Start by marking “The Last Wish of Sasha Cade” as Want to Read:
The Last Wish of Sasha Cade

The Last Wish of Sasha Cade

The day Raquel has been dreading for months has finally arrived. Sasha, her best friend in the whole world -- the best friend in the whole world -- has died of cancer. Raquel can’t imagine life without her. She’s overwhelmed and brokenhearted.

And then a letter from Sasha arrives. Has she somehow found a way to communicate from the afterlife?

In fact, Sasha has planned an
Published October 2nd 2018 by KCP Loft

To ask other readers questions about The Last Wish of Sasha Cade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Wish of Sasha Cade

Wings & Destruction by G.K. DeRosaThe Lantern's Ember by Colleen HouckThe Edge Rules by Melanie HooyengaQuantum by Roxanne LambieA Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan
YASH Fall 2018
140 books — 39 voters
The Thing with Feathers by McCall HoyleBirthright by Jessica RuddickStarr Gone by Kim BriggsStar-Crossed by Pintip DunnBlack Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel
YASH Spring 2018
122 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Last Wish of Sasha Cade
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
Sasha Cade is a heartwarming story of friendship, love, loss and life!

This book was absolutely heartbreaking. The premise was sad but it was so infused with hope and love that it actually made me happy through my heartbreak and tears - as illogical as that might sound.

Sasha Cade is larger than life! She is 17, in high school and dying of cancer. Upon her death a letter arrives for her best friend, Raquel. The letter sends her on an adventure - one of many that arrive spontaneously and with
Lola
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

It’s rare that I find myself completely compelled by the charm of a dead character as much as I am by that of a living one—because of the death issue, duh—and yet Sasha Cade stole my heart from the very first chapter.

The thing is that while Sasha Cade dies of cancer at an unexpected moment, she departs from the living world leaving more than one trace behind. Her best friend Raquel—the narrator—wasn’t expecting to hear Sasha’s voice again, nor read her post-mortem words, but that’s
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
I started reading The Last Wish of Sasha Cade on 6/21/2019 and finished it on 6/24/2019. This book is a great read! I love the friendship between Sasha and Raquel. Sasha sounds like a wonderful person even when she was only 6 years old. I cried buckets at the beginning of this book and smiled at other times. I like the focus on adoptive parents because I have a co-worker that went through it. I do believe there are good adoptive parents out there because my co-worker is good to her girls. The ...more
Adele Shea
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book made me envious of the love and friendship Raquel and Sasha had. Even just a half of their relationship would make the world a better place.

After just a few short years cancer took Sasha away from the people she loved most in the world but bought someone just as special as she into their lives when she passed.

Heartwarming at its best. Beautiful book.
Marci Curtis
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this book. This compelling, beautiful book that had me crying in the first few pages. There aren't enough superlatives for it. Not only was it stuffed full with characters I wish I knew, but it was brimming with hope, love, family, and friendship. <3

AND THE ENDING.
ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

Highly recommended.

Vernie♡
Apr 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
Sounds like a friendship version of P.S. I Love You, so I'm obviously in.
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
4.5 stars.

I am not going to give too much away in this short review as I'm part of the blog tour for this book but I will tell you this: This book hit me hard. This was one of those books I didn't know I needed until I read it. I'm so blown away.

FRTC

---------

Full review and blog tour info can be found here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

If you follow me on GR (which you totally should…) you would have seen the brief updates I gave while reading this story. There were only a few as I
Samantha (WLABB)
If you look at my Goodreads updates, you will see that I spent a good part of the beginning of this book in tears, but it was all worth it. Believe me, Young paid me back ten-fold for all my tears with that ending.

• Pro: Though Sasha died in the beginning of the book, I still felt like I got to know her so well via her letters, videos, and the flashbacks. I could absolutely see why she was Raquel's best friend, and was able to understand what a huge hole was left in Raquel's life without her.

Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Apparently I didn't read the same book that everyone else did. I went into this assuming it would be some fluffy romance with a dash of sadness, but it was pure illogical romance. The entire book could be summarized by saying it's unrealistic.

I've always been bitter about insta-love, but it made me cringe extra during this book, especially when Raquel says this new boy, who she's known for maybe a month tops, is the love of her life and her best friend. But the only reason she knows about him
Ashley (pawingthroughpages)
I have a feeling no other book will be able to top this one in 2019.
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Cancer may have taken Sasha's life, but in the months leading up to her passing it didn't dim her light. Knowing her best friend, Raquel, would be lost without her she created a mission of sorts. Letters, videos, and a mysterious boy lead Raquel on a scavenger hunt, one that will bring her closer to her best friend even after she is gone and one that will ultimately test her.

