Start by marking “Un passo avanti (Ricordi Vol. 2)” as Want to Read:
Un passo avanti (Ricordi Vol. 2)

Un passo avanti

(Memories #2)

Alex Stern ha tutto: è di bell’aspetto, affascinante, fa un lavoro che ama ed è l’amicone del gruppo. Vive la vita al massimo nella città che non dorme mai. Ma Alex è anche un maestro della finzione, e neppure il suo migliore amico vede il dolore che il ragazzo nasconde così bene. Lo stesso Alex non è sicuro di chi sia o cosa stia cercando, sa solo che non l’ha ancora trov ...more
Published April 5th 2017 by Triskell Edizioni (first published June 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Un passo avanti, please sign up.
Felice Stevens Right now it is only on Amazon -Kindle Unlimited

Katrina Passick Lumsden
I just might be the only person on Goodreads who feels like Stevens' portrayal of angst-riddled brooding is lacking and her dialogue is hokey and unrealistic. Her characters say things that have all the corny sentiment of a Hallmark movie, but which would never, ever be spoken in real life. Her idea of deep emotional conflict is... Laughable. I'm all for some angst and brooding MC's, and I understand that parental rejection can leave deep wounds in a person's psyche, but Alex's level of angst se ...more
Kade Boehme
Aw another sweet, make me happy read from Felice. I love her feel good style <3 just wanted to give Rafe ALLLLL the hugs. Great read.
Felice Stevens
Jun 28, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
We Are LIVE People!!
Head on over to Amazon!
Chris
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Another sweet and sugary romance - love, love and lots of love ! While both Alex & Rafe carry painful memories from the past, they are able to move forward and learn to trust. Both characters had issues with parents and their families but they stayed strong in the love for each other which was really warming. If you like a low angst fluffy fluff romance, then this is is it - awwweee
Susan
Aug 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
This started out good. I especially loved Rafe, who was shy and had a stutter. But he got on my nerves when he told Alex he wanted more than just sex and still agreed to be friends with benefits. Can anyone say doormat??

And the way these guys were constantly overanalyzing everything, it was awful. They got on my nerves fast.
Macky
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everybody who's read Memories of the Heart will have been chomping at the bit for this follow up, as it features gorgeous, cheeky Alex: best friend of Micah...and endearing Rafe, the veterinarian who befriended Josh after he found Lucky—now his and Micah's much loved dog—abandoned in an alleyway, and as a love pairing they do make for an interesting couple.

Male nurse Alex is a charmer. On the surface he's the man everyone wants to be around. He's fun, flirty, friendly and engaging. In a way he's
Debra
There was so much that was good about this opposites attract story; angst, hot sex, sappy declarations and pet names, and Romance (yes that's a capital R)!

If you've read Memories of the Heart you've already met quiet veterinarian Rafe and Micah's fun-loving best friend Alex. Rafe had a lonely childhood with parents that showed no affection and put him down and a stutter that resulted in grief from other children. He withdrew and only found solace in his furry friends and still has a shaky sense
Kizzy
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-favorite
Another hit from Felice!

What can I say about this book? Out of all the books I've read, this is my top fave. We met Alex and Rafe in Memories of the Heart. We are Alex as the life of the party and Rafe is the quiet veterinarian. Little did I know the stories that these two had. I just wanted to give them both hugs.

I was so emotionally invested from the beginning. My heart broke Rafe and Alex for what they went through. It turns out they end up spending time together becoming friends and learnin
Candice
I started this book and didn't realize that this was the 2nd in a series. Luckily, you can read this without reading the first one. I felt so bad for Rafe, his life just seemed so lonely. Even though he accomplished so much, becoming a vet, owning his own clinic, he deserved to be happy and he didn't get that growing up. As for Alex, I didn't like him at first, but you could just tell there was more there than what he was letting everyone see. These two turned out to be so good for each other. E ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Felice Stevens offers up another heartfelt story of two men who must let go of their past hurts in order to move forward and discover what it is finally like to feel love. I appreciated the complexity of this story, the less than perfect heroes, and most of all the time they took to really get to know one another. Their journey opened up some old wounds, it revealed some pretty big secrets and through it all they persevered and found
Suzanne Ellis
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have absolutely loved every single book that Felice Stevens has ever written. All of her stories are rich with emotion and realism, making her one of my very favorite authors.
But I have never loved one of her books more than One Step Further. Though it can be read as a stand alone, it follows after Memories of the Heart, a book where both of the MCs in One Step Further are introduced.
All of her characters are amazing people. They are deeply flawed for many different reasons, but none more so
Candice
When I first read Memories of the Heart I wanted to know more about Rafe and Alex. Little did I know that these two would end up together.

