Start by marking “The Noble of Sperath (The Heirs of Eveinia, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Noble of Sperath (The Heirs of Eveinia, #1)

The Noble of Sperath

(The Heirs of Eveinia #1)

When the emperor of Eveinia is murdered alongside his heir, the kingdom's twelve nations are thrown into chaos. A fortnight later, a young woman wakes up with no memories, having been unwittingly selected for an impossible mission—to track down the chosen successor from each nation and appoint one as the emperor. If she fails, she may never be able to return to her old lif ...more
Published April 8th 2017

Starsandsun18
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this is Siera Maley first take on adventure/fantasy.
I've got mixed emotions about this book. Of course, it's very well written but I think it's pretty complicated for me.
I'm too scared to be invested on a MC that maybe she'll turn around or she's not who I thought she was and it's hard.
If you expect romance here you will get none. A possible romance, yes or maybe a triangle? I don't really know.
I'm also used to adventure-fantasy to be really long and this is kind of short. Like, that was
Megan EM
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm going with 4.5 stars. I think it's a good start to a new fantasy series. I'm hoping she sticks with it and the characters grow as well as introduce some interesting new ones as she gathers the 11 other people. It was a little slow to start but I was hooked after that.
Rain
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fourth (well, third in read order) book I've read by the author and the first that's a fantasy, and I must say I really liked it.

It's about a young woman who suddenly wakes up in an unknown place with no memories about her life. She's told she's as a Seer, the person responsible for choosing an emperor when the current one dies without an heir. She must now find the twelve representatives, one from each nation, and choose one as the emperor. The first on her list is Jade, the alluring and playfu
Lexxi Kitty
This book is the second one that I’ve read by this author. I had liked the first I’d read, had eyeballed some of the author’s other books but hadn’t tried another until just now.

The first book I’d read by the author was a cute young adult book set in a high school. A contemporary high school. This book here, The Noble of Sperath, is a fantasy set on a medieval like non-earth.

The book opens with the main character hearing people talking near her. She’s concerned because she doesn’t know who they
Kurt
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
This story tries to be a step by step adventure story with a female main character and it largely succeeds EXCEPT there isn't enough adventure, world building, or lesbian romance. Everything is just a taste.

The story begins in a typical fashion with a hero who does not choose their future. Then it becomes somewhat claustrophobic in a one castle whodunit for the rest of the story. Lesbian romance? The most minor and brief little sentences, like wisps of smoke. Next time I want:

description

That said, I liked
Savanah
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Noble of Sperath is an amazing beginning to Siera Maley's newest series! I was surprised to see the genre of this book strayed a bit from the genre's of her others, as it is fantasy, and was curious to see how she would pull it off. Siera is my all-time favourite author, and needless to say, I wasn't disappointed in the slightest! I definitely can't wait for the next one to come out.

If you're reading this, I would definitely look into reading The Noble of Sperath, and all of her other books
Staci
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book from Siera. It may be a different kind of story from her others, but the writing and characters are as wonderful as always. I am excited to see how these characters develop over time, and I am very intrigued to find out more about Tala and her role in the story. I'm sure I won't be disappointed! :-)
Alecia Kranz
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

The first few chapters did a good job of outlining the world in which the story takes place. Though some of the action scenes leave something to be desired it is great for a young adult novel. The main character develops more as the book goes on and really draws the reader in. In spite of the growth we witness in the story, which includes a couple of embarrassing learning experiences, the main character is still shown as a teenager in the end when she only realizes the impact she had on
Cheyanne
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, lgbt, young-adult
Not the most sophisticated or mind blowing fantasy series, but pretty good for what it is— the first in a YA fantasy series by an author who is, I believe, new to the fantasy genre. I think this book sets up the stage for a great adventure with a lot of possibility, and I look forward to the next one!
Mel
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, fantasy, ff, ya
It took me a while to finish this book, but I finally did it, and I couldn't be more excited. Two of my favorite things in one: girls loving girls plus fantasy equals the perfect combination EVER.

I have to say that, although I loved the book's premise, I wasn't really digging it at first. But then Lia got to the castle and I was sold.

Lia is a really good main character. She's so strong and persistent and nice. I totally love her. And Jade. Don't even get me started. She's AMAZING. And whenever
Marty Preslar
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic story!

This is a wonderfully rich fantasy world, with an interesting mythos and some great characters. Lia is a fantastic protagonist, with her blank slate background, but obviously extremely practical and logical mind. The hints about who she was before becoming the seer are tantalizing and make me wish the next book, NO, the entire series was available to read without pause! (And that's not even mentioning how awesome Jade is!) Bravo! Highly recommended! (Like all of Siera Maley's w
Ashley
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great start to an epic series! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Jade is literally amazing and I'm so ready for this slow-burn with her and Lia!
charlotte
Rep: lesbian mcs

2.5

siera maley should just. stick with contemporary maybe :/
Scott Gray
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, lgbt
I'm going to start by saying that I was surprised and excited when I saw this book pop up in my recommendations list from Amazon. I've read a few other books from this author (mostly ya lgbt romance, which I really enjoyed), and when I saw a fantasy by her I was definitely intrigued. I unfortunately haven't run across too much traditional fantasy with lgbt characters. This is getting better but it's not by any means an easy thing to find.