Oh my, I had no idea what I was getting into with this book, none at all.
simeon
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, arc-drc
Thank you to NetGalley & KCP Loft/Kids Can Press for providing me with a DRC in exchange for an honest review.

I have so many mixed feelings about this book. There are things about it that make me want to give it five stars, and others that make me feel on the contrary. Nevertheless, I'm going to start off with what I did like:

The world building is wonderful. It's specific and painted all pretty. For a contemporary novel, it was very good.

This book had my emotions on edge 75% of the time. I
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Louden Nelson was a slave who came to California and was able to buy his freedom by working in the gold fields. From there, he went to Santa Cruz, where he was one of only two black men in the entire city. He was very concerned about education, and when he found that the local school had closed, because of lack of funds, he left his entire estate, all $372, to the school board to make sure it reopened. The school was named after him, is now a community center.

That is local history, to where I
Jooke
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookshelf
4.5*

OMG, I so totally loved this book. This type of story is the drug I'm craving. The type I will never ever can get enough of. I just couldn't put it away and read it in one go till it started to get light outside again (Hello sleep deprived me). This book could have made it in to my all time favorites list, if it didn't let me down a little just before the ending.

I loved the idea that someone can so precariously plot a plan to help his/her best friend and family to cope with the grief and go
Eileen (BookCatPin)
4.5 Stars

The Last Wish of Sasha Cade is a book full of heartfelt moments. I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did but I loved it! Such a moving story with a strong message. I wish more people knew of it!

I can't even count how many times I teared up while reading The Last Wish of Sasha Cade. It's about love, lost and hope. The story will make you feel- for the deep sorrow, the bitter realizations and the sweet possibilities. I was particularly fond of the innocent romance.

Sasha is
Paula Stokes
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this expecting "P.S. I Love You meets Since You've Been Gone" (which sounded pretty damn good) but the story turned out to be so much more than that. Young does a great job of giving Sasha (who dies near the beginning) a voice and a personality throughout this story. She serves as a guide to help her best friend Raquel and [spoiler] come to terms with her death and Young puts so many unique spins on this idea that the plot kept me guessing and the characters kept me flipping the ...more
Alja Katuin
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Hello favorites! Here is your favorite dead person again with an adventure for you both.”

Sasha Cade is the bestest best friend Raquel could’ve ever wished for. Selfless, loving and ever caring and now- she is dying. While the entire school is forming some sort of ‘Dying Sasha-fanclub’, Raquel is enjoying the final moments she has with her bff.

The last wish of Sasha Cade is lovely; it’s a sad story wrapped in sarcasm, humour and a whole lot of love. Though the main character dies very quickly
Lena
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-e-copy, arcs
Sigh. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm not the biggest contemporary romance fan. But every now and then, a book comes along (most of them are very gay, let's not lie) and it turns out to be something special. I didn't have high hopes for this one, not exactly, but I did think it would be the kind of emotional book that makes you value life, you know? Everyone needs one like that every now and again. The Last Wish of Sasha Cade holds up to expectations for whole 50 percent of the ...more
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites
I read an advanced copy of this book and loved it! Best friends Sasha and Raquel find balance in each other’s personalities and ambitions. When Sasha learns she has cancer, she leaves Raquel with one final gift – a series of notes and letters. The messages help Raquel remember the best parts of their friendship and also reveal a secret that Sasha has kept from everyone. In a story packed with emotional moments, Raquel looks back on a friendship that shaped her life and slowly finds ways to move ...more
Kayla
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got sent this book in exchange for a honest review, all my opinions are my own and thank you so much to the publishers for sending me this book!

In this book we follow Raquel, who has recently lost her best friend to cancer and is now left with a video of Sasha telling her to show her biological estranged brother around the places of her life for him to have a better understanding of his sister.

So this book worked really well for me.
Raquel was such a fantastic character, she was so fun to
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy THE LAST WISH OF SASHA CADE by Cheyanne Young in exchange for my honest review.***

After succumbing to cancer, Raquel’s best friend Sasha leaves behind a series of adventures to be completed with Elijah, the biological brother Sasha met through an adoption website, but never in person.