Let me start with Rafe. GAH! My heart ached for him and his cold upbringing and his lonely life today. It really hurt.

Now Alex. Wow. I don't think I can put into words how I felt about him. Can I see him keeping secrets from Micah? Yep. Why? Because Micah is a giant douchebag and an asshole friend. I might have warmed up to him in Memories, but I went back t
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This was a lovely beautiful story that I read in one sitting.

Alex and Rafe are both broken souls. They've been hurt by people close to them in the past. Alex is a nurse and Rafe is a vet. Both have a caring nature and deserve so much happiness. Will they find that with each other?

Well written m/m read. I found it to be a quick read and really enjoyed it. Loved it.
Lelyana
+++ FREE SPOILER REVIEW +++

*** 5 second chance stars!***

Put the book down with a happy smile, that was a perfect ending. After I put on hold at 89%, because I can't read with my teary eyes. Took a deep breath, and finished the book, with my favorite Alex and Rafe, satisfied.

I remembered, I asked Felice Stevens to write about Alex story after I finished Micah and Josh's story, and Felice said, 'maybe'. And the 'maybe' became , 'okay', and turned out into a beautiful love story about Alex and that
Valerie Degeorge
I Absolutely Loved This book

One Step Further was such a beautifully written book,it has just the right amount of angst and the whole set up up from beginning till end flowed perfectly another beautiful story from Felice Stevens.

The story starts off at a bachelor party for Micah and Josh that Alex had arranged at a male strip club. We met Micah and Josh in their story Memories of the Heart where we got to first meet Alex Stern Micah's best friend of fifteen years.

Alex is a very fun loving and
Marcia
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read a Felice Stevens' novel I am shocked at how much emotion, love, and can-do spirit she packs into each of her books, and One Step Further was no less emotional and a triumphant than Memories of the Heart, the story of Micah Steinburg and Josh Rosen finding their happily ever after and introduced us to Alexander "Alex" Stern and Raphael "Rafe" Hazelton. One Step Further is the story of Alex, the gorgeous and outgoing surgical nurse and best friend of Micah, and Rafe, the beautifu ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

*copy provided to bayou book junkie by author/publisher in exchange for an honest review*

5 + Stars

I wish I could give this book 6 stars! I love Felice's writing. Every book I read just gets better and better. From the first moment Alex and Rafe's lips touch for the first time, you feel the love, tenderness, caring and emotional bond between them. The chemistry is electrical and the sexual tension palpable.

Each believe for different reasons they aren't worth enough for anyone. I loved watching t
SiKReviews
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book reminds us never to judge a book by it's cover. There is always something deeper in a person. Sometimes people put on a happy face to cover up some trauma in their life. I totally got that. Alex was one of these people. But for that one special friend, that one connection to a certain person, that mask is forgotten. They can allow that person so see to their very soul. That person for Alex was Rafe.

Dogs know a person on a level that humans just don't see. When Rafe seens how A
Maggie
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story!

Felice has done it again! A beautiful, romantic story with our two MC's who struggle day to day. Rafe, a shy, quiet Veterinarian, stutters and has lived his life feeling he hasn't been loved by anyone and probably never would be. Alex, hides his grief and pain about not being good enough, with a quick smile and jokes. Neither one has had a serious relationship, and to be with them as they try to navigate this one is incredibly special. Starting out as friends, seeing beyond the facad
Gina
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC for an honest review. Wow! The story between Alex and Rafe was heartbreaking and so full of emotions but yet the love was there. Alex was such a wonderful and funny MC. He's carefree attitude and easy going ways made me love him more than ever. Rafe was such an endearing MC and how his caring attitude despite all he suffered made him such a strong and amazing man.

Another phenomenal story from Felice. I highly recommend this and all her books. The writing is amazing!! Thank you for introduci
Julie Jackson
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC for a honest review. Beautifully written and a excellent storyline.

Alex is a nurse with bigger ambitious. He is longing for something more in life but needs to get the situation with his parents on the mend as well.

Rafe is a vet and a loner. Socially awkward and has always been made to feel inadequate.

These two meet and after a year, finally seem to be headed in the right direction.
Can both of their pasts be mended enough to make both of the see just how much they need each other?

This one
Claudia
Great love story!

