Plumshine Books

To ask other readers questions about Dissent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dissent

Rhoda Baxter
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up because I'd read Discord and enjoyed it. The perspective in this book moves from Beth (in Discord) to her ex-boyfiend Hiran. It shows us what happens when the teens leave the school and go out into the colony. The Casians keep the humans there so that the humans can provide entertainment for them, like we keep animals in a zoo.
When things start to go wrong and the Casians decide to terminate their experiment with this batch of humans must come to an end, Hiran and his frie
Diana Blick
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second in series measures up

I was aware when I started this book that the first book had a giant mystery, strange clues, and a big surprise to carry it through. The author would really have to work hard to pull off a sequel with anything like the power of the first now that all the mystery and surprise were over. Well, Katy Hate pulled it off. There is plenty of excitement and change is in the air, so there is surprise after surprise to get us well through book two and looking forward to book th
Jan Jones
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good read from Katy Haye. DISSENT isn't as fast-paced as some of her other books, but as the sequel to DISCORD it continued the story in a satisfyingly surprising way. I liked the narrator Hiran, and I loved the way the characters are now developing and flexing their muscles.

I'm now waiting for the third in the series and wondering who the main protagonist will be!
Ann Keeran
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eerie story of a small group of teenage musicians and their strange keepers. The Colony is nothing more than a zoo, the teens kept for the amusement of the nasty creatures who imprisoned them. Katy Haye continues her "Twilight Zone" type saga with the second installment.
Christina
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As the story continues, it becomes more and more intriguing, while at the same time some things are made clearer. Fantastic world-building, villains you can really hate and some loveable characters who face heart-breaking choices. I loved this second part of the Echoes of the Earth series and am very much looking forward to the conclusion.
S Weir
Jessica
Dec 29, 2017
Julie Duong
Apr 20, 2018

Echoes of Earth (2 books)
  • Discord (Echoes of Earth, #1)