Okay, where was I? Oh, right. I was excited. That exciteme
Rhea
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Allie (alliembooks)
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-faves
As with so many of the books I review, I had a hard time rating this one. I'll explain that later on in the review, but just know that the rating for this book changed so much in my head (mostly only from 5 to 4, or 4 to 5 stars), but it was certainly a conundrum for me.

The Noble of Sperath is a fantasy, though not really a fantasy with very much magic in it. The only sort of "magic" within this fantasy world is the religion that the people of this world follow that dictates the emperor of all o
Kaiti
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was hard to rate. It's written very differently than most fantasy novels in terms of style, which I think has to do with Maley's backgroung as a high school YA author rather than a fantasy author.

Though this is very stylistically different from what I'm used to in fantasy I still enjoyed it, though the first few chapters were incredibly heavy with exposition.

There weren't any shocking plot-twists or anything in here, it was more of a fun yet routine novel.

My real rating of this would pro
nina
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
I feel like this book could’ve been a great one if the world building had been better, the dialogue less in your face and the valuable lessons Lia learned along the way hadn’t been explained out loud. That last one was what pushed me over the edge to put it down as dnf - her lack of faith was presented in one page, the problem arrived in the next one and then we had four pages of everyone going into depth about what she should take from that.

I really really wanted to like it (it’s wlw warriors a
lauraღ
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: high-fantasy, lgbtqia
This book was definitely like, finding its legs, doing all the things that the first book in a new series needs to do. I also think this might be the author's first foray into fantasy, which does show. But it was entertaining and fun, has interesting world-building, and the beginnings of a slow burn romance which I think I'm going to love. (Jade/Lia would be great but I'm also thinking of Tala/Lia... you just KNOW they knew each other before, and I can't wait to find out how!)

I'm definitely a Si
Angie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
+F/F Fantasy!
+After the info-dumps, it's pretty fast paced. Flirting, poisoning, swordfights! Oh my!
+Jade is sassy!
+Want to know who Lia was before! I have a theory...

-Memory loss leads to two loooong chapters of info-dumping!
-Bad formatting. There's no breaks between some scenes, so different times seem to run together.
-No kissing!
Ginger Miller
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

Not bad at all. Just too darn young for me. I was curious about this book and now I'm not. If I were a teenager perhaps I would want more but my curiosity has been satisfied and I will leave this series to those a lot younger then me. This would have been a great book for me to read when I was sixteen.
Kat
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Slow but catchy

It took a chapter or two to get me hooked. I aware it took months to read those first few chapters. After that I had issues putting down the book. Looking forward to more adventures with Lia and her discoveries along the way.
Tamara
May 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The story idea is very interesting and has a lot of potential, but sometimes the plot needed more action. Overall, it was a good book but I was bored sometimes, so I can only give two stars. I will likely give the sequel a chance and hopefully it will pick up speed.
Charlene Foster
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the world the author created

I loved the world building and characters living in it. The idea of a divine seer choosing the emperors was intriguing as well as an opposing faction that was working against it. I look forward to the next installment.
M
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait for the next book in this series, This was amazingly fun to read, so much fun in fact that I read it all in one sitting. Thank you for sharing this with us.
emma
I like the characters and the storyline was good but the world building could definitely use some work.
Ashley Johnson
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible!!!

Cannot wait for the next in the series - a true page-turner with mystery, intrigue and fascinating character development. I just couldn't put this book down!
Kathryn Kennemer
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I finished this book, I was really hoping that the sequel was already available. It's really good and not predictable at all.
Sylvia
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: obtained, young-adult
i dunno maybe i am just very selective about my fantasy but this was an anachronistic disaster. a quick read but not one i want to revisit, alas.
XR
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I started reading this late last night and the next thing I know it's morning. Nicely written story.
  • The Sun Dragon (The Sun Dragon, #1)
  • In Spirit and Truth (In Spiritu Et Veritate, #1)
  • Rise of the Corpses (The Undertakers, #1)
  • Future Leaders of Nowhere
  • Rising From the Ashes: The Chronicles of Caymin (Dragonmage Saga, #1)
  • The One Who Eats Monsters (Wind and Shadow, #1)
  • Wolf’s Eyes (Amendyr, #2)
  • Golden Mane (The Adventures of Sarah Coppernick, #1)
  • Rangers at Roadsend (Celaeno, #2)
  • Dragonoak: The Complete History of Kastelir
  • The Covert Captain: Or, A Marriage of Equals
  • Evening Crowd at Kirmser's: A Gay Life in the 1940s
  • A Knight to Remember
  • The Gemini Agent (Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, #3)
  • Briarley
  • Learning Curves (Learning Curves #1)
  • The Resistance (The Fey, #4)
  • In High Places (Crosstime Traffic, #3)
Siera Maley was born and raised in the southern Bible Belt. After coming out as a lesbian as a teen, she relocated to a more suburban area and now lives with her girlfriend and very adorable dogs while she works on writing young adult lesbian fiction.