I was in love by this book since the first time I read the blurb.

Rafe is such an amazing, sweet and caring person and OMG, he so deserves to be loved!!!!

I loved how Rafe was able to see through Alex façade and step by step, get him to open up and givem them a chance at hapiness.

This is such a sweet and gorgeous book!!! I loved every minute of it!!!
Chris
5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Alex Stern has it all; good looks, charm, a job he loves and everyone calls him a friend. He lives life to the fullest at a breakneck pace, in the city that never sleeps. But Alex is also a master pretender; not even his best friend sees the pain that Alex hides so well. Alex himself isn’t sure who he is or what he’s searching for, he only knows that he hasn’t found it yet.

As a veterinarian, Rafe Hazelton loves each animal that crosses his path; they don’t care if he
Zane Kage
Shelves: 5
An unplanned sequel, “One Step Further” is the result of supporting characters Alex and Rafe (introduced in “Memories of the Heart”) attracting a fan following. Once MCs Micah and Josh got their HEA, Felice’s readers rallied. Most wanted to read more about Micah’s best friend (Alex); some wanted to know if he’d be paired with the veterinarian that had shown interest in Josh (Rafe).

It isn’t necessary to read Memories first, but I recommend doing so. You’ll have a better understanding of the char
Federica Lemme
Shelves: mm-inglese

Felice Stevens, for me is a guarantee. I read everything she wrote in the past year and I like her books very much, they are all wonderful and this one is no exception. I start by saying that the cover is beautiful, perhaps the best one so far. We had already met the protagonists in the first book of the series. Alex is Micah’s best friend from the time of the school of medicine, he had appeared in the previous book as a lightweight character, always ready to joke and be sociable, but a
Heidi Ryan
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This follow up to Memories of the Heart is fantastic. Felice Stevens has a real gift for story telling. I loved this book that focuses on Rafe and Alex. As supporting characters in the previous book, we got to know them a little, but getting to find out their whole story is priceless. Alex, best friend to Micah and all around "fun" guy, isn't really who he pretends to be. He is outgoing to hide his own pain of loss and feelings of worthlessness. He was a failure to his father, and his tragic los ...more
Erin
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-contemporary
I liked this book better than the first one, Memories of the Heart.

As with the first one, there was some dialogue that I found effusive, flowery and somewhat unrealistic, but it didn't detract from how much I enjoyed the story and characters. I also felt like the relationship grew more organically than the relationship in the first book. It was more gradual and less abrupt, though it once again only took the characters days to develop strong feelings.

(view spoiler)
Karlijn
This was such a sweet read.
It was a road to love full of bumps, heavy pasts and other trouble but it was soon obvious that Alex and Rafe belong to each other.
Only a real friend jumps in a car when you're facing an hurtfull event and are alone. Real friends care about you whenever and whatever happens and that is exactly what is happening in this story. And when there is also a spark, although both guys won't mention it, you have an nice and beautiful love story.

“That’s how you make me feel; l
Amy
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Growing up alone where even your parents show no affection makes it hard to believe in love. Growing up when you are the twin not wanted is hard to learn to love. The story Rafe and Alex, the battle with family, the need to belong, can they overcome past hurts and let love in? An emotional story of love and starting over. Absolutely loved this book, its sexy and fun and it's a real heartfelt story! Felice has another bestseller, it's absolutely amazing!!!
Krissy loves to read
A love story that swooned me buy the first page! Rafe and Alex's story is about opening up, facing what's scary and going for what you want and what you can't live without. This beautifully inspiring story reminds me why I love to read about strong, everlasting happily everafters ! Felice just gained another true fan!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Worthy Man (The Men of Halfway House, #5)
  • MAXWELL 3: Love's Conviction (Phoenix Club, #15)
  • Saving Alexander
  • Imperfect Harmony
  • Papa's Boy (Morning Report, #3)
  • Found at the Bookstore (Found #2)
  • Spencer Cohen, Book Three (Spencer Cohen, #3)
  • A Little Too Broken
  • Signs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #4)
  • Dominque (Knights to Remember)
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • The Doctor and the Bad Boy (Ellery Mountain #4)
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Two Silent Cries
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending just around the corner. Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. Her day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two) of red wine. She’s

Memories (2 books)
  • Memories of the Heart (Memories, #1)
“That’s how you make me feel; like I’m free-falling, but still flying in the wind.” 1 likes
“He imagined having a real relationship with a man, one where they would come home at night and have dinner, then talk about their day.” 0 likes