THE LAST WISH IF SASHA CADE is an engaging story of love, loss, family, friendship and romance. While not entirely realistic given the typical trajectory
Miranda
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the values of friendship in this story. I think everyone deserves the kind of friendship these lovely girls had.
As the story progresses it was a huge thing of slow but progress. You don’t see much in the way of grief stages but you do notice that each in some ways learns the acceptance and happiness in which to move forward.
The secret of the boy was pretty obvious without saying so I wasn’t to impressed with that tid bit BUT it works in favor for the story and let’s more escalate
Zoë ☆
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
This was cute! I already cried during the first few chapters, which never happens. It had a great ending and was a quick read! :)

- BooktubeAthon 2018 book 10!
Areli Joy
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first time I read the synopsis of this book, I already knew, right then and there, that it would make me cry. I just didn’t expect that I would cry as early as the prologue and would still cry towards its end.

The Last Wish of Sasha Cade is a book that will make you treasure more your friendship with other people, your relationship with your family, and quite surprisingly, yourself.

Review originally posted in Diary of an Avid Reader .

“You got this. You’re so much stronger than you think you
elisa
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
thank you to the publisher and netgalley for the arc of this!

3.5*

raquel just lost her best friend, sasha, to cancer. but instead of grieving and throwing herself into life without her best friend, sasha has something planned from the grave. through letters and e-mails, raquel discovers things she never knew about her best friend, herself and the world she lives in.

i went into this expecting a hard hitting, sad contemporary. and it wasn't? despite the synopsis, and the fact that the subject
Madison
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A powerful beginning hallmarks what can only be described as a beautiful, heartbreaking and very sweet story. A story of sad endings transformed into just-the-beginnings, a story of broken hearts slowly healing, a story of friendship bonds so strong that time nor death holds any sway. The Last Wish of Sasha Cade is an ode to friendship.

Raquel knew this day was coming, but the death of her best friend Sasha still hits her hard. In the midst of her grief she receives a surprise letter from Sasha
Jessica
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
**This review will post November 5, 2018
~~~~~~~~
The Last Wish of Sasha Cade captures everything it intends to: Friendship, love, loss, grief, and new beginnings. From the start you are pulled into Sasha and Raquel’s friendship. They are true best friends about to be separated because Sasha has cancer. You know they would have been best friends into adulthood. Not many people get to experience that.

Though we only briefly meet Sasha,
Kenley Coles
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
I started reading this book and Sasha Cade dies in chapter one. My first thought was, oh no, it's going to be a sad book about her friend dying and I'm going to cry the whole time. I'm not a fan of crying books because they are so sad and too true. But something about the writing made it difficult for me to stop reading.

So I kept reading, and reading, and reading until I finished. And yes, there were tears. But I was okay with that.

This story, with all the feels, about a girl trying to recover
Lauren R.
Hmm, I'm slightly mixed on this one. I think there are a fair amount of pros and cons but I was happy with the ending... so that always leaves me with a positive feeling ;) I didn't love the relationship development or the main characters that much initially, but they did slooowly grow on me. I felt like Raquel put Sasha on a pedestal, which I obviously understand to an extent, but c'mon - this girl never did a single thing wrong in her life?! Raquel was constantly in Sasha's shadow and spent ...more
Neelam Babul
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so touching and heartwarming.

Sasha Cade is an admirable person with a personality that is larger than life itself. She is 17, in high school and unfortunately suffering from cancer. The story focuses on Raquel after her best friend Sasha's death. Upon her death, Raquel starts receiving several letters from her best friend Sasha, letters that she wrote before her death. These letters lead her into an adventure which helps her heal, mourn, and ultimately find love in her life.

The
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Leading Edge of Now
  • The Other Half of Happy
  • Me and Me
  • The Size of the Truth (Sam Abernathy #1)
  • Redwood and Ponytail
  • Path to the Stars: My Journey from Girl Scout to Rocket Scientist
  • Sag ihr, ich war bei den Sternen
  • Butterfly Yellow
  • Even If I Fall
  • Up All Night (Up-All-Night-Reihe 1)
  • New Beginnings (Green Valley Love, #1)
  • Free Lunch
  • All the Stars Denied
  • That Night
Cheyanne Young is a native Texan with a fear of cold weather and a coffee addiction that probably needs an intervention. She loves books, sarcasm, and collecting nail polish. After nearly a decade of working in engineering, Cheyanne now writes books for young adults. She doesn’t miss a cubicle one bit.

Cheyanne lives near the beach with her family, one spoiled rotten puppy, and a cat that is most